EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

BETA TUNER DETAILS + FEEDBACK THREAD

Replies

• I don't believe the 1.00 tuner will eliminate the current meta. You're going to see more trips and and a more dangerous DSS (I believe the removal of tripping on the release of DSS will now be reverted) resulting in a slew of penalties that will initially come as a breath of fresh air to the beta crowd.

However, once it's realized that the changes to skating were minimal (and we are giving up many quality of life improvements on defense to realize this) and the skilled players adapt to the reversion - the meta will return and you'll see the same complaints.

The current meta does not revolve around poor poke checking/poke checking mechanics. The biggest issue most have with this game is the re-introduction of the hitting bubble which plays a huge determining factor in puck ragging. The other issue would be the inept ability of goaltenders to stop the SS "snipe" anywhere from the bottom of the circle to just inside the blue line in some cases and the backhand to forehand move that works 95% of the time with correct timing.

Personally, I didnt even have a problem with the poke checking when the game was in beta - I used it in situations where the likelihood of a penalty was slim and in areas where I thought there was a chance for a penalty I was able to use physicality to my advantage. With the game in it's current state, physicality is non existent in areas when it should work as intended and with the inconsistency of poke at times it often leaves the D man no choice but incidental contact and body position (which is also hard as the puck carrier often has more agility than the D man without the puck).

This will be the greatest week in gaming that I've had in months, to actually be able to play hockey again. AHHHH what a feeling :D

Well I don't have to write a whole big thing because you hit it 100%!! Very well done. sir!! Perfect.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    The problem with this “beta tuner” is the fact this isn’t how the beta played with the skating being much slower than what it was last summer. Sure, you can put the sliders to what they were in the summer, but the skating clearly isn’t the same. The speed and agility was a huge factor in how the beta played. Slowing the game down and putting the original sliders in doesn’t make the game revert back to how it was a summer ago, it just makes it feel like this is tuner 1.05.

@NHLDev could you comment on the difference in speed and agility in the original beta, the current tuner and 1.03 tuner?

What people are playing now is exactly the same as what people were playing in the final week of the Beta.

Before that we had a 10 percent less range or so in how the agility attribute itself impacted skating. So the absolutely worst possible agile players were ~10 percent better than they are now in agility and the top end has been the same all along.

As players on this forum have called out when looking through the lens of realism, in our pursuit for responsiveness and control, players are quite agile to the point some people feel they are too twitchy when people try to take advantage of that level of control. It’s still balanced as it is the same for all players on the ice but the responsiveness, acceleration and agility is definitely on the high end when looking at authenticity. So adding more range knowing we were still pushing that edge even now felt like the best thing to do to differentiate players more. In the past (NHL 18 and prior) the input model itself, had impacts on base agility/responsiveness but after improving that a lot with the new system, we were able to do more with attributes to better differentiate players.

Lastly, we tried to add a change in one of the patches to add more range in pivot speed based on players skating ability/agility but after testing, we didn’t feel like our math in the original tuning was enough to make even a frame of difference across the attribute ranges in our current game. But we rolled that back in this tuning anyways as part of setting things back to what they were in the Beta.

So the acceleration, agility and speed we have now is exactly the same as what was present at the end of the Beta and at launch.

Some patch changes fixed puck positions in skate cycles/turns, the visual quality of blends, pivot direction consistency, etc but there wasn’t anything to impact the actual skate model itself.

Thanks for the answers. At any point has the overall game speed itself varied?

No it hasn’t. However, some game modes use different game styles — Ones is on Traditional and Threes is on Arcade. The rest of the online modes use Competitive.

It is possible for a connection to make the game speed feel different as it could change your update rate. Different people have different perceptions of those changes as well. Sometimes people think choppier feels fast while others see that as slow and some people feel that smooth feels fast while others think I feels slower.

Camera angles used make a massive difference in game speed perception too.

My connection and camera angles have been consistent since the beta and I almost exclusively play 6's. I'm guessing the perceived speed was just because the lower population caused less server draw back then and ran smoother. I guess now I just cross my fingers that big daddy EA let's you guys add more servers now that hut is using them too, couldn't hurt.

