EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

“Not a P3 50? Looks like I’m leaving!”

Replies

• de4c0n_fr05t
    209 posts Member
    edited May 4
    CR & Prestige rank should be hidden so only you can see it, not anyone else. That would stop all this.
  • VeNOM2099
    2610 posts Member
    edited May 4
    here's another idea for CR... flat out ban anyone with negative CR. thats impossible unless you are a griefing troll. but we know they will never do anything to fix any of these problems. they somehow fail to realize that not interfering with individuals ability to play is ruining the experience for the masses.

My CR as a goalie is negative two billion and change... And it happened because I got DRE'd in the middle of a drop in game in one of the first few games online I played when the game came out. It's been like that ever since, even though the Devs said they were gonna fix it. When I finished playing my next game, I noticed that my CR had blown up. LOL!

As a skater my CR is around 600 now. I don't often play as a d-man or forward though.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• WainGretSki
    3026 posts Member
    Meh, I still think CR is the worst the thing in this game the way it is implemented. It should purely be based on how YOU play. It is YOUR CR after all. Comical when a team mate scores 3 goals, gets an assist, and is backchecking the entire game, yet the "superstar" teal or the "incredible" goalie playing like scrubs costs a win, you get slammed a negative CR. And that quantity depends on the other team's CR.....

Even coach feedback and grading is so terrible. For instance, as D man say you have a pretty busy 1st period in your own zone. You're intercepting passes, slamming people around the slot and into the boards, breaking out with smart passes, etc.. you get a pretty decent grading from the coach.
    Then the next 2 periods just so happens your team wakes up and you spend a good majority in the offensive zone. Well, as a D man, you are not intercepting passes all that much, you are not throwing checks, or making smart plays to break out of your zone. Your grades decay over each period. Like, really? How does that make any sense??? It is so due for a massive overhaul.

Goalie grading is by far the worse. You have to consistently throw the puck out or use the incredibly clunky and terrible skating to hopefully intercept a dump and chase play to hopefully get your team grade up to a B-.
  • Meh, I still think CR is the worst the thing in this game the way it is implemented. It should purely be based on how YOU play. It is YOUR CR after all. Comical when a team mate scores 3 goals, gets an assist, and is backchecking the entire game, yet the "superstar" teal or the "incredible" goalie playing like scrubs costs a win, you get slammed a negative CR. And that quantity depends on the other team's CR.....

Even coach feedback and grading is so terrible. For instance, as D man say you have a pretty busy 1st period in your own zone. You're intercepting passes, slamming people around the slot and into the boards, breaking out with smart passes, etc.. you get a pretty decent grading from the coach.
    Then the next 2 periods just so happens your team wakes up and you spend a good majority in the offensive zone. Well, as a D man, you are not intercepting passes all that much, you are not throwing checks, or making smart plays to break out of your zone. Your grades decay over each period. Like, really? How does that make any sense??? It is so due for a massive overhaul.

Goalie grading is by far the worse. You have to consistently throw the puck out or use the incredibly clunky and terrible skating to hopefully intercept a dump and chase play to hopefully get your team grade up to a B-.

Yeah the fact that it's impossible to get an "A" grade after 1 period because it's some weird cumulative formula over 3 periods is stupid. If you play lights out defense in the 1st period, you should be at an A for defense. You play worse in the 2nd, then it drops. Of course the grading system needs to be accurate first.
  • agreed CR is flawed as hell. my favorite one is being in a game with a troll (thats about 1/4 of the games these days). most quit, troll is kicked. me and one other work with crappy AI and mount comeback and can be actually winning. yet for some reason they quit, game over now that i'm along and i lose another 20+ CR.. awesome.

that being said its better than nothing because frankly the better team player you are the better your teams will be and the more games you will win. i've seen really good players be only 600 or so CR and seen 1000 CR players who really aren't all that.
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    209 posts Member
    edited May 6
    agreed CR is flawed as hell. my favorite one is being in a game with a troll (thats about 1/4 of the games these days). most quit, troll is kicked. me and one other work with crappy AI and mount comeback and can be actually winning. yet for some reason they quit, game over now that i'm along and i lose another 20+ CR.. awesome.

that being said its better than nothing because frankly the better team player you are the better your teams will be and the more games you will win. i've seen really good players be only 600 or so CR and seen 1000 CR players who really aren't all that.

