EA Forums - Banner

New Tuner Experience After The Beta

Replies

  • Ps: I just realize that 6’8” was only 200lbs. That’s a beanpole dude!
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    The game right now is still geared to catering to forwards. Wasn't so much before this new tuner. I mentioned LG because people there use teamplay A LOT more than what you'd find in drops. It just sounds like you're trying to gimp defending even more. Check out my hitting gif I posted in the tuner thread. With this current tuner, as a forward, you can be hit and not have anything happen to you, can rag the puck, and ignore incidental contact.

    What more do you want?

    What I want - as posted at the top of this thread - is a game where the ballerinas spamming L2/LT are susceptible to being knocked off the puck because they (in a real world scenario) would have less control over the puck than someone skating in a straight line.

    What I see and experience is the opposite. In my own games I can be bumped off the puck by someone doing nothing more than skating into my back or side - not hitting, not poking - just skating. This is in line with what JoshFearless and Keso said in the interview. But experts at using L2/LT can spin around the offensive zone and not lose the puck anywhere near as much. Yes they may be more skilled than me, but not JoshFearless and Keso

    So, a 6'8" forward who's 200lbs can be bumped off the puck because someone touches him from behind, but a 5'8" 140lb forward can spin and ballet dance his way through those bumps with no loss of control. Surely that doesn't make sense any way you look at it?

    I have no problem crushing people who do that in 6s. If that problem is in versus, then the solution is to reactivate the so-called skill zone and let the AI defensemen help.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    LOL the pro's. You mean the glitch machines? The LT abuse machines? Stick wiggling, corner spazzing, never played a game of hockey in their life "gamers"? We need more scoring, wahhhhh. It's too hard to score, wahhhh. Those pros? Ah....got ya

    Er, yes - the pros. The ones who are on pro teams, who get paid, and win a lot more games then I ever will. I'm not over familiar with all of their game styles, but I know for sure they don't all abuse LT/L2; but I am pretty sure every single NHL player around the world is guilty of stick wiggling so thanks for your insight.

    And isn't "wahhhhh" spelt Waahhh!

    The people who get paid to play this game are like .01% of the player base. And I'm sure they can command more money when they can do more by themselves. Hockey is a very team oriented game. They want to be able to be one man shows because they can demand more money.

    So these people by and large have a financial incentive to want the game to be LESS like hockey. Why should their voice carry any weight? Their very "authority" you appeal to is actually a huge reason to not listen to them.
  • The people who get paid to play this game are like .01% of the player base. And I'm sure they can command more money when they can do more by themselves. Hockey is a very team oriented game. They want to be able to be one man shows because they can demand more money.

    So these people by and large have a financial incentive to want the game to be LESS like hockey. Why should their voice carry any weight? Their very "authority" you appeal to is actually a huge reason to not listen to them.

    Ice Hockey, Field Hockey, Roller Hockey etc. is indeed a team oriented game - but NHL19 on Xbox and PS4 is in the majority played 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0 (i.e. the computer) so they are one man shows. At least most of the time, apart from those who play EASHL 3's or 6's which is, I believe, the minority, hence people valued for their skill at the game should, in my opinion, command more respect than just myself or the next man in the seat - with their Xbox or PS4 controller that is.

    You are of course entitled to your own opinion.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    I don't want to labour this point too much, but if anyone is interested check out the interview with NHL professional JoshFearless and Keso which NoSleeves12 conducted on You Tube

    I think it's Josh when asked what would make the current tuner perfect he said:
    "I think they've done a great job with the new tuner that just released, but there's one problem and it's the incidental contact. So I can literally get my player - not even hitting you, not even poking you - but just run at you and you'll lose the puck. Like, it's insane. So that creates a lot of problems for, like, bounces - so I'm going and there's a bunch of players (my computer AI's) are going for the puck, I'm going for the puck, he's going for the puck and no-one can pick up this puck because of the incidental contact.

    Eventually the puck just bounces away and gives breakaways or it gives people puck possession with odd man rushes and it destroys the game and it makes it makes it just a puck bounce luck fest."