Play a period in 6’s with the cameras low, high, or fixed, it gives a better representation of actual speed. They have some shortcomings and it will be a bit challenging..but it’s also kind of a blast...except the camera pans and zoom pulls lol..but that’s a conversation for another thread.

Far as I know you can disable auto zoom for all cameras. Check it out.

Nah. Doesn’t work. That’s more of a loose move. What I’m referring too is when you take possession and the camera slowly (relative term) swings and racks hard into a 3rd person view. Which, actually, would be great if it’s behavior in that view would be consistent. Sometimes it gets drunk and my guys either skating towards me, or the camera follows from the side. Despite kinda looking cool you’re pretty blind and defenseless. Does lead to some funny hits you never see coming though lol.

Personally, a full frame 12mm racking to 35mm low and kinda 3rd person ish would be great. Have it pan a little depending on where you are... Somehow work vision control into there.. would be great. Ya know show the speed of the game, a more realistic view of goalie angles, seams across the ice as they open and close. All that good stuff. Talk about skill gap lol
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    The problem with this “beta tuner” is the fact this isn’t how the beta played with the skating being much slower than what it was last summer. Sure, you can put the sliders to what they were in the summer, but the skating clearly isn’t the same. The speed and agility was a huge factor in how the beta played. Slowing the game down and putting the original sliders in doesn’t make the game revert back to how it was a summer ago, it just makes it feel like this is tuner 1.05.

@NHLDev could you comment on the difference in speed and agility in the original beta, the current tuner and 1.03 tuner?

What people are playing now is exactly the same as what people were playing in the final week of the Beta.

Before that we had a 10 percent less range or so in how the agility attribute itself impacted skating. So the absolutely worst possible agile players were ~10 percent better than they are now in agility and the top end has been the same all along.

As players on this forum have called out when looking through the lens of realism, in our pursuit for responsiveness and control, players are quite agile to the point some people feel they are too twitchy when people try to take advantage of that level of control. It’s still balanced as it is the same for all players on the ice but the responsiveness, acceleration and agility is definitely on the high end when looking at authenticity. So adding more range knowing we were still pushing that edge even now felt like the best thing to do to differentiate players more. In the past (NHL 18 and prior) the input model itself, had impacts on base agility/responsiveness but after improving that a lot with the new system, we were able to do more with attributes to better differentiate players.

Lastly, we tried to add a change in one of the patches to add more range in pivot speed based on players skating ability/agility but after testing, we didn’t feel like our math in the original tuning was enough to make even a frame of difference across the attribute ranges in our current game. But we rolled that back in this tuning anyways as part of setting things back to what they were in the Beta.

So the acceleration, agility and speed we have now is exactly the same as what was present at the end of the Beta and at launch.

Some patch changes fixed puck positions in skate cycles/turns, the visual quality of blends, pivot direction consistency, etc but there wasn’t anything to impact the actual skate model itself.

Thanks for the answers. At any point has the overall game speed itself varied?

No it hasn’t. However, some game modes use different game styles — Ones is on Traditional and Threes is on Arcade. The rest of the online modes use Competitive.

It is possible for a connection to make the game speed feel different as it could change your update rate. Different people have different perceptions of those changes as well. Sometimes people think choppier feels fast while others see that as slow and some people feel that smooth feels fast while others think I feels slower.

Camera angles used make a massive difference in game speed perception too.

My connection and camera angles have been consistent since the beta and I almost exclusively play 6's. I'm guessing the perceived speed was just because the lower population caused less server draw back then and ran smoother. I guess now I just cross my fingers that big daddy EA let's you guys add more servers now that hut is using them too, couldn't hurt.

Play a period in 6’s with the cameras low, high, or fixed, it gives a better representation of actual speed. They have some shortcomings and it will be a bit challenging..but it’s also kind of a blast...except the camera pans and zoom pulls lol..but that’s a conversation for another thread.

I hate using the moving cameras. I've been classic/overhead forever.
    I like to see everyone in the zone on both ends, it suits my playstyle because I win more with awareness and decision making more than twitch speed or pure skill.

