EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• > @Froommey said:
    > Would like to see the ,, last 5 game ,, statistic in each player profile in Franchise mode. Would help to see if a player is on a hot or cold streak. It would help a lot when intressted for a Trade. A part to bring more life in this game mode. Name the statistics by Team not added together by NHL or AHL statistics. In past you had like this. I do not understand why you removed that !!!! Why not to opnen past games in calender for review stats ? Should be able for all Teams if I want to watch this, not only mine.

I like the idea from Froomey very much.
    Playing the Franchise mode, I would like to see the line ups and the stats from the former played games.
    I think, that is important for a good HC.
  • HERE IS MY LIST OF HUGE IMPROVEMENTS

GAMEPLAY:
    - In Powerplay, AI shouldn’t be as aggressive as they are. Only when you’re about to lose control of the puck, they should react as if they have a chance to clear it. This would give you a realistic Powerplay-feeling. Wouldn’t mind if you could create your own PP-strategy either.

- Shooting. Lots of players with incredible wrist shots in the NHL. I’d like an improvement here so you can beat the goalie like Kucherov, Matthews etc. But maybe the backhand shots need more improvement. Crosby hits it like it’s his forehand and backhand shooting in NHL19 is awful (and has always been)

- Skills. If you want to beat AI with skills, you must avoid physical contact. Otherwise AI will put you out of balance. I’d like to use skills, skate around the defenseman whilst holding him off (like Arvidsson with his signature between the legs moves).

GOALIES
    - I know most people don’t play as Goalies, but we are a fair amount of people who want to master the qualities as a goalie. Today goalies are very athletic and make incredible desperation saves (see Vasilevskiy, Quick, Holtby etc) and I’d love if you could control this by manually making these split saves and sliding saves (like Price on Ovechkin not too long ago) and now just stack the pads and the “spread V”.

Give us full control over the goalies and all the different type of saves in the game, and playing as Goalie will be a perfect experience.

CLASSIC TEAMS
    - Considering there are legends in CHEL, 3 ON 3 tournaments, it doesn’t feel like it’d be impossible to get this.
    I mean, who wouldn’t want to play, say a 6-8 team tournament, being able to play with Oilers, Habs, Islanders, Red Wings teams?

We don’t need a complete squad with every team, but at least a 1st and 2nd line.

And by adding this, nothing says you can’t do the same for National Teams by mixing retired and active players. Just imagine a Roy - Orr, Bourque - Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux team up against a Lundqvist - Lidström, Salming - Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson team. Wowsa!

There are 5 million things I’d like to happen in NHL 20 and I often feel like they listen (although they don’t add the smaller things), but this could be the year where they do listen, get a new game engine, keep the improved player skating and add the “extra”.

And oh - Winter Classics must come back.
  • I gotta say that this year's NHL 19 is a cop out for next GEN consoles hopefully NHL 20 will be a set up... I've been playing this game from day one every single year I've done a EASPORTS walkthrough, I even told a dude to put mascots in the game at a AHL Allstar game, he said they wouldn't until next gen... They did. I think there should be way more live interacting with the real live NHL like a GM mode that you play live with the actual season of 31 teams... And you get injured players that go or traded players and you play the entire season... And you play the actual day of the game with 31 people and if they no show then it's vs computer on PRo or Allstar... That's another thing there no realistic mode vs computer that's like in between pro and Allstar like PROSTAR, pro is easy and Allstar is like 3-2 5-1 games shots 40-7 doesnt make sense ... ALSO IF YOU HAVE A OUTDOOR GAME LIKE WINTER CLASSIC... or Heritage Classic than you play on your season!! And what about Allstar competition! Make it too and the Allstar game!?? It only shows like it on the calendar!? I need to work for EASPORTS or a NHL hockey player that actually cares about this game maybe Brock Boeser I heard he was a top player on the game on year... How about posts statistics when you hit the post! And online vs is lag even if you have the newest modem internet 300... It's never like when you play a friend on a couch... Miss the outdoor rink games !! Back to the All-Star competition... It should be LIVE when the Allstar competition is happening you should get one chance to see who's the best at all of the contests then the following year you get to come play them in person if you're the winner... I get that they are going to say oh we can't do all that it's too hard blah blah blah... Well there getting tons of money every year from us lol.... Make the goalies helmets the same as the goalies at least the starters... I seen them editing them in there office with the pads too. Hockey card packs are so impossible to play the old players... It's like Draft mode only random players and then you can't get them pay $3,000 bucks lol... What about a league where you can pick your players like season mode where you can have full roster control and choose your players ... Also the NHL should have a league like the PGA where you have Champion League and all the retired guys that where Legends could play in have a short season 20 games original 6 or 7 teams and you could see Steve Yzerman, Pavel Bure, Joe sakic, etc you get the idea.... hire me EASPORTS I've got decades of experience playing this game I hope you take it to the next level and make it way better in 2020 4K UHD and bring back the Graphic company!!
  • MILIS95
    1 posts New member
    Hello,
    player editor from very beginning in season mode, more realistic likeness Tyler Bertuzzi ( head 102 for example on NHL 19)
    Add goalie mask creating
    Winter classic game in Season mode

