EA Forums - Banner

Game Speed

Has any consideration been given to actually turning up the game speed at all? The last few years feel so sluggish compared to the years past. Would this help combat fat man lag online (not fix it but make it feel more tolerable when it occurs)?

I feel that the slow speed is not allowing for a good separation in skill because it's dumbing down the skilled players to an extent.

Replies

• What game mode are you referring to? I feel like 6v6 is pretty good game speed wise.
  • You must be talking about hut or vs, if dangler or sniper get any faster in EASHL we will be playing sonic the hedgehog.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    Has any consideration been given to actually turning up the game speed at all? The last few years feel so sluggish compared to the years past. Would this help combat fat man lag online (not fix it but make it feel more tolerable when it occurs)?

I feel that the slow speed is not allowing for a good separation in skill because it's dumbing down the skilled players to an extent.

What camera angle do you play from?
  • Has any consideration been given to actually turning up the game speed at all? The last few years feel so sluggish compared to the years past. Would this help combat fat man lag online (not fix it but make it feel more tolerable when it occurs)?

Totally agree both hut and vs seem slow no matter what camera angle you play on
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    It’s definitely subjective if it’s based on what you like/prefer.

Based on reality though, it is actually already a bit quicker on the online default game style than the real world.
  • Fair point. But to counter that, some things don't translate over well from reality to gaming (i.e. Losing control of the puck due to human error, fanned attempts, etc.) and I personally believe that speed is one of them.

I'm interested in the feedback from other players on this one. Maybe I'm one of the few but the tempo just isn't there for me.

Try low/high/fixed during eashl. There are issues with the snap zoom and panning which make the camera unrealistic to use presently. However they do give a better perspective relative to speed. They are actually pretty fun as well...lol..until you get crushed (or a bit lost) because of them. Anyway..hopefully next year we get some more camera options. But until then they are an ok way to check game speed.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Fair point. But to counter that, some things don't translate over well from reality to gaming (i.e. Losing control of the puck due to human error, fanned attempts, etc.) and I personally believe that speed is one of them.

I'm interested in the feedback from other players on this one. Maybe I'm one of the few but the tempo just isn't there for me.

Try low/high/fixed during eashl. There are issues with the snap zoom and panning which make the camera unrealistic to use presently. However they do give a better perspective relative to speed. They are actually pretty fun as well...lol..until you get crushed (or a bit lost) because of them. Anyway..hopefully next year we get some more camera options. But until then they are an ok way to check game speed.

Just turn auto zoom off.