EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD

Replies

  • This is not the beta tuner by all means. The 1.03 was way better. The movement was better i can actually move and creat plays. This right here is horrible cant turn to make plays, on breakaways you loose puck from getting bumped by massive d guys that have no business catching up. Yes ive ran into the cheesers (having high cr i play them all the time and lose 5 out of 6 games) there has to be another way to fix that.that's. i am a puck moving setting up guy but this right here is not good at all. Getting sneezed on and loosing the puck holy stick lifts no picking up pucks... This is not fun...so to the people who are saying this is a big improvement please let me play with your game cuz maybe mine is broken...

    Yours isn't broken. In my experience the popular sentiment here is the minority opinion in the eashl
  • Nuckles37
    80 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Btw: anyone have any recent Lg games? Haven’t looked too hard but after that video posted earlier in the thread, combined with what I’ve been reading here is making me rapidly loose respect for those leagues. As in, was it there feedback which led us into the dumpster fire which was 1.03?

    I’m happy to be wrong here, which is why I’m asking for a link if anyone knows of some..but again from what I’ve read and the videos seen so far when it comes to those guys I’m pretty /face palm presently.

    It seemed like most people on LG have been complaining about the game being too slow for years, even in the beta they wanted the game to be faster and for skaters to have higher top-end speed (they never asked for bigger builds to be slowed down, they wanted small guys to have better skating). They've also been pushing for more balance since the game was super defensive+goaltending heavy on the higher-end of skill level (for EASHL 6s).

    The problem is that EA is trying to make everyone happy using one tuner for multiple game modes which have very different dynamics. A game with two human skaters and AI goalies and players with high overalls is going to be different from a game with 10 human skaters and two human goalies using skaters with low-ish overalls. A lot of lower-end skill players are going to want things to be easier to do and more forgiving if mistakes are made with maybe a slower paced game so they have more time to react, higher-end skill players want a higher skill ceiling with a much faster paced game.

    One thing which could help a decent amount for EASHL is raising the attributes for all builds, as I've already stated they're giving us pretty low overalls. Skating and shooting specifically could use a decent bump and could help with people feeling sluggish/slow and help with the low scoring in 6s.
  • GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I finally got home from my work conference yesterday and was able to fire up the rollback tuner.

    I got a wide range of experiences. I played
    3 HUT games
    3 VS games
    2 Drop-in games (3s)
    4 Drop-in games (6s).

    **HUT Impressions**
    In my HUT games, I was routinely outmatched by players with better cards. My guys are all 84-87 alumni with an 84 overall goalie. I got manhandled each game, and the other side was always faster - as they should be. I'm not sure where people see slow D catching up to fast forwards. I got burned repeatedly - as it should be. I also could not bump anyone off the puck - I couldn't knock anyone down either. Meanwhile, I got wrecked repeatedly. As it should be. My players were routinely outclassed in every area, and it showed. I lost all three games by 3-5 goals, and got sniped repeatedly. But it all felt very fair - not cheap like 1.03. So the wallet warriors in HUT should have no complaints about their money being wasted.

    **VS Impressions**
    I played as the Washington Capitals. The game felt much different than HUT with more closely matched players. I actually thought hitting was going to be OP at first after I laid out some guy with Kuznetzov, but I did have a full head of steam. Kuzi didn't make any similar hits after that. Tom Wilson, Alex Ovechkin, and John Carlson made several though - all as it should be.

    Shooting felt crisp as well, as did passing. The goalies were strong but not overly strong. Hits from behind were not overly strong but they were effective - at slow speeds. I didn't notice any of the OP bumps from the real beta. It was much easier to play the angle and defend with your stick lifts and hitting. It was also easy to use the pokes, because since I knew my other tools worked, I only use the pokes when I should use them - instead of using them for everything. So even though they cause more tripping penalties for the opponents, they didn't bother me because I only use them when I should.

    The scores in the versus games were very diverse, ranging from a one-goal game, to a five-goal game, to a three goal game where my opponent quit. In that 5 goal game, four of my six goals came from a power play. Meaning even play was a lot different. Overall, this felt like the best hockey I've played - even better than the beta. I think the beta tuner combined with the new patches is perfect.

    **Drop-In**
    I played one game in goalie where I sucked and was promptly messaged that I was trash (lol). I played one game as center, and the rest I played defense. I don't have a lot to compare it to because I don't routinely play drop-in anymore. I stoped playing it after tuner 1.03 came out because I hated it so much. It was so hard to skate and I felt worthless on defense.

