EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Latest Update: WoC Drop-in Matchmaking and Dressing Room Errors

Replies

• Sinbin wrote: »
    Pini1123 wrote: »
    I saw on another thread that somebody was messing with their DNS and fixed their dressing room errors. Does anybody have any insight on this?

if it was a definite fix i would hope that the dev would have said something by now

Using the google DNS servers might help. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I very rare get the error myself so
  • Nhlgamer.com/community/topic/2241-are-you-having-problems-with-dressing-room-errors-on-ps4/

This is how sad the situation is in Finland and specially with DNA isp
  • Nhlgamer.com/community/topic/2241-are-you-having-problems-with-dressing-room-errors-on-ps4/

This is how sad the situation is in Finland and specially with DNA isp

right...

kinda what I was getting at here:

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/242165/dressing-room-error-strikes-bad-worst-than-ever#latest

Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1115 posts Member
    Apparently the DNA issue is fixed, peeps using that service provider are able to play without DRE again... at least to my knowledge. I heard it was an issue with some routing of the connections to EA server, some international link was lagging or not responding. DNA (?) changed the routing, and it was fixed.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Apparently the DNA issue is fixed, peeps using that service provider are able to play without DRE again... at least to my knowledge. I heard it was an issue with some routing of the connections to EA server, some international link was lagging or not responding. DNA (?) changed the routing, and it was fixed.

well, well, well B)

glad that got resolved.
  • So I live in Israel. And getting constantly Dr dressing room errors. Could it be something similiar with my ISP provider? Always thought it was actually the ps4 doing this.
  • Moxrox84
    209 posts Member
    How any developer could walk out in public without shame after releasing this thing is beyond me. They're talking about the new version already.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    How any developer could walk out in public without shame after releasing this thing is beyond me. They're talking about the new version already.

I agree that it is a disgrace that EA has not fixed this but I won't blame the devs. They don't choose what to work on and when. If they did I would be willing to wager most of them would want to take the time and resources needed to fix the DRE and other game breaking bugs. Bottom line is devs just go to work and have the higher ups plan and tell them what to work on. I am sure they have some feedback but if its anything any of the companies I have developed for, there is not much say. Product team have a vision (or think they do) and they delegate.

• Moxrox84
    209 posts Member
    rcompton78 wrote: »
    Moxrox84 wrote: »

I agree that it is a disgrace that EA has not fixed this but I won't blame the devs. They don't choose what to work on and when. If they did I would be willing to wager most of them would want to take the time and resources needed to fix the DRE and other game breaking bugs. Bottom line is devs just go to work and have the higher ups plan and tell them what to work on. I am sure they have some feedback but if its anything any of the companies I have developed for, there is not much say. Product team have a vision (or think they do) and they delegate.

And yet, the devs are the one that code it. They coded the crappy bugs, the crappy matchmaking system. No, the bottom line is NOT that the devs are not responsible. They coded a crappy product, and yes, they are equally to blame.

And yet, the devs are the one that code it. They coded the crappy bugs, the crappy matchmaking system. No, the bottom line is NOT that the devs are not responsible. They coded a crappy product, and yes, they are equally to blame.

When a game appears to have a larger marketing budget than development budget, you can take a little of the blame off the devs. EA as a publicly traded company has an obligation to their share holders, and no obligation to its customers. EA's product is their stock. They buy out developers with brand awareness, market heavily until they're milked, and then shutdown the studio. eg. SimCity/Maxis.
    EASHL player
  • rcompton78
    232 posts Member
    edited April 8

Easier said than done. Every game has bugs and will always have bugs. So does any piece of software out there. Day 1 patches are on every game. Every game has patches and updates throughout its life cycle. So with your logic since every game has bugs then every developer in the world should be ashamed and not go into public?

In the simplest break down, yes it is the devs faults that a piece of software has bugs but nothing is that simple. The bottom line is software is hard to write and will always have issues. The difference here is that we don't know if the devs have been given the time to look into the DRE. Do you? Because I don't. EA says they are looking into it but how hard??
  • zingaa1
    399 posts Member

Easier said than done. Every game has bugs and will always have bugs. So does any piece of software out there. Day 1 patches are on every game. Every game has patches and updates throughout its life cycle. So with your logic since every game has bugs then every developer in the world should be ashamed and not go into public?

In the simplest break down, yes it is the devs faults that a piece of software has bugs but nothing is that simple. The bottom line is software is hard to write and will always have issues. The difference here is that we don't know if the devs have been given the time to look into the DRE. Do you? Because I don't. EA says they are looking into it but how hard??

