EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback

Replies

• I know you guys are trying to be fair but these base cards should be nowhere near updated cards.. how does one with a bunch of 84 overalls beat a team with the lowest card of 89?

thumb skill?
  • I know you guys are trying to be fair but these base cards should be nowhere near updated cards.. how does one with a bunch of 84 overalls beat a team with the lowest card of 89?

Because the cards are just pixels on a screen - it's not the cards that win or loose a game of NHL it's the person holding the controller.
  • UPDATE JANUARY 28: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.

UPDATE JANUARY 25: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.

lol seriously? not even trying anymore.
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    UPDATE JANUARY 28: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.

UPDATE JANUARY 25: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.

There is a new update available right now.
  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Are we sure this time? 😂😂😂

I look forward to trying it. It will be tuner 1.03, right?

Yes, it will show up as a redownload of 1.03 again as we have only updated the tuning for online modes in this tuner like we did during the rollback period.

Offline players will have what they have had all along for now with the ability to choose between tuner 1.00 up to 1.03 and change any other custom sliders they have.

This also means that there won’t be a way for offline players to play exactly what is being used online until there is a 1.04

It was the fastest way we could get moving with the online tuning and since most offline players do a lot of custom tuning on top of many default tuner variations anyways it was the best compromise for now.

So, for offline no tuner has changed during the rollback period, 1.00 was the same as it has been before?
  • NHLDev
    1370 posts EA NHL Developer
    barrett098 wrote: »
    UPDATE JANUARY 28: Late last night we caught an issue with one of the tuner changes not working properly and have postponed the release of it. We will provide more details when we get them.

Where did you get this info?
  • NHLDev
    1370 posts EA NHL Developer
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

Yes, it will show up as a redownload of 1.03 again as we have only updated the tuning for online modes in this tuner like we did during the rollback period.

Offline players will have what they have had all along for now with the ability to choose between tuner 1.00 up to 1.03 and change any other custom sliders they have.

This also means that there won’t be a way for offline players to play exactly what is being used online until there is a 1.04

It was the fastest way we could get moving with the online tuning and since most offline players do a lot of custom tuning on top of many default tuner variations anyways it was the best compromise for now.

So, for offline no tuner has changed during the rollback period, 1.00 was the same as it has been before?

Yes. For offline, all tuner versions remain the same.
    Where did you get this info?

Whoever updated the first post in this thread made a copy-and-past error and some people are overreacting to it.

Cards can only do so much and definitely are not a guarantee to beat a higher skilled opponent.
  • So, is the updated tuner out now already or not?
  • Talongore
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "AI skaters will not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers"
      When are you going to fix/stop the fake slapshot crap? User comes down on a 2on1 or 1on1 breakaway, user does slight fake slapshot and the AI Defenseman 99% of the time comes to a complete stop. Result is 1on0 or 2on 0 breakaway. Over and over and over. When will this be fixed, as I've never seen an NHL Dman ever fall so hard for something so simple as a slight fake slapshot?

"Tuning out dropped and broken sticks again in online modes"
      ??? I've been playing EASHL since October...have not seen a broken or dropped stick one time until just recently....seems you tuned it in?

"Tuned back in the changes to lower goalies’ ability to react to passes as quickly when they aren’t reading pass"
      What exactly does this mean? What affects when goalies are or are not reading passes? Does this affect user goalies at all?
  • New tuner is out.

I've played 2 games and there's definitely been some changes, but for the most part the 'feel' of the 1.00 tuner is still there and I think many will be happy.

Luckily - the place I work is closed today due to cold, so I'll try to capture some gifs of things I find odd or things that are working well!
  • New tuner is out.

I've played 2 games and there's definitely been some changes, but for the most part the 'feel' of the 1.00 tuner is still there and I think many will be happy.

Luckily - the place I work is closed today due to cold, so I'll try to capture some gifs of things I find odd or things that are working well!

Is the physical play similar to last night? How heavily toned down is it?
  • New tuner is out.

Is the physical play similar to last night? How heavily toned down is it?

Physical play still feels good and dynamic. Maybe even more so - but I'm only a couple of games in.

There's still lots of jostling for the puck, incidental contact and body positioning are still of utmost importance.

I'm getting caught in tripping calls with DSS. I'm adjusting there but I think it's in a good place.

The A.I. has made some interesting decisions but I can't tell if that is a cause of the tuner or not. I'll try to grab some clips. But in one instance, I had a forechecker who was offside continue his path to the net after I regained possession in the neutral zone.
    MaxPac67 wrote: »
    NHLDev wrote: »

Yes. For offline, all tuner versions remain the same.

Any timetable for when offline players will get todays changes (1.04)?

Is it correct that even if I enter an online mode and download todays tuner it wont be availible in offline mode as a new 1.03?
  • Kinda mixed feelings about the tuner. Lots of things has been fixed, but bubble / stick curling is back and back skating seems to negate most of hits. Puck is loose on stick on stick contacts, but seems to be glued when making hits, just doesn't make sense.
    Goalie rebound control is now trash. The A.I makes weird decisions, they skate to loose puck, but half way to puck they decide against it.
  • New tuner is out.

Can’t wait to try it !!
  • golani79 wrote: »
    So, is the updated tuner out now already or not?
    Yes.
  • Greyinsi wrote: »
    Goalie rebound control is now trash. The A.I makes weird decisions, they skate to loose puck, but half way to puck they decide against it.

The AI has been terrible about reacting to loose pucks (at least when on defense) all year - the new tuner didn't change anything about that.

As for rebound control, most people think it's improved, since it seemed really bad in the beta. I bet it hasn't changed at all, and people are just imagining that it's worse or better based on a small sample size.

• After playing through all these tuners in quick succession so they are fresh in the mind, I can fully see now the problems are core mechanic issues, and nothing a tuner will change. Appreciate you guys trying though, and hope you guys reinvent yourselves in your first next gen release, because the current gen build of NHL has been a frustrating journey to say the least.