    Now, I had a lot of fun. Which was sorely lacking from before, and I was able to play my position and do a decent job. I got beat a couple times, which isn't surprising since I hardly ever played and am out of practice. But I felt my tools worked and I could angle people. Some people routinely tried to backskate into the zone which would have been a real problem before with the 1.03. The biggest unexpected change was how nerfed agility was when skating backwards. Guys who did this were sitting ducks for bone-crushing hits. Again, all as it should be. I played as a 6'2" defensive defenseman, and I felt like I could defend all day. I also didn't feel like I was a tank which would have made it impossible to actually skate. But, I was clearly not the most agile or fast player out there. I had to mind my gaps and make sure not to get beat, because I couldn't catch up to anybody when I got beat. Which makes sense, and that's how it should be. If I don't mess up my skating, my defensive toolset should be top of the line, and it was. But I also shouldn't feel like a giant oil tanker trying to skate with a bunch of speed boats.

    The tuner closed the enormous gaps in the skating and replaced them with realistic gaps - making playable the defensive defenseman as long as you were careful with your spacing and gap control. Overall, I had a lot of fun playing drop in, which is an enormous change for me. With a tuner like this. I'd even rejoin a 6s league.

    **General Impressions**
    This beta rollback, with current patches is, in my opinion, better than the original beta ever was. There were OP bumps from behind in the beta - there are not in the beta rollback. There were inconsistent pokes in the beta, they're not inconsistent in the beta rollback. Stick lifting is very effective, as it should be. It is much easier to lift a stick than poke check. It should be easier, and it is. Penalties in good position are highly unlikely with the stick lift now, which makes for very fun games.

    I also did intentionally test using stick lifts from bad positions. I got hooking calls every time. If you stick lift from a bad position, it will be a penalty. If you stick lift from a good position, even if you miss, it won't be a penalty. This is so much better than 1.03. It's not even close. Stick lifts are not OP. They are realistic.

    Additionally, hitting is much crisper and it just looked better. The animation seem different, you can hit people hard, soft, from behind, just bump them for stumbles, Etc. Hitting is much, much, much improved. Skating felt clunky in my first game, but I think that was a latency issue, because it didn't feel clunky again after that in any subsequent games.

    Fast, agile players felt fast and agile, and bigger slower players felt heavier as they should. Kuznetzov felt fast and shifty. Tom Wilson felt like a bear waiting to wreck someone. The only thing I would change if I could is that we wouldn't leave this tuner after 7 days. It feels like a completely different game, and I would be perfectly happy just leaving this tuner forever.

    The last thing I should point out is it even though I played a lot of games for testing, I enjoyed all of them. Even getting my head beat in during HUT. In 1.03, I would play one or two max and get sick of it and put it the game down. I happily played almost 10 games last night, lost track of time, and had to quit playing because it was almost 3 in the morning. I didn't quit because I was tired of playing. I quit because I had played too long. Such a difference from 1.03. I wish we could keep this tuner forever :'(

    The only people I can imagine hating this tuner are One-Man-Shows who believe it should take an elite D-man to stop their unrealistic garbage plays.
  • Itd be cool to hear from a developer on the subject of game mode based variety in tuners, or if they've considered working with attributes for player builds in eashl.

    It seems to me that the driving force behind this slow & sloppy gameplay are the 1v1 players with minority support from eashl players.

    I certainly don't disagree that vs/hut players should have the experience they're looking for in the game but I'm also ignorant about how multiple tuners would work. Increasing the attribute threshold sounds like a lot of work at this point in the season, but I don't really know.
  • Kriptical476
    377 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Nuckles37 wrote: »
    Btw: anyone have any recent Lg games? Haven’t looked too hard but after that video posted earlier in the thread, combined with what I’ve been reading here is making me rapidly loose respect for those leagues. As in, was it there feedback which led us into the dumpster fire which was 1.03?

    I’m happy to be wrong here, which is why I’m asking for a link if anyone knows of some..but again from what I’ve read and the videos seen so far when it comes to those guys I’m pretty /face palm presently.

