Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback

Replies

• EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    @a1xFREAKx13 , some details on the random update, more to follow:

• Ampereturn
    96 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "AI skaters will not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers, then why have them?" Yes, that was my last online game, especially, our black Lions AI defenders did not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers in Chel (did you really switch them off ?) and then we have got many glitch goals from our opponents (AI Goalie should adapted more to those glitch goals I think). That was really "funny" :/
    Post edited by Ampereturn on
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ampereturn wrote: »
    "AI skaters will not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers, then why have them?" Yes, that was my last online game, especially, our black Lions AI defenders did not perform defensive actions against active puck carriers in Chel (did you really switch them off ?) and then we have got many glitch goals from our opponents (AI Goalie should adapted more to those glitch goals I think). That was really "funny" :/

Pretty sure that pertains to modes like vs and HUT! The ai in chel is not tuned this way from what I remember reading.
  • Hi, I don't know if this is the best location in the forum to post requests for things to be tuned in the game or not.

I am reading all these things about AI skaters not being able to make any defensive actions against the puck carrier which doesn't make a lot of sense to me as this game is 5-on-5, and it's impossible to be 5 skaters all at the same time. It wouldn't be so bad if player switching was spot on 100% of the time, but it's honestly far from that. Thinking connection quality may play a factor in that but I'm not sure, but some cases it can be downright brutal and unplayable whatever the reason may be.

So my even larger concern is this. With AI skaters' abilities being nerfed totally how are they still able to super intercept a puck, even when it's slapshotted down the ice, when they have their back to the play? Why hasn't this been addressed in tuners yet? It's even more maddening to see the puck pass through your human player on a perfect soft pass while the AI defender's stick will magnetize the puck to it if it comes within 5 feet of the skater, and the puck speed doesn't even seem to come into play there.
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Could you release an actual post with the patch notes for 1.50 please @EA SPORTS
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Could you release an actual post with the patch notes for 1.50 please @EA SPORTS

Latest official info on patch 1.5 — more details to come

//Post Edited to fix false info.
    Post edited by NHLDev on
  • gbaby11 wrote: »
    Played 6 vs games since the new gameplay update game came out. It’s clear the problem is people circling in the corners of the offensive zone and either circling in front for a short side or hitting the back door pass.

I don’t mind if this is how people try and play the game but in the beta revert you could actually strip the puck and bump them off the puck if they’re skating circles instead of actually passing.

I played 6 OVP games last night - every opponent I played made a b line for the goal line every time they entered the zone and started circling in the corners. Every single game I took control of the closest D man and stood in place while they tried baiting me to chase them around. When they realized it wouldnt work they, naturally, tried to force a pass through the slot through 2 or 3 guys and every time it was intercepted. Funny thing is, they kept trying it again...and again...and again...and the same results occurred every time. I went 5-1 and the one game I lost shouldnt have even been close but it's hard to go on winning streaks without running up against EAs stonewall goalie performances and inability to get to loose pucks.
  • The new patch made poke checks more consistent, nice!
    But first game in and AI has takes two interference penalties, so there's still work to be done.
  • Well the stick lift is still a little OP and its like sword fighting ,I didn't see a problem with the old tuner for the stick lifts ,then again I never spammed it to make it a problem
  • gbaby11 wrote: »
    Played 6 vs games since the new gameplay update game came out. It’s clear the problem is people circling in the corners of the offensive zone and either circling in front for a short side or hitting the back door pass.

I don’t mind if this is how people try and play the game but in the beta revert you could actually strip the puck and bump them off the puck if they’re skating circles instead of actually passing.

I played 6 OVP games last night - every opponent I played made a b line for the goal line every time they entered the zone and started circling in the corners. Every single game I took control of the closest D man and stood in place while they tried baiting me to chase them around. When they realized it wouldnt work they, naturally, tried to force a pass through the slot through 2 or 3 guys and every time it was intercepted. Funny thing is, they kept trying it again...and again...and again...and the same results occurred every time. I went 5-1 and the one game I lost shouldnt have even been close but it's hard to go on winning streaks without running up against EAs stonewall goalie performances and inability to get to loose pucks.

