EA Forums - Banner

Is EA Going to Reconsider Chelsea Dagger?

Sarreke
3 posts New member
EA, I purchased this game as soon as I could from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One X. Every year this is the game that I am the most excited to play. One of my favorite features that EA brings to the NHL world is the authenticity and realism. So, imagine my surprise when scoring a goal at home in the United Center and alas...no Chelsea Dagger. Sure, it is great that EA went out and purchased licensing for the Imagine Dragons, but at the expense of Actual True NHL Interactions?

Furthermore, when are you and your team going to reply? Any apologies? Better yet, plans to fix?

Until then..."EA, its (not) in the game."

Replies

• Sarreke
    3 posts New member
    EA, how do you continue to claim that "its in the game." Every one of your titles is boasting about an extremely immersive gaming experience. Have you even been to a Chicago Blackhawks game? At the moment, I would have to assume the answer is, No. What good is the Imagine Dragons for an intro song to the game...when one of the most memorable moments for people attending games is the Goal Song. It is ridiculous that this would be an oversight and not seen as a priority. I understand other Team Songs are not included, and again...what are you thinking?

If you are going to state the motto, "its in the game."
    If you are going to claim the immersive experience.

Then please fix this oversight and give fans what they deserve.

I understand that NHL is not as big as FIFA, Madden, etc...but don't put out a game and half-way develop it...do it, and honor the sport and the fans involved. This is a disservice!
  • They’d rather spend money on stupid menu music than to renew goal song licenses. I’m done with this game, it’s always one step forward and ten steps back with EA. Goal songs were immersive and now this game lost all authenticity. The fact that they never really mentioned they took them out is a sneaky and out right dirty business decision. If I could get a refund for this game I would but Microsoft is just as bad. I’m done with this series...
  • Sarreke
    3 posts New member
    Could not agree with you more. I have not hopped back onto NHL 19, and will not purchase another EA game with this type of oversight. EA has really lost sight of the immersive experience that its players have grown to enjoy and expect. The fact that EA has continued to ignore this issue without any comment or plan to resolve...shows how little that they care for their gaming community.
  • Sarreke wrote: »
    EA, I purchased this game as soon as I could from the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One X. Every year this is the game that I am the most excited to play. One of my favorite features that EA brings to the NHL world is the authenticity and realism. So, imagine my surprise when scoring a goal at home in the United Center and alas...no Chelsea Dagger. Sure, it is great that EA went out and purchased licensing for the Imagine Dragons, but at the expense of Actual True NHL Interactions?

Furthermore, when are you and your team going to reply? Any apologies? Better yet, plans to fix?

The budget was not big enough to have all the team goal horns, so they went with menu music instead.

Simply put, No Chelsea Dagger for you, at least, this year.
  • Sarreke
    3 posts New member
    So, EA has publicly come out and stated that they did not build a big enough budget to put the authenticity and interactivity in their own game? EA, who states, "Its in the game..." didn't even have enough money to build an authentic game. However, it is okay...because they had money to license for Imagine Dragons?

I would appreciate a response from EA itself. Why not address the fact that you and your team have dropped the ball? Better yet, why not fix your oversight so that the people who enjoy the immersive gameplay that EA boasts about...is actually IN THE GAME.
    So, EA has publicly come out and stated that they did not build a big enough budget to put the authenticity and interactivity in their own game? EA, who states, "Its in the game..." didn't even have enough money to build an authentic game. However, it is okay...because they had money to license for Imagine Dragons?

I would appreciate a response from EA itself. Why not address the fact that you and your team have dropped the ball? Better yet, why not fix your oversight so that the people who enjoy the immersive gameplay that EA boasts about...is actually IN THE GAME.

They addressed this at release. I'm not sure where it is in the forum at this point, but maybe a mod would be able to find it.

I am just as disappointed. I've been wanting the Sabres goal song to be placed in for years. If it's a money issue, I really would be ok paying extra money for a DLC. I'll pitch in for the copyright if it allows us to use the authentic goal songs.

To be honest don’t think EA paid for the soundtrack. the artists donated the music kinda like a way to get their tunes out to the public! Don’t quote me I’m not 100% but I’m sure I heard something on the radio talking about it. Some interview with 21 pilots I think.

To be honest don’t think EA paid for the soundtrack. the artists donated the music kinda like a way to get their tunes out to the public! Don’t quote me I’m not 100% but I’m sure I heard something on the radio talking about it. Some interview with 21 pilots I think.

Nah, this isn't true. EA has to pay for the royalties.

Here's an article I posted last month. It talks a little bit more about music in EA games. Interesting read. However, it doesn't make up for the fact that the music most of the fans want is not there.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7549145/electronic-arts-steve-schnur-interview
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Anyone know the reason why being able to upload and play your own music during specific times (goal, goal against, etc) eons ago went away?
  • I believe EA hasn't any ideas for NHL 20 so they take the goal songs away from NHL 19 and put them all back in NHL 20 as an "new thing"
  • I have bought every NHL game ever (except one I think, forget the year) and will no longer if they don't rectify this for the next installment.
  • I know I'm repeating myself, but EA should just bring back custom music, so we could have all the songs in game we like to, and they don't have to spend money for licenses. Everybody wins...
  • LeFury_27
    203 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’d love to see authentic goal songs or custom music return. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a soundtrack so bad and cringey in my life as NHL 19. I hate the colour blue now, I wonder why that is.. :D
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    I've merged both of your topics given their similarities & the fact that you've bumped your old thread. I honestly don't have the necessary insight to give you a straight up answer but I will say that I highly doubt we'd see it added at this stage in the game. I know this is something that fans are rightfully passionate about it so sorry about that.

For the record not an Imagine Dragons fan myself :/
  • From what I remember reading, EA could not get the rights renewed for every goal horn this year. There were like 3 or 4 that the NHL would not authorize, and one of the was MSG far as I remember.

Also, they didn't have the budget for every goal horn as well, so they took that money and added a tracklist instead.
  • MaxPac67 wrote: »
    I know I'm repeating myself, but EA should just bring back custom music, so we could have all the songs in game we like to, and they don't have to spend money for licenses. Everybody wins...

Fully agreed.
  • It’s time to let the music go. I can yell at my house and it plays pretty much everything I want, everywhere and I’d guess most of us do by this point. Sounds, horns, whatever are well and good of course but spend the money on game play, mechanics, etc. let this fluff go from a budgetary perspective. It made sense before music streaming..not really anymore
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    Sarreke wrote: »

They literally stop using "if it's in the game" 10 years ago brah.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    I've merged both of your topics given their similarities & the fact that you've bumped your old thread. I honestly don't have the necessary insight to give you a straight up answer but I will say that I highly doubt we'd see it added at this stage in the game. I know this is something that fans are rightfully passionate about it so sorry about that.

For the record not an Imagine Dragons fan myself :/

Do you see a possibility for custom music making a comeback in NHL 20?
  • BruinsHockey08
    1359 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Pooch389 wrote: »
    I have bought every NHL game ever (except one I think, forget the year) and will no longer if they don't rectify this for the next installment.
    This is what I see when I see posts like yours.

"Omg they don't have one goal song. I'm not going to buy the game next year."

Sure it's a loss but does it really matter that much? I don't think so.