EA Forums - Banner

How to bump off the puck

Just wondering if theres something more I need to do to bump someone off the puck??

Replies

• mshier6214 wrote: »
    Just wondering if theres something more I need to do to bump someone off the puck??

That depends which console you're on @mshier6214. On the PS4 you need to use the right stick and push it into the player - it's called the Hit Stick and it generates the classic NHL hit. You can also skate between the player and the puck and your body will essentially knock the stick off the puck.

On the Xbox just blow on them as you skate past and that will usually do it - for some reason on the Microsoft console the incidental contact, or The Bumps as that is better known, are completely overpowered and simply skating into the puck carrier is usually enough to dislodge him from his rubber disc.
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    mshier6214 wrote: »

That depends which console you're on @mshier6214. On the PS4 you need to use the right stick and push it into the player - it's called the Hit Stick and it generates the classic NHL hit. You can also skate between the player and the puck and your body will essentially knock the stick off the puck.

On the Xbox just blow on them as you skate past and that will usually do it - for some reason on the Microsoft console the incidental contact, or The Bumps as that is better known, are completely overpowered and simply skating into the puck carrier is usually enough to dislodge him from his rubber disc.

Lol yes on Xbox you can just skate by the player and the breeze is going to knock the puck loose
  • In on Xbox. Usually play a sniper or dang. 5’9” 176 and a 6’2” 190 grind. the bumps don’t feel Incorrect at any given moment.

When using a bump you have to remember the goal of it is purely disruption. As in if I’m trailing the play (north/south)and have almost caught up, but it’s too late to get good position on the guy, a bump is a good call. Usually I’ll wait until right before they are about to pass and then give em a shove. They will usually regain the puck but the pass or shot is gone
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Thanks everyone!!
  • Is there another button combo other then pushing up on the right stick?? I let go of everything else but just push up to bump off??
  • mshier6214 wrote: »
    Is there another button combo other then pushing up on the right stick?? I let go of everything else but just push up to bump off??

Exactly. All you need to do is use the right stick for hitting. Nothing else.
  • Eashl is a different beast from something like hut though... In eashl size matters, a little dangler isn't gonna topple a 6'6 enforcer , but that enforcer will just blow on the dangler and he falls over .... But in hut , this isn't true your little dangler can handle Zdeno Chara charging full speed ...