EA Forums - Banner

NHLHUT needs salary cap mode or better matchmaking system.

Prev1
rename04f8sea48
5 posts New member
edited January 2019
I’m playing on Div2~3 with my 78 overall team. I combine less stars with lots of average players and silver, bronze players to build a realistic team. also activate some synergies. But almost team that i played against was upper 90 overall legend+superstar team. they got almost same players.(gretzky, sakic, salany, horton, modano, gartner... )
When i meet that kind of team, there’s not much i can do against. they are shooting everywhere, they do crazy dekes, bonecrushing bodycheck....I just watch my team fooled by the opponent legends every time and it sucks.
Some say build a better team like they did. Of course i could do that. but you know what? I don’t care about winning or losing. it’s a part of the game. but at least let me play a game in fair condition. Why silver, bronze players exist? just for reroll gambling? what about all that synergies?
There’s many thing that i don’t get it.
Matchmaking is aweful and totally unfair. I’m so stressfull playing games like this. Please EA, make a salary cap mode in HUT.

Replies

  • The competitive season they had a few weeks ago required all players to be under 80.

    That said, I could see either more competitive seasons with this kind of catch or a different division (Salary Cap 25m, 50m, unlimited) allowing for something like a ‘salary cap.’

    In the previous games, the players actually had a salary and you could see the total salary for your team. Not sure why it wasn’t a feature optimized by EA.
  • If you aren't striving to build your "ultimate" team, you are in the wrong game mode. There should never be a salary cap or matchmaking bias when the game mode is designed to build an ultimate team.
  • Beattie76 wrote: »
    If you aren't striving to build your "ultimate" team, you are in the wrong game mode. There should never be a salary cap or matchmaking bias when the game mode is designed to build an ultimate team.

    "Ultimate" is just a name of these mode.
    I don't think it means "keep buying OP players which finally makes every team looks same "
    Ignoring salary cap, it ruins the balance of game IMO.
    silver, bronze players are useless. they don't even have a contact in NHL 19.
    synergy's useless against that kind of teams.
    I have no Idea why EA made this contents.
    I'm not asking EA to make an another mode beside HUT.
    Just add a category in it just like before(maybe it was nhl13~14 or something..)
    To me, it doesn't look that complicated.
  • xPDogg65x
    829 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    happimilf wrote: »
    Beattie76 wrote: »
    If you aren't striving to build your "ultimate" team, you are in the wrong game mode. There should never be a salary cap or matchmaking bias when the game mode is designed to build an ultimate team.

    "Ultimate" is just a name of these mode.
    I don't think it means "keep buying OP players which finally makes every team looks same "
    Ignoring salary cap, it ruins the balance of game IMO.
    silver, bronze players are useless. they don't even have a contact in NHL 19.
    synergy's useless against that kind of teams.
    I have no Idea why EA made this contents.
    I'm not asking EA to make an another mode beside HUT.
    Just add a category in it just like before(maybe it was nhl13~14 or something..)
    To me, it doesn't look that complicated.

    To split the mode would be ridiculous, the community has been shrinking the last few years. If you want to play a mode where the teams are more balanced, then play vs and leave HUT for those that want to try and build their Hockey Ultimate Team. Not their hockey mediocre team.
  • rename04f8sea48
    5 posts New member
    edited January 2019
    happimilf wrote: »
    Beattie76 wrote: »
    If you aren't striving to build your "ultimate" team, you are in the wrong game mode. There should never be a salary cap or matchmaking bias when the game mode is designed to build an ultimate team.

    "Ultimate" is just a name of these mode.
    I don't think it means "keep buying OP players which finally makes every team looks same "
    Ignoring salary cap, it ruins the balance of game IMO.
    silver, bronze players are useless. they don't even have a contact in NHL 19.
    synergy's useless against that kind of teams.
    I have no Idea why EA made this contents.
    I'm not asking EA to make an another mode beside HUT.
    Just add a category in it just like before(maybe it was nhl13~14 or something..)
    To me, it doesn't look that complicated.

    To split the mode would be ridiculous, the community has been shrinking the last few years. If you want to play a mode where the teams are more balanced, then play vs and leave HUT for those that want to try and build their Hockey Ultimate Team. Not their hockey mediocre team.

    I’m just suggesting my opinion to make a better, fair and more reallistic game.
    To me, you’re the one that make no sense.
    First of all, I didn’t ask to “split” the mode.
    Second, Don’t split the mode because community has been shrinken? community has been shrinken because this game sucks.
    and i know play with AI team is more balanced. but i like to compete with real fans. that’s why i subscribing psn plus.
    so you can call me whatever you want, but you can’t ask me to leave just because i don’t worship this mode.
  • They used to have HUT set up like this a few years ago.

