EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Synergies on 91 Gartner and Macinnis?

prack7
145 posts Member
Going to finish these challenges soon and was curious as to what the syn’s on these two were so I can prep fitting them in...Anyone know? Thanks

Replies

• MacInnis has NP CS BM: https://hutdb.net/19/view/29544/
    Gartner has S DZ BU: https://hutdb.net/19/view/29562/

Both were really nice additions to my team. Hope they are to yours as well! Congratulations on reaching these goals!
  • Awesome @prack7 congrats.

MacInnis is great but i benched Gartner, he has a low 80 endurance and 50 something discipline and his AI was always going offsides and taking penalties. Mac is great off the faceoff and has sweet skates too. i also play 2 of his 3 synergies (NP & CS) and none of Gartner's so it's a better fit.

i completed the last Milestone Legend i'll qualify for adding Chelios this week. i have no shot at Sawchuck or Horton so my team is set until the april legend comes.....if it comes.
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    Awesome! Thanks a lot for taking the time to let me know. I’m less than a week out from getting them so I wanted to start adjusting moving players around now to fit them in. Thanks again!
  • Awesome @prack7 congrats.

MacInnis is great but i benched Gartner, he has a low 80 endurance and 50 something discipline and his AI was always going offsides and taking penalties. Mac is great off the faceoff and has sweet skates too. i also play 2 of his 3 synergies (NP & CS) and none of Gartner's so it's a better fit.

i completed the last Milestone Legend i'll qualify for adding Chelios this week. i have no shot at Sawchuck or Horton so my team is set until the april legend comes.....if it comes.

I thought the same about Horton as well but lo and behold I got him a few months ago - don't give up the grind just see where it takes you.
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    I started super late in January so at this rate I’m only going to be able to scoop Gartner and MacInnis but I’m happy with that. I’m just glad EA instituted these challenge rewards this year. I haven’t played since NHL ‘15 and honestly these challenge cards are the only reason I started playing HUT again. Something fun to work towards while spending a couple bucks along the way
  • Jetset95 wrote: »
    Awesome @prack7 congrats.

I thought the same about Horton as well but lo and behold I got him a few months ago - don't give up the grind just see where it takes you.

LOL. thanks @Jetset95 but you know i'm not that good and can't even beat the CPU challenges on Pro. so far i've only won 6 of the daily 1 minute games and i've played them all at least once. in the 2 minute challenges i have 15 stars in the 1st series, 13 in the second and 10 in the 3rd and played them all at least once also.

as for online play, i've been stuck on D5 since and yet to win a game at that level. add the troubles i've had with the game working (not just online server lag) since that Beta tuner switch back and forth i don't even try to play online anymore. i've posted about the situation online in the past and won't go over it again. it's not for a player like me and that's OK. i prefer the CPU games anyway since they are only 1 or 2 minute periods, going 4 minutes is hard to fit in my playing schedule.

that said, i can't even get through a CPU challenge without the game freezing for a good 5 seconds if not crashing all together. the only thing that keep me going was the packs for Chelios and hope there will be another update or something before the season ends that might make it work but i don't have much faith in EA after this. i will say that unlike when the game freezes online i don't get the speed up, the game just stops but will pick up where it was at if it doesn't crash and reboot.

i also posted a thread about the most recent update and since my guys can't clear the puck and instead shoot on my own net and the goalie unable to make any pass other than in front of the net when he plays the puck from behind the net. most of my playing time the last month or so as been documenting these issues and a big reason i can't fit in a 4 minute game.

i've gone back to 18 to play Be a Pro or any other non-HUT mode. i did open HUT in 18 and peeked around a bit and might go back there for a HUT fix too but i'm an old and love playing with my Legends like its the 70s all over again and i'm still hoping to grind for Great and Super too but it's hard when i can't earn coins anymore.
  • prack7
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Sorry to hear about the connection issues. That’s the worst. I’m not any good either Jeff that’s why I’ve written off Saw and Horton. My major problem is faceoffs, just suck at them. The losses I have online stem from them. I’m an older head too and love the ability to play with these older legends, brings me back the the early NHL 90’s game. Love to see a Sergei Fedorov in HUT soon....cough cough....EA
    Post edited by prack7 on
  • To improve at face-offs there are 2/3 things you need to do:
    1. Stack your centres with high face-off ratings. Free legends Messier, Sakic, Neuwendyke all have over 90 FO stats
    2. If you can, activate FM or FB synergies as these give you a FO boost as well
    3. Learn the counters - just pulling back every time on the backhand means a half decent opponent will learn how to counter your face-off and win all but the first few while he / she figures you out.
  • Just a heads up, you can find a majority of the cards in the game and inspect them by going to the My HUT tab and select My Collection. Select NHL Alumni tab from there.
  • The challenges/ rewards are the only reason I stuck around for this game, this time last year I quit on NHL 18.

It gets a little old being matched up against similar teams, would be good if were allowed to pick the legend we wanted for the milestone reached...
  • NYR_Nick wrote: »
    The challenges/ rewards are the only reason I stuck around for this game, this time last year I quit on NHL 18.

It gets a little old being matched up against similar teams, would be good if were allowed to pick the legend we wanted for the milestone reached...

A great idea. Just like they did with the Xmas giveaway.
  • prack7 wrote: »
    Love to see a Sergei Fedorov in HUT soon....cough cough....EA

Make that 2 votes for Fedorov!!! That or Captain :smiley: