EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st


Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Make EASHL Great Again!

Prev1
NHL13BLOWS
3 posts New member
I’ve been playing this NHL Franchise because of the greatest game mode ever to come to a sports game and that is EASHL. This year was the 10th year I’ve played and it’s literally going more and more downhill with each iteration. I would love to know how many people play this game mode specifically because I feel like this mode has to be the most popular and I would just love to EA really dedicate much more time to this game mode and making it great because it has soooooo much more potential and promise to really bring a bunch of people back who originally fell in love with it like I did. Would be super amazing to see a EASHL only game, EA NHL, just dedicated to EASHL and this community who plays this mode specifically!

Replies

  • zingaa1
    395 posts Member
    edited March 20
    EASHL doesn't make money, HUT does. I'm honestly surprised they won't make a HUT only game.
  • Don’t wait for them to make EASHL great again...YOU....YES YOU!!! ....YOU CAN MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN.
    Have some fun out there buddy boy!
  • Socair
    1766 posts Game Changer
    They made a lot of changes this year, some, like the drop in format aren’t a hit with everyone. The customisation options and bags are fun, but still need to be ironed out...like duplicates and not being able to unlock more items after max prestige (yes, Ones gets you more individual bags, but that shouldn’t be the only way, and no other option when your club maxes out).

    I’d love to see a drop in lobby return. Even if it was as simple as casual and core. You could pick. I’m happy with what we have for club and that’s where I spend my time, but there needs to be something for those that can’t club, but want a traditional drop in experience.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • NHL13BLOWS
    3 posts New member
    [quote="zingaa1;c-2058482"]EASHL doesn't make money, HUT does. I'm honestly surprised they won't make a HUT only game. [/quote]

    Man this is so sad yet so true!! God I hate HUT for that reason specifically
  • NHL13BLOWS wrote: »
    I’ve been playing this NHL Franchise because of the greatest game mode ever to come to a sports game and that is EASHL. This year was the 10th year I’ve played and it’s literally going more and more downhill with each iteration. I would love to know how many people play this game mode specifically because I feel like this mode has to be the most popular and I would just love to EA really dedicate much more time to this game mode and making it great because it has soooooo much more potential and promise to really bring a bunch of people back who originally fell in love with it like I did. Would be super amazing to see a EASHL only game, EA NHL, just dedicated to EASHL and this community who plays this mode specifically!

    You wouldn't even need to be affiliated to the NHL. If it is EASHL only with your own players the developer (EA or maybe, just maybe another company) would not even have to pay for NHL licenses saving some money helping their profit line a bit.

    I would love this and I would love to see how many players play what. Averages, maxes etc for a year. I know HUT is the cash grab but I want to know popularity.

  • Socair wrote: »
    They made a lot of changes this year, some, like the drop in format aren’t a hit with everyone. The customisation options and bags are fun, but still need to be ironed out...like duplicates and not being able to unlock more items after max prestige (yes, Ones gets you more individual bags, but that shouldn’t be the only way, and no other option when your club maxes out).

    I’d love to see a drop in lobby return. Even if it was as simple as casual and core. You could pick. I’m happy with what we have for club and that’s where I spend my time, but there needs to be something for those that can’t club, but want a traditional drop in experience.

    They had some good things in place already and removed them without anybody wanting such.

    The drop in lobby rooms, as you mentioned, were a prime example. Practice room in club should never have been removed either and last but not least, these pre-fabricated builds are total trash. They need to revert to how EASHL was and what made EASHL fun and exciting. 350 games to Legend 3 was a bit much but the 150 games was fine. These boosts for the builds are silly. Some have too many negative counters that renders them pointless. It really takes the creativity out of the game now with people only using certain builds because of their meta qualities. They removed stick and skate blade curve, stick flex, etc which was unwarranted as well.

    I feel these hockey bags of cosmetic gear is a nice touch if you are into that sort of thing but it has no bearing on the gameplay which should be the main focal point. You dress me head to toe in all gold hockey gear but if the game plays poorly, the inclusion of these gimmicks go by the way side.