    It would be a great addition to add something like this, similar to the current progression challenges.

    If you “Play Friends” it actually gives you options like this.
  • I'm not sure you can have a salary cap for a virtual game - as said before the main purpose of HUT is build your dream team that plays the way you want. I've come up against teams that were made up of 18 giant, slow bodies and all they did was hit and poke and foul for 60 minutes and hope to get a shooting opportunity from this aggressive forecheck. That's not for me but I wouldn't ban them from the game because their team cost more than mine for example.

    What I do agree with though, is in the Division games to cap the range of divisions you can match up against as you work your way up from Div 10 to Div 1 (hopefully) - say no more than 2 divisions up and down from your own. I struggled badly in September and October to make progress in Divisions because I would keep coming up against teams that were 4 and 5 divisions higher than I was. It wasn't until I built that team you mentioned (with Sakic, Modano, Gartner, Macinnis, Ferraro, Nieuwendyke and Roenick) that I could start to compete and I'm currently in Division 3.

    Would you complain if you met me because of my team? I've worked hard at the game and logged in regularly to get the monthly free legends so why should I have to play the elite players who also have a team rating or worth the same as mine? I'd never win.
    happimilf wrote: »
    Some say build a better team like they did.

    Lets say I do that...
    happimilf wrote: »
    Of course i could do that. but you know what? I don’t care about winning or losing. it’s a part of the game. but at least let me play a game in fair condition.

    So if you don't care about winning and loosing what is the problem? It's not fair that within the rules someone plays the game differently to you? If the NHL did that they half way through the season why don't we say to the top teams that you have to give 3 of your best players to the bottom teams to even things up. That would work, wouldn't it?

    I'm sorry but this to me is just another strand to the ice tilt, HUT not fair arguments we see in the forum all the time. Many of those I would file in the 'making excuses because they are losing' or as my dad used to say "A bad workman blames his tools." I hope you're not aiming for the same bin as those.
  • Cuish92
    posts New member
    I get that the purpose of HUT and World of CHEL (Ones, Threes, EASHL 6v6) is all about getting better and better, but how the hell can anyone even have the patience to do so, when you continuously get Matched with a 99 OVR Team in HUT when you’ve just started playing and have an 80 OVR Team?? At least do a better job pairing similar OVR Rating Teams/Players
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    It’s the time of year. People just starting out, like yourself, are rare and matching up with them is low probability.
  • The players and total OVR isn't the issue,the issue is when someone is say 02 or 1-3 they shouldn't be matched up against someone 10-0 or someone who is completly miss matched.I get that sometimes there may not be a whole lot close to your record online,but in all honesty,I would rather not play than to be blown out and it happens far to often.When it comes to seasons they shouldn't match you with any one more than a division apart.We are in 2000 freaking 19,they should be able to do better than that.as far as teams,build and play with what you can.Some guys are just good enough they can play with crap players and others who like me just suck and it really doesn't matter but match making needs to be better or its pointless to even play.
  • And in all honesty,for me it isn't soley about winning,heck,some of the best games i've played I have lost and I am good as long as it's a good close tight fun game(which don't happen often)And I should say it goes the same,fo rme its not fun when I get smoked or I destroy someone.
  • Dude if you want a balanced game with your weak team play online vs...using nhl teams. The point of this mode is to build a super team.
    If you do the same your team will be as good as the guys you play, therefore it will create the balance you seek.
    I really dont understand your argument. The cards you have are for early hut season. Your thinking backwards.
  • And btw if you want a good close tight game get better at the game and build a better team. Im not going to go easy on you just because you or your team isnt good enough.
    Also drop the front about i dont care about winning...everyone plays to win otherwise take up knitting.
  • ssyd780
    posts New member
    edited June 2019
    Only EA NHL is so frustrating as to make me scream at my screen at a game I eventually win.

    How is it my terrible HUT team at 85/84/85 OVR gets matched against 90+ teams? Oh right, pay to win. Some terrible player who ends up 55% at passing can take a game to overtime because he paid to get Gretzky, Matthews and Landeskog. He just "snipes" (quotations because he just mashed up on his stick) through three defenders draped all over him. If there's skill-based matchmaking I wouldn't know it because his players just make up for his deficiencies. I skate and pass circles around him all game but because he's got his strat set to protect net I can't get the one-timers that are the only way to succeed in this game.

    Come on EA you have the monopoly on NHL games so why not just focus on making the game fun. You don't have to sell pay-to-win packs. And if you insist on being so greedy at least adjust the matchmaking decent so my Andrew Copp isn't lining up against Wayne Gretzky all game. I do pretty good with my terrible roster but it's so damn frustrating playing against all-stars all the time.