Yeah it’s worlds and worlds easier than having to keep track of all the moving parts down at ice level. Things happen much more quickly down there as well. Additionally, I can imagine it would seem impossible if one didn’t have a decent understanding of plays and positioning, particularly when people start swapping positions. So I agree for a video game those above views are very useful..necessary..but just like real hockey..it’s a whole different world down there on the ice that no camera angle(winter classic had some cool ones tho!) nor, dare I say, stadium seat can truly replicate. Still..it’s kinda fun despite the current cameras shortcomings which unfortunately make them unworkable realistically.
  • alright the beta skating and all that was better but when a 95 overall mcdavid cant land a toe drag or a base card suter beat 99 speeed mcdavid ...or when a gold team can keeeep up speeed and be faster than a team full of 99 speeed that jusst dont make sens whats the point of having higer overall card ...
  • I just want to say that this community really showed up for this. There's no question that although some of us debate endlessly about what should be in the game, how mechanics should work, what's 'hockey' and whatnot, we can all still come together and put significant changes to the test and have quality discussions surrounding the impact of those changes.

If anything, the reversion to beta has proven that although we all have our disagreements and maybe get a little passionate in our discussions, every single one of us just wants an awesome hockey game and that's really it. We all share in that mentality and it's nice to see it on display.

I think everyone has pretty much covered most things in this thread. I don't want to re-iterate anything, so I'll stick to a couple of things I've noticed.

1. Changes to DSS

In this example (Pre-Beta Tuner) I am able to use DSS to discourage the player from making a play by sticking out DSS and forcing him outside:

mQjnzey.gif

Similar example Post-Beta, and it seems as though the amount of distance required between you and the puck carrier so as to NOT get a penalty, has increased:

L2qyt6x.gif

I believe this should be reigned in a little to act more like what happened in GIF 1. I should still be required to use DSS as to not trip, but I should be given some frames to ensure my stick doesn't cross the body or touch the puck carrier. With the Beta tuner, it seems as though there's no room for error at all. I'd like to see this changes as it encourages proper use of DSS.

2. Stick Breaks & Error-prone Game State

I feel the stick break introduces an 'error' to your team in the 'game state'. I feel when this happens, your team is suddenly more error-prone than normal. I think this is demonstrated in this gif where the stick breaks - introducing an 'error-prone' state my team, and the player in the front of the net who should EASILY possess the puck (or at least have enough awareness to shovel the puck to the corner) attempts to get the puck but it seemingly goes right through him:

cPsZ1H3.gif

Speaking of an error-prone game state - here is another clip where it seems my opponent's team is stuck in a state where they cannot interact with the puck. I took this clip because as I noticed that he was unable to switch players and/or his CPU player just couldn't interact with that puck at all, I said out loud to myself, "I'm going to score on the next shot I take".

I could sense that something was amiss here and I truly believed I would score on my next shot. I took a random shot with Connor - which was blocked - but the puck fell right on Wheeler's stick and I decided to just hit shoot again:

omNDUkX.gif

Here is another scenario where I believe this error-prone state (EPS) is introduced to Tampa Bay after the goalie gives up a 'rebound' (which is really a mishandled dump-in). Nobody on Tampa can handle the puck after this 'error' is made, and I score on my next shot:

24Lae1w.gif

When scenarios play out like the ones above, I definitely understand why people would cry Ice-Tilt.

I am not sure if the beta tuner introduces more "error-prone" states to teams that make mistakes, but if this is the case, I'd like to see those states become less obvious.

I could be way out to lunch here and I don't want anyone to think I'm on the side of people who claim 'ice tilt' - but this reversion is tuners has made me hyper vigilant for things - and the idea of an 'error-prone' state being put on your team seems likely considering the above scenarios.

Own goals on defense have already been discussed, but I wanted to add some GIFs to showcase this as I feel this has increased significantly since the beta tuner was released:

aa014Ac.gif

srX2iBV.gif

I obviously have had philosophical differences in game-balance and “what is hockey” discussions with you, but this was an incredible post. I feel the same way regarding “tilt” as you did in your post. It’s not scripted, but it feels like there’s an “error state” if you will where the wheels just really fall-off after goofy things happen. Couldn’t have explained it better myself, and I notice this offline as well so I’ve never bought into the “tilter theory”.