    It seemed like most people on LG have been complaining about the game being too slow for years, even in the beta they wanted the game to be faster and for skaters to have higher top-end speed (they never asked for bigger builds to be slowed down, they wanted small guys to have better skating). They've also been pushing for more balance since the game was super defensive+goaltending heavy on the higher-end of skill level (for EASHL 6s).

    The problem is that EA is trying to make everyone happy using one tuner for multiple game modes which have very different dynamics. A game with two human skaters and AI goalies and players with high overalls is going to be different from a game with 10 human skaters and two human goalies using skaters with low-ish overalls. A lot of lower-end skill players are going to want things to be easier to do and more forgiving if mistakes are made with maybe a slower paced game so they have more time to react, higher-end skill players want a higher skill ceiling with a much faster paced game.

    One thing which could help a decent amount for EASHL is raising the attributes for all builds, as I've already stated they're giving us pretty low overalls. Skating and shooting specifically could use a decent bump and could help with people feeling sluggish/slow and help with the low scoring in 6s.

    After trying to larger builds I will agree they could use a bit of an agility and acceleration boost. Also, usually, the bigger you are the faster you go, with the trade off being acceleration takes a hit. This should be the way it is, just give those bigger guys a little more. Smaller builds feel pretty good atm.

    Attribute boosts sound like a positive step. Can’t see a situation where it would be a good idea to turn that down presently.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Nuckles37 wrote: »
    Btw: anyone have any recent Lg games? Haven’t looked too hard but after that video posted earlier in the thread, combined with what I’ve been reading here is making me rapidly loose respect for those leagues. As in, was it there feedback which led us into the dumpster fire which was 1.03?

    I’m happy to be wrong here, which is why I’m asking for a link if anyone knows of some..but again from what I’ve read and the videos seen so far when it comes to those guys I’m pretty /face palm presently.

    It seemed like most people on LG have been complaining about the game being too slow for years, even in the beta they wanted the game to be faster and for skaters to have higher top-end speed (they never asked for bigger builds to be slowed down, they wanted small guys to have better skating). They've also been pushing for more balance since the game was super defensive+goaltending heavy on the higher-end of skill level (for EASHL 6s).

    The problem is that EA is trying to make everyone happy using one tuner for multiple game modes which have very different dynamics. A game with two human skaters and AI goalies and players with high overalls is going to be different from a game with 10 human skaters and two human goalies using skaters with low-ish overalls. A lot of lower-end skill players are going to want things to be easier to do and more forgiving if mistakes are made with maybe a slower paced game so they have more time to react, higher-end skill players want a higher skill ceiling with a much faster paced game.

    One thing which could help a decent amount for EASHL is raising the attributes for all builds, as I've already stated they're giving us pretty low overalls. Skating and shooting specifically could use a decent bump and could help with people feeling sluggish/slow and help with the low scoring in 6s.

    After trying to larger builds I will agree they could use a bit of an agility and acceleration boost. Also, usually, the bigger you are the faster you go, with the trade off being acceleration takes a hit. This should be the way it is, just give those bigger guys a little more. Smaller builds feel pretty good atm.

    Attribute boosts sound like a positive step. Can’t see a situation where it would be a good idea to turn that down presently.

    Ps: it’s the recent longish pieces from those who claimed to be representative of the lg community and espoused the ‘virtues,’ of 1.03. Including attempting to reinforce the idea that poke check being a black and white, skill gap creating, as in successful or penalty, tool..absolutely blew me away. In no universe is that how hockey is played. And I say this from a place of being fortunate to spend 20yrs on the ice. Not counting occasional old man shinny these days. Everything I say comes from a place of wanting a better representation of the sport. Not whether I’m winning or loosing
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Amazing how players can skate while holding their stick straight out and maintain speed as the players skating with the puck. How many times a person can skate through a hockey stick without it effecting it but players will drop like a sack of hammers from a stick that barely makes contact with them great job
  • NHLDev
    1370 posts EA NHL Developer
    jiajji wrote: »
    Itd be cool to hear from a developer on the subject of game mode based variety in tuners, or if they've considered working with attributes for player builds in eashl.

    It seems to me that the driving force behind this slow & sloppy gameplay are the 1v1 players with minority support from eashl players.

    I certainly don't disagree that vs/hut players should have the experience they're looking for in the game but I'm also ignorant about how multiple tuners would work. Increasing the attribute threshold sounds like a lot of work at this point in the season, but I don't really know.

    Overall, we tune the base game around the base roster attributes in versus/franchise.

