EA Forums - Banner

Yes!!!!!!!!!

Hockey is back!!
Thanks EA

Replies

• Whatchu talkin ‘bout Willis?
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    CMDeavly wrote: »
    There is still an issue with speed of players.

You may be curious in the unscientific tests I played along with tonight in the thread linked below. Obviously we dive into details much closer on our debug builds at the office, could remove the nets and can track the player without the puck (which we have done) but was interested in trying tests that would be available for anyone to try.

Definitely all ears on what you are seeing/thinking about speed as well.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/239282/gameplay-updates-based-on-beta-tuner-rollback-feedback#latest
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    CMDeavly wrote: »
    There is still an issue with speed of players.

You may be curious in the unscientific tests I played along with tonight in the thread linked below. Obviously we dive into details much closer on our debug builds at the office, could remove the nets and can track the player without the puck (which we have done) but was interested in trying tests that would be available for anyone to try.

Definitely all ears on what you are seeing/thinking about speed as well.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/239282/gameplay-updates-based-on-beta-tuner-rollback-feedback#latest

I'm interested in knowing why there isn't more of a speed difference between the players? If I have a fast guy with a 99 for speed and I'm a stride or two behind the defenseman with a 75 or 80 for speed I never feel like I have that advantage in speed to have a clean break away despite having the speed and agility advantage. I've reverted back to tuner 1.00 and it's not as big of an issue but it still is one to an extent. So my question is this, what would it take to widen that speed gap to make really fast players get the advantage? I primarily play franchise mode so maybe what I should be asking is, what ratings can I try to edit to get that desired result?