EA Forums - Banner

Why dont I know who I'm playing anymore!?!?

Prev1
Why did they take the team name and gamertag out of the loading screen!?

You have no idea who you're playing! Might as well be the CPU!

Kind of defeats the purpose of online multiplayer...

Replies

  • And knowing who you're playing and being able to backout so you can cherry pick easy opponents kind of defeats the purpose of competition, which is the entire point of multiplayer.
  • And knowing who you're playing and being able to backout so you can cherry pick easy opponents kind of defeats the purpose of competition, which is the entire point of multiplayer.

    1. I never back out of games unless the connection is bad.

    2. I want people to know who they are playing (me)

    3. Yes, I'd like to know who I'm playing. This should be a basic feature and not even debatable.

    Do NHL teams walk into games with blindfolds on until the puck drops?!?! This is STUPID!!!!


    What's the point of naming our teams if nobody even sees it?! Fix it Devs !
  • No ......NHL teams don’t have blindfolds on....but guess what? They play the game no matter what. Saddle up cowboy.
  • No ......NHL teams don’t have blindfolds on....but guess what? They play the game no matter what. Saddle up cowboy.

    Great....so now you never know who you beat, just like you never know who you lost against....

    I repeat. What's the point? Uninstalled.
  • Band aid approach.
  • Uninstalled. Lol no chance you did that bud.
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    No ......NHL teams don’t have blindfolds on....but guess what? They play the game no matter what. Saddle up cowboy.

    Great....so now you never know who you beat, just like you never know who you lost against....

    I repeat. What's the point? Uninstalled.

    Check the recently played list and you can see who you played. The point is so players dont cherry pick who they play.
  • Gifto73 wrote: »
    Uninstalled. Lol no chance you did that bud.

    Seems like quite a few people spend a lot of time uninstalling and then reinstalling this game.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    Above1988 wrote: »
    No ......NHL teams don’t have blindfolds on....but guess what? They play the game no matter what. Saddle up cowboy.

    Great....so now you never know who you beat, just like you never know who you lost against....

    I repeat. What's the point? Uninstalled.

    Check the recently played list and you can see who you played. The point is so players dont cherry pick who they play.

    Yea because I would much rather do that, after every game, instead of it just telling me who I'm playing in the first place!

    PLUS, This doesnt prevent people from backing out...

    As soon as they see your team is stacked , THEN they back out... it has nothing to do with your name or gamertag, get real.

    How bout just removing the backing out feature??? Noooo that would be too obvious. Leave it to EA to fix a headache with a hand grenade
  • Above1988
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Feels like I'm playing NHL 2000 against the computer ....

    Why does anybody want this??? No one is ever going to recognize you because no one knows who they are playing!!!

    I mean am I crazy?! Give us our identity back for God sake!

    I dont need to hide like these people apparently !

    Tag: ABOVE1988
    Team Name : ABOVE1988

    Put it back in the flippin loading screen!
  • Above1988 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    Above1988 wrote: »
    No ......NHL teams don’t have blindfolds on....but guess what? They play the game no matter what. Saddle up cowboy.

    Great....so now you never know who you beat, just like you never know who you lost against....

    I repeat. What's the point? Uninstalled.

    Check the recently played list and you can see who you played. The point is so players dont cherry pick who they play.

    Yea because I would much rather do that, after every game, instead of it just telling me who I'm playing in the first place!

    PLUS, This doesnt prevent people from backing out...

    As soon as they see your team is stacked , THEN they back out... it has nothing to do with your name or gamertag, get real.

    How bout just removing the backing out feature??? Noooo that would be too obvious. Leave it to EA to fix a headache with a hand grenade
    And leave it to certain people on here to whine about nothing. If someone waits long enough to see if they think my team is stacked before they quit I’ll take the easy win.
  • j0rtsu67
    604 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't mind not seeing my opponents name before the game.

    And btw GT's/PSN Id's are shown during the game, at least in face offs (above user controlled players). It's there just for a moment though so you have to look carefully.
  • It would be nice if instead of names EA could flag cheater and puck rangers in some way so at least you could make a decision of subjecting yourself to the expletive deleted I just lost against.

    He got two lucky glitch goals and from that point on just skated around his own rink to avoid me having enough players to take it off him. It seems he was quite comfortable even when I put the AI on full forecheck pressure and 1-2-2 aggressive rather risk playing hockey and my defence making a play.