I really appreciate your effort to understand the perspective of the “tilters” (lol) though and show a great level of understanding. Your post went very under-noticed imo and I just wanted to quote it and express my appreciation for how awesome it was. You’ve had a few awesome posts this last week, glad to see everyone coming together and discussing this game with so much civility.

Agree with your post 100%
  • I just want to say that this community really showed up for this. There's no question that although some of us debate endlessly about what should be in the game, how mechanics should work, what's 'hockey' and whatnot, we can all still come together and put significant changes to the test and have quality discussions surrounding the impact of those changes.

If anything, the reversion to beta has proven that although we all have our disagreements and maybe get a little passionate in our discussions, every single one of us just wants an awesome hockey game and that's really it. We all share in that mentality and it's nice to see it on display.

I think everyone has pretty much covered most things in this thread. I don't want to re-iterate anything, so I'll stick to a couple of things I've noticed.

1. Changes to DSS

In this example (Pre-Beta Tuner) I am able to use DSS to discourage the player from making a play by sticking out DSS and forcing him outside:

mQjnzey.gif

Similar example Post-Beta, and it seems as though the amount of distance required between you and the puck carrier so as to NOT get a penalty, has increased:

L2qyt6x.gif

I believe this should be reigned in a little to act more like what happened in GIF 1. I should still be required to use DSS as to not trip, but I should be given some frames to ensure my stick doesn't cross the body or touch the puck carrier. With the Beta tuner, it seems as though there's no room for error at all. I'd like to see this changes as it encourages proper use of DSS.

I feel the stick break introduces an 'error' to your team in the 'game state'. I feel when this happens, your team is suddenly more error-prone than normal. I think this is demonstrated in this gif where the stick breaks - introducing an 'error-prone' state my team, and the player in the front of the net who should EASILY possess the puck (or at least have enough awareness to shovel the puck to the corner) attempts to get the puck but it seemingly goes right through him:

cPsZ1H3.gif

Speaking of an error-prone game state - here is another clip where it seems my opponent's team is stuck in a state where they cannot interact with the puck. I took this clip because as I noticed that he was unable to switch players and/or his CPU player just couldn't interact with that puck at all, I said out loud to myself, "I'm going to score on the next shot I take".

I could sense that something was amiss here and I truly believed I would score on my next shot. I took a random shot with Connor - which was blocked - but the puck fell right on Wheeler's stick and I decided to just hit shoot again:

omNDUkX.gif

Here is another scenario where I believe this error-prone state (EPS) is introduced to Tampa Bay after the goalie gives up a 'rebound' (which is really a mishandled dump-in). Nobody on Tampa can handle the puck after this 'error' is made, and I score on my next shot:

24Lae1w.gif

When scenarios play out like the ones above, I definitely understand why people would cry Ice-Tilt.

I am not sure if the beta tuner introduces more "error-prone" states to teams that make mistakes, but if this is the case, I'd like to see those states become less obvious.

I could be way out to lunch here and I don't want anyone to think I'm on the side of people who claim 'ice tilt' - but this reversion is tuners has made me hyper vigilant for things - and the idea of an 'error-prone' state being put on your team seems likely considering the above scenarios.

Own goals on defense have already been discussed, but I wanted to add some GIFs to showcase this as I feel this has increased significantly since the beta tuner was released:

aa014Ac.gif

srX2iBV.gif

I obviously have had philosophical differences in game-balance and “what is hockey” discussions with you, but this was an incredible post. I feel the same way regarding “tilt” as you did in your post. It’s not scripted, but it feels like there’s an “error state” if you will where the wheels just really fall-off after goofy things happen. Couldn’t have explained it better myself, and I notice this offline as well so I’ve never bought into the “tilter theory”.

I really appreciate your effort to understand the perspective of the “tilters” (lol) though and show a great level of understanding. Your post went very under-noticed imo and I just wanted to quote it and express my appreciation for how awesome it was. You’ve had a few awesome posts this last week, glad to see everyone coming together and discussing this game with so much civility.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I hardly do myself any favors by being so abrasive around here - but it's been nice to have my eyes opened and to see things from different perspectives. I'm glad after all these years I can still provide some insight.