    Radel Fazleev beats Paul Coffey to get the pass to Michael Dal Colle for the OT winner!!!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!! So awesome can't wait to play against Al MacInnis next game!*

    [Removed call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    ssyd780 wrote: »
    Only EA NHL is so frustrating as to make me scream at my screen at a game I eventually win.

    How is it my terrible HUT team at 85/84/85 OVR gets matched against 90+ teams? Oh right, pay to win. Some terrible player who ends up 55% at passing can take a game to overtime because he paid to get Gretzky, Matthews and Landeskog. He just "snipes" (quotations because he just mashed up on his stick) through three defenders draped all over him. If there's skill-based matchmaking I wouldn't know it because his players just make up for his deficiencies. I skate and pass circles around him all game but because he's got his strat set to protect net I can't get the one-timers that are the only way to succeed in this game.

    Come on EA you have the monopoly on NHL games so why not just focus on making the game fun. You don't have to sell pay-to-win packs. And if you insist on being so greedy at least adjust the matchmaking decent so my Andrew Copp isn't lining up against Wayne Gretzky all game. I do pretty good with my terrible roster but it's so damn frustrating playing against all-stars all the time.

    Radel Fazleev beats Paul Coffey to get the pass to Michael Dal Colle for the OT winner!!!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!! So awesome can't wait to play against Al MacInnis next game!*

    [Removed call out]

    Don't have to spend a cent. Grind out milestone challenges for Legends, monthly rewards etc. You can get a good team without much effort, and without spending a dime.

    People need to get off the pay to win shtick, because it's a bogus excuse. Do what i did and build a semi competitive team offline, before going online, if you don't want such lopsided team matchups.

    If you can't, or are unwilling to make the effort to build a competitive team, then play VS mode.

    Also, just "mashing up" on the rs isn't sniping lol. Taking a perfect shot with perfect aim is. I always smh when people think there's no skill involved in this game. Literally a cop-out to acknowledging an actual skill gap that so many are determined to claim doesn't exist. Because everyone knows everyone can score at will just from randomly hitting the sticks on the controller, from anywhere on the ice, /s.
  • I just won division 1. I’m 153-154-24 overall played a team that was d5 33-83 overall ranked 3k higher than me.
  • Yesterday I played (in a Competitive Seasons game) a guy who was playing his first HUT game online. He had the loaner Heiskanen, the loaner Naslund and Thornton you start with, an 83 Alumni goalie, and the rest of his team was silver and bronze. My team is 97 OVR (all earned by grinding--no packs purchased with real money). It wasn't pretty. He didn't have a shot, hit, or faceoff win through two periods and ended with one of each. I felt bad creaming the guy and just stopped shooting and cycled the puck for the last several minutes.

    Now it was a Competitive Seasons game, so I could have played anybody, but this was grossly unfair, and I hope it didn't scare the guy away from HUT.
  • MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    Yesterday I played (in a Competitive Seasons game) a guy who was playing his first HUT game online. He had the loaner Heiskanen, the loaner Naslund and Thornton you start with, an 83 Alumni goalie, and the rest of his team was silver and bronze. My team is 97 OVR (all earned by grinding--no packs purchased with real money). It wasn't pretty. He didn't have a shot, hit, or faceoff win through two periods and ended with one of each. I felt bad creaming the guy and just stopped shooting and cycled the puck for the last several minutes.

    Now it was a Competitive Seasons game, so I could have played anybody, but this was grossly unfair, and I hope it didn't scare the guy away from HUT.

    Nothing unfair about that. It's competitive seasons, not bring your starter team seasons. He should be at best, playing standard online hut until he's either skill wise good enough to be competitive with any team, or have a good enough team to assist him in being competitive.

    I'm not exactly one who thinks everything should be fair for everyone. There's equality of opportunity, so it's up to the individual to utilize that to reach the possible outcome(a good team). Not investing the time and effort means you shouldn't have the same advantage as someone who has. But I'm now digressing.
  • Nothing unfair about that. It's competitive seasons, not bring your starter team seasons. He should be at best, playing standard online hut until he's either skill wise good enough to be competitive with any team, or have a good enough team to assist him in being competitive.

    I'm not exactly one who thinks everything should be fair for everyone. There's equality of opportunity, so it's up to the individual to utilize that to reach the possible outcome(a good team). Not investing the time and effort means you shouldn't have the same advantage as someone who has. But I'm now digressing.

    I totally agree he shouldn't have started in competitive seasons, but it had to be crushing for him and it was too easy a win for me.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.