At least I want THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GREAT JOB ON ALL NHL SERIES
  • suttybuddy1982
    2 posts New member
    edited February 2019
    #1 - EA is a corporation with the goal of making $. Fine. Allow me to download historic teams for $1 each. I'd gladly pay that to download the 76-77 Canadians, 01-02 Red Wings, 83-84 Oilers, etc. I would have also paid $1 per World Junior Team as well. If your goal is to make money, maximize the assets at hand to make money. I'm guessing 10k worth of employee wages could bring back well over a Million dollars by doing this.

#2 - Incorporate USA hockey already. I realize the NCAA will never happen, however I'm sure that USA hockey would love to be in the game. We are your biggest customer base. Your company headquarters is in California. It is a slap in the face to your American customers that USHL teams aren't in this game. Our economy is 10x bigger than Canada's after all. Perhaps if you focused on maximizing revenue you'd be able to add a developer or 2 to help keep your customer base from being so vile towards your product online.

#3 - Wider disparity in ratings. From what I can see, OVR range from 94-75 at the NHL level. The slowest player on my hometown team is an 82. I wish he was a 75 speed. I'm sick of watching a Defenseman with 82 speed catch a forward with 92 speed. Players don't have their shift reach a point of exhaustion, and often times I feel that the D man has had just as long as a shift as the forward he's caught. I've edited speed ratings and the gameplay has been MUCH improved. Problem being I have to do this for every update which takes HOURS!

#4 - Simplify slider sets. Ive had a nightmare with penalty sliders personally. Is it too much to ask for their just to be an average # of penalties in a game? This is all data that could easily be found.

#5 - This is just a small gripe, in Be a Pro why do I have to pick player type before position? This means I have to go down to position, and then back up to select player type. Why is speed and acceleration not next to one another in attributes? Try keeping all of the skating attributes together, all of the puck handling attributes together. Why does every player have their socks tucked inside the skates? I've taken on a project of creating NCAA teams and have found that approx 95% of players wear their shin pads on the outside of the tongue.

#6 - Why is their no vintage equipment. I'm sure plenty of fans have tried paying homage to prior players, creating the likes of Bobby Orr or Gordie Howe. It would be nice just to have some no name brown leather pads for these players to wear.

#7 - I'd like to be able to create a smaller rink. Not every facility needs to have 18k fans. As mentioned prior I'm creating 31 NCAA teams for a game mode, and none of those teams play in an arena that large.

#8 - Why does EA not have a gaming league? You outsource that to the likes of LG/VG...which is an embarrassment. Gaming leagues are growing 10 fold. Don't let others (who are doing an absolute horrible job) steal that opportunity.

I realize no game will be 100% perfect, and I'm actually fairly happy with the gameplay. A lot of the common sense stuff seems to be missing from this company / game however. Please listen to your customer base EA.....it could be the reason your stock price fell 50% from July - Dec 18 after all.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • 1 Please bring attributes back! Attributes were not the reason people didnt like them. The issue with attributes was the card system . Some people can play 350 games in a few week and alot of other people took months. Attributes gave us the freedom to create our player the way we want. Not the way you think the player should be. Most of the Players builds are basically irrelevant . Grinder PF and 2wF are all to slow. making them virtually useless in 3s . Bringing back attributes from Day one would be the best thing Ea could do. No unlocks for attributes everyone receives attributes from day 1 And unlocks all boost packs with in the first 30 ranks of the first tier player. No one would be at a disadvantage if you think people op players than you have the ability to do the same.