    If it were me, I would have made cosmetic gear dlc and put more time n effort into adding features the loyal, consistent fanbase wanted but what do I know, I'm just some goof on these here forums that nobody likes and wont even consider any ideas I have put forth.
  • rcompton78 wrote: »
    NHL13BLOWS wrote: »
    I’ve been playing this NHL Franchise because of the greatest game mode ever to come to a sports game and that is EASHL. This year was the 10th year I’ve played and it’s literally going more and more downhill with each iteration. I would love to know how many people play this game mode specifically because I feel like this mode has to be the most popular and I would just love to EA really dedicate much more time to this game mode and making it great because it has soooooo much more potential and promise to really bring a bunch of people back who originally fell in love with it like I did. Would be super amazing to see a EASHL only game, EA NHL, just dedicated to EASHL and this community who plays this mode specifically!

    You wouldn't even need to be affiliated to the NHL. If it is EASHL only with your own players the developer (EA or maybe, just maybe another company) would not even have to pay for NHL licenses saving some money helping their profit line a bit.

    I would love this and I would love to see how many players play what. Averages, maxes etc for a year. I know HUT is the cash grab but I want to know popularity.

    I agree. I would absolutely buy and play a hockey game that's EASHL style only focused. I would care less if it had NHL affiliations. I just want a virtually simulated hockey experience with realistic gameplay and physics. I think there's a reddit post about Sony Interactive making a hockey game. A buddy who plays LG said they were discussing it and had posted a link on the LG site. I didn't read the post myself so I have no clue but I do have my fingers crossed.
  • This start is some sort disclaimer as I don't want to be viewed as a gushing fanboy. I can be one of EA's harshest critics but... I think EASHL is the best thing going in all of EA Sports titles. Of course, I am always going to welcome innovation and expansion upon a good thing, and I know that some people might not be fans of some of the directions that the game mode has taken, but it could be so much worse. At least the NHL team focuses on aspects of the game OTHER than HUT.

    NBA Live has a bland and uninteresting OTP format. It basically gives people the option of either 3's or 5's drop in games in either vs. or co-op. There is no structured 'league' format and certainly no 'clubs'. Because Live lacks the EASHL model of team play, it's still second rate to 2k. Give NBA LIve everything that NHL has with EASHL, and Live is back on top with that alone.

    I personally feel like Ultimate Team, or what I like to call 'Ultimate Scheme', is and was the complete and utter downslide of the Madden franchise. That's what I mean when I say it could be worse....It could be Madden! Madden has made no significant improvements to gameplay, franchise, or anything else since the inception of MUT. This is for the exact reason that zingaa1 stated above, because the other modes (that put Madden and EA on the map) don't rake in the money.

    Madden brought back team play in 18 but tied it completely to MUT. No customization, no leveling up your individual player and mastering different positions, certainly no custom stadiums, and certainly no clubs, stat tracking, unlocks, equipment, etc. None of that.

    Basically, Madden OTP consists of playing 3's with the Offensive coordinator bringing his MUT offense and calling offensive plays, D coord brings his MUT defense and calls the defensive plays, and a "Head Coach" that does nothing but bring the stadium and uniforms, and accepts or declines penalties. You can't even play OTP with stock teams! You are forced into playing Ultimate Scheme if you want to play OTP.

    Combine the lame Madden OTP tied to MUT format with the fact that cheese tactics have not only gone unaddressed for over a decade, but are pretty much encouraged in order to be 'good at the game', and Madden has become the epitome of evil! That is what I mean when I say things could be so much worse.

    In my opinion, NHL has been EA's best sports title since they began OTP. I think it has improved tenfold since it's inauguration. Not just OTP, but overall gameplay and realism has improved significantly since they started OTP and probably BECAUSE of OTP.

    I play OTP exclusively. I buy NHL just for OTP. I am from the Southern U.S. where there is virtually no possibility of playing ice hockey. I have a strong background in American football so when I prop up NHL over Madden, it is for good and what I believe to be righteous reasons.

