EA Forums - Banner

Vs Lag: Any excuses left ...

GrundleDemon333
107 posts Member
edited February 2019
for not moving to dedicated servers? In your HUT announcement, you did a fantastic job outlining why it is far superior to p2p, and really the only reasonable way to go for online play these days. ITS THE YEAR 2019. Your switch for HUT says it all. Why in the world not include Vs?

Tired of the game telling me it’s a “good”/green connection only for the lag to be inconsistent and awful once the puck is dropped (and too late to quit without being punished).

Tired of otherwise great games ruined by lag spikes (and the results it causes in the game) because the dude’s mom starts streaming real housewives of no one cares.

Tired of people intentionally lag switching or manipulating connection speed when they start losing.

So, what are we doing here, guys???
Post edited by GrundleDemon333 on

Replies

• Well all of those reasons are pretty convincing ...

Just played a game that ended up having a 105 ms avg, after the game said connection was “good” at the start screen.

Coaches Grade to Vs online team: F
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Vs got left out?. Yeah..I'll hang onto old gen man.
  • Well all of those reasons are pretty convincing ...

Just played a game that ended up having a 105 ms avg, after the game said connection was “good” at the start screen.

Coaches Grade to Vs online team: F

Prior to the patch, that would have shown as 52-53, so if you had pings similar to 50 prior, you're not seeing a change in anything other than the correct number now being displayed.
  • GrundleDemon333
    107 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Prior to the patch, that would have shown as 52-53, so if you had pings similar to 50 prior, you're not seeing a change in anything other than the correct number now being displayed.

I’m not sure why that is supposed to be of comfort ...

I wasn’t talking about the patch. I’m talking about how Vs is stuck in the dark ages. Like they explained for HUT, P2P is far inferior to servers. It’s long overdue to addrsss the nonsense that goes on with Vs connection issues and impact game results.
    Post edited by GrundleDemon333 on
  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I think every current gen I’ve played has had the exact same issues with connectivity. Thing is 18 was so sluggish even with good connection it amplified the frustration for me. NHL19 is back on the level of 16 and 17 or slightly better in the sense of playability in non-optimal connection.
  • I've been mainly a VS player for as long as I can remember - I won't every touch it again unless NHL '20 is worth a black Friday purchase and something changes.
  • EA really needs to stop making sorry excuses; and put some money into the NHL games instead of putting all of the attention on FIFA. No wonder they are going bankrupt soon/their stockholders are not giving them money!
  • I would love to hear excuses at this point. The crickets are deafening. I just don’t see how they can have anything left after the HUT switch announcement. But hey, everyone go buy some packs! That’s what’s important here.