EA Forums - Banner

One of the positives from the current tuner.

13Next

Replies

  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    5'7 dangler, with 174 lbs will still throw anyone off the puck.. No need to be anything else. anything bigger, you'll get circles skated around you.. just played 10-12 club games, and nothing really changed, except now I can hear the 30 rapid stick lifts attempted by anyone in a 5 ft radius of me. A ll this patch does is close a gap between veteran players, cheese players and new players..

    So with that logic, Martin St Louis should have 0 body checks registered in his career?

    If a player is coming towards you, and you can't avoid him, you should get nailed regardless of his class, size or weight.

    You have teammates. Use them.

    I'd love to see St Louis check Chara and make him delirious for a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Lets see Burns catch Kucherov on a breakaway, bump him in the back, then watch burns stick lift 15 times in a matter of a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Im fine with whatever tuner they put in..I adjust, my team adjusts. I also have the credentials to back it up.
    my point is, they made defense require zero skill, simply run into the person, the puck carrier will lose sense of direction and will lose the puck.

    This is why people like it. zero skill. just like when they moved legend cards for EASHL. Everyone needed to be on a level player field, regardless of skill, communication, hockey knowledge or even being decent at a video game.

    Its a dangerous thing giving people opportunities when they dont work for it. Example would be someone random with 2 games under his belt being able to skate with my top 4 club. We have the most games in EASHL, more practice time, more communication, yet that doesn't matter, because EA made it where hardwork and practice dont matter.

    Sigh.

    St Louis could easily check at least 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Of course you need to go right to Chara, the tallest player in the league... Whom by the way, has become a giant wuss that shies away from all contact, but that's another topic.

    You seem to forget this is a video game with inflated and unreal factors, such as Synergies, or TOTW cards and all that jazz. Don't see why all of a sudden that should be compared to its real life counterpart, the NHL....

    You say defense requires zero skill. Funny thing though, have you ever played hockey in real life? What do you think happens, in real life, when you run into a player while carrying the puck? You think you go right through him and retain the puck?

    Funny you say people like this game now because it requires 0 skill. If that is the case, why isn't your club ranked 1st instead of 4th? Why should you have an artificial advantage with your Legend 3 card? Simply because you played more games? Well, that should be your advantage, the fact you played more games, and not the fact you picked up the game 3 months before your opponent and get that artificial L3 bonuses.

    If you say you put in all this practice, hours and communication, yet it doesn't matter, then mayber you guys just aren't that good, or as good as you think you should be. Seriously, trying to make us believe that hard work and practice doesn't matter????

    I carefully read this post, and all I see is someone who is complaining that his artificial Legend 3 boosts are gone, practice and hard work doesn't matter, needs his nerfed sticklifts and player bubbles to be effective and bumps into D men yet still wants his puck on his stick.
    Sorry, but we are not going to see eye-to-eye on any of this. If you are losing the puck because players are touching you, then let a teammate handle the puck for you.
  • LiveDoggy
    40 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    5'7 dangler, with 174 lbs will still throw anyone off the puck.. No need to be anything else. anything bigger, you'll get circles skated around you.. just played 10-12 club games, and nothing really changed, except now I can hear the 30 rapid stick lifts attempted by anyone in a 5 ft radius of me. A ll this patch does is close a gap between veteran players, cheese players and new players..

    So with that logic, Martin St Louis should have 0 body checks registered in his career?

    If a player is coming towards you, and you can't avoid him, you should get nailed regardless of his class, size or weight.

    You have teammates. Use them.

    I'd love to see St Louis check Chara and make him delirious for a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Lets see Burns catch Kucherov on a breakaway, bump him in the back, then watch burns stick lift 15 times in a matter of a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Im fine with whatever tuner they put in..I adjust, my team adjusts. I also have the credentials to back it up.
    my point is, they made defense require zero skill, simply run into the person, the puck carrier will lose sense of direction and will lose the puck.

    This is why people like it. zero skill. just like when they moved legend cards for EASHL. Everyone needed to be on a level player field, regardless of skill, communication, hockey knowledge or even being decent at a video game.

    Its a dangerous thing giving people opportunities when they dont work for it. Example would be someone random with 2 games under his belt being able to skate with my top 4 club. We have the most games in EASHL, more practice time, more communication, yet that doesn't matter, because EA made it where hardwork and practice dont matter.

