EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• More Tweek suggestions...

More diverse commentary in GAME... Like Double the Content if possible? Keep hearing the same phrases over and over... This may be complicated by the limitless options each player brings, and limitations on scripting to the Voice actors space. But this is a WISH LIST... Maybe optional Downloads for each platform based on Teams or something?

Ive seen requests for more OLD-TIMERS. This would be cool... Maybe a Classic ERA MODE? BAP and Team or Franchise? Basically set in the NHL of a picked Era? Like the 50's / 60's / 70's / 80's / 90's / 00's / 10's etc... A chance to re-write history...
    Teams / rules / equipment / fighting / injuries all relevant to that Era?
  • a1xFREAKx13
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    i would like to upload my own music ditties into the game again like we used to back on the pc and 360,

would like to have a new graphics engine this one has beeeeen used for too long and isnt very good..

would like cross platform gaming so there is always games being played in hut and Vs and 6s

would like team practices for eashl be4 games

would like more control over editing uniforms and arena's, mascots, more logos added to the game so we dont always see only the cool logo's on eashl jersey's
  • I think winter classic mode with snow is a must for NHL20 and beyond it's a great hockey spectacle and a tradition in the hockey world its a beautiful thing. All teams should be allowed to play it.
  • Kevoispissed45
    1 posts New member
    edited February 2019
    Add trade override option! Trade difficulty is broken!

[Socair - edited all caps]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • we need the winter classic and stadium series modes. also to make your own winter classic jerseys
  • All I ask is to fix the problems with custom goalie gear in play now, bring back custom music if that's possible (I REALLY miss that), and PUT BACK TEST PLAYER IN CREATE/EDIT PLAYER. I used to spend hours on just that alone lmao. The other people on this forum know what theyre talking about more than I do so I'll leave my input to these minor but really fun features they took out for no reason.
  • Oh actually one more, The goalie's pads. Have them have their own physics separate to the goalies leg. When they're moving around the boot of the pad is like glued to their skates and they unrealistically flex a lot.
  • Another addition to my other post I forgot is commentary. It's past time to add some new lines from the guys calling the game. I agree with the others on that 100%.
  • I think something that may be beneficial to the upcoming game is to fix/add some animations for slap pass. Its not really useful in nhl 19 but is quite useful in the nhl and you see it often. If they added some cool animations like somewhere they fall on a knee after bringing the stick down and angling it to a teammate for the pass, and even some straight up animations where its a simple slap pass. Adding in these animations and fixing the weird aim for it will add fun new ways to score. Imagine being on a powerplay (which they should also fix) and making that perfect slap pass and you get a nice smooth animation into the one timer goal. Feels real good. Or maybe the goalie will make the highlight reel? I like to play the game with as much realism as possible, so i play offline only. Maybe makes this suggestion more for offline users but oh well. :)
  • I think something that may be beneficial to the upcoming game is to fix/add some animations for slap pass. Its not really useful in nhl 19 but is quite useful in the nhl and you see it often. If they added some cool animations like somewhere they fall on a knee after bringing the stick down and angling it to a teammate for the pass, and even some straight up animations where its a simple slap pass. Adding in these animations and fixing the weird aim for it will add fun new ways to score. Imagine being on a powerplay (which they should also fix) and making that perfect slap pass and you get a nice smooth animation into the one timer goal. Feels real good. Or maybe the goalie will make the highlight reel? I like to play the game with as much realism as possible, so i play offline only. Maybe makes this suggestion more for offline users but oh well. :)

Slap passes seem only to work against human goalies....because humans won’t and don’t expect it...as cpu goalies in thier programming are probably aware of button inputs.
  • After scoring in HUT all players with scoring points (goals, assits) appear in the lower left corner with a picture. It would be nice, if a list with all scoring players appears in other modes, too (for instance in the Franchise Mode and in the Season Mode). Shirt number, name and the number of assits is enough for the players, who get the assisting points. It is enough, if there is a picture from the player scoring the goal like it is now. Maybe it is possible to list the assisting players right under the goal scorer. In the Franschise Mode sometimes I miss the face off after scoring, if I check in the upper left corner the players, who got the assisting points.
  • KC21BUFFALO
    1 posts New member
    edited February 2019
    PLEASE ADD A REAL TIME FRANCHISE MODE LIKE NBA2K.
    Give the user the ability to start his/her franchise on the current date with the real stats/standings/current trades etc....

Also how about updating the Buffalo Sabres jerseys with the Black and Red ones they wore in the late 90s? Every year this is missed.

