EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• Connected GM mode, PLEASE! That entire thrill of not just competing against my friends, but doing so in a full Franchise mode is all i'm asking for.

I liked some of the other posts about a varying rebound system. Real hockey has that unpredictable feeling that the puck could literally go anywhere, i wish the rebounds and deflections in the NHL series was more true to real hockey.
  • Steven5470
    217 posts Member
    edited April 25
    Roster Sharing:
    This would be a game changer. The reason is because I don't believe EA knows how to rate players. Every seems to be similar in ratings and there isn't that separation we want. Over at operationsports, a guy re-rated all the players. After using the re-rates, the game plays differently in a good way. Players are playing the way they should and teams are winning like they should. It's completely refreshed the game.

Player Control:
    Ability to control one specific player instead of a position. Think this was "Be a Superstar" or something?

Position Lock:
    If I'm locked into a position, I shouldn't have to control every player during the shootout. Only the position I'm locked onto.

UI:
    Need a better UI. Trying to find standings / stats in Franchise was chore at first. Should be very noticeable.

GM:
    Ticket pricing, transportation features (NHL 05?), selling souvenirs to booster to gain money to upgrade weight room, etc.

New feature?
    3 vs 3 in season or tournament mode in normal arena without that annoying "3's" announcer. I want to recreate the all-star tournament format. That format has been out for a few years now and we still can't play it that.

Outdoor Arena:
    You give us winter classic jerseys, but no winter classic rink??
    And a Pond Hockey rink. I might be thinking more 2k here, but there is hope.
    Post edited by Steven5470 on
  • I feel like having an online/co-op be a pro mode would be really fun, so a bit like EASHL but instead of creating and modifying your team/arena you actually get drafted to a team with your friends (using your created character) like you would be able to play your season and playoffs with your friends vs CPU and have a skill/attribute tree where you can progress you character and battle off to try and win the cup, also have change ups in game with ratings and coach feedback, and practice in between games with like shooting and passing drills etc.. (can be skipped)and a bunch of other little features that are not in EASHL. Play with the actual updated roster as your cpu teammate's play with the lines manage your power play shorthanded lineups, would be a very cool addition to see in the game also work on the penalties to make them more accurate, try and nerf some glitch goals try and figure out how to fix puck ragging and maybe give us frosbite engine to change the feel of the game a lot of little things need improvement bit definitely heading in the right direction :)
  • An automatic hockey bag opener

Oh my Lord. I have 44 bags unopened because I don't want to spend 45 minutes opening them. Had a couple or weeks where I didn't bother opening each night and then it got out of hand.
  • 1913Bacon
    posts New member
    Please fix this glitch were your player goes still when they have the puck.
    For NHL 20 can you add a winter classic mode and more customizations for goalie helmets and player helmets like stickers. Were you have it in Xbox or PS4 files.
  • zzKURUPTZZ
    2 posts New member
    Here is my NHL 2020 wishlist:
    -Add the USHL, maybe even the KHL. I know the KHL is highly unlikely but a guy can dream
    -International mode/World Cup
    -Exporting of teams into all modes. Why can I export an SHL league into Season mode but not into Franchise?
    -An Advance Day button on the contracts screen so we don't need to back out a screen to advance the day during Franchise Mode
    -GM Connected mode
    -Community created Rosters
    -Alumni players available for all game modes
    -ECHL implementation into Franchise mode, I know this was supposed to be a feature on one of the recent games, unsure why it was scrapped?
    -Franchise mode should have more management options like hiring/firing scouts, coaches, upgrading scouting/player development
    -Revamping of the Owner mode features, it would be nice to have the option of building a new stadium or even making new jerseys.
    -Board play needs to be improved
    -Stick lifting is broken, how does a stick lift whiff if my stick is under their stick? How can a stick lift work if the defending player is a few strides behind you?
    -Hook button, this one is a risky option but like EA says "It's in the game" I don't remember what year it was but there used to be an option to hook when behind an opponent

I can't think of anything else right now. I will update if I have more ideas.
  • Wishlist/Ideas/Fixes for EASHL

-A simple vote to kick option while in-game would be nice, it's implemented in other online multiplayer games and works great.
    When the vote comes up maybe it should show the players stats too, like how many times he went offside, his AFK time, team play %, etc. Should also be able to write comments when suggesting a player to kick, basically to give a few details on why you want to kick them.
    -Should be able to change controls in EASHL mid game without having to take a timeout or wait until the intermission.
    NEW MENU IDEA
    -In the dressingroom it would be nice to see a picture of everyone's player model as well as their on-ice name. I made a quick photoshop picture for an example
    https://i.ibb.co/zSXKgWv/Untitled-1.jpg
    -I think injuries should last longer. Sometimes they should last the whole game, depending on the hit or shot block. They used to last the whole game every time, but that caused people to quit. Minimum should be a full period (20 min), maximum entire game.
    -Skate foot protectors should prevent your player from being partially paralyzed or at the very least prevent injury if blocking a shot on the skate. Otherwise what's the point of equipping them?
    -Be able to join games in progress (as an option). Players crash and quit all the time, would be a nice option to have games fill up while playing. Also be able to invite friends to current games if there is computer players.
    -Shots on goal from outside the blueline are unrealistically inaccurate. Accuracy should get progressively worse the farther away you shoot, not just outside the blueline.
    -Club search match room size.. should be exact OR more, instead of just exact.
    -Cant invite friends in practice mode to practice with. For example: Should be able to load up a free skate practice with 2 friends, one as player and one as goalie. Preferably online & offline.
    -Penalty box view change. Sometimes exiting the box you don't know where you are as the screen expands back out to your normal camera view. You should be able to keep that camera view the whole time while in the box.
    -Ones with friends. I should be able to load up a custom ones game with 2 other friends, both online & offline.
    -Add spectator mode for friends. Be able to spectate a game if they're mid game. I should be able to view my friends list, see a friend who is currently in a game, and select an option to either view his game, or join his game/team if there's room, replacing a CPU player.
    -I'd like to see a rematch option, if you have a close fun game it'd be nice to vote to rematch after. Majority vote I guess?
    -If you're determined to stick with the Hockey bag idea, please allow an "open all bags" option and get rid of the "are you sure you want to open this bag?" second click.
    -Players and Goalies should be able to play without a helmet/mask. I know there's a bug in drop-ins and one in club that allows players to play helmet-less. Both goalies and players should be able to show off their beautiful hair, why not it's just a video game. Goalies too, have an option for no helmet/mask, at least for drop-in.
  • RSO75
    66 posts Member
    Fix the PP & PK in HUT, I should be able to pick what players I want on those lines.
  • @NHLDev Is there any thought into maybe not making a new game every year? Maybe making a new one every 2-3 years with constant patches in between. It seems a new game every year really puts stress and unrealistic deadlines on the devs to get everything done. Games are so big and complex now a days, maybe this game every year model needs to stop? Comments?
  • @NHLDev Is there any thought into maybe not making a new game every year? Maybe making a new one every 2-3 years with constant patches in between. It seems a new game every year really puts stress and unrealistic deadlines on the devs to get everything done. Games are so big and complex now a days, maybe this game every year model needs to stop? Comments?