    Of course, they should always strive to improve it. A few things that I think could improve OTP and/or EASHL are:
    -Go nuts with the customization options. More hair, faces, beards, clothes, equipment, etc.

    -Let everyone create an arena (this is an area that NBA Live exceeds NHL) not just club founders. Then let us feature and play in our created arenas when we are home captains in drop in games. Arena unlockables such as designs and presentations could be part of the leveling up system. For that matter, let us design and use drop in uniforms when we are captains...even if its just the jerseys. I think the stock hoodies and playing as either just the Hammerheads or Lions kinds of sucks.

    -More divisional tiers and actual playoff brackets. The generic random matchup brackets are played out. Maybe even let us create our own conferences or leagues that are invite only. They don't have to level up the club but can still level up individuals. This would be a fun way compete against rival clubs that play with the same numbers or in the same general time windows.

    -Ability to have lines and/or subs. If FIFA can give us 11's, then NHL should be able to give us the ability to delegate line assignments. Something as simple as just having PP, PK, and Line 2 would be neat. Goal tender having a rough game? Why not have the ability to swap him out? These things are probably complex and tough to do as far as programming, but if we can have 15-20-25 club members, it seems like a no-brainer to have clubs that play with 10s or 12s in some real, upper echelon, simulation style video game hockey.

    -Free agency, journeyman, payroll system. Take EASHL to a whole greater level. Imagine the possibilities! I will elaborate on this tomorrow.
  • EASHL 6's is the only game mode I play.
  • I miss the stick curve and skate blade stuff as previously mentioned. More customization is almost always a good thing.

    Also I've been posting about otp lobbies ever since they got rid of them. The match making is far better this year but nothing beats merging lobbies with people dropping in as well. This was also how you meet other players to play club with etc. It was a community hub and that is needed in a game where the population isn't near that of say Battlefront or Battlefield
  • NHL13BLOWS
    3 posts New member
    More customization is always better!!
  • What was fun in eashl before was that we were playing for an end of the year prize. Teams were trying to finish 1st overall each months so they could participate in the playoffs ea were holding. They were alot more clubs because of that.
    If they could bring an end of the year playoffs with prizes like they used too, eashl would be great again (with better servers)

    Prize could just be a free copy of next year edition or something like that, doesn't have to be big.. just something to play for.

  • BassMan_PC
    324 posts Member
    edited March 21
    They have to fix the dressing room errors and bring back the old drop-in format for it to be great again. Otherwise, there is not much hope. Also, bringing back a proper session rollover in drop-in where you can continue on with team mates you met should be a priority.
  • This start is some sort disclaimer as I don't want to be viewed as a gushing fanboy. I can be one of EA's harshest critics but... I think EASHL is the best thing going in all of EA Sports titles. Of course, I am always going to welcome innovation and expansion upon a good thing, and I know that some people might not be fans of some of the directions that the game mode has taken, but it could be so much worse. At least the NHL team focuses on aspects of the game OTHER than HUT.

    NBA Live has a bland and uninteresting OTP format. It basically gives people the option of either 3's or 5's drop in games in either vs. or co-op. There is no structured 'league' format and certainly no 'clubs'. Because Live lacks the EASHL model of team play, it's still second rate to 2k. Give NBA LIve everything that NHL has with EASHL, and Live is back on top with that alone.

    I personally feel like Ultimate Team, or what I like to call 'Ultimate Scheme', is and was the complete and utter downslide of the Madden franchise. That's what I mean when I say it could be worse....It could be Madden! Madden has made no significant improvements to gameplay, franchise, or anything else since the inception of MUT. This is for the exact reason that zingaa1 stated above, because the other modes (that put Madden and EA on the map) don't rake in the money.

    Madden brought back team play in 18 but tied it completely to MUT. No customization, no leveling up your individual player and mastering different positions, certainly no custom stadiums, and certainly no clubs, stat tracking, unlocks, equipment, etc. None of that.