    We make gamestyle specific adjustments based on how arcade/sim we want the experience to be and the period time. The mechanics and how the base logic is designed is all ensuring we have the variables to try and replicate what we see from the real world sport and the we can tune each to be more or less forgiving based on game style.

    For EASHL, we use the set game style of competitive as we want the game to be more simulation in that mode but still use 4 minute periods. That is why overall pieces are more forgiving than Full Sim or something tuned for longer periods.

    Since competitive game style is tuned with all that in mind and for the full range of attributes in our base rosters when it comes to the unique mechanics, we can take into account what we want the strength and weaknesses of each class to be and this year how things can be modified with traits, specialities and adjusting height and weight.

    EASHL in it’s current design isn’t meant to replicate superstar players that are skilled in every area for the main point of players making choices about where they want to specialize either to maximize where they are strong or to make up for where they are weak in their own twitch gameplay and the style they want to play. Players decide on pros and cons as they make those choices. That also doesn’t mean these are just weak rated players though as some claim. In the areas where they are strong, they can have very high attributes. It is just in the areas where they are weak, they can have low attributes. This makes the strengths and weaknesses across the builds more obvious and makes the choices more important.

    So with that, taking the OVR into account the same way you would for VS/HUT/Franchise isn’t necessarily the same. I would even argue in those modes, the OVR doesn’t matter as it’s just a pre decided way to try and give one number to a collection of skills. It is much more important to focus on the strengths and weaknesses in the details. Having a low deking rating may lower your overall rating but if you are a pass first player and/or score all your goals on one timers, that attribute doesn’t matter.

    But to bring it back, we can take feedback on eashl player class tuning as isolated to feedback around general game style tuning. It actually gives us more control to do it that way as you want the mechanic to always have tons of range in the impact attributes can have for more player separation and you can then utilize that full range as you differentiate players.
  • Amazing how players can skate while holding their stick straight out and maintain speed as the players skating with the puck. How many times a person can skate through a hockey stick without it effecting it but players will drop like a sack of hammers from a stick that barely makes contact with them great job
    I would love to hear a Devs take on how a player can hold his stick out and not lose any speed or skating around reading for a check and also not lose any speed
  • Amazing how players can skate while holding their stick straight out and maintain speed as the players skating with the puck. How many times a person can skate through a hockey stick without it effecting it but players will drop like a sack of hammers from a stick that barely makes contact with them great job
    I would love to hear a Devs take on how a player can hold his stick out and not lose any speed or skating around reading for a check and also not lose any speed

    They do lose speed (as they stop striding). The problem from holding your stick out was that you couldn't be poked, and with tuner 1.03 you couldn't be hit if you turned your body a certain way. It's easy to hit these guys in the rollback though
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    Itd be cool to hear from a developer on the subject of game mode based variety in tuners, or if they've considered working with attributes for player builds in eashl.

    It seems to me that the driving force behind this slow & sloppy gameplay are the 1v1 players with minority support from eashl players.

    I certainly don't disagree that vs/hut players should have the experience they're looking for in the game but I'm also ignorant about how multiple tuners would work. Increasing the attribute threshold sounds like a lot of work at this point in the season, but I don't really know.

    Overall, we tune the base game around the base roster attributes in versus/franchise.

    We make gamestyle specific adjustments based on how arcade/sim we want the experience to be and the period time. The mechanics and how the base logic is designed is all ensuring we have the variables to try and replicate what we see from the real world sport and the we can tune each to be more or less forgiving based on game style.

    For EASHL, we use the set game style of competitive as we want the game to be more simulation in that mode but still use 4 minute periods. That is why overall pieces are more forgiving than Full Sim or something tuned for longer periods.

    Since competitive game style is tuned with all that in mind and for the full range of attributes in our base rosters when it comes to the unique mechanics, we can take into account what we want the strength and weaknesses of each class to be and this year how things can be modified with traits, specialities and adjusting height and weight.

    EASHL in it’s current design isn’t meant to replicate superstar players that are skilled in every area for the main point of players making choices about where they want to specialize either to maximize where they are strong or to make up for where they are weak in their own twitch gameplay and the style they want to play. Players decide on pros and cons as they make those choices. That also doesn’t mean these are just weak rated players though as some claim. In the areas where they are strong, they can have very high attributes. It is just in the areas where they are weak, they can have low attributes. This makes the strengths and weaknesses across the builds more obvious and makes the choices more important.