Quiet a good idea. The devs could fix the bugs and we get some updates/upgrades with bugfixes and updates of the team rosters. But ... ... ... ... ... I think the problem will be, that EA thinks, they will not earn the same money with this sales policy. They think, they will eran more money, if they make every year a new game. Is this true? For example, I buy every second year the new game (NHL 15, NHL 17, NHL 19 etc.).
  • MaxPac67
    92 posts Member
    I would love to see something like MyLeague in NBA 2k, where you can customise almost everything, rosters, draft classes, jerseys, arenas, courts etc.
  • WainGretSki
    3021 posts Member
    edited May 2
    @NHLDev Is there any thought into maybe not making a new game every year? Maybe making a new one every 2-3 years with constant patches in between. It seems a new game every year really puts stress and unrealistic deadlines on the devs to get everything done. Games are so big and complex now a days, maybe this game every year model needs to stop? Comments?

I have to assume that since there is an NHL season every year, then maybe the NHL forces EA to release a version every year. I would hope this isn't the case and would love for them to drop the yearly cycle. Sadly, it sells every year, so why kill all those sales to release every 3 years? I would prefer to pay $20 or $30 a year as an EASHL membership. Would be nice if they took this route eventually. It's the only mode I play and not worth $60 + dollars because I play no other modes. I care not for Be a Pro and Franchise and all that. I pay for modes I don't play.

I have to assume that since there is an NHL season every year, then maybe the NHL forces EA to release a version every year. I would hope this isn't the case and would love for them to drop the yearly cycle. Sadly, it sells every year, so why kill all those sales to release every 3 years? I would prefer to pay $20 or $30 a year as an EASHL membership. Would be nice if they took this route eventually. It's the only mode I play and not worth $60 + dollars because I play no other modes. I care not for Be a Pro and Franchise and all that. I pay for modes I don't play.

Yeah that's an idea for sure. It was really just a general question I had, if they've even had discussions on changing the format. I think it's due.
  • WainGretSki
    3021 posts Member
    @NHLDev Is there any thought into maybe not making a new game every year? Maybe making a new one every 2-3 years with constant patches in between. It seems a new game every year really puts stress and unrealistic deadlines on the devs to get everything done. Games are so big and complex now a days, maybe this game every year model needs to stop? Comments?

Yeah that's an idea for sure. It was really just a general question I had, if they've even had discussions on changing the format. I think it's due.

Agreed. I think it is more than due. How many games now are actually free, but make money with in-game purchases? Fortnight is killing it with this format, yet EA is still using a business model from 28 years ago.

If I look at NHL 15 to 19, all I got is a defensive skill stick, selectable traits, and hockey bags since I play no other modes. Quite expensive update if you ask me at $60 a pop. A game costs me almost $92 with taxes. If I had purchased 15 to 19 brand new, that is nearly $500 Canadian to play EASH every year....
  • - Fix shootout mode. Its the home team that shoots first
    - a penalty should be called when the puck gets shot into the players bench
  • Fix the button lag especially when player switching
  • MaxPac67
    92 posts Member
    - Fix shootout mode. Its the home team that shoots first
    - a penalty should be called when the puck gets shot into the players bench

You're wrong on both.
    - the home team has the choice of which team goes first.
    - there's no penalty if the puck goes directly into the bench.
  • Dropping to block a shot causes way too many tripping penalties when players skate anywhere near you while you're sprawled out on the ground.
  • Moxrox84
    212 posts Member
    Dropping to block a shot causes way too many tripping penalties when players skate anywhere near you while you're sprawled out on the ground.

I popped in here to state this same thing. Blocking shots needs to have some different animations thrown in...when was the last time you saw someone block a shot in a real hockey game only to trip someone because their stick was on the ice? It's ridiculous.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    Dropping to block a shot causes way too many tripping penalties when players skate anywhere near you while you're sprawled out on the ground.

I popped in here to state this same thing. Blocking shots needs to have some different animations thrown in...when was the last time you saw someone block a shot in a real hockey game only to trip someone because their stick was on the ice? It's ridiculous.

Exactly. I watched the Blues/Stars game lastnight and this EXACT scenario happened in the game. One of the Blues players sprawled out to block a shot, the Stars player skated right through the Blues players stick and didn't trip. In NHL 19 he would have done a triple gainer and broke his neck.