2 Please fix the PF 2way and grinder speed. most of all nhl players can skate now. Tom Wilson is a power forward who has some wheels on him . Look at the bruins 4th line Wagner and kurlay both Grinders yet both have good speed. I think all these player types should be at least at 87 speed tops. danglers snipers and playmakers all max at 90 . Closing the speed gap between these players would make other player types more relevant .
    Dangler sniper both max at 90 . Grinder 2way and Pf should be at 87-88 .

3 Poke checks and stick lifts need to be fixed yet again . Sticks shouldn't go through bodies stick lifts shouldn't be effective going cross body.

4 Ai Needs to be balanced. In almost all games One team has the god of all Ai. And the other team gets the love child of Helen Keller and Stephen hawking . Blind Deaf and unable to move. I dont think my club has ever gotten a good Ai. our Ai will skate into the side of the net drag the puck into the goalie Not pass doesn't hit doesn't poke check or intercept passes even though hes in the passing lane . While the other Teams Ai steps up and lays massive body hit poke checks and stick lifts through bodies. Gets hit but doesn't turn the poke over and has a Gravitational pull of 10 feet from the boards and then staples you in.

5 Board Play needs to be Fixed or taking out of the game! As i said before Ai can grab you when your 10 feet from the boards and already by him and then staple you into the boards and hold you there.
    You need to either add more holding calls or fix board play because its truly a joke!

6 Goalies Shouldn't be able to make passes through opposing players like they're not even there .. example Ill be standing in front of the goalie a player will call the puck out and instead of picking the puck up the puck goes through me right to the player who called it. this has been a huge issue for years and hasn't been fixed

7 Bumps! Little bumps should not cause turnover as much as they do in this game.
    Example . Ill be skating and get bumped in the back. My player will go forward and the puck will just stop dead. You guys talk about physics . Momentum is a thing!!! If i'm carrying the puck and i get bumped from behind i should go forward as well as the puck! Pucks rarely just stop in place. To fix this Puck control should be turned up a bit!

8 EA'S ICE TILT IS REAL AND NEEDS TO GO!!!! If a team is bad they shouldn't get help for being bad . We will sometimes out shoot a team by 20 shots yet still lose because the opposing goalie makes about 20 desperation saves a game. Or the Ai dman will mirror you and becomes the opposing teams best player! Every move i make the Ai dman Knows what i'm going to do. first off if you play 3v3 there should be alot of scoring so this crap with Ai goalies diving post to post or flashing the glove over and over needs to stop. its unrealistic as most goalies will make a few huge stops in real life but at the end of the day if a team is out played they lose. Example we played one team we out shoot 36 to 11 had the puck in their end for 13 mins to there 3 and lost because the goalie stood on his head for a terrible team that just cherry picked.

9 why is picking passes off and picking the puck up so difficult. Ill see a cross crease pass get in the middle of the pass . pass goes right through my stick like im not even standing there. Or when i poke the puck forward for a breakaway and skate right through or over the puck. please fix

10 Please add The coyotes 3RD jersey logo and the mighty duck logo to the game for customization !! even the old tampa bay lightning logo and the penguins logos would be awesome!!

Bottom Line Take the game you have now keep it but Make it like old 09-15 with the attributes and boost packs. No card system just attributes from day one and boost packs unlocked over the first 30 ranks!

• #1 - EA is a corporation with the goal of making $. Fine. Allow me to download historic teams for $1 each. I'd gladly pay that to download the 76-77 Canadians, 01-02 Red Wings, 83-84 Oilers, etc. I would have also paid $1 per World Junior Team as well. If your goal is to make money, maximize the assets at hand to make money. I'm guessing 10k worth of employee wages could bring back well over a Million dollars by doing this.

#2 - Incorporate USA hockey already. I realize the NCAA will never happen, however I'm sure that USA hockey would love to be in the game. We are your biggest customer base. Your company headquarters is in California. It is a slap in the face to your American customers that USHL teams aren't in this game. Our economy is 10x bigger than Canada's after all. Perhaps if you focused on maximizing revenue you'd be able to add a developer or 2 to help keep your customer base from being so vile towards your product online.

