EA Forums - Banner

Beta Tuner Rollback Update + Current Gameplay Feedback Survey

Replies

• If you think that AI defence is overpowered online? I would have to say you need to practice more, they are nothing more than moving pylons.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    LeFury_27 wrote: »

I watched a few twitch streams on NHL 19 this year and it's unberable to watch. Watching them puck ragging, constantly going for short side and saying "oh there we go boys TOP CHEESE!" after they finally get it to go in short side. So painful to watch, that is not how hockey is played. I would think that EA would want the opposite of that but somehow these twitch streamers seem to have a big input on how this game gets tuned. All i'm hoping now is the 7 day beta roll back isn't the last good gameplay we will see this year.

I really don't understand how when I'm playing this, it feels so disconnected with the actual sport of hockey. I basically have to forget about the games I've watch the night before and play a completely different style. The disconnect between EA's vision of hockey versus the real sport along with the community is astounding.

I just want this tuner to come out already while I still have an ounce of interest in it so I can figure out whether or not I want to give EA another $65 next season.

• Please just add the Brian’s IV and the old bauer goalie gear back please and any other missing equipment 😭😭😭😭😭
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    LeFury_27 wrote: »

I watched a few twitch streams on NHL 19 this year and it's unberable to watch. Watching them puck ragging, constantly going for short side and saying "oh there we go boys TOP CHEESE!" after they finally get it to go in short side. So painful to watch, that is not how hockey is played. I would think that EA would want the opposite of that but somehow these twitch streamers seem to have a big input on how this game gets tuned. All i'm hoping now is the 7 day beta roll back isn't the last good gameplay we will see this year.

I really don't understand how when I'm playing this, it feels so disconnected with the actual sport of hockey. I basically have to forget about the games I've watch the night before and play a completely different style. The disconnect between EA's vision of hockey versus the real sport along with the community is astounding.

I just want this tuner to come out already while I still have an ounce of interest in it so I can figure out whether or not I want to give EA another $65 next season.

Leave it to EA to take the beautiful sport of hockey and make it play like a circus arcade game
  • The survey was alright I guess but we should have been given the ability to free write why we chose the answers we did. There is so much more I want to say than, "I sort of (dis)agree with this statement"
  • The tuner will ONLY be available 7 days!? Why. Just give us the game we paid for. The game in beta. Stop trying to appease everyone, because you appease no one in the end
  • Don4593 wrote: »
    The tuner will ONLY be available 7 days!? Why. Just give us the game we paid for. The game in beta. Stop trying to appease everyone, because you appease no one in the end

We will get another tuner after that based on reactions and another survey. I guess it will be an hybrid.
  • I am have major controller lag issues online. It’s not my network or controller. It’s on and off and it makes the game unbearable. Playing with it is like beating my self with a stick 100 times because the players are not doing what I’m telling them to do right away. I’ve spent money on this game sadly and am deeply regretting now, as I pretty much always do. Only reason I buy it every year is because it’s the only NHL game, what else am I supposed to get.
  • Don4593 wrote: »
    The tuner will ONLY be available 7 days!? Why. Just give us the game we paid for. The game in beta. Stop trying to appease everyone, because you appease no one in the end

7 days is perfect.

The changes made since beta are now being reverted. These were very good changes that much of this community seems to overlook in favour of the current “beta was better” narrative.

I’m glad we only get 7 days of the game taking two steps back while the “beta is better” crowd gets to realize that the beta wasn’t actually that different from final.

The skill gap will still exist and the top players are still going to continue emploring the tactics required to be in elite.

I am of the belief that if you’re not defending aginst all of these high percentage scoring areas all game long, you’re just not playing elite competition.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    The survey was alright I guess but we should have been given the ability to free write why we chose the answers we did. There is so much more I want to say than, "I sort of (dis)agree with this statement"

You do realize you just posted in a free form channel to say you wish you had the ability to ‘free write’, don’t you?

We already have tons of free form
    feedback and we will continue to get as much as people are willing to share with us on all forms of social media.

We also need to do surveys where we can compare some things in a bit more of a structured format to get some high level snap shots. Neither will be used exclusively or in isolation to one another.

After announcing our plan and the feedback that followed, I personally have enough info from many of you to be able to write personal bios on the type of hockey game you like to play :)

What we don’t have yet is all of your perspectives on the Beta tuning in your current state of mind at yours and your opponents current experience level/current position within the competitive ranks. That will be the next step after we get a big enough sample size from the current survey.