    So with that, taking the OVR into account the same way you would for VS/HUT/Franchise isn’t necessarily the same. I would even argue in those modes, the OVR doesn’t matter as it’s just a pre decided way to try and give one number to a collection of skills. It is much more important to focus on the strengths and weaknesses in the details. Having a low deking rating may lower your overall rating but if you are a pass first player and/or score all your goals on one timers, that attribute doesn’t matter.

    But to bring it back, we can take feedback on eashl player class tuning as isolated to feedback around general game style tuning. It actually gives us more control to do it that way as you want the mechanic to always have tons of range in the impact attributes can have for more player separation and you can then utilize that full range as you differentiate players.

    Very cool. So we can/should give you feedback about EASHL/Builds if we have some, since you guys can tweak some things in that mode or in those builds without affecting other modes ? Am I getting this right ?
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    Itd be cool to hear from a developer on the subject of game mode based variety in tuners, or if they've considered working with attributes for player builds in eashl.

    It seems to me that the driving force behind this slow & sloppy gameplay are the 1v1 players with minority support from eashl players.

    I certainly don't disagree that vs/hut players should have the experience they're looking for in the game but I'm also ignorant about how multiple tuners would work. Increasing the attribute threshold sounds like a lot of work at this point in the season, but I don't really know.

    Overall, we tune the base game around the base roster attributes in versus/franchise.

    We make gamestyle specific adjustments based on how arcade/sim we want the experience to be and the period time. The mechanics and how the base logic is designed is all ensuring we have the variables to try and replicate what we see from the real world sport and the we can tune each to be more or less forgiving based on game style.

    For EASHL, we use the set game style of competitive as we want the game to be more simulation in that mode but still use 4 minute periods. That is why overall pieces are more forgiving than Full Sim or something tuned for longer periods.

    Since competitive game style is tuned with all that in mind and for the full range of attributes in our base rosters when it comes to the unique mechanics, we can take into account what we want the strength and weaknesses of each class to be and this year how things can be modified with traits, specialities and adjusting height and weight.

    EASHL in it’s current design isn’t meant to replicate superstar players that are skilled in every area for the main point of players making choices about where they want to specialize either to maximize where they are strong or to make up for where they are weak in their own twitch gameplay and the style they want to play. Players decide on pros and cons as they make those choices. That also doesn’t mean these are just weak rated players though as some claim. In the areas where they are strong, they can have very high attributes. It is just in the areas where they are weak, they can have low attributes. This makes the strengths and weaknesses across the builds more obvious and makes the choices more important.

    So with that, taking the OVR into account the same way you would for VS/HUT/Franchise isn’t necessarily the same. I would even argue in those modes, the OVR doesn’t matter as it’s just a pre decided way to try and give one number to a collection of skills. It is much more important to focus on the strengths and weaknesses in the details. Having a low deking rating may lower your overall rating but if you are a pass first player and/or score all your goals on one timers, that attribute doesn’t matter.

    But to bring it back, we can take feedback on eashl player class tuning as isolated to feedback around general game style tuning. It actually gives us more control to do it that way as you want the mechanic to always have tons of range in the impact attributes can have for more player separation and you can then utilize that full range as you differentiate players.

    @WainGretSki you had a great post about builds which is lost in one of these threads. It was well thought out and a good place to launch some discussions from.

    Personally, holding this tuner and working on builds to balance 6v6 sounds about as close to optimal as we could get in this sort of thing.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • VeNOM2099
    2759 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    After a few games with the rollback tuners, I can't say I'm very surprised at the results. Mostly the differences between 1.03 and 1.00 are very subtle as the larger more meaningful changes came with the patches since the BETA.

    The only main difference I noted where with the DSS which seems a little slower and less... I want to say effective? As in it doesn't nearly knock the puck as loose as it did before the rollback, while still slightly disrupting the play.

    I played a bunch of VS. , ONES and Drop-in (6s as a Defensive Defenseman and Goalie) games before and after the rollback.