    Sigh.

    St Louis could easily check at least 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Of course you need to go right to Chara, the tallest player in the league... Whom by the way, has become a giant wuss that shies away from all contact, but that's another topic.

    You seem to forget this is a video game with inflated and unreal factors, such as Synergies, or TOTW cards and all that jazz. Don't see why all of a sudden that should be compared to its real life counterpart, the NHL....

    You say defense requires zero skill. Funny thing though, have you ever played hockey in real life? What do you think happens, in real life, when you run into a player while carrying the puck? You think you go right through him and retain the puck?

    Funny you say people like this game now because it requires 0 skill. If that is the case, why isn't your club ranked 1st instead of 4th? Why should you have an artificial advantage with your Legend 3 card? Simply because you played more games? Well, that should be your advantage, the fact you played more games, and not the fact you picked up the game 3 months before your opponent and get that artificial L3 bonuses.

    If you say you put in all this practice, hours and communication, yet it doesn't matter, then mayber you guys just aren't that good, or as good as you think you should be. Seriously, trying to make us believe that hard work and practice doesn't matter????

    I carefully read this post, and all I see is someone who is complaining that his artificial Legend 3 boosts are gone, practice and hard work doesn't matter, needs his nerfed sticklifts and player bubbles to be effective and bumps into D men yet still wants his puck on his stick.
    Sorry, but we are not going to see eye-to-eye on any of this. If you are losing the puck because players are touching you, then let a teammate handle the puck for you.


    Yes, St Louis can check 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Not my point. Point is, can he check a bigger guy from behind and make him disoriented long enough to take the puck, and do this on a consistent basis? answer is no.

    you don't wasn't to compare to real hockey, yet you give examples of real hockey. In real hockey, yes, if you run right into a guy, you should lose the puck. Have you played real hockey? As a defender in real hockey, if you get burnt or flat footed, you dont get an unexplained speed burst, catch the guy on a breakaway from behind, stick lift 15 times in 2 seconds from behind, make him disoriented and steal the puck. This happens in video game hockey, yet never would happen in the real hockey, so again, not sure what your point is.

    I say defense requires zero skill now, because you just have to run into a player as a defender, no need to check, stick lift or anything. The game will take over, and auto stick lift 15 times in seconds. Again, nothing a human would or could do, but this handicap tuner does it automatically.

    you make mention about my club and why not #1? We were December EASHL champions. you do not get any better than that.

    I miss the legendary cards, It did mean something. It meant you put the time into the game, grinded, worked hard and now got the reward. It means you should have an advantage over someone who just picked up the game, but with this handicap tuner, there is no playing defense. It is now called 'chase the person with the puck and have EA auto stick lift for you or bump you off the puck regardless of the angle or even if the puck carrier is in front of you.

    Now, there is easy ways to counter this and its just a simple pass.

    Practice and communication are not rewarded in this game. My club does both very well. This is why we are the best club. We are Defending champions, you dont get better than that, so the whole "maybe you aren't as good as you think" is trash. My club has already adapted and honestly, we never missed a beat.. still get DNF wins, still get messages insulting us, etc..

    Personally I laugh at it, just like here. I see a select few talking trash, yet no one person has offered up their credentials to prove they have put the time in the game or even have an ounce of knowledge on how to play the game, yet want to offer advice, like they have been playing for years or have any success in club. Most want to go off on a rant about how they play 'real' hockey or just just troll, which is fine, because again, I have the credentials

    Im good with this rollback, just like the other tuners. You adapt and move on. I do like this rollback, because yes its make its a different game and my club isn't spending half the time blocking shots from cheese players. But let's be honest, this is a newb tuner for people who haven't adapted to the other tuners. It's a basic tuner, with EA assistance. Im happy for people it benefits, which are none of the high ranked vets, because we already play a good defense. This tuner benefits people who have no practice, dont understand how to play EA NHL, and for teams who prefer to run enforcers for their entire line.



  • LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    5'7 dangler, with 174 lbs will still throw anyone off the puck.. No need to be anything else. anything bigger, you'll get circles skated around you.. just played 10-12 club games, and nothing really changed, except now I can hear the 30 rapid stick lifts attempted by anyone in a 5 ft radius of me. A ll this patch does is close a gap between veteran players, cheese players and new players..

    So with that logic, Martin St Louis should have 0 body checks registered in his career?

    If a player is coming towards you, and you can't avoid him, you should get nailed regardless of his class, size or weight.

    You have teammates. Use them.

    I'd love to see St Louis check Chara and make him delirious for a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Lets see Burns catch Kucherov on a breakaway, bump him in the back, then watch burns stick lift 15 times in a matter of a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Im fine with whatever tuner they put in..I adjust, my team adjusts. I also have the credentials to back it up.
    my point is, they made defense require zero skill, simply run into the person, the puck carrier will lose sense of direction and will lose the puck.

    This is why people like it. zero skill. just like when they moved legend cards for EASHL. Everyone needed to be on a level player field, regardless of skill, communication, hockey knowledge or even being decent at a video game.

    Its a dangerous thing giving people opportunities when they dont work for it. Example would be someone random with 2 games under his belt being able to skate with my top 4 club. We have the most games in EASHL, more practice time, more communication, yet that doesn't matter, because EA made it where hardwork and practice dont matter.

    Sigh.

    St Louis could easily check at least 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Of course you need to go right to Chara, the tallest player in the league... Whom by the way, has become a giant wuss that shies away from all contact, but that's another topic.

    You seem to forget this is a video game with inflated and unreal factors, such as Synergies, or TOTW cards and all that jazz. Don't see why all of a sudden that should be compared to its real life counterpart, the NHL....

    You say defense requires zero skill. Funny thing though, have you ever played hockey in real life? What do you think happens, in real life, when you run into a player while carrying the puck? You think you go right through him and retain the puck?

    Funny you say people like this game now because it requires 0 skill. If that is the case, why isn't your club ranked 1st instead of 4th? Why should you have an artificial advantage with your Legend 3 card? Simply because you played more games? Well, that should be your advantage, the fact you played more games, and not the fact you picked up the game 3 months before your opponent and get that artificial L3 bonuses.

    If you say you put in all this practice, hours and communication, yet it doesn't matter, then mayber you guys just aren't that good, or as good as you think you should be. Seriously, trying to make us believe that hard work and practice doesn't matter????

    I carefully read this post, and all I see is someone who is complaining that his artificial Legend 3 boosts are gone, practice and hard work doesn't matter, needs his nerfed sticklifts and player bubbles to be effective and bumps into D men yet still wants his puck on his stick.
    Sorry, but we are not going to see eye-to-eye on any of this. If you are losing the puck because players are touching you, then let a teammate handle the puck for you.


    Yes, St Louis can check 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Not my point. Point is, can he check a bigger guy from behind and make him disoriented long enough to take the puck, and do this on a consistent basis? answer is no.

    you don't wasn't to compare to real hockey, yet you give examples of real hockey. In real hockey, yes, if you run right into a guy, you should lose the puck. Have you played real hockey? As a defender in real hockey, if you get burnt or flat footed, you dont get an unexplained speed burst, catch the guy on a breakaway from behind, stick lift 15 times in 2 seconds from behind, make him disoriented and steal the puck. This happens in video game hockey, yet never would happen in the real hockey, so again, not sure what your point is.

    I say defense requires zero skill now, because you just have to run into a player as a defender, no need to check, stick lift or anything. The game will take over, and auto stick lift 15 times in seconds. Again, nothing a human would or could do, but this handicap tuner does it automatically.

    you make mention about my club and why not #1? We were December EASHL champions. you do not get any better than that.

    I miss the legendary cards, It did mean something. It meant you put the time into the game, grinded, worked hard and now got the reward. It means you should have an advantage over someone who just picked up the game, but with this handicap tuner, there is no playing defense. It is now called 'chase the person with the puck and have EA auto stick lift for you or bump you off the puck regardless of the angle or even if the puck carrier is in front of you.

    Now, there is easy ways to counter this and its just a simple pass.

    Practice and communication are not rewarded in this game. My club does both very well. This is why we are the best club. We are Defending champions, you dont get better than that, so the whole "maybe you aren't as good as you think" is trash. My club has already adapted and honestly, we never missed a beat.. still get DNF wins, still get messages insulting us, etc..

