EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th


Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

choose the 70 collectible option

monz
803 posts Member
This is what mine looked like.

enn9n3wgvstl.jpg

Replies

  • loupphil
    3 posts New member
    edited March 24
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • monz
    803 posts Member
    loupphil wrote: »
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]

    Lol i love when people make assumptions, FYI i haven't spent a dime on hut outside the original deluxe option. Just because you haven't been able to make enough coins to buy these packs doesn't mean i can't. Again great value from these, have seen to many people get 92's from the 22 collectable choice pack.
  • BAILEYx215
    19 posts Member
    edited March 27
    loupphil wrote: »
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]

    HUT only exists because people spend money on it. It is constantly updated with new content and features directly because people spend money on it. If you don’t spend money on it, then you are benefiting from the people who do. With out them, HUT would not exist.

    So, I cant understand why guys like you try to shame people for spending money in HUT. Although, my best guess is that your envious of them. You want what they have but, you dont earn an income. So, whenever you come across a post that triggers your feeling of jealousy your reaction is to lash out and say “you got ripped off”.

    [Removed inappropriate comments]

    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • canadianshield
    120 posts Member
    edited March 27
    BAILEYx215 wrote: »
    loupphil wrote: »
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]

    HUT only exists because people spend money on it. It is constantly updated with new content and features directly because people spend money on it. If you don’t spend money on it, then you are benefiting from the people who do. With out them, HUT would not exist.

    So, I cant understand why guys like you try to shame people for spending money in HUT. Although, my best guess is that your envious of them. You want what they have but, you dont earn an income. So, whenever you come across a post that triggers your feeling of jealousy your reaction is to lash out and say “you got ripped off”.

    [Removed inappropriate comments]

    You don’t need to make sexist comments to get your point across dude. He wasn’t shaming, he was pointing out that at this point of the season we’re in, to drop $1300 dollars (which is the actual real life monetary cost of 70 TOTY collectibles) is insane.

    I don’t have an issue with players spending money in HUT, especially since I do it too, but $1300 in otder to complete a set is so wrong just on its own, to put that price tag this late in the season is beyond disgusting.

    As for the guy that said he hasn’t spent a dime, you are literally the 1% of this community, probably closer to the 0.01% actually lol. Which really says alot about the entire structure of the HUT pack gambling system. I’m actually quite curios what your online record is, cause you’d have to be insanely good or insanely patient to earn/save that much coin. Granted you could have sold a few online trophy cards or higher ended cards but let’s look at the math.

    Realistically the % chance of receiving 1 TOTY collectible is 87% per pack. Roughly 5 collectibles for every 6 packs. So realistically you’re looking at about 80+ packs in order to complete that 70 card set.

    That brings your realistic coin total requirement to 8 million minimum. At 2k green points per pack, that’s 160,000 green points needed. 160k % 12k = $1333.33

    Maybe you had 8 million minimum coins just lying around, but you have to realize that’s extremely rare. The card market alone would have at least a 500% markup on everything if the average player base had that much coin.

    The entire pricing system for this set is honestly a real kick in the face to the consumers on EA’s part.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • 13ulow
    52 posts Member
    Buying the collectibles from the auction house is way cheaper than buying packs to get them. I think you have to recalculate a bit, @canadianshield. I believe that a fair price could be 30k per collectible, which makes 2,1 million for 70 (and you can get at least on for free from challenges).

    So with your calculation of 1333$ being 8 million coins, that makes "my" price 350$. Still not cheap, but way cheaper than 1333$.

    Anyhow, I agree with your point about people whining about other people spending money in HUT. I bought the standard edition and have not spent anything more than that. Regardless of this I have a 93 overall team (with a bronze goalie as backup, so maybe 96 overall in fact...), and at the moment close to 900 000 coins. I'm not saying this is great, but I'm saying that it is possible to get a good team without spending money, and without being a top tier player. I'm 400-209-31.
  • 13ulow wrote: »
    Buying the collectibles from the auction house is way cheaper than buying packs to get them. I think you have to recalculate a bit, @canadianshield. I believe that a fair price could be 30k per collectible, which makes 2,1 million for 70 (and you can get at least on for free from challenges).

    So with your calculation of 1333$ being 8 million coins, that makes "my" price 350$. Still not cheap, but way cheaper than 1333$.