    If anything the same issues remain that I've been wanting to see fixed for a long time:
    • There's too much rotation when skating. I think that's one of the major points people refer to when they say that the game feels "sluggish" to them. It's because moving around requires you to always rotate on an axis which takes SO much time. Hockey players don't always need to spin around like a top when they skate to do things like stop and go or move in a different direction. It's also one of the things that tends to break the physics engine when in possession of the puck as rotating AWAY from the angle of a potential hit seems to negate hits very effectively. It's even worse that players also use the boards as a trampoline to curl into to absorb a hit, then bounce away in the other direction without any penalties to skating or puck control. Annoying to say the least...
    • Holding RT to charge a pass almost indefinitely, needs to see a penalty to (at the very least) accuracy, if not power as well. Maybe the issue is that you need to CHARGE too long to get a hard pass in the first place. Slightly shortening the charge time, while setting a penalty for overcharging (for a lack of a better term) might entice players to hold on to the puck less and cycle it around to teammates. Same with shooting where your teammate can hold RS up the entire time and still connect with the puck, resulting in very powerful, very accurate shot. Or the dreaded "insta-shot" where the puck suddenly deflects right onto a player's stick holding up and he gets an instant shot without even settling or cradling the puck first.
    • The AI is mostly dumb. Both on offense and on defense. How many times have I seen two forwards going up the ice on a potential odd-man rush, then when I pass to the winger near the boards, he stops and turns to skate towards the center, ignoring the pass and causing a turnover? Or a d-man watching the open man in the slot while I try to coral the puck handler circling in the corner, only to see the AI defenseman suddenly come towards me, leaving the slot open for an easy one timer goal? I don't want them to necessarily do everything for me, but geez-louise, stay in friggin' position, will ya??
    • Goalies haven't had much changes to them since NHL 17. So the same issues I had with them before still stand. Namely they need to have a slightly larger effective save range when they're in position (IE, not sitting in the middle of their net at the goal line). Larger goalies need a slightly larger penalty on things like SPEED and AGILITY, while smaller goalies already have a penalty on things like reach and puck control. There needs to be more differentiation between goalie types, other than just attributes, like different save animations or at least the percentage they're used by each type, like Butterfly goalie should make a higher percentage of butterfly saves than athletic saves, while making standup saves extremely rare. Post to post movement needs to be a lot faster. The blending into and out of post hug/VH is better after one of the recent patches, but it's still prone to leave you stuck to the post on a quick play from behind the net, and often your goalie is stuck to just one half (the side of the net he's hugging) when he attempts a save leaving the entire opposite side open to an easy goal.

    That's it for what I noticed. I did stream all my matches last night. Probably going to do the same tonight. All in all, it's slightly better, but not much. Maybe because I haven't played the game in 2 months since starting again this past week or so has made me mellow out. Or maybe because my expectations were extremely low this time around, unlike how my expectation were blown sky high after the NHL 19 BETA, which made the slow decent into patch/tuner hell sting all that much more...

    It's not going to make me want to play the game again after the rollback is over. At least not every day like I used to. I just hope that people get what they want from this experience, which is to enjoy the game based on their favorite sport again.

    I know I have... A Little.
  • I can imagine there a ton of cursing if you enjoyed 1.03. That garbage doesn’t work as well anymore. That trash offended my 20some years of ice time anyway. I can honestly say anytime my pockets be picked it’s been deserved. My only wish is to be able to pass a little quicker but that’s likely my little Dino brain adjusting still..

    this is my thoughts exactly. I played with a buddy last night and he hates this tuner, why you ask? because he was "getting really good with LT skating". he kept trying to left trigger through the d and kept getting "bumped" off the puck. As a D man, it was awesome to see.

    The thing I like about this skating is the agility. and that's only because if you're lagging even slightly, the old skating would give you long, slow random spins and was a complete game breaker. with this skating I at least have the ability to fairly quickly correct the game spinning me in random directions.
  • I never played the beta version, but it sounds like this tuner is from that? Anyways the one thing that's definitely better imo is the skating now, especially the stop and go. Before in the last tuner your player would try and do some stupid kind of bunny hop to get going from a stopped position and it was really annoying and slow to respond to get going, now it doesn't have that stupid bunny hop to get going anymore, so the stop and go is much more quicker and he's accelerating right away now which is better. Doesn't mean the game is perfect, but that's one improvement I have definitely noticed and like a lot more.
  • I also notice DSS seems to actually be useful now.

    I've noticed 2 negatives so far. Fatigue in VS takes forever to decrease (I think EA knows this already though)

    And passing needs to be faster. Raise the minimum and maximum pass speeds ideally
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Game is unsurprisingly so much better now HOWEVER 3 things and only 3 things need to be addressed.

