EA Forums - Banner

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD

Replies

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Well some more impressions I had tonight while playing EASHL 3's. The AI defender is just terrible now, plain and simple. Never in position, ever. Also, it seems like it's harder to stop cross creases now? The skating and invincibility bubbles feel slightly improved, hitting is pretty good. The dump and chase also seems to be more effective for our team now, although that could be something to do with the AI players being idiots.

Always gonna a have problem with AI. Hard to find that balance ...with humans involved ...and differences in play style.
    6s is playing great....for the most part...it’s all human error or success when something goes right or wrong.
  • Seems like you can still create that invibubble by tapping L2 constanly, and skate unrealisticly sideways...
    Still like ”beta” way better than 1.03.
  • Ive been running an enforcer build since the rollback ..and it’s actually a functioning build now.
    I have to play a bit reserved and responsible...but it proves this tuner is better.
    Almost scared to go to PMD or OFD.
    Gonna feel like a lambo on skates?!
  • The game is so balanced right now!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

it is sooo much better. puck movement is once again key, I love it.
  • The game is so balanced right now!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

it is sooo much better. puck movement is once again key, I love it.

Yes sir!!!!!
  • DeliveryForKiki
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's hard to read some of this stuff, and in my reading, it feels like the same small but vocal group championing this.

The tuner up until this rollback "beta" was mostly fine. Perfect? No. But I enjoyed playing competitive 6s in EASHL leagues with it. There was at least some consistency, a feeling of reward, and use of skill. Coming from the last couple iterations of the game, I thought it was a marked improvement. Even the oft griped about tactics by meta players were stoppable with skill/experience.

Playing the recent tuner update has been torturous, and what is an almost daily activity for me is something I'm dreading this week. I don't know a single person in my leagues who enjoys it. The skating is ultra clunky particularly in agility, the breath of contact is enough to lose pucks, pickups are awful, passing is inconsistent, LT cuts are abused again, poke check fear is back (and I'm cautious and savvy with it always). It's bumper car hockey; not the speed and skill of real high level hockey. I love fast passing and play creating with teammates, and anyone who says this tuner is more conducive to that is full of it or doesn't know what good passing actually is. It's a chore to even get a pass off right now.

I usually go defense (and I can honestly say I'm very good), and perhaps forward isn't quite as bad, but it's misery to play defense now. As a mobile puck mover, the game feels like it's steering me away from aggressive, instinctual play into more passiveness and physicality. Play dictating feels heavily steered towards forwards.

I don't know what I'm reading here, and it feels misleading to the developers. The initial rollback post was easy enough to see the devs didn't REALLY want to do this, and it's because they're right. 1.03 (or w/e the last one was) was a sound framework to just tinker with some things. I'm okay with less defensive speed on backchecks at times (build dependent); LT weaning; a slight upgrade on stick left abilities, particularly from behind; improved physics, whatever that means. But this is cumbersome, even for a week, and it would pain me to play my favorite game if this was long-term.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's hard to read some of this stuff, and in my reading, it feels like the same small but vocal group championing this.

The tuner up until this rollback "beta" was mostly fine. Perfect? No. But I enjoyed playing competitive 6s in EASHL leagues with it. There was at least some consistency, a feeling of reward, and use of skill. Coming from the last couple iterations of the game, I thought it was a marked improvement. Even the oft griped about tactics by meta players were stoppable with skill/experience.

Playing the recent tuner update has been torturous, and what is an almost daily activity for me is something I'm dreading this week. I don't know a single person in my leagues who enjoys it. The skating is ultra clunky particularly in agility, the breath of contact is enough to lose pucks, pickups are awful, passing is inconsistent, LT cuts are abused again, poke check fear is back (and I'm cautious and savvy with it always). It's bumper car hockey; not the speed and skill of real high level hockey. I love fast passing and play creating with teammates, and anyone who says this tuner is more conducive to that is full of it or doesn't know what good passing actually is. It's a chore to even get a pass off right now.

I usually go defense (and I can honestly say I'm very good), and perhaps forward isn't quite as bad, but it's misery to play defense now. As a mobile puck mover, the game feels like it's steering me away from aggressive, instinctual play into more passiveness and physicality. Play dictating feels heavily steered towards forwards.

I don't know what I'm reading here, and it feels misleading to the developers. The initial rollback post was easy enough to see the devs didn't REALLY want to do this, and it's because they're right. 1.03 (or w/e the last one was) was a sound framework to just tinker with some things. I'm okay with less defensive speed on backchecks at times (build dependent); LT weaning; a slight upgrade on stick left abilities, particularly from behind; improved physics, whatever that means. But this is cumbersome, even for a week, and it would pain me to play my favorite game if this was long-term.
    Because league elite ego warriors....wanna score soooooooooooo many goals!!!!
    Current tuner is lightyears ahead...of the mommy holding your hand:..:dance dance score ....Timmy score Timmy.

You’re saying this tuner makes you play more timid D....and in the same breath...say “the breath of contact is enough to lose pucks, ”.....Cmon man!!!
  • It's hard to read some of this stuff, and in my reading, it feels like the same small but vocal group championing this.

Current tuner is lightyears ahead...of the mommy holding your hand:..:dance dance score ....Timmy score Timmy.

You’re saying this tuner makes you play more timid D....and in the same breath...say “the breath of contact is enough to lose pucks, ”.....Cmon man!!!

Well said Mr Fish couldn't agree with you more ,with this tuner you don't see the LT bruh's skating around in circles
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited January 2019

Well said Mr Fish couldn't agree with you more ,with this tuner you don't see the LT bruh's skating around in circles

Ya buddy..... truth be told!!!
    So much contradiction in that guys post.

It just comes off as a frustrated cry...without any logic.

