EA Forums - Banner

Kicked for poor team-play

So I realize this is partly my fault. It happens when I am suffering in the faceoff circle and take 2 or 3 tripping penalties (we all know how easy that is). But the problem lies with the fact that in both games I have been kicked from, I have been a driving force on the winning team with 3 or 4 points and lots of good defensive play. Also worth noting is that in both games I wasn't exactly being destroyed in faceoffs, just simply not winning as many as the opponent.

This feature doesn't really do a good job of weeding out the trolls either. I think positioning should play a larger role in kicking someone out.

Replies

• I'd be willing to bet it was over 3 penalties, I've seen plenty of people get 3 and not get kicked. I don't think the faceoff wins matters, but I may be wrong.
  • Faceoffs definitely matter from my experience. Ive had bad games at wing with lots of penalties and dont get booted
  • Mr_Darklighter
    292 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just got kicked for poor team play. I had 2 tripping calls. Was winning faceoffs 5-4 and had a goal and an assist in a 2-2 game.

What gives EA?
  • I guess I would be better off just nudging my joystick every few seconds?

This game is atrocious now.
  • If you aren't paying attention for like 5 seconds and then take those penalties it'll kick you.

But troll and take 9 million offsides or lay down on the rink for the entire game, s'all good.
  • Exactly. I simply can't get get over the fact that in every game I have been kicked from, I was pretty much a lock for the firs star of the game. This auto-kick system only works for afkers.
  • I just got kicked from a much needed win (haven’t been able to get a win to save my life recently)after getting a third penalty in the third period. Had one in each period and otherwise was having a decent game. Very few turnovers and had an assist. There have been games where I’ve gotten 3 in the first period alone and even a couple more thought the game and never got booted. Guy on the other team this last time had two in the first and one in the second and didn’t get kicked. Was seven minutes away from that win too! LOL
    It’s so very inconsistent
  • Look at your teamplay grade. If it's in the red, you are about to be kicked. People are doing things to get a D- in teamplay.

Dark red circle in your teamplay rating and basically the next mistake you do, you are out.

Sadly, yes you can troll around and lie on the ice as for some reason it hardly affects the teamplay grading.
  • its a joke, you can skate around offside all period and not get kicked but if your battery dies for 20 seconds you are gone.
  • its a joke, you can skate around offside all period and not get kicked but if your battery dies for 20 seconds you are gone.

Don't start a game if you're low battery. Easy enough. If that's the compromise needed to auto boot afk people, that's fine by me.

You could also keep a spare battery/s near so if you do get a dead battery, you can change it before the boot threshold.
  • xTRx_ReCkLeSs
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    its a joke, you can skate around offside all period and not get kicked but if your battery dies for 20 seconds you are gone.

Don't start a game if you're low battery. Easy enough. If that's the compromise needed to auto boot afk people, that's fine by me.

You could also keep a spare battery/s near so if you do get a dead battery, you can change it before the boot threshold.

xbox controllers don't always warn you before you die, There is also a xbox glitch when you turn your controller on and off sometimes it doesn't connect to the xbox right away and takes 20+ seconds to connect.

Nothing you said is relevant anyway because the issue here is that the kickouts don't even stop trolls because as long as they keep moving even while offside they won't get kicked for at least a full period. I would actually have less problem with these type of kickouts if trolls were actually punished for skating offside but currently it doesn't kick out real trolls until its too late.
    Post edited by xTRx_ReCkLeSs on
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1134 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    its a joke, you can skate around offside all period and not get kicked but if your battery dies for 20 seconds you are gone.

xbox controllers don't always warn you before you die, There is also a xbox glitch when you turn your controller on and off sometimes it doesn't connect to the xbox right away and takes 20+ seconds to connect.

Nothing you said is relevant anyway because the issue here is that the kickouts don't even stop trolls because as long as they keep moving even while offside they won't get kicked for at least a full period. I would actually have less problem with these type of kickouts if trolls were actually punished for skating offside but currently it doesn't kick out real trolls until its too late.

The issue you posted about was specifically about being booted for afk because your battery died.

You can check Battery level by hitting the home button and looking at the bottom right of the screen. It's easy to check.

And I haven't had a controller take more than 5 seconds to connect in months. So the odd time I forget to change my battery before the next game, when it's low, it's 90+% going to connect in 5 seconds or less. Using an extreme example to justify your position is weak.

And every thing I said is relevant, as it pertains to your issue. Just because you don't like what I have to say, doesn't negate its validity.
  • There were two types of problems.

1. You get into a game and for whatever reason you needed to leave in a rush or are a troll and don’t move. After a certain time you get kicked. Good job EA problem solved. Sorry to the good citizens of this game but “S” happens if you can’t get your controller back connected but that is a small percentage of the problem.

2. Trolling by playing like a you know what. They are trying to put in some sort of trigger to show poor team play but it’s just not good enough yet. Only solution here is vote to kick. Problem here is it will be abused almost every game.

