EA Forums - Banner

hut fixes

1. you have contract packs so take contracts out of reg. packs
2. bronze players in bronze packs, silver in silverand gold in gold
3. loaner cards poor idea
4. work with mut creaters they are doing much better job
5. be more rewarding with the coins on the daylies
6. put player in level packs not a bunch of items that mostly will not be used
7. go back the way is was 3 or 4 years ago when it was actually FUN AND WORTH PLAYING!!!

Replies

• 1) Agree, but instead of a contract you’d probably just get a common silver or bronze player instead.

2) Agreed. Nothing worse than opening a gold pack and getting silver all over the place.

3) Great idea, especially since they loaner sets just updated.

5) Having updated from 16 to 19, the rewards are incredible. The free packs suck but the monthly collectible system is great.

6) Packs overall could be better.

7) 3-4 years ago was 15’ and 16’. NHL 15 was such an incredibly stripped down game having been the first for Xbox One. NHL 16 wasn’t much different in terms of HUT. Not spending money meant grinding games to get a regular gold pack and hoping to get lucky. NHL 19 is leagues better in terms of reward, but mildly worse in terms of gameplay.
  • 1) yes, 100%!!

2) yes, packs are broken in general and need to actually have items that they advertise. not a probability. an EVO2 pack should have an EVO2 item. PERIOD!!!

3) not so sure. since they have added the sets (bad rewards, but whatever) i'm coming around on them. i enjoy completing Milestones and though i didn't really play any of them the sets make it worth the effort.

4) i cant really comment since i've never played Madden. i got EA Access for xmas so i might try it this year. i did once have a FUT 15 app for my tablet and enjoyed that.

5) yes, like with #2 rewards need an overhaul and it seemed to take a couple of months to even get daily challenges.

6) this seems to be a repeat of 2 but if not i might not agree. i like that there are 2 types of Gold, Silver and Bronze packs. 1 is a player only pack (and yes, player should match the level of pack purchased. Gold = Gold, ect.) and a 2nd is a mix but again, items need to match the level!!!!

7) like with the Madden reference i can't comment here. i've only been back to gaming since NHL18.

and i'll add an 8th regarding the Challenges. there needs to be a Master Set Challenge going on at all times, not just holidays and special events. EA really blew it with the EVO2 event, Xmas is the blueprint i'd use for every Event. it creates action on Packs (but again, see #2) and gives those that don't want to buy Packs a chance to grind a decent player.

and finally, 9) All Player Cards should be upgradable using a customization and/or collectable system like the Legend sets adding the ability to just upgrade a skill rating like shooting or faceoffs.
  • nate68978263
    25 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    1) yes, 100%!!

and finally, 9) All Player Cards should be upgradable using a customization and/or collectable system like the Legend sets adding the ability to just upgrade a skill rating like shooting or faceoffs.

I agree with this entirely. And wow, what an incredible idea. HUT is supposedly about building the Hockey Ultimate Team, but once you’re playing skilled competition, more than 95% of the cards are unviable. As a result, highly competitive teams are so damn predictable and stacked with the same players in their lineups. Such an idea would allow for optional investment in your own players.

For example, allow three upgrade tiers for players that increases the overall by 3 if they’re bronze, 2 if they’re silver, 1 if they’re gold. Use collectibles as the requirement. Make them untradable if they are upgraded. This would actually give real value to the collectibles.

You could do this for TOTW, Primetime, and Milestone cards as well with different requirements.

Post edited by nate68978263 on
  • 1) yes, 100%!!

I agree with this entirely. And wow, what an incredible idea. HUT is supposedly about building the Hockey Ultimate Team, but once you’re playing skilled competition, more than 95% of the cards are unviable. As a result, highly competitive teams are so damn predictable and stacked with the same players in their lineups. Such an idea would allow for optional investment in your own players.

For example, allow three upgrade tiers for players that increases the overall by 3 if they’re bronze, 2 if they’re silver, 1 if they’re gold. Use collectibles as the requirement. Make them untradable if they are upgraded. This would actually give real value to the collectibles.

You could do this for TOTW, Primetime, and Milestone cards as well with different requirements.

yeah, this is the most surprising omission in my opinion. i'm sure it was part of that FUT 15 app i mentioned above.

• maddens mut they start power up players out at 68 and depending on the player u can build them up to mid 90's for top teir players
  • Fix the gold rare reroll, if I reroll 2 83OVR cards I should not get an 81OVR card, or a duplicate of 1 I already have. That stuff makes people :#:# at the game.
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    Fix the gold rare reroll, if I reroll 2 83OVR cards I should not get an 81OVR card, or a duplicate of 1 I already have. That stuff makes people :#:# at the game.

And rerolls should not be No Trade!
    HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage
  • Silver rare trade-ins should yield a tradeable non-rare gold like the HUT Deep Dive article on their website states, not an untradeable card..
  • Also, HUT seems to be a couple of years behind MUT. I personally have confidence in the Madden developers overall because they don't make grammatical errors in their announcements. If you can't get something simple like grammar right.......
  • Also, when MUT calls their challenges daily challenges, they are truly daily. They release a new challenge on Saturday and Sunday and holidays too.
  • There is too much legends and every team looks the same. It should be that if you get top 10 in seasons you can get that legend. And monthly collectible should give 1 of 3 choice and you choose which one you want. Like that not every team will look almost the same.

Sorry for my bad english xD
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    Fix the gold rare reroll, if I reroll 2 83OVR cards I should not get an 81OVR card, or a duplicate of 1 I already have. That stuff makes people :#:# at the game.

And rerolls should not be No Trade!

since there is the Sakic Milestone card, i don't mind that the rerolls are No Trade.
  • Silver rare trade-ins should yield a tradeable non-rare gold like the HUT Deep Dive article on their website states, not an untradeable card..

When the game first came out, they were tradeable. At some point (early October???) they changed it to untradeable. Anything you get from completing a set ought to be tradeable. I wish more of stuff you get from completing challenges were tradeable as well. I never needed that TG Morgan Reilly, I ought to be able to sell it.
  • I know they changed it but they advertised the game on the fact that they would be tradeable.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    I know they changed it but they advertised the game on the fact that they would be tradeable.

Where did it advertise it? Im 100% sure they did not, Please show one example.