    If you read my posts about this in the beta and new version I describe these bumps, or incidental contact as puck pinball. I think I like Josh's description better.

    NoSleeves12 then asks Keso what he thinks:
    "I agree completely it's the incidental contact we're at right now because you don't even have to make a button input you can just skate into somebody and they'll lose the puck. It also creates so much variance in the game...

    He then describes a situation in a recent competitive game he played where he scored a goal he didn't deserve because of the erratic bounce of the puck which then just went in the net. His thoughts on that goal?
    That should never happen in a game."

    So, it's not just an average Joe that thinks these bumps, or incidental contact or the puck bounce luck fest that results from them have no place in this game. It's the pro's too. Can we please do something about it soon?

    Incidental contact is what makes this game better. Come on. Cry me a river. Watch some hockey.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    I don't want to labour this point too much, but if anyone is interested check out the interview with NHL professional JoshFearless and Keso which NoSleeves12 conducted on You Tube

    I think it's Josh when asked what would make the current tuner perfect he said:
    "I think they've done a great job with the new tuner that just released, but there's one problem and it's the incidental contact. So I can literally get my player - not even hitting you, not even poking you - but just run at you and you'll lose the puck. Like, it's insane. So that creates a lot of problems for, like, bounces - so I'm going and there's a bunch of players (my computer AI's) are going for the puck, I'm going for the puck, he's going for the puck and no-one can pick up this puck because of the incidental contact.

    Eventually the puck just bounces away and gives breakaways or it gives people puck possession with odd man rushes and it destroys the game and it makes it makes it just a puck bounce luck fest."

    If you read my posts about this in the beta and new version I describe these bumps, or incidental contact as puck pinball. I think I like Josh's description better.

    NoSleeves12 then asks Keso what he thinks:
    "I agree completely it's the incidental contact we're at right now because you don't even have to make a button input you can just skate into somebody and they'll lose the puck. It also creates so much variance in the game...

    He then describes a situation in a recent competitive game he played where he scored a goal he didn't deserve because of the erratic bounce of the puck which then just went in the net. His thoughts on that goal?
    That should never happen in a game."

    So, it's not just an average Joe that thinks these bumps, or incidental contact or the puck bounce luck fest that results from them have no place in this game. It's the pro's too. Can we please do something about it soon?

    LOL the pro's. You mean the glitch machines? Thocabuse machines? Stick wiggling, corner spazzing, never played a game of hockey in their life "gamers"? We need more scoring, wahhhhh. It's too hard to score, wahhhh. Those pros? Ah....got ya

    Thank you.
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    Nosleeves is not even good, he is pretty bad. Just watch the games he plays and 90% of the goals he scores are the short side glitches. Ofc he wants no bumps since it will make it even easier to glide and short side snipe glitch all game long.

    [Socair - edited for discussing moderation]

    True.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    The people who get paid to play this game are like .01% of the player base. And I'm sure they can command more money when they can do more by themselves. Hockey is a very team oriented game. They want to be able to be one man shows because they can demand more money.

    So these people by and large have a financial incentive to want the game to be LESS like hockey. Why should their voice carry any weight? Their very "authority" you appeal to is actually a huge reason to not listen to them.

    Ice Hockey, Field Hockey, Roller Hockey etc. is indeed a team oriented game - but NHL19 on Xbox and PS4 is in the majority played 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0 (i.e. the computer) so they are one man shows. At least most of the time, apart from those who play EASHL 3's or 6's which is, I believe, the minority, hence people valued for their skill at the game should, in my opinion, command more respect than just myself or the next man in the seat - with their Xbox or PS4 controller that is.

    You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.
  • 1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    barrett098 wrote: »
    Nosleeves is not even good, he is pretty bad. Just watch the games he plays and 90% of the goals he scores are the short side glitches. Ofc he wants no bumps since it will make it even easier to glide and short side snipe glitch all game long.

    [Socair - edited for discussing moderation]

    True.

    See my response to the OP but True is perhaps the one word which should not have been used in this post.
  • I thought I would be excited about this tuner but it actually makes the game somehow less fun than even before. That's really saying something, as I think this is the least i have ever played an nhl game a year.