I don't mess around, I just quit. I don't care about CR, if there's a troll or a few people quit then I just quit myself. I'm not wasting 25 minutes of my time playing with or against CPU players.
    Post edited by de4c0n_fr05t on
  • Remember Lobbies? That was awesome. Could play competitive drop ins.

If theyre not coming back, there needs to be a way to graduate to the next Drop In Tier. If you're newish to the game, you dont want to play against people with money shots, and if you're competitive you dont want to play with trolls. Win-Win to have a tiered system.
    EASHL player
  • WainGretSki
    3026 posts Member
    Meh, I still think CR is the worst the thing in this game the way it is implemented. It should purely be based on how YOU play. It is YOUR CR after all. Comical when a team mate scores 3 goals, gets an assist, and is backchecking the entire game, yet the "superstar" teal or the "incredible" goalie playing like scrubs costs a win, you get slammed a negative CR. And that quantity depends on the other team's CR.....

Yeah the fact that it's impossible to get an "A" grade after 1 period because it's some weird cumulative formula over 3 periods is stupid. If you play lights out defense in the 1st period, you should be at an A for defense. You play worse in the 2nd, then it drops. Of course the grading system needs to be accurate first.

Agreed. Feedback should be based on how many minutes you played in that scenario. If I only play 3 minutes in my own zone, then my team defense should be graded on those 3 minutes in my zone. I am perfectly fine if I get a temporary grade and then at the end of the game I get my true grade. This would deter from quitting in the first period with an A grade as of course this could be abused if you got your A grade after 1 period.

Same for the goalie. If you get a 4 save shutout. you should get an A+ because you stopped 100% of the shots you faced. As it is, if you don't get enough shots, you get a bad grade.
  • agreed CR is flawed as hell. my favorite one is being in a game with a troll (thats about 1/4 of the games these days). most quit, troll is kicked. me and one other work with crappy AI and mount comeback and can be actually winning. yet for some reason they quit, game over now that i'm along and i lose another 20+ CR.. awesome.

I don't mess around, I just quit. I don't care about CR, if there's a troll or a few people quit then I just quit myself. I'm not wasting 25 minutes of my time playing with or against CPU players.

you must not ever play

i think at this point its pretty much impossible to play drop in and finish 6 on 6. maybe 1 out of every 25 games ? at best

i would say on average by 2nd intermission there's at least 4 CPU players out of the 12. and while i took a long break from this game this year, still probably played close to 1000 drop ins. so this is not a small sample. If i quit every time there was a troll or some CPU players I would have a DNF of like 75% and have negative CR.

you must not ever play

i think at this point its pretty much impossible to play drop in and finish 6 on 6. maybe 1 out of every 25 games ? at best

i would say on average by 2nd intermission there's at least 4 CPU players out of the 12. and while i took a long break from this game this year, still probably played close to 1000 drop ins. so this is not a small sample. If i quit every time there was a troll or some CPU players I would have a DNF of like 75% and have negative CR.

I quit a lot lol

If the goalie and 1 other player quits that's fine I'll still play, but as soon as it's anything less than 5/6 vs 4 I'm out.
  • Meh, I still think CR is the worst the thing in this game the way it is implemented. It should purely be based on how YOU play. It is YOUR CR after all. Comical when a team mate scores 3 goals, gets an assist, and is backchecking the entire game, yet the "superstar" teal or the "incredible" goalie playing like scrubs costs a win, you get slammed a negative CR. And that quantity depends on the other team's CR.....

I wish I could hit agree and like 1 few thousand more times for this. CR could and should be a more in-depth system that rewards how you play instead of just outcome. That would solve people being scared of losing 24 CR if they lose. It would also make someones CR level more or a true representation of the player he is. I have seen 800+ CR guys that are no where near that level but because they play some some good buddies or are really picky on what games they play they get up in CR. But if an actual play reward system was in play then their CR would still be inflated but not as high.

IMO game play and the quality of opposition should come into play.

you must not ever play

This is the main reason I moved to 3s this year. I never thought I would but I got sick of playing against 3-4 AI players every game once the 2nd period hit. Add in random trolls and less skilled players and 6s drop-in was not fun. So it is either 6s club if the whole team is on (much harder at this time of year) or 3s. Less AI and less possibility of trolls or lower skilled players.