    Skating, there is still no or minimal difference in the speed and agility of a 5'9 dangler and a 6'7 enforcer. The enforcer should never, ever catch the dangler on a breakaway. That needs to be fixed.

    Puck pickups, the fix to these is very much needed again, losing control of my skater because it's being sucked in to the pickup is infuriating.

    Stamina system, the improved stamina system would be nice as well.

    Everything else is great, when you revert back to the bad tuner, don't take another 3 months to make the changes from the survey. In fact, keep this tuner and make the changes on top of this.

    They should be caught if the play dictates it. Did the carrier turn or deke? Even a slight turn slows them down They also take a penalty to speed when carrying the puck. You have to also look at how the play started. I've seen these plays where someone thinks they shouldn't have been caught, but then you look at the angles they were skating and see how the carrier picked up the puck, plus they usually make a turn of some sort. It's not often it's just a straight line to the net with a defender clearly beat and they get caught.

    Second if you actually bothered to read everything I have posted in this thread you would have seen I have said that for them to get accurate data they needed to offer a second download of the actual beta build and not do this on the live game.

    Yeah, I wasn't addressing that at all. I was talking about defenders catching up.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Game is unsurprisingly so much better now HOWEVER 3 things and only 3 things need to be addressed.

    Skating, there is still no or minimal difference in the speed and agility of a 5'9 dangler and a 6'7 enforcer. The enforcer should never, ever catch the dangler on a breakaway. That needs to be fixed.

    Puck pickups, the fix to these is very much needed again, losing control of my skater because it's being sucked in to the pickup is infuriating.

    Stamina system, the improved stamina system would be nice as well.

    Everything else is great, when you revert back to the bad tuner, don't take another 3 months to make the changes from the survey. In fact, keep this tuner and make the changes on top of this.

    They should be caught if the play dictates it. Did the carrier turn or deke? Even a slight turn slows them down They also take a penalty to speed when carrying the puck. You have to also look at how the play started. I've seen these plays where someone thinks they shouldn't have been caught, but then you look at the angles they were skating and see how the carrier picked up the puck, plus they usually make a turn of some sort. It's not often it's just a straight line to the net with a defender clearly beat and they get caught.

    Second if you actually bothered to read everything I have posted in this thread you would have seen I have said that for them to get accurate data they needed to offer a second download of the actual beta build and not do this on the live game.

    Yeah, I wasn't addressing that at all. I was talking about defenders catching up.

    Did I qoute you? I ment to quote someone else.
    If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.
  • This is not the beta tuner by all means. The 1.03 was way better. The movement was better i can actually move and creat plays. This right here is horrible cant turn to make plays, on breakaways you loose puck from getting bumped by massive d guys that have no business catching up. Yes ive ran into the cheesers (having high cr i play them all the time and lose 5 out of 6 games) there has to be another way to fix that.that's. i am a puck moving setting up guy but this right here is not good at all. Getting sneezed on and loosing the puck holy stick lifts no picking up pucks... This is not fun...so to the people who are saying this is a big improvement please let me play with your game cuz maybe mine is broken...

    The only thing that is broken....is the invisible invincibility bubble that was protecting you ...with the 1.03 tuner.
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I really prefer this tuner, skating without the puck is finally where it should be. However, I do want to see a slight bump in speed for the puck carrier. As stated by others earlier, and as a defensemen myself, we are overpowered at the moment in our ability to make a play and then catch back up while the skater is set at a certain speed. This Tuner especially in vs is better about it than EASHL, however. I would love for their to be a consequence for letting a speedy winger who is breaking into the zone if they get side by side with somebody to sometimes blow past them since they have more speed than a just accelerating defensemen. The puck is too easy to poke off a lot of the time as well. We should have to make a good positional and defensive play rather than just chucking our stick somewhere to break up every shot and pass attempt.

    In the NHL players can avoid extended sticks to get their passes and shots off, but at the moment it's entirely too easy for shots to get suppressed when it just doesn't happen in the same contextual sense as the NHL.

    The offense needs to feel like a weapon and the defense needs to feel like a shield they should both not be swords because defense in the current NHL aren't built to be just defensive players. This series continuing to mold itself to that mindset is part of the issue. Defenses in the current NHL are not shot suppressors and it's time we stop treating them as such.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!