EA is trying but the community is solely to blame for this type of behaviour.

• Gifto73 wrote: »
    There were two types of problems.

1. You get into a game and for whatever reason you needed to leave in a rush or are a troll and don’t move. After a certain time you get kicked. Good job EA problem solved. Sorry to the good citizens of this game but “S” happens if you can’t get your controller back connected but that is a small percentage of the problem.

2. Trolling by playing like a you know what. They are trying to put in some sort of trigger to show poor team play but it’s just not good enough yet. Only solution here is vote to kick. Problem here is it will be abused almost every game.

Exactly. At least there’s SOME measure in place to attempt to curb the issue, but the community being toxic is the main issue and it’s almost impossible to police the entire community from finding a way to troll a game.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Gifto73 wrote: »
    There were two types of problems.

Hmm, how about this.

Have a vote option and select the reason why the vote is triggered, or what you are voting for. For example, offsides, poor team play, too many penalties, laying on the ice too long, etc...

Game compiles the number of complaints triggered by that vote. Now, instead of getting kicked, the game forces you to watch a video based on the vote input. In this case, let's say offsides. So the video explains how offsides work and also a lesson about how it disrupts the game for everyone else when it is abused. Kind of like pulling little Timmy to the corner of the class for 5 minutes and explain to him how he is disrupting everyone in his class.

User cannot connect to another game until he watches the video to the end, or until 72 hours has elapsed.
    I have a feeling after watching 3 or 4 of these videos it would become a hassle not worth going through just to troll.
  • It's all about your team play so your goals and assists(I think) mean nothing. Stay away from turnovers, penalties, faceoff losses and idle time. If it gets low start throwing out legal checks, even if they are completely ineffective it gets your team play up pretty quickly, or get back quickly on back check to get "cover for defense" etc., game the system a bit.
  • xTRx_ReCkLeSs
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2019

The issue you posted about was specifically about being booted for afk because your battery died.

You can check Battery level by hitting the home button and looking at the bottom right of the screen. It's easy to check.

And I haven't had a controller take more than 5 seconds to connect in months. So the odd time I forget to change my battery before the next game, when it's low, it's 90+% going to connect in 5 seconds or less. Using an extreme example to justify your position is weak.

And every thing I said is relevant, as it pertains to your issue. Just because you don't like what I have to say, doesn't negate its validity.

"The issue you posted about was specifically about being booted for afk because your battery died"

how do you figure? the first thing i said was you can skate around offside for a full period before getting kicked. My point was that it only kicks people who aren't trying to troll.

" You can check Battery level by hitting the home button and looking at the bottom right of the screen. It's easy to check. "

a simple google search will show topics about the warning not showing, showing a full battery when it dies or even showing a low battery when the batteries are full.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76800045
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/46bb6z/low_battery_notification_when_battery_is_full/

"And I haven't had a controller take more than 5 seconds to connect in months. So the odd time I forget to change my battery before the next game, when it's low, it's 90+% going to connect in 5 seconds or less. Using an extreme example to justify your position is weak. "

so then you admit your controller has had issues connecting right away before? just because you haven't dealt with it recently doesn't mean it's not still happening for others. It's really not a extreme example when even you yourself admit that sometimes the controllers don't instantly reconnect is it?
  • inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The game should also kick players who constantly call for pass all game. I’m still not sure why call for pass is in EASHL. You shouldn’t be tapping with human players and the CPU will find you when passing lanes are open.
  • Last night, 3 consecutive games I am moving around as LD, constantly staying with the play and for some reason I am getting the "get into the game" warning. Not gonna enjoy getting kicked for a false detection of being idle.

What the hell???
  • I usually go back and forth with how I think EA is handling things, I think the game was a really solid improvement this year, but I decided to take the time to test out a few scenarios. First of all I'm sick of hearing that "EA is listening to the community".....where? I spend a huge chunk of time playing the game and I have some genuine questions or concerns and they don't care because nobody is going to spend the money to compete with them, especially not for NHL. My biggest complaint is not that his team was faster or I couldn't score, my biggest complaint is that you are absolutely 100% in the dark on the reason EA decides to cast a cold streak on you. Of course, maybe its me, but with over 60 days of gameplay each year I have plenty of time to tell when the game just isn't responding to my moves or passes and I want to know what the reason is so I can fix it. I love a challenge and the game is so stupid sometimes its like winning the lottery and has nothing to do with any skill.

My complaint came to this thread because I just played a game where we were up 5-1 and the goalie decided to be an idiot and lay next to the net the rest of the game till we were losing 6-5 with one minute left. I finally stopped playing for 20 seconds and it booted me for poor team play. There is absolutely no way that an algorithm is making that call and again these posts fall on deaf ears and we can all just pray that one day some other company forks over the dough to make another NHL game.