Career mode should start at Minor pee-wee and give the user the ability to build their draft stock.
    Also maybe use different announcers for the amateur games?

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Precision skating needs to be added back to the game. When NHL 19 Came out the devs main goal was to improve the skating. Which they succeeded at, it is amazing and looks very realistic. But, they did not implement the precision skating mechanic that used to be in the previous games??? (NHL 16-18). It made the gameplay feel soo much smoother especially along the half-boards. Powerplays were also better and felt more threatening because of this ability. It allowed you to skate slowly and draw in your opponent while always having your skates facing the net so you could sneak in a solid shot or a backdoor sauce in case your opponent got too aggressive. Vision control still does the job in most cases but it doesnt quite feel the same. Its a real shame that this mechanic was removed from the game having already in it, to me it seems like a step small backwards.
  • These are great ideas but it will fall on deaf ears unfortunately. Team strategies need a huge upgrade and player differentiations need to be more prevalent but I’m not holding my breath for it.
  • An I idea I got which is firstly credited to many, many years of buying EA Sports NHL Franchise.
    Secondly credited to all of the EA Sports NHL developers.
    Hope you all enjoy this idea, and I think it would be an amazing outcome.

Cheers.
    Dynamic Integral Emotional Presentation w/
    Upgraded AI Adjustment System: which allows each player to have hot streaks in-game and throughout the season, in franchise mode, and play now.

Franchise Mode as an option online also using an upgraded Pack Rewards system.

Create a system based around the coaches chemistry with the team which will effect....Commentating.

Whom, must also make timely based dialogue decisions throughout the duration of the game, with commentating options putting on a variety of different outcomes to each unique individual experience (NOTE: Playoff Mode extends deep in a deep in- game presentation system allowing the gameplay to get more and more challenging)

Player voices and chatter also is upgraded to give the overall feel of the game a hockey experience that is unmatched in recent and previous EA Sports NHL games.

Legend Teams also a new feature and an updated Be A Pro Career also... (which I have seen urged by fans)

What do you all think? Instead of saying maybe NHL EA will not listen to this suggestion, they definitely have made this years NHL 19 a great game so far..

Thanks for reading :smiley:
  • cnb17
    1 posts New member
    What about suspensions and fines for both Franchise and be a Pro.

I think it would be cool if I was playing in franchise mode and I get a match penalty for boarding (or whatever) and that player gets suspend for X amount of games. Would be almost like dealing with an injury. And in Be a Pro you get fined as well.

Just an idea.....
  • Be a pro is very outdated and needs to overhauled. The one feature that's essential and would single handedly make me buy this game and play be a pro right away is ADDING WORLD JUNIORS. I know you guys have the rights to hockey canada now and have some others such as finland, but just add the international teams you already have to be a pro. Similar to the memorial cup feature, you can start at the world juniors in your draft year, sim to the memorial cup, then get drafted to your team. Would be cool to add the World Cup of Hockey in Be a pro as well for once you're in the show or just a men's world tourney each off-season. Now moving onto the rest of the list.

- Different entries into the NHL: Choice of CHL, a European league like Matthews did, NCAA (make some fake teams like university of minnesota etc), free agency tryout
    - Similar to having expansion drafts integrated, have a lockout mode available to be turned on and one random season theres a lockout and all the pro players are scattered over europe and available to play the season and participate in the Spengler cup, or just sim the season if you want back to nhl. But would create a change of scenery to the repetitive seasons on the same team
    -Can be loaned to the world juniors in your first season depending on how good your team is based on its overall and rebuild status
    - If chosen the NCAA route you can be a last minute signing once your season is done and join the NHL club in March
    - Faster development. Sucks being a 75 for your first 3 years. Maybe have larger growth in the offseason
    - Have that warmup opening cinematic scene for your specific player like in the older games
    - Captaincy or alternate captaincy more attainable
    - Integrate relationship with management, coach, players, media again
  • It would be nice in GM mode to be able to alter "Best Lines" with preferred players or for the PP to have 4F and 1D
  • Adding to my post above: Another possible route to the nhl to add for be a pro is the US Hockey development program. Totally forgot about that, would be cool.

Slap passes seem only to work against human goalies....because humans won’t and don’t expect it...as cpu goalies in thier programming are probably aware of button inputs.

A lot of the times when I do slap passes they can’t picked off like a regular pass. They never bobble the puck nor does the puck get deflected.

Also Ai goalies are a little too good at reacting to them.

Speaking of deflections, we should able to manually deflect pucks into the zone at the right and in the offensive zone. Deflecting the puck into the zone will help beat the trap a bit better in EASHL imo.