EA Forums - Banner

Off the glass

Ea, you gotta do a better job of giving us the option of the off the glass clear. The CPU does it frequently but a Human really doesn’t have the option. You gotta tie it to the R1 Flick up much better. Use discipline as a stat but it’s something so simple but such a big weapon when you’re being forchecked.

Replies

• What also could be great is using the boards to get the puck down deep while still in motion. One of the things you learn at a young age playing hockey is using the boards to get a round dmen and go after the puck. You see these things happen many times a in real nhl game.
  • I really wish we could do that and also dump the puck on a slap shot and it either goes around the glass or the boards. I also wish we could dump the puck on a slap shot and it go higher than the boards.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    638 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I really wish we could do that and also dump the puck on a slap shot and it either goes around the glass or the boards. I also wish we could dump the puck on a slap shot and it go higher than the boards.

I’ve asked for that before. A hard snap pass from a dman to a forward at the red line to redirect it into the zone for a dump or a change.
  • I absolutely agree. You should be able to redirect a pass into the offensive zone when a defensive player is chartering at you.
  • I think there should be a risk/reward element to playing the puck off of the glass I only use it when I'm rough up against the boards and there should be no way it goes out of play. Unfortunately though sometimes for unknown reasons my guy witll change his body position and it leads to a penalty. So there's some work to do on that front.

I think EA needs to do more with board battles and multi man scrums for the puck. The way it is now doesn't really have the element of battling for the puck, you essentially get pinned into the boards and have to pray that you retain possession of the puck. I would much rather have to muck for the puck, at least that would be interactive unlike what EA has now.
  • Agreed with board play.
    I’ve gotten more than a couple of penalties because of hitting Y when the opposing player hasn’t quite attained possession and it goes into the board pin animation without any good way to cancel out. Yesterday’s couple of games I got in we’re bettrer but only because stick lift became more of a tool again.

That said, few things are more embarrassing than chucking the puck over the boards accidentally. Sometimes your flustered, others you left shaking your head.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • jiajji
    334 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I really wish we could do that and also dump the puck on a slap shot and it either goes around the glass or the boards. I also wish we could dump the puck on a slap shot and it go higher than the boards.

R stick back to take a slap shot then R1 for slap pass. That will send it hard enough to make it around the boards.

• jiajji wrote: »

R stick back to take a slap shot then R1 for slap pass. That will send it hard enough to make it around the boards.

I think most people know about the slap pass. However, what we’re asking for is having the ability to redirect a pass into offensive zone.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »

I think most people know about the slap pass. However, what we’re asking for is having the ability to redirect a pass into offensive zone.

Absolutely it would be game changing, hint hint
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »

?

He asked for the ability to slap shot around the boards
  • I have noticed that you CAN slap shot the puck around the boards as long as they are NOT entering the zone first but rather "dumping" the puck before the blue line. However, if the player enters the zone and attempts to dump the puck it becomes more as a "shot" on goal
  • I always use a hard pass but it's a poor substitute
  • jiajji wrote: »
    I always use a hard pass but it's a poor substitute

I agree it is a bad substitute. I wish there was a better way to clear the puck. The problem I have trying to pass the puck out of the zone (before I recently edited the sliders) was that the computer would always stop the puck from leaving the zone no matter how far they were from the boards. With the new settings I am using I am not having as many issues with that.