    Is there a way to get these guys / girls flagged at all?
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    It would be nice if instead of names EA could flag cheater and puck rangers in some way so at least you could make a decision of subjecting yourself to the expletive deleted I just lost against.

    He got two lucky glitch goals and from that point on just skated around his own rink to avoid me having enough players to take it off him. It seems he was quite comfortable even when I put the AI on full forecheck pressure and 1-2-2 aggressive rather risk playing hockey and my defence making a play.

    Is there a way to get these guys / girls flagged at all?

    Could block them via live on xbox. Not sure about ps4.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    It would be nice if instead of names EA could flag cheater and puck rangers in some way so at least you could make a decision of subjecting yourself to the expletive deleted I just lost against.

    He got two lucky glitch goals and from that point on just skated around his own rink to avoid me having enough players to take it off him. It seems he was quite comfortable even when I put the AI on full forecheck pressure and 1-2-2 aggressive rather risk playing hockey and my defence making a play.

    Is there a way to get these guys / girls flagged at all?

    Could block them via live on xbox. Not sure about ps4.

    So if I block them on Xbox they can't play me in NHL?
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    Jetset95 wrote: »
    It would be nice if instead of names EA could flag cheater and puck rangers in some way so at least you could make a decision of subjecting yourself to the expletive deleted I just lost against.

    He got two lucky glitch goals and from that point on just skated around his own rink to avoid me having enough players to take it off him. It seems he was quite comfortable even when I put the AI on full forecheck pressure and 1-2-2 aggressive rather risk playing hockey and my defence making a play.

    Is there a way to get these guys / girls flagged at all?

    Could block them via live on xbox. Not sure about ps4.

    So if I block them on Xbox they can't play me in NHL?

    So the theory goes. It's supposed to reduce the chances of matching up.
  • You can "avoid player" in the feedback menu and it's less likely you'll be matched with them.
  • Hopefully this doesn't bleed over into EASHL. I play solo 95% of the time and as a veteran I really don't want to be matched up with anyone who hasn't prestige yet.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Hopefully this doesn't bleed over into EASHL. I play solo 95% of the time and as a veteran I really don't want to be matched up with anyone who hasn't prestige yet.

    I don't factor prestige level at all. Just means they played a lot. I've played better games against level 30s than prestige 3(50) players.

    And since you say solo, I'm gonna assume that equates to drop ins. Personally, I only play drop ins on an alt account, and I assume lots of people use alts since it's free, and allows you to separate your drop in and competitive stats. I never use prestige level to identify skill in drop ins. It very rarely correlates that way. That's why you'll sometimes see a side stacked with p3(50) players and the other with sub p1 players, but after the game ends, they all seem to be hovering between 450 and 550cr.

    As far as the no gamer tag showing etc. It literally only effects being able to see your opponents name and team prior to start. Meant to prevent backing out just because you don't want to face so and so. Or hey, they're using Tampa, I don't wanna play VS Tampa. Doesn't impact who you get matched with.
  • TheMajjam
    794 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Hopefully this doesn't bleed over into EASHL. I play solo 95% of the time and as a veteran I really don't want to be matched up with anyone who hasn't prestige yet.

    I don't factor prestige level at all. Just means they played a lot. I've played better games against level 30s than prestige 3(50) players.

    And since you say solo, I'm gonna assume that equates to drop ins. Personally, I only play drop ins on an alt account, and I assume lots of people use alts since it's free, and allows you to separate your drop in and competitive stats. I never use prestige level to identify skill in drop ins. It very rarely correlates that way. That's why you'll sometimes see a side stacked with p3(50) players and the other with sub p1 players, but after the game ends, they all seem to be hovering between 450 and 550cr.

    As far as the no gamer tag showing etc. It literally only effects being able to see your opponents name and team prior to start. Meant to prevent backing out just because you don't want to face so and so. Or hey, they're using Tampa, I don't wanna play VS Tampa. Doesn't impact who you get matched with.

    I cannot remember the last time I have seen a P2 or P3 in 3s drop in, that has a freaking 450 - 550 CR. I believe you start off with 450 CR as a level 1, first game. In my experience, I can tell the difference between a P2 22 and a lvl 22. Not saying level and CR is the end all, be all, but I have won more with randoms near my P3 50 than randoms not near my level.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!