Now if the community was larger and matchmaking worked then we would have less skill difference in the same game. I am sure I am the lower skilled player that top tier players have complained about. I think we all just want to play with our skill zone.
  • Moxrox84
    212 posts Member
    TheMajjam wrote: »
    Im P3 50, and the majority of 3s games that pop up, if you are under a P2 30, I'm going to back out. I'd rather play with persons my skill. Yes, sometimes rank doesn't mean anything, but most of the time it does

ROFL...rank means NOTHING in this game. That's just ignorance of the game right there. Anyone can reach p3 50 with time, and the CR system is a joke.
  • WainGretSki
    3026 posts Member
    rcompton78 wrote: »
    agreed CR is flawed as hell. my favorite one is being in a game with a troll (thats about 1/4 of the games these days). most quit, troll is kicked. me and one other work with crappy AI and mount comeback and can be actually winning. yet for some reason they quit, game over now that i'm along and i lose another 20+ CR.. awesome.

you must not ever play

This is the main reason I moved to 3s this year. I never thought I would but I got sick of playing against 3-4 AI players every game once the 2nd period hit. Add in random trolls and less skilled players and 6s drop-in was not fun. So it is either 6s club if the whole team is on (much harder at this time of year) or 3s. Less AI and less possibility of trolls or lower skilled players.

Now if the community was larger and matchmaking worked then we would have less skill difference in the same game. I am sure I am the lower skilled player that top tier players have complained about. I think we all just want to play with our skill zone.

Yea nicely said. I agree if the skill pool was divided say into 3 tiers and that you match up with more players in line of your tier. However, as much a cheesefest as it is, I enjoy playing against really good top players as they blow holes in my weaknesses and make me notice what I need to work on as a D man. I see this as a more one on one scenario in dropins because face it, team-play is not all that great on average in dropins so that's where I prefer facing top players to help my individual skill. In club play it is much easier to practice team D as opposed to what you do alone in dropins.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    587 posts Member
    Is displaying other players ranks necessary? I personally don’t pay attention to other players ranks. I just want don’t want to play with or against CPUs.
  • VeNOM2099
    2610 posts Member
    My suggestion would be to end the game if:

A. the Goalie leaves
    B. At least 3 players leave ONE team (not including the goalie)
    C. At least 2 players from each team leave.

Also, remove the QUIT option from the menu. Most online games have no "QUIT" option. If you started to play, you're in it until the end unless you turn off your console. And if you turn off your console, then you are guilty of RQ.

RQ three times in a row and you get put on a cooldown period until you can play the next game.

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to end the game if:

A. the Goalie leaves
    B. At least 3 players leave ONE team (not including the goalie)
    C. At least 2 players from each team leave.

Also, remove the QUIT option from the menu. Most online games have no "QUIT" option. If you started to play, you're in it until the end unless you turn off your console. And if you turn off your console, then you are guilty of RQ.

RQ three times in a row and you get put on a cooldown period until you can play the next game.

I think there should be Halo Reach style “bans” for leaving. Leave one game, nothing. Second leave you get a warning next time will be a ban. Third leave is a 5 minute ban from matchmaking. Fourth leave is 15 minutes. The time increases as you keep leaving. My firmed has like a 2 hour matchmaking ban in Reach for leaving nonstop. The time resets after a week of the last game you left.
  • VeNOM2099
    2610 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Agreed.

All in all, it should just be a lot harder to exit an online game once you start playing. Don't give people the option to back out, especially in a multi-player environment. One vs. One, ok. But 6v6 you shouldn't have the option to back out.

That's how I feel about it.

• Mostly they need to address why people are leaving.

To me they don't take public 6v6 serious and that is why this game is slowly dying. That's the life blood of any competitive game like this. What is your "drop in"experience like. This game has the worst experience of any online game I've ever seen for many reasons. If anything the changes they've done the past 4 years have made it worse.
  • I've left drop in games a few times due to people trolling. I'm not going to play a 30 minute game when someone on my team is sitting offsides to prevent us from entering the zone or a goalie who leaves the net when they enter our defensive zone. That's not fun, I should not be penalized for these actions. I totally get penalizing people for leaving for no reason but there are times when you get too frustrated with your teammates and it's just not fun. They SHOULD add a mechanic to vote to kick players. After 2 kicks they should get a ban.