EA Forums - Banner

Line changes in EASHL would be pretty nice imo

Been playing eashl since 08 and always wondered why there were no line changes in this mode. I think it would be pretty nice especially now that we see our stamina bar.

Idea I had was ur only allowed to pick a class once, so that u cant have 4 snipers. It would add alot of strategies to the mode too, on pk you would send ur two way or grinder, on pp u'd send ur best off guy.

Im pretty sure it would also change the tempo of the game too has everyone would need to skate to the bench every now and then so no more up and down only hockey.

Anyway, its just my idea but I think if think it would be a really cool add.

Replies

• Yes. And if not, anything along those lines to boost strategies in EASHL would be great.
  • I’d say yes, but with the caveats:
    -Significantly longer games.
    -a low usable camera angle.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Some kind of unforgiving hardcore mode would be fun every now and then.
  • Snapcaster1
    240 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I’d say yes, but with the caveats:

Lol I can see all the too many men penalties and trolls getting mad cause nobody will change with them and they stuck on bench! It would be utter chaos on the ice lol
  • I’d say yes, but with the caveats:

Lol I can see all the too many men penalties and trolls getting mad cause nobody will change with them and they stuck on bench! It would be utter chaos on the ice lol

Hah..your not kidding..
    It would have to be club only
  • xFilatov28 wrote: »
    Been playing eashl since 08 and always wondered why there were no line changes in this mode. I think it would be pretty nice especially now that we see our stamina bar.

Idea I had was ur only allowed to pick a class once, so that u cant have 4 snipers. It would add alot of strategies to the mode too, on pk you would send ur two way or grinder, on pp u'd send ur best off guy.

Im pretty sure it would also change the tempo of the game too has everyone would need to skate to the bench every now and then so no more up and down only hockey.

I love the idea! <3 In my opinion line changes is the addition that eashl really needs. I play eashl club games a lot. Sometimes we have at least eight club members online at the same time and everybody wants to play, so someone has to stay out because there are only 6 positions available. Line changes would fix that problem perfectly and would make the game more interesting to play.

When player's stamina bar is empty, the player has to go to the bench instead of sticking on the ice without moving for gaining more energy. The same system should work with ai players as well. I like also the idea that you are allowed to pick for example two player classes (playmaker and powerforward as a centerman, or offensive and two way defenseman) and switch them between two forward-lines or d-pairs. That would be awesome too! B)

Actually this is what I would consider a great alternative:

If we could choose a primary and secondary build. During an EASHL game, you could go to the bench anytime you want to swap between your primary and secondary build. This change would be purely an option and would no way play on your stamina, or penalize your stamina because you refuse to change.

Sometimes a game isn't going as well as you would like and changing up your build could be a good alternative to change up your game. Coaches do this all the time in real life.

So if all 10 players could change their build to an alternate on the fly, it could dramatically change the outcome of a game, and certainly the dynamics of every game.

Yes I know the downside could be that once a team has the lead, they can all swap out for Enforcers and just protect that lead, but they would have to sacrifice speed and agility to do so. That could also be used to beat that type of defensive play if you have faster builds.

If we could choose a primary and secondary build. During an EASHL game, you could go to the bench anytime you want to swap between your primary and secondary build. This change would be purely an option and would no way play on your stamina, or penalize your stamina because you refuse to change.

Sometimes a game isn't going as well as you would like and changing up your build could be a good alternative to change up your game. Coaches do this all the time in real life.

So if all 10 players could change their build to an alternate on the fly, it could dramatically change the outcome of a game, and certainly the dynamics of every game.

Yes I know the downside could be that once a team has the lead, they can all swap out for Enforcers and just protect that lead, but they would have to sacrifice speed and agility to do so. That could also be used to beat that type of defensive play if you have faster builds.

This is a great idea. If there was line changes like real life, even 2 lines and D, it would cut down on the amount of clubs already in the game and what if teams wanted to just play with 6 and another had 11? This has been discussed every year and every year, its just not really practical at all. Id love to see it but just wouldnt work, in my opinion
  • So much great ideas. Bottom line : EASHL Club needs some upgrades and this mode could be WAY BETTER with just a few more things. Keep the discussion strong on this guys !!
  • I have often thought this might be a cool idea also. Tired lines getting stuck on the ice from an icing call being forced to use multiple builds. Add a whole new element to the EASHL. If only they would get rid of the outdoor gear.

I also think that anytime human goaliles are pulled for penalties they should become the extra skater. No need for Ai to be on the ice. This would likely be abused so it should only be used available for delayed penalties or say the last 2:30 of a game provided that your team is losing by 3 or less goals.

This is a great idea. If there was line changes like real life, even 2 lines and D, it would cut down on the amount of clubs already in the game and what if teams wanted to just play with 6 and another had 11? This has been discussed every year and every year, its just not really practical at all. Id love to see it but just wouldnt work, in my opinion

He's talking about using multiple builds in one game per gamer. Essentially each player has two builds to use per game. He is not suggesting 12 v 12

Nice idea and potential execution.

