EA Forums - Banner

SLOW game speed

Anyone else notice online game speed/skating is much slower since the Feb 20 tuner & patch?

I get that game speed wasn’t “supposed” to change, but something is definitely different.

Replies

• Agree 100%, hit bubble is back with a vengeance also. Never thought they could make the game worse, but I stand corrected.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Agree 100%, hit bubble is back with a vengeance also. Never thought they could make the game worse, but I stand corrected.

Played 6vs6 last night and was creaming quite a few players with my 6'2" 215 lbs defensive D. No issues from my end.
  • 6v6 during the day yesterday. Didn’t notice anything one way or another either.
    All Comments pertain to 6v6 drop in unless otherwise stated..
  • Anyone else notice online game speed/skating is much slower since the Feb 20 tuner & patch?

I get that game speed wasn’t “supposed” to change, but something is definitely different.

What game mode are you talking about???
  • Anyone else notice online game speed/skating is much slower since the Feb 20 tuner & patch?

If your skating backwards with the puck it’s definitely gonna feel slower because it is! Check the patch notes! They nerfed backskating with puck possession! Other then that speed hasn’t changed in my opinion.
  • I have not noticed any speed changes or the bubble, played about 10 games of hut yesterday.
  • To be honest unfortunately the LT feels and looks the same and as for the bubble it's always been a problem
  • thegoaliezone
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Anyone else notice online game speed/skating is much slower since the Feb 20 tuner & patch?

EASHL 3s and 6s drop in. Skating forward.
  • Update to my OP:

Game speed seems back to normal today, but crazy lag! My ping was jumping all over the place in every game. Yes, hardwire connection - l never play wireless. EASHL 3s and 6s.

Despite all of the other connection and lag complaints people have had about EA servers, I haven’t had any connection issues all year until the Feb 20 patch.
  • Update to my OP:

Game speed seems back to normal today, but crazy lag! My ping was jumping all over the place in every game. Yes, hardwire connection - l never play wireless. EASHL 3s and 6s.

Despite all of the other connection and lag complaints people have had about EA servers, I haven’t had any connection issues all year until the Feb 20 patch.

Was going to post the same thing about speed, seems to be back to normal now.

Played EASHL 2 nights since the update. I see no difference at all on game speed but I am seeing a difference in my connection and ping. It got a bit worse since the update.

I would assume your perception of speed is most likely connection related.

Played EASHL 2 nights since the update. I see no difference at all on game speed but I am seeing a difference in my connection and ping. It got a bit worse since the update.

You know they doubled the ping on the network screen right? It's a visual fix. So if you normally got 10 ping before, it will be 20 now.
  • Rem0rse321 wrote: »

You know they doubled the ping on the network screen right? It's a visual fix. So if you normally got 10 ping before, it will be 20 now.

Yes I know this. That is why I said I see a difference in my connection. It isn't as fluid as it was, and I am getting spikes that I usually don't get.