There's a huge difference in a bug and a bug that has been ignored and not repaired 6 months into a 12 month cycle and I'm sure we will live with it for the rest of the cycle.

You're taking his post too literally, I'm sure the developers go in public.

zingaa1 wrote: »

There's a huge difference in a bug and a bug that has been ignored and not repaired 6 months into a 12 month cycle and I'm sure we will live with it for the rest of the cycle.

I agree there is a difference and that is kind of the point in my first reply. The initial bug was totally on devs 100% but bugs happen all the time. We have no idea how much time the devs have been given to actually try fix it since the launch. Or if they have been given any time at all. My original point is the devs don't choose what they work on. For all we know EA could have taken most if not all devs to work on other things and not actually try patch this.

Blaming EA as a whole is one thing. Saying the devs should be ashamed is entirely different IMO.

My guess through experience is the devs likely had a bit of time to try fix it at the beginning of the cycle. It ended up being a harder thing to spot and/or fix so the management team decided to pull the plug on the fix and decided to work on next years game. Another possibility is the actual bug root cause was a huge issue that needed to be re-written and not patched. In this case it would be fixed in next years game (doubtful).
  • I don't understand from all my friends I'm the one that constantly gets dressing room errors. 1-3 times until I get into a game in Eashl. Is there anything I can do about it? Maybe anybody heard of small fixes that can likely decrease the presence of this error? Maybe changing the router or Internet provider?
    Please let me know! I can't play club anymore and it is so depressing!
  • its a communications problem thats been there since beta. they identified it a month or two into release but have never been able to fix it. I think the worse your connection is, the worse the problems.

almost everyone i know sees it at one time or another but the guys that have it A LOT are guys that i know have intermittent connectivity issues with EA on a regular basis. if you never had problems but now are, it could be some kind of issue with your connection or just how your ISP routes to whatever server they are sending you to.

ever since they added central server it seems like this problem has actually gotten worse. Funny enough i've never once had this issue.
  • Moxrox84
    209 posts Member
    edited April 17

I agree there is a difference and that is kind of the point in my first reply. The initial bug was totally on devs 100% but bugs happen all the time. We have no idea how much time the devs have been given to actually try fix it since the launch. Or if they have been given any time at all. My original point is the devs don't choose what they work on. For all we know EA could have taken most if not all devs to work on other things and not actually try patch this.

Blaming EA as a whole is one thing. Saying the devs should be ashamed is entirely different IMO.

My guess through experience is the devs likely had a bit of time to try fix it at the beginning of the cycle. It ended up being a harder thing to spot and/or fix so the management team decided to pull the plug on the fix and decided to work on next years game. Another possibility is the actual bug root cause was a huge issue that needed to be re-written and not patched. In this case it would be fixed in next years game (doubtful).

They released a game for AAA price...$60+. And you accept this?

The price has nothing to do with the devs or the previous post.

EA decides on price, budget, timeline, release date and priorities. Devs do what they can with what they have.

The price has nothing to do with the devs or the previous post.

EA decides on price, budget, timeline, release date and priorities. Devs do what they can with what they have.

Thanks saved me the time of answering and pointing it out.
  • to be honest these are all valid points. but at the end of the day, long before this game went GA or Gold or whatever you want to call it, while it was still in developmental cycles ... there were massive, game breaking bugs, specifically this one, that were ignored and allowed to be part of a premium title game release. who specifically at EA is to blame matters not. Everyone under the umbrella has to shoulder the blame.

i've been an avid gamer for almost 40 years. I will remember this NHL 19 launch up there with some of the worst examples of allowing a problem riddled game to be released.

Unfortunately these days gaming industry tends to release games in whatever state they are in to meet their launch date... knowing they can patch it later. That stinks but better than nothing. EA sports has historically been the worst company out there for patching problems after the fact and we have been given the excuse that EA forces them to only work on a couple of patches then its off to work on next years release which will add new bugs to the ones it brought from previous release. And lets be honest, each year's release is just a bigger patch. The expression house of cards comes to mind.

people have been complaining about this game and its development for 8 years but it definitely seems to get louder each year. don't want the devs shouldering all the blame? bring their mgmt or program leaders in here, i'm sure the angry masses will gladly direct their anger that way.

i've said it before, don't like all the whining? build a better product.

until then we will continue playing and pointing out the obvious problems with this game.
  • I finally had one last night when I changed my players set up in the dressing room. I searched for a game as a single player and eventually got the error. Went back in and found a game, without game reboot.