    Personally I laugh at it, just like here. I see a select few talking trash, yet no one person has offered up their credentials to prove they have put the time in the game or even have an ounce of knowledge on how to play the game, yet want to offer advice, like they have been playing for years or have any success in club. Most want to go off on a rant about how they play 'real' hockey or just just troll, which is fine, because again, I have the credentials

    Im good with this rollback, just like the other tuners. You adapt and move on. I do like this rollback, because yes its make its a different game and my club isn't spending half the time blocking shots from cheese players. But let's be honest, this is a newb tuner for people who haven't adapted to the other tuners. It's a basic tuner, with EA assistance. Im happy for people it benefits, which are none of the high ranked vets, because we already play a good defense. This tuner benefits people who have no practice, dont understand how to play EA NHL, and for teams who prefer to run enforcers for their entire line.



    “Practice and communication are not rewarded in this game. My club does both very well. This is why we are the best club. We are Defending champions”

    This is the best example of the word contradiction ....I have ever read.
    Like for real? Holy moly man!!!
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    5'7 dangler, with 174 lbs will still throw anyone off the puck.. No need to be anything else. anything bigger, you'll get circles skated around you.. just played 10-12 club games, and nothing really changed, except now I can hear the 30 rapid stick lifts attempted by anyone in a 5 ft radius of me. A ll this patch does is close a gap between veteran players, cheese players and new players..

    So with that logic, Martin St Louis should have 0 body checks registered in his career?

    If a player is coming towards you, and you can't avoid him, you should get nailed regardless of his class, size or weight.

    You have teammates. Use them.

    I'd love to see St Louis check Chara and make him delirious for a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Lets see Burns catch Kucherov on a breakaway, bump him in the back, then watch burns stick lift 15 times in a matter of a few seconds to steal the puck. The only place Id see that kinda of craziness is in this video game.

    Im fine with whatever tuner they put in..I adjust, my team adjusts. I also have the credentials to back it up.
    my point is, they made defense require zero skill, simply run into the person, the puck carrier will lose sense of direction and will lose the puck.

    This is why people like it. zero skill. just like when they moved legend cards for EASHL. Everyone needed to be on a level player field, regardless of skill, communication, hockey knowledge or even being decent at a video game.

    Its a dangerous thing giving people opportunities when they dont work for it. Example would be someone random with 2 games under his belt being able to skate with my top 4 club. We have the most games in EASHL, more practice time, more communication, yet that doesn't matter, because EA made it where hardwork and practice dont matter.

    Sigh.

    St Louis could easily check at least 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Of course you need to go right to Chara, the tallest player in the league... Whom by the way, has become a giant wuss that shies away from all contact, but that's another topic.

    You seem to forget this is a video game with inflated and unreal factors, such as Synergies, or TOTW cards and all that jazz. Don't see why all of a sudden that should be compared to its real life counterpart, the NHL....

    You say defense requires zero skill. Funny thing though, have you ever played hockey in real life? What do you think happens, in real life, when you run into a player while carrying the puck? You think you go right through him and retain the puck?

    Funny you say people like this game now because it requires 0 skill. If that is the case, why isn't your club ranked 1st instead of 4th? Why should you have an artificial advantage with your Legend 3 card? Simply because you played more games? Well, that should be your advantage, the fact you played more games, and not the fact you picked up the game 3 months before your opponent and get that artificial L3 bonuses.

    If you say you put in all this practice, hours and communication, yet it doesn't matter, then mayber you guys just aren't that good, or as good as you think you should be. Seriously, trying to make us believe that hard work and practice doesn't matter????

    I carefully read this post, and all I see is someone who is complaining that his artificial Legend 3 boosts are gone, practice and hard work doesn't matter, needs his nerfed sticklifts and player bubbles to be effective and bumps into D men yet still wants his puck on his stick.
    Sorry, but we are not going to see eye-to-eye on any of this. If you are losing the puck because players are touching you, then let a teammate handle the puck for you.