    Basically, Madden OTP consists of playing 3's with the Offensive coordinator bringing his MUT offense and calling offensive plays, D coord brings his MUT defense and calls the defensive plays, and a "Head Coach" that does nothing but bring the stadium and uniforms, and accepts or declines penalties. You can't even play OTP with stock teams! You are forced into playing Ultimate Scheme if you want to play OTP.

    Combine the lame Madden OTP tied to MUT format with the fact that cheese tactics have not only gone unaddressed for over a decade, but are pretty much encouraged in order to be 'good at the game', and Madden has become the epitome of evil! That is what I mean when I say things could be so much worse.

    In my opinion, NHL has been EA's best sports title since they began OTP. I think it has improved tenfold since it's inauguration. Not just OTP, but overall gameplay and realism has improved significantly since they started OTP and probably BECAUSE of OTP.

    I play OTP exclusively. I buy NHL just for OTP. I am from the Southern U.S. where there is virtually no possibility of playing ice hockey. I have a strong background in American football so when I prop up NHL over Madden, it is for good and what I believe to be righteous reasons.

    Of course, they should always strive to improve it. A few things that I think could improve OTP and/or EASHL are:
    -Go nuts with the customization options. More hair, faces, beards, clothes, equipment, etc.

    -Let everyone create an arena (this is an area that NBA Live exceeds NHL) not just club founders. Then let us feature and play in our created arenas when we are home captains in drop in games. Arena unlockables such as designs and presentations could be part of the leveling up system. For that matter, let us design and use drop in uniforms when we are captains...even if its just the jerseys. I think the stock hoodies and playing as either just the Hammerheads or Lions kinds of sucks.

    -More divisional tiers and actual playoff brackets. The generic random matchup brackets are played out. Maybe even let us create our own conferences or leagues that are invite only. They don't have to level up the club but can still level up individuals. This would be a fun way compete against rival clubs that play with the same numbers or in the same general time windows.

    -Ability to have lines and/or subs. If FIFA can give us 11's, then NHL should be able to give us the ability to delegate line assignments. Something as simple as just having PP, PK, and Line 2 would be neat. Goal tender having a rough game? Why not have the ability to swap him out? These things are probably complex and tough to do as far as programming, but if we can have 15-20-25 club members, it seems like a no-brainer to have clubs that play with 10s or 12s in some real, upper echelon, simulation style video game hockey.

    -Free agency, journeyman, payroll system. Take EASHL to a whole greater level. Imagine the possibilities! I will elaborate on this tomorrow.

    Very long post, but it was a good read. Nicely said.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    They have to fix the dressing room errors and bring back the old drop-in format for it to be great again. Otherwise, there is not much hope. Also, bringing back a proper session rollover in drop-in where you can continue on with team mates you met should be a priority.

    I couldn't agree more. Seriously, we need to carry over with current players. How is this not done, or a priority yet?
  • zingaa1
    395 posts Member
    EASHL will never get back to it's glory days, that ship has sailed. After this year especially, I have lost all confidence in their ability to do anything right or to do anything that would improve this game.

    For them to just ignore DRE's and drop in rollover is just embarrassing.
  • NHL13BLOWS
    3 posts New member
    [quote="WainGretSki;c-2058910"][quote="BassMan_PC;c-2058817"]They have to fix the dressing room errors and bring back the old drop-in format for it to be great again. Otherwise, there is not much hope. [b]Also, bringing back a proper session rollover in drop-in where you can continue on with team mates you met should be a priority[/b]. [/quote]

    I couldn't agree more. Seriously, we need to carry over with current players. How is this not done, or a priority yet?[/quote]

    [quote="WainGretSki;c-2058910"][quote="BassMan_PC;c-2058817"]They have to fix the dressing room errors and bring back the old drop-in format for it to be great again. Otherwise, there is not much hope. [b]Also, bringing back a proper session rollover in drop-in where you can continue on with team mates you met should be a priority[/b]. [/quote]

    I couldn't agree more. Seriously, we need to carry over with current players. How is this not done, or a priority yet?[/quote]