    I think they really need to look at fifa and how they have made the ball an entity on its own. How the ball is some what loose when 2 players are shoulder to shoulder. Puck sticking on sticks for 25 years in the nhl franchise is pretty pathetic.

    I also hate how simple passes to create a cycle are difficult to complete yet defenders are able to make tape to tape passes with the opposition draped all over them. No concept of forechecking, puck pressure, puck battles exist in the game.

    Each year has some minor improvements in the broken skating engine and basically a tuner update regarding poke checks that get marketed as some major sweeping overhaul. Even if the game feels a bit better, the game is tuned to the level of being unplayable by January.

    Introducing the skill stick was great 15 years ago... Hkw about introducing something new and fresh to the overall mechanics of the game??? The move to the newgen consoles has really hurt the franchise in my opinion, as it feels like it actually put any roadmap to true innovation years behind and the current team still trying to play catch up.

    Anyways, rant over.
  • GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.

    I'm sorry @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS I didn't misunderstand you - I think you misunderstood me - what you see on screen isn't a player - it's the person holding the controller who is a player; hence 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0. I'm sorry if you don't see it like that - you're entitled to your option of course so we may just have agree to disagree.

    Also if you want to play real hockey put your skates on - this is a video game and while I appreciate that some people want an arcade game and others want a simulation experience I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a real NHL game; but I would like to see the players be able to keep the puck more like the guys can on the ice.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.

    I'm sorry @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS I didn't misunderstand you - I think you misunderstood me - what you see on screen isn't a player - it's the person holding the controller who is a player; hence 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0. I'm sorry if you don't see it like that - you're entitled to your option of course so we may just have agree to disagree.

    Also if you want to play real hockey put your skates on - this is a video game and while I appreciate that some people want an arcade game and others want a simulation experience I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a real NHL game; but I would like to see the players be able to keep the puck more like the guys can on the ice.

    No, I understand you perfectly. You think people who pretend there is only a single skater on their team should be listened to simply because they are paid.

    And your argument about "putting on skates" is a red herring. The whole point of this game is to deliver the best hockey experience possible without putting on skates.

    If I complained about the guns not being accurate in a shooter would you tell me to join the army if I want realistic aiming?
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.

    I'm sorry @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS I didn't misunderstand you - I think you misunderstood me - what you see on screen isn't a player - it's the person holding the controller who is a player; hence 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0. I'm sorry if you don't see it like that - you're entitled to your option of course so we may just have agree to disagree.

    Also if you want to play real hockey put your skates on - this is a video game and while I appreciate that some people want an arcade game and others want a simulation experience I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a real NHL game; but I would like to see the players be able to keep the puck more like the guys can on the ice.

    No, I understand you perfectly. You think people who pretend there is only a single skater on their team should be listened to simply because they are paid.

    And your argument about "putting on skates" is a red herring. The whole point of this game is to deliver the best hockey experience possible without putting on skates.

    If I complained about the guns not being accurate in a shooter would you tell me to join the army if I want realistic aiming?

    I've watched these guys play and your idea that they get hold of their 99 Gretzky or Mario and just practice their ice dance routines while holding the puck for 60 mins could not be further from the truth.

    I am pretty much useless at using the LT/L2 Vision Control - most times I press my left index finger down I end up getting my players face in the ice - but there are often times when I skate from the blue line, or even the red line looking for a pass to a better placed player but I make it all the way behind the net and out the other side until a defender or the opposite side winger is free. That would constitute some of the longest passages of solo play I saw Keso or NoSleeves12 conduct as well (I've not seen JoshFearless play so can't comment) but that doesn't make me a one skater team does it?

    The misconceptions in this thread make me think some people (maybe not you @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS but others definitely) have never seen these pros play a game of NHL19 and are just pedalling things they've heard from others or their own negative thoughts.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.

    I'm sorry @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS I didn't misunderstand you - I think you misunderstood me - what you see on screen isn't a player - it's the person holding the controller who is a player; hence 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0. I'm sorry if you don't see it like that - you're entitled to your option of course so we may just have agree to disagree.