P.s. pass the puck
    Post edited by HandsomeCatf1sh on
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited January 2019

The skating in 1.03 is better than this tuner? That I find hard to believe. 1.03 has the worst skating by FAR.

I played a handful of more games today so I have mixed feelings about this tuner. It doesn't resemble the beta even close. The patches especially from October are still alive and well. The skating is the same. There's no change with the acceleration/speed unfortunately. Defenders can still catch up to you no matter how ahead you are because everyone is going 0-60 in a couple seconds. It does feel like the players have more agility or they respond better to the direction I point them to. Puck ragging is tougher to do now that hitting is better.

The shortside goals still work especially from the low slot. You don't even need to use the skill stick to pull it off. Just skate across and once goalie shifts positions you have a window to do it. It's annoying that EA still can't fix this. They definitely beefed up the pokechecks but it doesn't feel the same as it did in beta. One timers seem to finally work again. They were a useless way to score in 1.03.

If the devs claim this tuner is a copycat of the beta, I'll say he's lying.. However, what we have is MUCH better than what 1.03 was. I'm not sure if saying that is a compliment considering how many things they've screwed up in 1.03. It played way too much like nhl 18. Really confused why it took EA so long to change it. Never met anybody that liked 1.03.

NHL 19 from day one was still the best version of hockey I've played from EA. Then, tuner after tuner, patch after patch they took this game back five steps and now with this tuner, it went up a couple steps. I stand by what I've said before. We are currently playing a 25% copy of what the beta was like thanks to the patches. I still feel ripped off how they drastically changed the gameplay. I wouldn't have paid the $65 price tag for this tuner if this is the final version EA releases.
    Post edited by ExSnake01 on
  • I think the thing with skating some are mentioning is that it’s a bit harder to get those quick crossovers going. Personally, they were engaging(the quick crossovers) a bit early with 1.3 which gave a boost to top end speed. I still would take a little acceleration bump in the 0-20ft range, but feel the top end is pretty much fine.

When people complain about getting caught it makes me wonder if they are playing that Hail Mary ‘style’ which has tap danced on my last nerve so long I’d almost rather loose the game than make it.

Btw: anyone have any recent Lg games? Haven’t looked too hard but after that video posted earlier in the thread, combined with what I’ve been reading here is making me rapidly loose respect for those leagues. As in, was it there feedback which led us into the dumpster fire which was 1.03?

I’m happy to be wrong here, which is why I’m asking for a link if anyone knows of some..but again from what I’ve read and the videos seen so far when it comes to those guys I’m pretty /face palm presently.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • This tuner is much more fun to play than 1.03 and improved hitting has made a big difference for the better. Broken sticks are only thing that needs to be removed. I would take this anyday instead of 1.03 even though it isn't perfect.
  • repetius
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    EASHL is leaps and bounds better than 1.03. Skating, passing, hitting alla much better. Overall alot smoother and organic gameplay.

Only broken/dropping sticks need to go and slight nerf to sticklift, but don't make it unusable like in 1.03
    Post edited by repetius on

Btw: anyone have any recent Lg games? Haven’t looked too hard but after that video posted earlier in the thread, combined with what I’ve been reading here is making me rapidly loose respect for those leagues. As in, was it there feedback which led us into the dumpster fire which was 1.03?

This is my biggest fear.....that these leagues have to much pull that this is just for show.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.
  • Kriptical476
    377 posts Member
    edited January 2019

This is my biggest fear.....that these leagues have to much pull that this is just for show.

That would be heartbreaking, the just for show part. I still haven’t seen any videos which would make me feel better. Maybe they are out there..

As for stick lifts:

I’m also a hard no as to any alterations to the present incarnation of stick lift. And I say this as a winger

-deal with the flack the defenders giving you, it’s more realistic. Guarding the puck and good puck placement help offset this. It’s fine. Get better.

-find open ice when you don’t have the puck. Think ahead.

-pass the puck. Pass the puck with purpose. Forget about hucking it to some tool camped on the opposing blue line. Hail Marys are for football.

-Run breakouts. There are many.

• It's hard to read some of this stuff, and in my reading, it feels like the same small but vocal group championing this.

1.03 was definitely a better framework, and I'm finding the same agreement with people I play with. "Garbage" is the word of the week, you're not alone.

The inconsistency in the current tuner is keeping people competitive though, I guess, so they're enjoying it.
  • jiajji wrote: »

1.03 was definitely a better framework, and I'm finding the same agreement with people I play with. "Garbage" is the word of the week, you're not alone.

The inconsistency in the current tuner is keeping people competitive though, I guess, so they're enjoying it.

My experience is exact opposite. This is much more consistent what comes to skating, passing and hitting. You know, the fundamental stuff. This tuner is good for creative team plays.
  • I can imagine there a ton of cursing if you enjoyed 1.03. That garbage doesn’t work as well anymore. That trash offended my 20some years of ice time anyway. I can honestly say anytime my pockets be picked it’s been deserved. My only wish is to be able to pass a little quicker but that’s likely my little Dino brain adjusting still..

I sure as hell hope not, this has been great. Can’t think of the last time I had this much fun playing a game.
  • This is not the beta tuner by all means. The 1.03 was way better. The movement was better i can actually move and creat plays. This right here is horrible cant turn to make plays, on breakaways you loose puck from getting bumped by massive d guys that have no business catching up. Yes ive ran into the cheesers (having high cr i play them all the time and lose 5 out of 6 games) there has to be another way to fix that.that's. i am a puck moving setting up guy but this right here is not good at all. Getting sneezed on and loosing the puck holy stick lifts no picking up pucks... This is not fun...so to the people who are saying this is a big improvement please let me play with your game cuz maybe mine is broken...