#3 - Wider disparity in ratings. From what I can see, OVR range from 94-75 at the NHL level. The slowest player on my hometown team is an 82. I wish he was a 75 speed. I'm sick of watching a Defenseman with 82 speed catch a forward with 92 speed. Players don't have their shift reach a point of exhaustion, and often times I feel that the D man has had just as long as a shift as the forward he's caught. I've edited speed ratings and the gameplay has been MUCH improved. Problem being I have to do this for every update which takes HOURS!

#4 - Simplify slider sets. Ive had a nightmare with penalty sliders personally. Is it too much to ask for their just to be an average # of penalties in a game? This is all data that could easily be found.

#5 - This is just a small gripe, in Be a Pro why do I have to pick player type before position? This means I have to go down to position, and then back up to select player type. Why is speed and acceleration not next to one another in attributes? Try keeping all of the skating attributes together, all of the puck handling attributes together. Why does every player have their socks tucked inside the skates? I've taken on a project of creating NCAA teams and have found that approx 95% of players wear their shin pads on the outside of the tongue.

#6 - Why is their no vintage equipment. I'm sure plenty of fans have tried paying homage to prior players, creating the likes of Bobby Orr or Gordie Howe. It would be nice just to have some no name brown leather pads for these players to wear.

#7 - I'd like to be able to create a smaller rink. Not every facility needs to have 18k fans. As mentioned prior I'm creating 31 NCAA teams for a game mode, and none of those teams play in an arena that large.

#8 - Why does EA not have a gaming league? You outsource that to the likes of LG/VG...which is an embarrassment. Gaming leagues are growing 10 fold. Don't let others (who are doing an absolute horrible job) steal that opportunity.

I realize no game will be 100% perfect, and I'm actually fairly happy with the gameplay. A lot of the common sense stuff seems to be missing from this company / game however. Please listen to your customer base EA.....it could be the reason your stock price fell 50% from July - Dec 18 after all.

Dude i love the idea of the vintage equipment. And great job calling out ea! They seem to not care what people think or say . which is probably why the game has sucked for the last 4 years!
  • A PC release
  • For Franchise Mode - I would like to determine how my player progresses....Similar to real life. Generally players work on their weaknesses in the offseason. I would like a certain # of hours to train, and then be able to allocate those hours to the player. Perhaps its only 10 hours per week during the season, and 40 hours per week during the offseason. Film Study could improve awareness, Power skating could improve skating attributes...etc. This would give us a much more hands on approach to develop our players, and be 100% realistic. For each overall upgrade perhaps it would take more time / hours (unrealistic to assume a player will achieve a 99 rating)....Ya know....perhaps 10 hours of training would boost an attribute from 75 to 76, however 100 hours would be needed to boost from 88 to 89. I think it would be perfect if the franchise was broken up into weeks (similar to madden) to achieve this. Each fresh week we would know to go into the player training and determine what each player in our system should be working on.

I would also like their to be a "confidence" attribute that weighs heavily on a players overall rating. If a player is performing well his rating should reflect that....and often times players do go through slumps where they don't play up to their rating.

Scouting - It's sorta a pain in the **** to keep worrying about when a scout will finish, as we have 15 scouts all finishing assignments on different days. I would like their to be an option where we tell our Scouts only to scout top 250 Central Scouting guys. When you just let the scouts do their thing they won't scout a player rated 100th overall, however they scouted a player rated 750th overall 10 times. This is hardly realistic, and realism should be the overall goal.
  • Leafs1952 wrote: »
    I prefer to play against AI. And i also love to play for a old players - i mean legends or just a great players from the past. Can you do something about it? Maybe the same hut game mode but only for playing against AI with seasons and divisions with pack opening ... maybe some other stuff ...

I've been suggesting something like that, a way to choose a year for Offline mode, where you can choose the year you start, like if you start in 1962 you can play against Bobby Orr in Junior A, when hes developing or Gordie Howe when you make it to the NHL. Same for GM mode or just a simple play now.