That said - regarding this particular post - although I provide some perspective on how someone could see the way things play out as 'ice tilt' - further review and discussions have shown me that there are other explanations for why things played out the way they did in those GIFS. It might be worth it to explain that here as I think it's important to provide both sides of the story.

24Lae1w.gif

So it has been explained to me that in this gif, there isn't a lot of "save coverage" on high dump-ins, so the puck goes into a physics reaction from the velocity of the trapper. The player correctly went in to a 'glide' in order to trigger a pickup but a pickup wasn't resolved due to the puck bouncing up off of the ice in to the player's skate. The subsequent bounce off of the skate caused the A.I. not to trigger a pickup as well.

So, it would seem that the physics reaction caused some funky decision making that looks odd in real-time.

The instance where the STL player was unable to gather the puck despite being literally overtop of it is considered a bug. It should have been obvious to me that this was a bug, but the way in which everything played out in my favour led me to consider something else was at play.

I was absolutely wrong in assuming that, but I still think the post is important. It opened my eyes to what people might be seeing when they say 'ice tilt' and I can't blame them if they are encountering these bugs on a consistent basis.

Luckily for us, EA is aware of these issues and there's no doubt in my mind steps are being taken to make sure scenarios like the above ones are minimized.

1. Changes to DSS

mQjnzey.gif

L2qyt6x.gif

cPsZ1H3.gif

omNDUkX.gif

24Lae1w.gif

aa014Ac.gif

srX2iBV.gif

Thanks, I appreciate that. I hardly do myself any favors by being so abrasive around here - but it's been nice to have my eyes opened and to see things from different perspectives. I'm glad after all these years I can still provide some insight.

That said - regarding this particular post - although I provide some perspective on how someone could see the way things play out as 'ice tilt' - further review and discussions have shown me that there are other explanations for why things played out the way they did in those GIFS. It might be worth it to explain that here as I think it's important to provide both sides of the story.

24Lae1w.gif

So it has been explained to me that in this gif, there isn't a lot of "save coverage" on high dump-ins, so the puck goes into a physics reaction from the velocity of the trapper. The player correctly went in to a 'glide' in order to trigger a pickup but a pickup wasn't resolved due to the puck bouncing up off of the ice in to the player's skate. The subsequent bounce off of the skate caused the A.I. not to trigger a pickup as well.

So, it would seem that the physics reaction caused some funky decision making that looks odd in real-time.

The instance where the STL player was unable to gather the puck despite being literally overtop of it is considered a bug. It should have been obvious to me that this was a bug, but the way in which everything played out in my favour led me to consider something else was at play.

I was absolutely wrong in assuming that, but I still think the post is important. It opened my eyes to what people might be seeing when they say 'ice tilt' and I can't blame them if they are encountering these bugs on a consistent basis.

Luckily for us, EA is aware of these issues and there's no doubt in my mind steps are being taken to make sure scenarios like the above ones are minimized.

Great insight and feedback Kid. Thanks for taking the effort and sharing with us, and even more so, in a, shall we say, "non abrasive manner" lol.

2 thumbs up for my bromance partner.
  • Dear EA,

Please do not return back to the old game, the beta tuner is far better. This tuner makes the game more relasitic that you have to find new ways of scoring. Where as before I will admit that I did this as well, all the game was was skating circles in the offensive zone waiting for a short side or 1-T to open up. The beta tuner has made it so people can't do that cause checking is actually working now and it makes you actually play hockey. If the game turns back to the other version I will most likely not continue playing. KEEP THE BETA TUNER. -Thank you
  • Dear EA,

Please do not return back to the old game, the beta tuner is far better. This tuner makes the game more relasitic that you have to find new ways of scoring. Where as before I will admit that I did this as well, all the game was was skating circles in the offensive zone waiting for a short side or 1-T to open up. The beta tuner has made it so people can't do that cause checking is actually working now and it makes you actually play hockey. If the game turns back to the other version I will most likely not continue playing. KEEP THE BETA TUNER. -Thank you

Ohohoh. I am so 100% behind this statement. Nicely said.
  • PadrinoIV
    884 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Dear EA,

Yes. Why go back ? We went forward quick with the rollback. Now build on it.
  • Dear EA,

Ohohoh. I am so 100% behind this statement. Nicely said.

