EA Forums - Banner

Beta Tuner Rollback Update + Current Gameplay Feedback Survey

15678911Next

Replies

• NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    BlahQGhozT wrote: »
    I don't play vs much anymore, but a feature I used to love was when if you passed the puck to the ai and held down the pass you'd stay in control of your player. When you released the pass button the ai would return it to you giving you a chance to setup some nice give n go's. @NHLDEV why was this feature removed? Just curious.

If it was being abused somehow, for example for long unrealistic stretch plays, could the range of the pass back just not be limited or the time to 'work without the puck' be limited until you are forced to take back control of the ai player with the puck?

Again, just curious why it was taken out

Thx.

It was a cool feature. It would have been taken out before my time on gameplay so I don’t have all the details. Definitely something we could explore again and have talked about when recalling previous features in past hockey experiences. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    BlahQGhozT wrote: »
    I don't play vs much anymore, but a feature I used to love was when if you passed the puck to the ai and held down the pass you'd stay in control of your player. When you released the pass button the ai would return it to you giving you a chance to setup some nice give n go's. @NHLDEV why was this feature removed? Just curious.

If it was being abused somehow, for example for long unrealistic stretch plays, could the range of the pass back just not be limited or the time to 'work without the puck' be limited until you are forced to take back control of the ai player with the puck?

Again, just curious why it was taken out

Thx.

It was a cool feature. It would have been taken out before my time on gameplay so I don’t have all the details. Definitely something we could explore again and have talked about when recalling previous features in past hockey experiences. Thanks for bringing it up.

@NHLDEV Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
    BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • barrett098
    428 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    can we have the new tuner already. smh
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    barrett098 wrote: »

We knew that everyone would like to get the updates so we made our best effort to get it up ahead of the weekend. We were a bit too optimistic and unfortunately we couldn’t guarantee that it wouldn’t cause some issues in the minimum time we had to test.

Earliest you will see it would
    be Tuesday @2am PST but proper testing has to be completed before we can confirm anything.

We knew that everyone would like to get the updates so we made our best effort to get it up ahead of the weekend. We were a bit too optimistic and unfortunately we couldn’t guarantee that it wouldn’t cause some issues in the minimum time we had to test.

be Tuesday @2am PST but proper testing has to be completed before we can confirm anything.

Thank you for leaving the beta tuner in the meantime instead of reverting to 1.03

Thank you for leaving the beta tuner in the meantime instead of reverting to 1.03

God yes.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    NHLDev wrote: »

So the delays are down to a NEW tuner that's being tested, ie. 1.04?

If so, this would be an evolution of 1.03, and has nothing to do with the beta tuner that's being used now? Any potential changes resulting from that (based on the beta questionnaire?) would be introduced in yet another tuner, like 1.05?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

So the delays are down to a NEW tuner that's being tested, ie. 1.04?

If so, this would be an evolution of 1.03, and has nothing to do with the beta tuner that's being used now? Any potential changes resulting from that (based on the beta questionnaire?) would be introduced in yet another tuner, like 1.05?

As it read last week this is the interim tuner which has the patch notes listed from last Friday. Then they will do one more I believe based on all the surveys/feedback.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • There are no new tuners listed after 1.03 in tuner notes? Where are they, can you provide a link, please? Or are they in this thread somewhere?
  • First and foremost, this new tuner update will use the Beta Tuner (v1.00) as the foundation for gameplay. When going through the feedback, a lot of people preferred the core gameplay aspects of v1.00 especially related to both skating and hitting.

With Tuner v1.00 as the foundation, we will be making the following adjustments to align with feedback we received:
    AI skaters will not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers
    The Beta Tuner Rollback allowed this for the first 2-4 frames, which is why people saw the change in the AI
    Note: the AI will maintain their skating aggression and positioning from the roll back as people preferred it as opposed to the past gameplay tuner
    AI skaters will not commit penalties in Online VS or HUT
    Reduced the chance ai skaters will put the puck over the glass for delay of game penalties in World of Chel
    Added back in the forehand stick lift faceoff win speed increase
    Added in the fix to the energy regained at the whistle so that we see more realistic rolling of lines
    Many players commented that they felt they were able to stack their lines to use their top players more frequently, which provided less of a realistic experience.
    Tuning fixes for AI Goalie logic for when to play the puck out of their net
    Sometimes goalies were getting a little too aggressive; this will help prevent that
    Added back in consistency for user goalies to transition to post hug at extreme facing directions
    Tuned back in the penalty logic changes around trips
    Tuned back in the pokecheck accuracy improvements
    Split the difference on the stick lift penalty tuning so it will be between Tuner 1.00 and Tuner 1.03
    A majority of the community mentioned that while stick lifts were too strong in the Beta Tuner, they were also causing too many penalties in 1.03 which made them less effective. This change should help find the proper balance for them.
    Added back in puck pickup tuning fixes
    Tuning out dropped and broken sticks again in online modes
    Added back in the tuning to increase loose puck deke success
    Tuned back in the changes to lower goalies’ ability to react to passes as quickly when they aren’t reading pass
    Tuned back in fix to lower assistance on goalie passes
    Finally, we split the difference between Tuner 1.00 and Tuner 1.03 on the incidental puck loss distance tuning but keeping the low relative speed hitting tuning from 1.00
    This will help address the complaints we saw in Tuner 1.03 around players being unable to bump players off the puck at low speeds in the corner, but reduce the amount of incidental contact puck loss that we also saw complaints about from Tuner 1.00

Again, we thank you for your constructive feedback in forums, on Twitter, and in messages. The detailed feedback we saw along with the video clips we received allowed us to understand and address the issues to help make the game better.

We’re excited for you to get your hands on the new update and we look forward to seeing your feedback on it!

-The EA SPORTS NHL team

The other thread like this one. Kinda worried about the fate of bumps and stick lifts but trying to keep my yap closed until we see it.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • jiajji wrote: »

When I tried to open an ea page with your gifs on it

LMAO truth
  • @Kriptical476 - thanks for posting the list.