Same, I would also like to have an option to start out in Europe as an alternative to the juniors (Auston Matthews spent one year in the Swiss League with Zurich when his junior eligibility ran out, as an example for a reason to have that as an alternative route.). Or maybe if your NHL contract runs out as well/didn't get drafted in the first year, go to Europe?
  • I don't know how this idea would sit with people; but I think an interesting way to stop people from boosting in HUT is to integrate trading card collecting with the HUT mode; as in you scan the pack(s) that you get (Pokemon for example has done this system really well.) with your phone on an app a QR Code card, that is integrated with the game on the system (Meaning that the players that you get in the card packs are the players you'll get on your roster/collection.). Not only would it prevent boosting in great numbers; but that would make it fun/interesting to do because you don't know what you are going to get (Though I think a market for team marketing (e.g., logos, uniforms, etc.) should stay; because I actually had a team for a while that had the HC Lugano marketing on it with both McDavid and Gordie Howe on it.).
  • My wishlist is the same every year seems like. I don't play any mode except season currently. I would play BAP, but it needs more features to simulate the life of a player like interviews and other things. Some type of perfomance/career based story mode. My wishes come from being an ultra sim type of player. I want game stats to be as realistic to the real thing as possible, and to do that right now I have to make huge slider changes while wishing other things were just naturally in the game. If I could play 20 minute periods with realistic stats I'd gladly pay double for the game lol. If I had that along with CPU vs CPU simming that matched stats of games I let run or actually play...well I would pay $150. Just saying these are the things important to me. Not 3s, HUT, CHEL, or other "bells and whistles". All about "on ice" improvements to me minus a wish to revamp and expand the create a player feature. I know not everyone wants the choppy feel of the true grind of hockey, but the option for those of us who do would be beyond awesome. Here are the improvements that would make the game more "complete" to me in NHL20.

Realism Improvements
    You guys checked off one thing on my yearly list with real player motion skating. That is outstanding, and it feels good. This was the only improvement that I felt handled any of my wishes. I just wanted to acknowledge it before my gripes about what is still lacking 👍. These remain..

1.Increase Shot Blocks Accidental and Not
    In hockey teams get around 30 shots on goal per game each with 20 minute periods. If you run a full game on any of the EANHL series this total is 2 to 3x that amount. The only way I have been able to combat this is by tuning shot accuracy to the point that point shots hardly get on net even when the lane is open WHILE running 10 minute periods. I think it was NHL04 that had a shot block slider. Maybe we could bring that back? Outside of that I still see animations where the puck seems to find a way to magically miss a player,stick,skate etc by going through them or momentarily around them. Better shot blocking by both AI teamates and the AI opponent would allow me to cancel out droppping shot accuracy so much.

2. Still want to see pucks get deflected wide or off post by offensive players instead of always on net.
    Deflections for me are one of the most exciting things in the sport. That moment where you catch yourself holding your breath for a split second that ends with elation if your team scores or gets the "awwwwwww!" reaction if save made or misses the open net. To have this included in the game would also factor in on the SOG totals for those of us who want to play longer games.

3. More Dump and Chase by AI
    How many times in a live game on radio/TV do you hear the words "puck dumped into the corner by ----"? While I purposely use this as strategy or to "kill clock" for more accurate SOG totals the CPU will charge into the zone except maybe 3 or 4 times a game it seems unless on the PK. Could have a slider for this as well? Just another way to lower shot totals and maybe allow for adding time to the periods while maintaining accurate stats realative to a full NHL game.

4. More balanced Penalties/variety
    Penalties seem broken to me personally. CPU vs Human penalties are unbalanced. I get that that is the flow of a season where sometimes you get the PP try advantage and others the opponent does, but my team always gets a ton of penalties vs CPU penalties taken. Also the calls are always tripping or hooking with a sprinkle of slashing. I think with so many different penalties it would be nice to get a good variety of them. I know about the sliders, but it still seems to complicated to find the right mix to see them all get called through the season. If I tone down tripping, hooking, and slashing it seems to only take penalties out.