Same!!! 100%
  • Because some people don't like the rollback. In fact a LOT of people don't like it.

It doesn't bother me, but I personally would've like to experience not just the BETA tuners, but the code as well (without the patches) to get a better feel for how the game played before and after.

Still, a lot of people ARE liking the game with the rollback tuners and that's fantastic. Hopefully there's some concrete feedback EA can use to after the rollback period is over to turn this game around.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Because some people don't like the rollback. In fact a LOT of people don't like it.

It doesn't bother me, but I personally would've like to experience not just the BETA tuners, but the code as well (without the patches) to get a better feel for how the game played before and after.

Still, a lot of people ARE liking the game with the rollback tuners and that's fantastic. Hopefully there's some concrete feedback EA can use to after the rollback period is over to turn this game around.

From what I’ve seen
    ....And heard...
    ALOT more people seem happier with this tuner...than what we had pre-rollback.
  • LeFury_27
    203 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Yeah, I've heard the same from club and drop in. Don't think I've come across anyone complaining besides on the forum.

Really hoping EA takes the feedback and can replicate the good things in this tuner and maybe add to it. Hopefully the end result will be a realistic, fun hockey game. I personally would like to see the skating 15-20% faster but I am ok with the tuner as is.
    Post edited by LeFury_27 on
  • LeFury_27 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Because some people don't like the rollback. In fact a LOT of people don't like it.

From what I’ve seen
    ....And heard...

From what I’ve seen
    ....And heard...

Yeah, I've heard the same from club and drop in. Don't think I've come across anyone complaining besides on the forum.

Really hoping EA takes the feedback and can replicate the good things in this tuner and maybe add to it. Hopefully the end result will be a realistic, fun hockey game. I personally would like to see the skating 15-20% faster but I am ok with the tuner as is.

Ya the overall attitude I get from playing online ...with other people ...is a sense of renewed excitement about playing hockey again.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    Dear EA,

Yes. Why go back ? We went forward quick with the rollback. Now build on it.

/nod /nod /nod
  • VeNOM2099
    2605 posts Member
    edited January 22

From what I’ve seen
    ....And heard...

Go watch some streams like NugeTV and Realmiviens. I mean, the comments in the chat room are hilarious, but they're obviously unhappy about the tuner rollback. As for 6s, most of the comments I heard while playing 6s were negative about the rollback. Granted, that was drop-ins, and mostly coming from people mashing poke check and getting called like 20 bajillion times in a row... but many seem mad and blame the tuner for their misfortune.

Which again, is HILARIOUS, but not unexpected.

As for friends, well I had ONE friend play, who had stopped playing the game, go on for a few hours on Saturday. I haven't seen him play again since, and he's a HUGE hockey fanatic. At least he used to be.

This isn't a knock on the rollback tuners, but a tell that just simply changing the settings won't do much to correct what's wrong with the game. And a lot of people, like myself, are pretty "meh" about the tuner rollback. It also goes to show that a lot of people had formulated a dislike for the tuners without really knowing what they do in reality to change the game and they come up with all kinds of outlandish reasons why they're losing after the rollback. LOL!
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

From what I’ve seen
    ....And heard...

Go watch some streams like NugeTV and Realmiviens. I mean, the comments in the chat room are hilarious, but they're obviously unhappy about the tuner rollback. As for 6s, most of the comments I heard while playing 6s were negative about the rollback. Granted, that was drop-ins, and mostly coming from people mashing poke check and getting called like 20 bajillion times in a row... but many seem mad and blame the tuner for their misfortune.

Which again, is HILARIOUS, but not unexpected.

Ice tilt is the number one complaint for losses.

Tuners are the second most complaint.

Talent, accountability and teammates are never part of the blame equation. :trollface: :tongue:
  • i hate this tuner for goalie mode.
    Go watch some streams like NugeTV and Realmiviens. I mean, the comments in the chat room are hilarious, but they're obviously unhappy about the tuner rollback.

But players like Nuge and his followers are unhappy about the rollback because it's made it harder for people to figure skate, abuse LT and exploit all of the game's flaws. That's not an argument against the rollback - it's one of the best arguments for it.