    Yes, St Louis can check 3/4 of the players in the NHL. Not my point. Point is, can he check a bigger guy from behind and make him disoriented long enough to take the puck, and do this on a consistent basis? answer is no.

    you don't wasn't to compare to real hockey, yet you give examples of real hockey. In real hockey, yes, if you run right into a guy, you should lose the puck. Have you played real hockey? As a defender in real hockey, if you get burnt or flat footed, you dont get an unexplained speed burst, catch the guy on a breakaway from behind, stick lift 15 times in 2 seconds from behind, make him disoriented and steal the puck. This happens in video game hockey, yet never would happen in the real hockey, so again, not sure what your point is.

    I say defense requires zero skill now, because you just have to run into a player as a defender, no need to check, stick lift or anything. The game will take over, and auto stick lift 15 times in seconds. Again, nothing a human would or could do, but this handicap tuner does it automatically.

    you make mention about my club and why not #1? We were December EASHL champions. you do not get any better than that.

    I miss the legendary cards, It did mean something. It meant you put the time into the game, grinded, worked hard and now got the reward. It means you should have an advantage over someone who just picked up the game, but with this handicap tuner, there is no playing defense. It is now called 'chase the person with the puck and have EA auto stick lift for you or bump you off the puck regardless of the angle or even if the puck carrier is in front of you.

    Now, there is easy ways to counter this and its just a simple pass.

    Practice and communication are not rewarded in this game. My club does both very well. This is why we are the best club. We are Defending champions, you dont get better than that, so the whole "maybe you aren't as good as you think" is trash. My club has already adapted and honestly, we never missed a beat.. still get DNF wins, still get messages insulting us, etc..

    Personally I laugh at it, just like here. I see a select few talking trash, yet no one person has offered up their credentials to prove they have put the time in the game or even have an ounce of knowledge on how to play the game, yet want to offer advice, like they have been playing for years or have any success in club. Most want to go off on a rant about how they play 'real' hockey or just just troll, which is fine, because again, I have the credentials

    Im good with this rollback, just like the other tuners. You adapt and move on. I do like this rollback, because yes its make its a different game and my club isn't spending half the time blocking shots from cheese players. But let's be honest, this is a newb tuner for people who haven't adapted to the other tuners. It's a basic tuner, with EA assistance. Im happy for people it benefits, which are none of the high ranked vets, because we already play a good defense. This tuner benefits people who have no practice, dont understand how to play EA NHL, and for teams who prefer to run enforcers for their entire line.



    Look, at the end of the day you are free to feel the way you want and see things whichever way you choose.

    Personally, I prefer this tuner because I am not defending the same 2 glitch shots all game long. Puck is moved around more, game flows better and those that don't want to pass and curl their sticks all day get creamed. I still play conservative D and team-first mentality on D. I box players out, cover passing lanes, prevent wrap arounds, etc. However, when I get a player just standing there with a curled stick like I have seen 1 500 000 in the last month, I step up and cream him. It just doesn't work as consistently as it did before this week. Stick curling, dipsy doodling was the main generator of offense no more than 2 weeks ago. Now it is puck movement, making players move around, piercing seams, etc. Just like real hockey. Real hockey IQ now makes more sense than simply bullying your way around with the puck.

    I have not seen bumps from behind that are out of hand. The ones I have seen made sense to me. There was momentum and weight involved. I am not saying they don't exist, I am just saying I have yet to see them. I have never seen a "stunned" or "disoriented" player happen from a simple bump. I see injuries from major checks, but no stunning from incidental contact.

    Again, in real life you bump into a player you lose the puck. This isn't a reflection of real hockey or whatever, it is nothing more than basic physics.

    You also say, in the bolded section, that communication and practice are not rewarded, yet your club does both very well and that is why you have success. How does that make sense, or defend your point?? Contradiction.

    Whether you are the best club or full of air, it matters little to me. What matters is, are you having fun? I know I am. In the end, we are all here for a passion of hockey, and most likely a passion for video games.

    I wish you and your club luck and much success.
    Post edited by WainGretSki on
  • All this 'my club is so great' and we won 4 games in a row for a title' talk adds nothing to your actual argument. Like everyone on here, you have an opinion and you're entitled to it same as others are entitled to disagree. Your rank is irrelevant to the topic so give it a rest. You may be proud of your club n all but by no means does it make you (or anyone else) an authority on things.