It is amazing how many players are one trick ponies. Take it away from them, and they really don't know what to do.... Funny indeed.
  • I'm actually liking this tuner a lot. I do have a couple complaints, just small ones that I'm sure can be fixed

First, changing players on Defence, I sometimes can't switch to the guy I want, even if it's closest to the puck and also, it seems difficult to change players off a faceoff loss, sometimes this results in a goal against.

Another would be my player getting stuck on another player, there has to be a fix. I can't stand when guys purposely stand in front of you when you're trying to catch someone on a breakaway

Again, I think EA can fix this and hope they do.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Well the stick lift is still a little OP and its like sword fighting ,I didn't see a problem with the old tuner for the stick lifts ,then again I never spammed it to make it a problem

I have edited that above post. It was false info and just posted the last tuner notes as if they were part of patch 1.5

So what you saw there was already done in the last tuner update.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Greyinsi wrote: »
    The new patch made poke checks more consistent, nice!
    But first game in and AI has takes two interference penalties, so there's still work to be done.

Same thing. That page posted the last tuner notes as if they were part of this new patch incorrectly.

So yes, that change was made but you were already playing it since Tuesday.

Patch 1.5 doesn’t have any gameplay changes.
  • Next time, to avoid confusion I would suggest updating the info together with patch releasing.
  • MiIczar
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I sometimes can't switch to the guy I want, even if it's closest to the puck
    Acutally, this thing occurs in game since they released NHL 19. It frustrates me a lot. I haven't noticed any changes in this part of gameplay for last five months. It also occured (but less) in NHL 16, 17 and 18.
  • I would like to see the removal of the face off trait in EASHL. Make every skater have the same face off rating please like it’s been for all of next gen.

Having to use a trait to be able to win faceoffs consistenly is basically the same thing as old gen when we were forced to use one build over another because of the rating caps, it just handcuffs us into using it and we as centers get the shaft from having to waste a trait slot on it.

It would be fine if you could play the counters and maybe win a few toss ups but that is not the case when you are facing a player with the trait and you yourself do not have it. Add the connection quality favoring the other guy and you will be lucky to win 20-30 percent of the draws if you are not just tying the player up every faceoff drop.
  • I would like to see the removal of the face off trait in EASHL. Make every skater have the same face off rating please like it’s been for all of next gen.

Having to use a trait to be able to win faceoffs consistenly is basically the same thing as old gen when we were forced to use one build over another because of the rating caps, it just handcuffs us into using it and we as centers get the shaft from having to waste a trait slot on it.

It would be fine if you could play the counters and maybe win a few toss ups but that is not the case when you are facing a player with the trait and you yourself do not have it. Add the connection quality favoring the other guy and you will be lucky to win 20-30 percent of the draws if you are not just tying the player up every faceoff drop.

I'm 60% on the year with various builds and no added trait, I think it has more to do with the connection so I'd never waste the slot. Have good timing, know which attempts give you an advantage and most importantly have a good connection. That's how it seems to shake out anyway.
  • NickKefz
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    jiajji wrote: »
    I would like to see the removal of the face off trait in EASHL. Make every skater have the same face off rating please like it’s been for all of next gen.

I'm 60% on the year with various builds and no added trait, I think it has more to do with the connection so I'd never waste the slot. Have good timing, know which attempts give you an advantage and most importantly have a good connection. That's how it seems to shake out anyway.

I agree it’s probably mostly connection related because in the real beta I could win toss ups against guys with the trait but now it just seems like I can’t win a single toss up draw against anyone with it on. I can play the counters all game and be somewhat succesful but it gets kind of predictable.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
  • GxSwizz wrote: »
    Anyway goalies are more aggressive and slower than before when recovering from a shot.

Ridiculous - you're literally just saying this based on an incredibly small sample size. Other people are saying that the tuner has dramatically improved goalies' rebound control and made them better against short-side snipes. You're all just imagining things. Just look at the tuner notes.