EA Forums - Banner

CHEL dressing room idea

When you enter into the dressing room, whether it's 1 or 6 players, you should be able to choose to enter team practice. The dressing room captain decides the parameters:

- free skate (as people enter the dressing room, they can join the free skate. the first guy out knocks over a bucket of pucks and go to town. You can choose if a goalie is in net or not)
- situational practice (PP, PK, breakouts, etc.)

Once you have your full squad in the practice, you can begin the game search (whenever you choose to). You can see in the bottom right hand corner it searching for a game, but you're still practicing.

Thoughts?

Replies

• This would be great. I can’t count how many times over the years where the team is waiting for one or two more guys to show up.
  • Something else that would be cool is the ability to match up against another team. Since the addition of the extra servers it seems like an endless waiting game.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    This isn't exactly a new idea...
  • Just remove the dressing room completely. Instead, when you join your club "dressing room" it is hitting the ice instead. As more players show up they appear on the ice. Once the captain decides to start a game, then you get sent to the usual matchup screen where you can choose your player class and ready up.

Sure beats just sitting around waiting for other players to show up.
  • I wish
  • "When your community keeps throwing out better ideas than you"

I would've been more excited for online practice than Ones where I played like 5 games.
  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    Sounds like a lot of work and running costs for a feature that would see relatively little use. Sounds good though.
  • Doesn’t “my park” in the 2k basketball game have something like this?
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I like this idea. And during "practice" the arena can be empty before the game starts. Brilliant!
  • net_rogue
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I really love this idea! I would love to shoot around and pass the puck to club or party buddies while I wait for a game; at the very least it keeps everyone entertained while you wait for more club/party members or a game to start and you can work on club strategies. EA I hope you are listening.
  • meade3
    29 posts Member
    They had what you want I believe in nhl 14. They removed it for whatever reason.

They also had a feature where you could create your own plays. And the goalies werent brick walls.

The eashl was alot better. You could create your guy how you wanted him.

They put more attention to hut now which is there money maker.
  • Kuus2 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of work and running costs for a feature that would see relatively little use. Sounds good though.

I totally have to disagree with you.

This feature would be used constantly and daily by most every serious EASHL player. It would be the only place to test your builds in a club setting. Trust me it would be an asset to anyone trying to improve their skills in EASHL!

I can’t see costs being to high to bring this back, considering it was in the game already and they removed it.
  • RSall14
    612 posts Member
    Kuus2 wrote: »

On old gen they gave you the option to free skate and do drills with the equipment you have on. You could test every piece of equipment on the ice to see how it looked. They also let you do this with the stick flex and skating radius. If this is too much work for them then this isn't the right job for them. The fact that we're almost into next gen and we still don't have all the small details and features from last gen is awful.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Kuus2 wrote: »

On old gen they gave you the option to free skate and do drills with the equipment you have on. You could test every piece of equipment on the ice to see how it looked. They also let you do this with the stick flex and skating radius. If this is too much work for them then this isn't the right job for them. The fact that we're almost into next gen and we still don't have all the small details and features from last gen is awful.

Couldn't agree more. 5 years into the current gen and still too much is lacking while next gen is around the corner.