    Also if you want to play real hockey put your skates on - this is a video game and while I appreciate that some people want an arcade game and others want a simulation experience I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a real NHL game; but I would like to see the players be able to keep the puck more like the guys can on the ice.

    No, I understand you perfectly. You think people who pretend there is only a single skater on their team should be listened to simply because they are paid.

    And your argument about "putting on skates" is a red herring. The whole point of this game is to deliver the best hockey experience possible without putting on skates.

    If I complained about the guns not being accurate in a shooter would you tell me to join the army if I want realistic aiming?

    I've watched these guys play and your idea that they get hold of their 99 Gretzky or Mario and just practice their ice dance routines while holding the puck for 60 mins could not be further from the truth.

    I am pretty much useless at using the LT/L2 Vision Control - most times I press my left index finger down I end up getting my players face in the ice - but there are often times when I skate from the blue line, or even the red line looking for a pass to a better placed player but I make it all the way behind the net and out the other side until a defender or the opposite side winger is free. That would constitute some of the longest passages of solo play I saw Keso or NoSleeves12 conduct as well (I've not seen JoshFearless play so can't comment) but that doesn't make me a one skater team does it?

    The misconceptions in this thread make me think some people (maybe not you @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS but others definitely) have never seen these pros play a game of NHL19 and are just pedalling things they've heard from others or their own negative thoughts.

    I've see josh, miviens, nuge, and others play this game at a high level in hut modes and the reason they are pro's is because they manipulate the mechanics of the game to win. It is not true to the sport of hockey and it's ridiculous to watch. It doesnt look fun, it isnt fun to play against, and honestly those guys opinions should not outweigh the rest of the community.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    1 player controls 5 skaters at once or 5 players control 1 skater each. There is never a situation outside a shootout when this game is 1v1. The new tuner, correctly, skews the game towards real hockey instead of glitch fishing.

    The last time I checked, 1 player controls 1 skater at once - if you can control all five forwards at once I'd love to see a picture of your custom controller and thumb suit which allows you to do that.

    You misunderstand what I'm saying. Each user has four other players he can make use of beyond the one he is controlling. The player who ignores them and plays the game like they don't exist is not a player worthy of listening to, because he is not playing hockey.
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    Bold: That's true. Except the game they want isn't the game we want. It's not a strategy disagreement, it's a philosophical one.

    As I said you are entitled to your opinion - as am I - perhaps the difference is I don't assume to know what game anyone else wants other than me.

    I want the game to represent the sport it's based upon as much as possible. Those "pros" you reference do not want the game to represent the sport as much as possible.

    This is a hockey game, it should play like hockey. Everyone has an opinion, but those of the opinion that a hockey game should not resemble hockey are wrong.

    I'm sorry @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS I didn't misunderstand you - I think you misunderstood me - what you see on screen isn't a player - it's the person holding the controller who is a player; hence 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0. I'm sorry if you don't see it like that - you're entitled to your option of course so we may just have agree to disagree.

    Also if you want to play real hockey put your skates on - this is a video game and while I appreciate that some people want an arcade game and others want a simulation experience I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a real NHL game; but I would like to see the players be able to keep the puck more like the guys can on the ice.

    No, I understand you perfectly. You think people who pretend there is only a single skater on their team should be listened to simply because they are paid.

    And your argument about "putting on skates" is a red herring. The whole point of this game is to deliver the best hockey experience possible without putting on skates.

    If I complained about the guns not being accurate in a shooter would you tell me to join the army if I want realistic aiming?

    I've watched these guys play and your idea that they get hold of their 99 Gretzky or Mario and just practice their ice dance routines while holding the puck for 60 mins could not be further from the truth.

    I am pretty much useless at using the LT/L2 Vision Control - most times I press my left index finger down I end up getting my players face in the ice - but there are often times when I skate from the blue line, or even the red line looking for a pass to a better placed player but I make it all the way behind the net and out the other side until a defender or the opposite side winger is free. That would constitute some of the longest passages of solo play I saw Keso or NoSleeves12 conduct as well (I've not seen JoshFearless play so can't comment) but that doesn't make me a one skater team does it?

    The misconceptions in this thread make me think some people (maybe not you @GOW_LIKE_A_BOSS but others definitely) have never seen these pros play a game of NHL19 and are just pedalling things they've heard from others or their own negative thoughts.

    I do not watch them. I based my opinion entirely on what you yourself have said about them, and what they have said about themselves through your quotes. See below:
    Jetset95 wrote: »

    ...I can understand that you needed to find a way to control the L2 abuse we've observed in the E-sports events and on Twitch lately. And I agree - having an effective way to release the puck from someone dancing the Sugar Plum Fairy routine in HUT is desirable...
    Jetset95 wrote: »

    ...The elite Twitch streamer I mentioned was good enough to show me his strategy to avoid getting bumped off the puck: It was to spin both his left and right analogue stick to keep the stick and puck away from the contact. At low speed, having already made the offensive zone using extensive L2 vision control to prevent pokes and stick lifts....
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    ...check out the interview with NHL professional JoshFearless and Keso...

    I think it's Josh when asked what would make the current tuner perfect he said:
    "...there's one problem and it's the incidental contact. So I can literally get my player - not even hitting you, not even poking you - but just run at you and you'll lose the puck. Like, it's insane.... it destroys the game"

    NoSleeves12 then asks Keso what he thinks:
    "I agree completely it's the incidental contact we're at right now because you don't even have to make a button input you can just skate into somebody and they'll lose the puck. It also creates so much variance in the game...

    The way they describe their play and opinions, and the way you describe them, convinces me they are not worth listening to.

    They abuse mechanics, play a game that does not resemble hockey, and they think they should be immune from losing the puck to incidental contact - meaning they oppose applying the laws of physics because they can gain an advantage without them.

    As I said, they're not worth listening to.
  • Idk why people think the puck is a magnet and It’s supposed to stay glued to your stick. Why do certain players think that If you run directly into a Defenseman or forward that the puck should stay on your stick and you should have perfect balance?

    A tip would be try to avoid the other team, don’t skate into them. You know, like real hockey?

    The game is 10x better with incidental contact, pass the puck.
  • LeFury_27 wrote: »
    Idk why people think the puck is a magnet and It’s supposed to stay glued to your stick. Why do certain players think that If you run directly into a Defenseman or forward that the puck should stay on your stick and you should have perfect balance?

    A tip would be try to avoid the other team, don’t skate into them. You know, like real hockey?

    The game is 10x better with incidental contact, pass the puck.

    It's not about running into a wall or defender - of course that would knock the puck off your stick - the point is when. you're skating away from a defender they can nudge you in the back and you lose the puck from the front of your stick. Completely unrealistic.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    LeFury_27 wrote: »
    Idk why people think the puck is a magnet and It’s supposed to stay glued to your stick. Why do certain players think that If you run directly into a Defenseman or forward that the puck should stay on your stick and you should have perfect balance?

    A tip would be try to avoid the other team, don’t skate into them. You know, like real hockey?

    The game is 10x better with incidental contact, pass the puck.

    It's not about running into a wall or defender - of course that would knock the puck off your stick - the point is when. you're skating away from a defender they can nudge you in the back and you lose the puck from the front of your stick. Completely unrealistic.

    If you're actually skating away that doesn't happen. If you're mostly standing still, it's realistic
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    LeFury_27 wrote: »
    Idk why people think the puck is a magnet and It’s supposed to stay glued to your stick. Why do certain players think that If you run directly into a Defenseman or forward that the puck should stay on your stick and you should have perfect balance?

    A tip would be try to avoid the other team, don’t skate into them. You know, like real hockey?

    The game is 10x better with incidental contact, pass the puck.

    It's not about running into a wall or defender - of course that would knock the puck off your stick - the point is when. you're skating away from a defender they can nudge you in the back and you lose the puck from the front of your stick. Completely unrealistic.

    If you're actually skating away that doesn't happen. If you're mostly standing still, it's realistic

    Even pushing someone skating away can cause them to loose their balance and stumble. This should make it easier for a team mate to lay them out or take the puck. But the way it’s tuned now the puck carrier hardly ever reacts to any contact, especially at low speeds.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.