    Anyhow, I agree with your point about people whining about other people spending money in HUT. I bought the standard edition and have not spent anything more than that. Regardless of this I have a 93 overall team (with a bronze goalie as backup, so maybe 96 overall in fact...), and at the moment close to 900 000 coins. I'm not saying this is great, but I'm saying that it is possible to get a good team without spending money, and without being a top tier player. I'm 400-209-31.

    I totally agree. You don’t need to spend any money to have a top tier team. Especially with the monthly giveaways and objective rewards. And that’s a very fair point about the auction house method and a realistic way of getting the set. Having said that, the pricing above that I mentioned is essentially how to buy the packs that contain the collectibles, and that pricing in itself is just plain gross.
  • monz
    803 posts Member
    13ulow wrote: »
    Buying the collectibles from the auction house is way cheaper than buying packs to get them. I think you have to recalculate a bit, @canadianshield. I believe that a fair price could be 30k per collectible, which makes 2,1 million for 70 (and you can get at least on for free from challenges).

    So with your calculation of 1333$ being 8 million coins, that makes "my" price 350$. Still not cheap, but way cheaper than 1333$.

    Anyhow, I agree with your point about people whining about other people spending money in HUT. I bought the standard edition and have not spent anything more than that. Regardless of this I have a 93 overall team (with a bronze goalie as backup, so maybe 96 overall in fact...), and at the moment close to 900 000 coins. I'm not saying this is great, but I'm saying that it is possible to get a good team without spending money, and without being a top tier player. I'm 400-209-31.

    I totally agree. You don’t need to spend any money to have a top tier team. Especially with the monthly giveaways and objective rewards. And that’s a very fair point about the auction house method and a realistic way of getting the set. Having said that, the pricing above that I mentioned is essentially how to buy the packs that contain the collectibles, and that pricing in itself is just plain gross.

    I agree the pricing is disgusting!
  • 13ulow
    52 posts Member
    Pricing is determined by the players, right? Supply vs demand.

    As long as someone is buying the cards, then the price is right. If no one buys, then the price is too high. Easy as that.
  • EA_Roger
    1470 posts EA Community Manager
    We've already edited a few posts in here and I don't want to have to close out this, if you feel a post isn't on topic or breaking forum rules feel free to flag it.
  • yep. @canadianshield is spot on. i love buying packs but the lack of collectables is a crime. i'd have no problem dropping $1,500 if i was guranteed those 3 player cards. i'd prefer a goalie for that price (especially my Silvertip buddy Carter Hart) but i'm not a pro gamer and don't have the time to grind for free items so i'd buy and buy more if i knew what i was getting and for what price.

    EA is not honest with us regarding the Auction House and the ability to buy coins from 3rd parties and trading between multiple accounts. there is a reason that EA makes these such big issues in the ToS and it's becuase it is common and easy to do. i'm not saying anyone in this thread has done it but like we saw with the 'pause glicth' it's fair to say it's very common.
  • RSO75
    71 posts Member
    BAILEYx215 wrote: »
    loupphil wrote: »
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]



    So, I cant understand why guys like you try to shame people for spending money in HUT. Although, my best guess is that your envious of them.

    [Removed inappropriate comments]

    No, people are just tired of your type ruining video games period. Everything will be like Fortnite soon, you get some junky base model game for free, but have to pay for everything else. So don't be surprised when EA starts charging fees to play online. You Richie Rich people and your micro trans-actions are contributing to that, so thanks for ruining video games.
  • RSO75 wrote: »
    BAILEYx215 wrote: »
    loupphil wrote: »
    70 collectables :'( dude you got ripped off.... you put in so much money for useless cards that wont do a difference and be useless in less than 6 months ;)

    [Socair - edited swear filter]



    So, I cant understand why guys like you try to shame people for spending money in HUT. Although, my best guess is that your envious of them.

    [Removed inappropriate comments]

    No, people are just tired of your type ruining video games period. Everything will be like Fortnite soon, you get some junky base model game for free, but have to pay for everything else. So don't be surprised when EA starts charging fees to play online. You Richie Rich people and your micro trans-actions are contributing to that, so thanks for ruining video games.

    Looks like someone is jealous that they can’t afford to buy packs. If you don’t want to buy packs for whatever reason that is fine but whining about others that do is being petty, it is part of HUT and more than likely always will be if you don’t like it, stop playing HUT.
  • EA_Roger
    1470 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm not going to keep on editing posts & removing them. I'm closing this down as you are just calling each other out at this stage.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!