    [quote="WainGretSki;c-2058910"][quote="BassMan_PC;c-2058817"]They have to fix the dressing room errors and bring back the old drop-in format for it to be great again. Otherwise, there is not much hope. [b]Also, bringing back a proper session rollover in drop-in where you can continue on with team mates you met should be a priority[/b]. [/quote]

    I couldn't agree more. Seriously, we need to carry over with current players. How is this not done, or a priority yet?[/quote]

    I agree 100%! Why isn’t there a way to play with same people again after a drop-in game?? Seems like such an easy feature to add and what a lot of people like us who just play Drop in/club would love to see!
  • Socair wrote: »
    They made a lot of changes this year, some, like the drop in format aren’t a hit with everyone. The customisation options and bags are fun, but still need to be ironed out...like duplicates and not being able to unlock more items after max prestige (yes, Ones gets you more individual bags, but that shouldn’t be the only way, and no other option when your club maxes out).

    I’d love to see a drop in lobby return. Even if it was as simple as casual and core. You could pick. I’m happy with what we have for club and that’s where I spend my time, but there needs to be something for those that can’t club, but want a traditional drop in experience.

    I miss the traditional drop in games with proper uniforms in a proper arena.
    I miss the old drop in lobby.
    I hate the hockey bags. I don't like much of the gear. Rarely do I ever get anything for my favourite team. Perhaps a currency system that lets me choose what content I want to buy. I could care less about most of what I receive.
    I love to Club my team is usually around or in the top 100. My teammates quit with all of the DR errors and horrible patches.
  • NickKefz
    67 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Honestly I dont care for the hockey bags they are pointless, just give us everything to start the game we pay enough money for it not everyone wants to grind for a simple thing like a jersey tuck( I play this game regularly and just unlocked it a few weeks ago). The extra modes this year are a one and done kind of thing for most people, ones is a boring enforcer fest and 3s is for the ballerinas.

    I feel like the simple features from old gen that are missing from the current gen games in EASHL like practice mode with your team, practice mode with your own eashl skater with you and the goalie and targets when changing your stick curve, all the cool extra features mentioned like skate radius etc are what gave old gen its substance. It just felt like a complete game with a good backbone in features. The gameplay was mostly arcade but thats ok because we had a good game mostly.

    Now its the complete opposite and the team is still struggling to find even good balance in just game play 5 years later and the game has suffered alot in the features department especially in eashl. The customization is a nice touch but making it the make focus of grinding to unlock it is not my cup of tea, just give us everything from the start and let us have fun that way with all options at our disposal.
    Post edited by NickKefz on
  • Honestly I dont care for the hockey bags they are pointless, just give us everything to start the game we pay enough money for it not everyone wants to grind for a simple thing like a jersey tuck( I play this game regularly and just unlocked it a few weeks ago). The extra modes this year are a one and done kind of thing for most people, ones is a boring enforcer fest and 3s is for the ballerinas.

    I feel like the simple features from old gen that are missing from the current gen games in EASHL like practice mode with your team, practice mode with your own eashl skater with you and the goalie and targets when changing your stick curve, all the cool extra features mentioned like skate radius etc are what gave old gen its substance. It just felt like a complete game with a good backbone in features. The gameplay was mostly arcade but thats ok because we had a good game mostly.

    Now its the complete opposite and the team is still struggling to find even good balance in just game play 5 years later and the game has suffered alot in the features department especially in eashl. The customization is a nice touch but making it the make focus of grinding to unlock it is not my cup of tea, just give us everything from the start and let us have fun that way with all options at our disposal.

    Enforcer fest modes and ballerina fest modes are good. Hopefully it keeps them out of EASHL 6s more and more. I think the game does require these modes to do just that: Keep em out of 6s and team play modes.

    For the rest of your post, I more or less agree. I agree old gen was more complete when it came to customizing your players and such, but I disagree they were good games. They simply were not. All they were were goal fests and promoted selfish play. Game was only fun as one of the three forwards. Was junk for all the other positions. Kind of what 19 was like 2 months ago.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!