EA Forums - Banner

New Tuner Experience After The Beta

13Next

Replies

• Jetset95 wrote: »
    LeFury_27 wrote: »
    Idk why people think the puck is a magnet and It’s supposed to stay glued to your stick. Why do certain players think that If you run directly into a Defenseman or forward that the puck should stay on your stick and you should have perfect balance?

A tip would be try to avoid the other team, don’t skate into them. You know, like real hockey?

The game is 10x better with incidental contact, pass the puck.

It's not about running into a wall or defender - of course that would knock the puck off your stick - the point is when. you're skating away from a defender they can nudge you in the back and you lose the puck from the front of your stick. Completely unrealistic.

If you're actually skating away that doesn't happen. If you're mostly standing still, it's realistic

You may not have seen it but I definitely have lost the puck and have not been hit, poked or lifted to cause it. Only a skater bumping into me from behind.

Also you quoted me earlier in the thread ('The elite Twitch streamer I mentioned...') where I talked about an elite player showing how to avoid losing the puck at low speeds so this clearly is an issue.
  • Maybe hits different but I’m just not seeing bumps as a problem. If anything I’d probably boost them 5-10% but that’s me.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    The people who get paid to play this game are like .01% of the player base. And I'm sure they can command more money when they can do more by themselves. Hockey is a very team oriented game. They want to be able to be one man shows because they can demand more money.

So these people by and large have a financial incentive to want the game to be LESS like hockey. Why should their voice carry any weight? Their very "authority" you appeal to is actually a huge reason to not listen to them.

Ice Hockey, Field Hockey, Roller Hockey etc. is indeed a team oriented game - but NHL19 on Xbox and PS4 is in the majority played 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 0 (i.e. the computer) so they are one man shows. At least most of the time, apart from those who play EASHL 3's or 6's which is, I believe, the minority, hence people valued for their skill at the game should, in my opinion, command more respect than just myself or the next man in the seat - with their Xbox or PS4 controller that is.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

In theory I suppose that might make sense, but in practice a guy who gets paid to play has all of his interest in keeping the status quo of being paid to play, not in the betterment of the game.
  • After giving this latest tuner many games and almost a full week I have to say from a EASHL standpoint the game is feeling pretty smooth and very balanced offensively and defensively! I’m very happy with how it’s feeling! I feel the bounces go both ways and postional play is required as well as puck movement and creativity! Hits are in a great place again along with bumps! I feel the bubble is there but it’s defendable now and a bump can still free the puck from the bubble boys! From a guy with 1200+games played this year, this is the best and smoothest the gameplay has felt yet! I have to give EA credit for taking feedback and applying it appropriately! Still dreaming you’ll bring the “explosive edge skating” back to the online modes! I miss the adrenaline you would actually get from playing the game at the start of year! It really was explosive skating like the cover stated! I think this would solve the “speed” problem that many complain of. Most people would agree that was the absolute best part of the beta and release!
    A big thank you EA for listening to your fans and having the paitence deal with the unhappy fans!
  • After giving this latest tuner many games and almost a full week I have to say from a EASHL standpoint the game is feeling pretty smooth and very balanced offensively and defensively! I’m very happy with how it’s feeling! I feel the bounces go both ways and postional play is required as well as puck movement and creativity! Hits are in a great place again along with bumps! I feel the bubble is there but it’s defendable now and a bump can still free the puck from the bubble boys! From a guy with 1200+games played this year, this is the best and smoothest the gameplay has felt yet! I have to give EA credit for taking feedback and applying it appropriately! Still dreaming you’ll bring the “explosive edge skating” back to the online modes! I miss the adrenaline you would actually get from playing the game at the start of year! It really was explosive skating like the cover stated! I think this would solve the “speed” problem that many complain of. Most people would agree that was the absolute best part of the beta and release!
    A big thank you EA for listening to your fans and having the paitence deal with the unhappy fans!

Nicely said. I agree.

One of my team mates absolutely hated the tuner when he first tried it this past Friday. After about 3 or 4 games he likes it now.
    Just a matter of adapting.

One of my team mates absolutely hated the tuner when he first tried it this past Friday. After about 3 or 4 games he likes it now.

Anyone can adapt and be successful, the real question is, does he like it more than the beta tuner?

To me, this is a step backwards. For as many good things that it did (removal of broken/dropped sticks, goalie improvements, stick lift slight nerf), the tuner also has some side effects that are causing the game to be less fun. Mainly, i think this is being caused by the lack of contact consistently separating the player from the puck. Again, this isn't saying im not capable of doing it, it's that it was much more consistent in the beta tuner. Consistency to me is the key.

Anyone can adapt and be successful, the real question is, does he like it more than the beta tuner?

To me, this is a step backwards. For as many good things that it did (removal of broken/dropped sticks, goalie improvements, stick lift slight nerf), the tuner also has some side effects that are causing the game to be less fun. Mainly, i think this is being caused by the lack of contact consistently separating the player from the puck. Again, this isn't saying im not capable of doing it, it's that it was much more consistent in the beta tuner. Consistency to me is the key.

I found the puck to be just a little too loose during the betas. Disrupted the flow a little bit, imo.

I found the puck to be just a little too loose during the betas. Disrupted the flow a little bit, imo.

@WainGretSki agreed bud! The loose pucks were way too chaotic and unrealistic during the beta tuner trial. Think it’s very balanced now and fair both ways up and down the ice!

@WainGretSki agreed bud! The loose pucks were way too chaotic and unrealistic during the beta tuner trial. Think it’s very balanced now and fair both ways up and down the ice!

Agreed!

- Finally, we split the difference between Tuner 1.00 and Tuner 1.03 on the incidental puck loss distance tuning but keeping the low relative speed hitting tuning from 1.00

Are there any player attribute that affects Incidental Puck Loss? Def Awareness? Stick Checking?
    I'm assuming not, and its made Speed/Skating attributes too important vs defensive attributes.

I'd like the full incidental contact back, but with snipers/danglers less able of initiating it.
    EASHL player
  • PlayoffError
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Since the rollout of the current tuner it seems like the ability of the puck carrier to recover the puck after 'losing' it is ramped up.

I loved the beta rollback tuner, but the current one has been an exercise in frustration too often.

The thing that really bugs me and has made a big comeback with the recent tuner is the 'no-look reach back with my skate to recover the puck I just lost' animation. It's nearly as bad now as it was in its NHL 16 heyday.

The tuner notes don't have anything in them to indicate why this is happening so it could be just coincidence, but the below play happens multiple times a game now instead if being practically nonexistent previously.