EA Forums - Banner

Thinking how I'm going to fit Stan Mikita into my lineup...

i'm playing TB with NP, HT, BE, PP & CS on with strategies for physical and aggressive play. i keep 2 open FWD and 1 open D slot that i can use to change out players but they're currently filled with Xmas cards (Wheeler, Hoffman, Ristolainen) and playing out of their Pixels so i hate to swap them out.

Stan is T, S, PP but i have no T worthy of ice time and Modano might be my only S at the moment. i was thinking he needs to go in with PP but all my other PPs are dual synergies so i'd lose something else. i think Stan is a righty and could go in for 85 Guy Lafleur, i have room to lose a TB but Guy's money with the one timer slappy off the faceoff playing point on PP. which happens to be my best and really only play i can count on.

this seems like a good problem to have and it looks like one of the Xmas cards is on their way to the great Gold Rare to Gold Collectable set in the sky and i guess Hoffman is the most likely.

i guess i just answered my own question. :smile:

how are others looking to put him in?

i'm also thinking about not going for him and saving my January Collectables hoping the 3 for 1 reroll sets continue in the coming months to make future Legends easier to get. the worse part of that is we may not get players i like as much as Mikita but i'm expecting (hoping) to see Yzerman and/or Fedorov as we move to spring. not knowing what's to come is fun but, argh.....i want to plan out lineup.

Replies

• I've been trying to do the same thing for the last week or so. I've contemplated sitting a few guys to somehow activate trap but not sure I'd like to. I havent had as much success this year as i'd like to have to not going to waste too much time on it. Roenick might be riding the pine for me, hasn't done much and is a negative in the +/-, probably stick makita on LW though even though I dont cross crease one time much.
  • yeah, i'm going to be in this same spot in a few weeks when i close out my 500th Set and land Joe Sakic. he only plays CS in my lineup.
  • He’ll be replacing Nieuwendyk as 3rd line center for me on my TB team.

nice, i missed out on Joey N and was mad for about a week after. but i had all my october collectables to turn into December collectables and had Clarke after about 15 days. i'm still holding about 40 cards from before January and hope the reroll sets continue for the rest of the year. it should help me secure the monthly legends going forward.

nice, i missed out on Joey N and was mad for about a week after. but i had all my october collectables to turn into December collectables and had Clarke after about 15 days. i'm still holding about 40 cards from before January and hope the reroll sets continue for the rest of the year. it should help me secure the monthly legends going forward.

I didn’t even know about dailies at first until a friend told me when he got his Ferraro in September. I was more focused on doing the offline challenges & completely ignored the progression challenges lol.

The collectible rerolls are a god send for sure. Even without rerolls it’s not uncommon to finish the monthly card & still have days to collect more monthly collectibles. It definitely makes sense to keep the reroll option.
  • i earned Stan last night and just as i thought, he does not fit my lineup. i played the Daily Challenge with him in and OTL 1-0. reset the lineup and won 6-0. went online and did nothing with him in, reset and picked up the wins to get to D5 in Online Seasons.

i tried Mikita in both FWD spots that i thought he could go, one @ C and one @ Wing in all combinations plus mixed the lines a bit. nothing worked. i think he's better suited for a speedy lineup. i can't try T since i don't have the players and relied on his PP synergy to fit in.

i'll give S a try next but that usually is not good for my style of gameplay.

how is he working for all of you?
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    He's a beast
  • Absolute monster.
  • He's my first line left wing with his right handed shot and he replaced Teemu Selanne in the same spot and is more productive than Teemu was
  • I have him as third line center, with Backstrom totw on right wing and Christmas Hoffman on left that line works good for me.
  • He is a beast. 3rd line center and pk1 center.
  • Of all my cards my one beast is Christmas Webber he can snipe from left circle like mad.
  • I was hoping Mikita could replace my Xmas kucharov. .. that was a mistake
  • NYR_Nick wrote: »
    I was hoping Mikita could replace my Xmas kucharov. .. that was a mistake
    Kucharov is a left handed winger, Mikita is a right hand centre. I'm not surprised you've not been impressed as that is not exactly a like-for-like swap
  • He's good anywhere not a beast for me but very effective. Someone mentioned 85 Lafleur card earlier that might be the best card for sub 93 guy. He never leaves my line-up