5. More realistic CPU vs CPU simming
    Though not an on ice improvement this is a HUGE thing for me. IF you guys ever fixed this I could live without any of the above changes just for what I would gain from it. If you sim all the other teams games but the one you control with 10min periods through a season stats get screwed up really bad. Basically the CPU stats look like they simmed at full games while your team stats are at the 10min settings. I noticed this first under the face off and goals stats. My top line center takes 12 to 16 FOs a game maybe while the CPU vs CPU sims have guys taking like 25 to 30 a game. I get a total of about 50 to 60 per actual played game where those simmed have 100 plus every game. Also the same players are scoring multiple goals in these sims FAR too often. I understand that happens in actual NHL some days but not EVERY game almost.
    The way I have to play the season to keep comparable stats is insane. I have to pick every team, play my teams game, then actually watch the CPU play the CPU with 10 minute periods. You can guess how frustrating that is. I have to sit through a ton of games just to play my next one on the schedule or sacrifice competitive stats. This in turn takes over my Xbox where I have no time for other games if I want to stay on course with the actual hockey season. It takes time away that I could do other things instead of making sure CPU games are running. It Als2o raises my power bill of all things lol. If I could just play as the team I want and fast SIM the rest with competitive stats I would look like that commercial where the guy just stares at his tv smiling as he watches TV when I play this game. It would make me forget the other flaws in terms of producing a solid full 20 minute period game.

6. Specific Player lock not just position
    I always create a player to use in season mode, and I would love to use the BAP mode lock on myself for SEASON mode. I get that is what BAP mode is for, but for reasons already stated I only use SEASON mode. If I am willing to sit and watch CPU vs CPU for realistic stats trust me I don't mind doing it during "my teams" games when my player is on bench. My need for this could also be handled by letting me do what I do with season mode in BAP by controlling all teams with cpu vs CPU play.

7. Create a player overhaul
    This has been the same for years. Madden had EAGameface. I wish NHL would use it too so badly. That would be outstanding.If not at least give us more power over creation to the extent of UFC create a player options. Gotta keep the ginger hair option though since I am a redhead (maybe tone it down a touch though) lol.

I apologize for the supersized post, but these things would be awesome for those of us who want longer games with better features. Trust me I could have listed a few more haha.
  • Crosby for nhl 2020 cover I’m personally not a crazy Cosby fan but I feel like he deserves one but if it would be for my guess they’d give it to Kucherov
  • NHL 19 gameplay is awesome and a huge improvement over NHL 18. I have a few personal items on my NHL 20 wishlist that I'll probably make separate posts for.

The small addition I'd like to see in NHL 20 is generic play-by-play names: Josh, Dan, Tom, John, Bill, Rob, etc.

A more complicated addition that I'd love to see in NHL 20 is face customization through sliders for nose, mouth, eyes, jaw, etc.
  • As much as I love creating a team, I find it hard to find a goalie mask that matches my team colors. I know that I've seen this topic posted several times, but I attached an image of my goalie mask customization idea.

Provide the ability to add a decal with a custom color, add numbers/letters, gradient or your custom team's logo to layers. Take the concept further and add a button for mirroring a decal.

Maybe in the future, user's can upload their own decals, but I thought this design would be a good start.
  • Franchise Mode is really fun. The frequency of stats is really nice, but here are maybe a few stat ideas to add in the rotation:

-Last 10 games
    -Home record
    -Away record
    -Conference/Division Standings
    -League Powerplay Ranking
    -League Penalty Kill Ranking
    -PP% vs PK%
    -Record vs opponent that season
    -Record vs opponent in history
    -Top 10 Goalie statistics
    -Player's career stats vs opponent
    -Win record when leading after 1st, 2nd, 3rd period
    -Loss record when trailing after 1st, 2nd, 3rd period
    -Player scoring streak

My only suggestions for Franchise Mode not related to stats are:
    -create an AutoSim AHL button option when setting up a Franchise. Maybe there can be a color indicator on the calendar to allow the user to switch leagues and play a minor league game, but the AHL warning message is kinda annoying

-add Cup/conference title banners if not already in the game

Thanks for reading!
  • Coop with online friends in Franchise/season.
  • The EA Team has done a great job at adding a variety of game modes. With NHL 19 offering a huge improvement in gameplay, it'd be nice to see UI improvements in NHL 20.

I miss the old days where you hit left or right on the D-pad and hit Start to begin the game. It would be nice to bring this back and not have multiple screens to start a game. Maybe L1/R1 can toggle the home/away jerseys and X starts the game.

I don't feel like there should be a confirmation menu when selecting Finish Game. Finish Game should finish the game. The Rematch button can go under Instant Replay.

I think that I suggested this before, but how about an Equip Now button when opening your rewards? It eliminates having to go to another menu to apply gear.

My last suggestion is to rearrange the tabs when completing a game. In Ones, having the End of Game first allows the user to progress to the next game. Having the Tier Progression, Player Progression, and Leaderboards is still nice but having those tabs follow the End of Game tab doesn't force the user to cycle to through them if he/she just wants to get to the next game. I still like seeing my Player Progression but don't care to check it after every game of Ones that I play. Maybe that or check the Network Performance with the square button and put both progression info on the End of Game tab.

Cheers!
  • I'd like to see a more immersive Be a Pro mode:
    -Have post game interviews depending on whether you played an awesome game or if the team did terrible overall
    -Gain fans as people begin to name you their favorite player in the league

Just fix the overall gameplay please. I'm always rushed by two or three players when entering the offensive zone (which isn't a bad thing, that should happen) but when the opposing team enters our defensive zone they have all the time in the world to set up a play because my team's AI lets them do whatever they want. Nobody rushes the opposing team so I'm forced out of position to go make something happen. And what's the deal with players skating at the boards to retrieve the puck and just running into the boards and knocking themselves off balance leaving an opening for the other team to go snag the puck. There are just quite a few little, tiny details like those that need to be fixed.
  • My 2 Cents

1. I cant say this Loud and Clear enough... In BAP (as well other MODES). There needs to be an OPTION to import a team or BAP from the previous version NHL19 to 20...
    If there is new attributes added to those modes. I'm pretty sure they can be approximated from what is availible...

2. BAP really needs some kind of OFF-ICE story mode play or Player Building options.
    Interviews - Pre-Game at Period intermissions Post-game etc...
    (Other Modes could also have limited forms of this available) This should also be something that could be optionally Auto-Bypassed. I am seeing something similar to the Coaches meeting type exchanges in Franchise Mode... Where answers could have +/- effects on your BAP and the other players even the Fans and players on the other teams...
    Endorsement Deals - These could have different +/- on BAP...
    Community or FAN-BASE Promotional Events - effects fan and community moods...

I see these EXTRA effects to effect fan turnout at HOME/AWAY games. Team/Player revenue/bonuses... Mood and playing ability of BAP and the team...

3. All modes could use OPTIONAL between game practices that you could use to run down plays or strategies... In Team play Modes this could be focused on the next team strategies... In BAP it could be focused on Line changes to strategies and INDIVIDUAL Stats... Meaning go towards building your stats LIKE training... With individual Mini-Games (Tasks) that could earn you extra training points. Also allowing or optioning to practice Deke's or passing runs or Faceoff drills with your BAP...

4. In BAP - Not sure on this one? But more control on player trades... Pretty sure the players know if another team is interested in them from time to time (agents/managers/ the GM)... If your comming up on being a FREE-Agent, there may be times when you may take LESS money to be in one team or another for any number of reasoning?

5. All Modes - ADD IN All-star game (With mini pre-game competitions) / Statium Game / Winter-Classics outdoor game etc... Still not sure why those arent there? "It's in the Game"... But NOT in the EA NHL19 game???

GAME-Play TWEEKS---
    1. Faceoffs - Improve reality in Faceoff Draws. Players sent out for early faults or false starts etc...

2. Board play issues... Seems even the AI Players have issues at the Boards. All the players hit them like their skating all out ALL THE TIME... Need to consider that the player should have some instinctual back down of SPEED/Power in proximity to the boards in a lot of instances. I know there is sliders for it. But that effects all insidental contact including players and stick's pucks etc.. And the weighting should be SEPARATE in my opinion... Maybe to each Type?

3. Better stick lifting options. Failed versions should not all be the type that can result in a hook/slash or tripping... Same with Poke Checks... But these seem under constant tweeking I'm just going to mention them again...

4. Again - Modes need to option to pickup in NEW NHL Versions. NHL19 to NHL20 - 21 etc... Since I'm mentioning this again... Let me add versions should be able to pickup as much as 2 versions back going forward. Meaning you should be able to "Add" your BAP or Franchises or Teams from NHL18 AND NHL19 to NHL20... Some of us may be interested in RESURRECTING our BAP Legend's from older versions.

5. Optional custom add in elements from Graphics to audio clips... Pretty sure this can be accomplished through EA Account

6. Keep hearing about FrostBite engine... Looked at some of the differances in FIFA using this engine. It does look marginally more real... Not sure how this will translate to Hockey Gameplay as the action moves at a whole different pace... But OK?