    Say what your experience with the tuner is / was and leave it at that. Anything other than that just makes you all look juvenile n foolish.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • There's an auto stick-lift? I never knew, do you activate it from the options?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    There's an auto stick-lift? I never knew, do you activate it from the options?

    Just get next to the opponent with the puck and your guy will try to take it
  • jiajji wrote: »
    jiajji wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Tell Datsyuk that.

    It's funny, I find the current tuner more brutal on defensive builds than offensive builds. So much so that 1.03 i was exclusively a defensmen, the beta rollback has me enjoying playing up front much more. It doesn't seem like many people here agree with me.

    What are you saying? You had less success during this tuner at D....so you switched to forward?

    Saying I'm finding fwd more fun than before, success is tough to define.

    Sounds like it really doesn’t have anything to do with the tuner...just you getting bored/frustrated playin D.
    There’s not a lot of glory in playing D.

    Playing D in 3s with this tuning is the most fun I’ve had with nhl, maybe ever.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    LiveDoggy wrote: »
    5'7 dangler, with 174 lbs will still throw anyone off the puck.. No need to be anything else. anything bigger, you'll get circles skated around you.. just played 10-12 club games, and nothing really changed, except now I can hear the 30 rapid stick lifts attempted by anyone in a 5 ft radius of me. A ll this patch does is close a gap between veteran players, cheese players and new players..

    This is why they're loving it

    Yup!!! Loving it because it’s fair now.
    Nobody is “elite” we all have a fair chance.
    The game no longer holds your hand.

    The game most certainly still holds peoples hands...why is the auto stick lift still in the game...got a guy lined up ready to wreck him along the boards and wham, hit bubble around him as well as my guy going for a stick lift when I never touched the button...so not only does my guy whiff of the hit, but the opponent skates through the stick lift like it never happened squeaks up the boards and gets a great scoring chance...games still a joke. Sad part is that drop in feels and plays 110% completely different than eashl club games. How is that a thing ea? I cant wait for 20 to come out, and me not purchase it. The amount of puck bounces that happens in this tuner is a joke too. 50/50 battles for loose pucks in the neutral zone "ping-pong" around, until the puck randomly and magically hits a player in stride sending them on a breakaway. All I know is that the glitch goal that we've seen since NHL 08 was all but gone from the beta, and this "so called" beta tuner we have now, its still there. Heck its worse now, cuz you can either shoot the short side glitch ched, or skate cross crease and shoot back across the grain. I feel like you devs put a blindfold on, throw some darts at a board, see what you hit, then change your tuners. You can call em whatever you want, but this is still a joke from what we thought we were all getting. You still get punished for good team play, and rewarded for being the "lone wolf." News flash EA, hockey is a team sport and those of us with clubs want to create good plays as a team...not skate in circles and rip glitch shots all night.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2019
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    There's an auto stick-lift? I never knew, do you activate it from the options?

    Just get next to the opponent with the puck and your guy will try to take it

    There is incidental stick on stick and stick on body contact that will cause the puck to come free. That is just simply making the physical objects matter so a puck carrier can’t walk through as if you aren’t there but your player won’t attempt to take a puck that is in possession automatically. He will try and pickup a puck anytime it is loose as that is just how the pickup system works.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I was being sarcastic of course, but since you guys mentioned it - the puck often changes possession when opponent is close to you, and that is the best way of stripping the puck from the opponent under 1.03, since hitting or stick-lifting don't really work that well.

    However, it's not 'auto stick-lift' - there is no stick lift animation or anything, the puck just goes from one stick to another. I think it's a simple comparison of puck control values. When playing tha AI, it does that all the time, and when playing human opponents, it does it too. Which is why you pick certain builds in EASHL, like PMD which is somewhat ironically the best defender build under 1.03.

    I am not really sure what you're trying to say @NHLDev; are you saying that this isn't how it works? Because it does.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I am not really sure what you're trying to say @NHLDev; are you saying that this isn't how it works? Because it does.
    No, I was explaining that it was incidental puck loss and not a stick lift. When the puck comes free, the offensive player could react and pick it up the same as the defensive player where with the stick lift, the better it is performed and the difference in the players, the more advantage the defensive player has to get the puck before the offensive player recovers.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!