Thanks for taking the time thus far to give feedback and participate in the surveys.
  • The Survey was somewhat useless.

Particularly for EASHL. For example it asks what do we think of the AI defensively on opponents. Well it’s never constant EA. The AI will be much better defensively if my competitive rating is much higher than my opponents. The same can be said for the speed and “sluggish” skating. How can I say if the skating or any other attribute slider is where it should be if the game constantly adjust our attributes prior to puck drop based on competitive ratings?

EA why not stop giving the “Wayne Gretzky’s” of the game dull skates so that the noobs and casual players have a turn to win.

At the HEART of every SPORT is a fair and even playing field. When you tilt the field you take the away the PASSION for the game. The wins feel handed out instead of earned and the losses feel unfair.

EA seems to think this game should have aspects of call of duty designed into and have forgotten THIS GAME IS A SPORT.

I’m guessing EA will take the averages of the inaccuracies of survey an adjust the sliders accordingly.

IF EA really wants a good game make it open source for 2 years.

on a final note I’m tired of doing EA’s beta testing for a game I bought 4 months ago. #EAGUINEAPIG
  • done.. i am one of the rare to be not sure if i like or not skating.. ( most dislike)..

but i am happy they ask about player switching.. its a problem i rage every year about.. a lot of time if i am not able to change of player ( or get the good player) and its result in a goal.. its really frustrating.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    done.. i am one of the rare to be not sure if i like or not skating.. ( most dislike)..

but i am happy they ask about player switching.. its a problem i rage every year about.. a lot of time if i am not able to change of player ( or get the good player) and its result in a goal.. its really frustrating.
    Have you used the manual switch feature this year?
  • Welp, gonna jump back on the saddle boys. I'm kinda rusty after an almost 2 month hiatus. Gonna be streaming some Drop-ins and ONES on my twitch channel tonight and get re-acquainted with this game... Tentative start time is gonna be 5PM Eastern.

I want to be able to feel the changes when they hit, so I'll have to have some fresh experiences in game. I may have stopped enjoying the game, but I always wanna be fair to the dev team and give them honest feedback if I can.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Welp, gonna jump back on the saddle boys. I'm kinda rusty after an almost 2 month hiatus. Gonna be streaming some Drop-ins and ONES on my twitch channel tonight and get re-acquainted with this game... Tentative start time is gonna be 5PM Eastern.

I want to be able to feel the changes when they hit, so I'll have to have some fresh experiences in game. I may have stopped enjoying the game, but I always wanna be fair to the dev team and give them honest feedback if I can.

Welcome back.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Welp, gonna jump back on the saddle boys. I'm kinda rusty after an almost 2 month hiatus. Gonna be streaming some Drop-ins and ONES on my twitch channel tonight and get re-acquainted with this game... Tentative start time is gonna be 5PM Eastern.

Welcome back.

Might be short lived... LOL! No but seriously, I don't know what's going on, but I was losing my connection to my stream every so often. I don't think it's my connection because I never lost my internet, so it must have been twitch of the streaming software that's having issues. I'll try again later...

But it's not off to a good start. It's all coming back to me now; why I uninstalled this game like so many others I know.

Ben said the game was tweaked with "elites" complaints about randomness in mind? This game is 100% random... Nothing makes sense. Pucks magically go through you while standing there. Forwards out of position reach 5 feet ahead of them to coral loose pucks, however. Goalies just stand around with a loose puck at their feet or they go down in butterfly when they want to come out and play the puck.

*Sigh*... I'm gonna plug through it though. I wanna be prepared for when the rollback hits.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    done.. i am one of the rare to be not sure if i like or not skating.. ( most dislike)..

Have you used the manual switch feature this year?

I have, and unless I'm switching straight down and there's only one man back, I rarely get the player I expect. Can y'all add an indicator to show which player you're about to select on a manual switch?

If I want a guy bottom left I frequently end up with the guy top left if they are not too far apart. An indicator would be great to let me know I need to roll the stick down a bit more.
  • Why do we need a manual switch when the player switching before this gen was fine? Why over-engineer a simple feature that worked fine years ago?
  • ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Why do we need a manual switch when the player switching before this gen was fine? Why over-engineer a simple feature that worked fine years ago?

Like the hip check
  • Player switching for NHL 19 has been amazing. I use the manual switching when dumping the puck in hard and I need to control my other winger.

It's also great for last man back.