Makes sense!
  • I don't agree with the build change on the fly. I like that you should decide what build you want at the dressing screen when you see what the other players have. Changing builds will most certainly change size, skill, etc. I like that you have to keep the same player. My compromise would be doing it between periods.

Otherwise, full team EASHL could be amazing! Getting tired, going to the bench, and changing out with a human would make leagues like LG so much better. You'd have to deal with getting two full lines, but man the possibilities. It could be when your fatigue hits a certain percentage, you'll get a prompt to go to the bench. It's these types of ideas that I can't believe haven't been implemented before in an NHL game and it's 2019. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. We don't even have online team practice. :(
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I don't agree with the build change on the fly. I like that you should decide what build you want at the dressing screen when you see what the other players have. Changing builds will most certainly change size, skill, etc. I like that you have to keep the same player. My compromise would be doing it between periods.

Otherwise, full team EASHL could be amazing! Getting tired, going to the bench, and changing out with a human would make leagues like LG so much better. You'd have to deal with getting two full lines, but man the possibilities. It could be when your fatigue hits a certain percentage, you'll get a prompt to go to the bench. It's these types of ideas that I can't believe haven't been implemented before in an NHL game and it's 2019. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. We don't even have online team practice. :(

Changing at the periods confuses me...almost like it were gear or something..where being able to switch a build with a line change animation makes sense. Your just running two lines, instead of three or four. Limits could be out on things this way as well. Like 45sec to 1min shifts for sim mode, after that your stamina goes down the drain..things like that.
  • TheMajjam wrote: »
    I don't agree with the build change on the fly. I like that you should decide what build you want at the dressing screen when you see what the other players have. Changing builds will most certainly change size, skill, etc. I like that you have to keep the same player. My compromise would be doing it between periods.

Changing at the periods confuses me...almost like it were gear or something..where being able to switch a build with a line change animation makes sense. Your just running two lines, instead of three or four. Limits could be out on things this way as well. Like 45sec to 1min shifts for sim mode, after that your stamina goes down the drain..things like that.

I see what you're saying, but maybe I'm going for a bit of realism here. It's like in a real game where you know who and what kind of player is on that line and you pick your strategy based off that. It would be strange to me to see a 5'7 SNP go to the bench and then get back on the ice as a 6'3 PWF. The whole point of seeing what builds others are using in the pre-game screen is so the other team can see and build strategy off that. You lose that with on the fly player switching. Wheras during intermission, you get to change your build there so others can see and adapt, while you have a chance to do the same.
  • Kriptical476
    377 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    TheMajjam wrote: »

I see what you're saying, but maybe I'm going for a bit of realism here. It's like in a real game where you know who and what kind of player is on that line and you pick your strategy based off that. It would be strange to me to see a 5'7 SNP go to the bench and then get back on the ice as a 6'3 PWF. The whole point of seeing what builds others are using in the pre-game screen is so the other team can see and build strategy off that. You lose that with on the fly player switching. Wheras during intermission, you get to change your build there so others can see and adapt, while you have a chance to do the same.

actually a huge part of coaching is matching players against others on the fly. Sure a coach is there for strategy but that's more than plays its jostling lines matching strengths agains weakness. Hot vs cold. Lines rarely go on the ice in the 1, 2, 3, 4, order, its always about matchups. To me this would be a good way to introduce realism in a way thats a bit easier to digest in a video game. Realistic would be 4 (or less depending on team/position) choices. To make it work you would have to be able to select one both as an established rotation but also some sort of confirm, or ability to change when your on your way to the bench. Maybe even a button to send your guy to the bench and give you a pop up window(of sorts) to select from. Thats why they call it chess at 30 mph :)

ps: oh ya, stamina with more choices the penalties for staying out on the ice, hits etc would all become a lot more relevant.

Pps: Personally one option is enough to get people started. Want it to be fun and all
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited February 2019

How about if both builds would be shown in the pre-game screen? You could still be able to build your strategy.

Anyway I like that "2 builds per player" idea!
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »

How about if both builds would be shown in the pre-game screen? You could still be able to build your strategy.

Anyway I like that "2 builds per player" idea!

Pregame would be cool. Figure it’s the roster

Sounds like a cost effective way to add depth to the game overnight.
  • In-game changes with no effect on stamina, only
    xFilatov28 wrote: »

I agree with this and I don't see switching the entire team for Enforces to be part of a downside, to me that's an upside.
  • jiajji wrote: »
    In-game changes with no effect on stamina, only
    xFilatov28 wrote: »

I agree with this and I don't see switching the entire team for Enforces to be part of a downside, to me that's an upside.

Yea agreed, but every upside has a downside and vice versa.