EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Last Gen options we used to have that need to come back for NHL 20 *UPDATED*

Replies

• EvanAshopenace
    564 posts Member
    edited May 22
    but then again, am talking about offline, not online, offline i don't face a shot like that very often, but its easily stopped, i win games by 5-2 or 4-1 or 5-3 generally speaking, i could careless about online.

i've faced a shot like that, u know what i see u didn't do in that video, u didn't poke check or put paddle down, u had terrible decision, didn't put paddle down.

or u weren't set quite proplery, that shot is really easy to stop, i stop a shot like almost every game.

I never just rely on my leg to stop shot like that, i put paddle down flat on the ice or poke check, what was it called the reverse V-H paddle down.

same for low shots, u see AI Scoring easy on five hole, u need to go into butterfly or paddle down, they do fool me sometimes like that, then i realised i didn't put paddle down or butterfly.
    Post edited by EvanAshopenace on
  • EvanAshopenace
    564 posts Member
    edited May 22
    here i show u with this image

https://imgur.com/AyBKtjt

https://imgur.com/gjyFsTg

https://imgur.com/JqxxGro

https://imgur.com/zJsfOnq

these are what i was doing to stop those shots.

from the moment i see the AI CPU do that shot i go into these moves or poke check, or i dive for them or cover them up, or i go bump into the AI CPU.

or u can spread eagle or stack the pads or that other move.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I've personaly played with manual goalie saves and its nightmare, just tested it recently on NHL 09-12, its was so horrible, i threw my controller, system i want is NHL 14 anticipation goalie saves, there was even a video on it, hell for years sense NHL 14 i preached for anticipation goalie saves and he said no its not coming back, instead they opted for auto goalie animations and reactionary goalie saves, again its still nightmare with reactionary goalie saves , it was so better with NHL 14 anticipation saves, here i can show this video.

[Removed inappropriate reference]

It doesn't matter what they add or change. Until they FIX the core issues with the game we'll get stuff like this:

I mean... At this point it's an embarassment. We try to enjoy this game. Some of us try to play this game in a competitive setting and this is the stuff that DECIDES games, sometimes important games like league championships.

"Oh, but this is just a fluke occurance that happens once in a while"...

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/venom3o99/video/74997126

Same game, a few minutes earlier. I get that "flukes" happen once in a while in real life. But when flukes happen multiple times in the same game, or even ONCE every game you play? Maybe you should concentrate on making sure your game doesn't bug out like this on a regular basis before you start thinking about "adding new features".

Embarassing... Truly heart breaking and embarassing.

That fluke/buggy goal was more a result of EA's programming/coding than their goalie mechanics.
    (Although their hug post mechanics need work, I think they should go back to hold button to hug post, let go of button to release hug post.)

Remember in NHL14/15 last gen where some guys would 1 hand manual deke and score on their own goalies to troll? The goalie could never save, touch or poke the puck if it was on their teammates stick. Was this a bug? Oversight? As intended? I don't know, but it's still this way.

What was EA's solution... fix the bug/oversight? Naw, they took away the ability to do 1 hand manual dekes.
  • EvanAshopenace
    564 posts Member
    edited May 22
    I also think its post to look like this am i right

https://imgur.com/zlyNRbB

https://imgur.com/WfqtZw1

https://imgur.com/IiHC7S0

yah they be bending laws of physics, how is that even possible .

if there was a engine or physics engine, would be kaput broken and old , that kind've move would have destroyed physics, during that video am actually susprised everyone didn't crash at that one point, that would brought down whole server.

am actually susprised there's even physics still left after that, am susprised everything didn't go hay-wire or explode your xboxone or PS4 or freeze your screen or blue screen or black screen, or cause your xboxone or PS4 smoke little.

what physics or thing was there it is not now.

its miracle people still playin' during that video :#:D
    Post edited by EvanAshopenace on
  • here this video of post lean and stuff

• VeNOM2099
    2656 posts Member
    but then again, am talking about offline, not online, offline i don't face a shot like that very often, but its easily stopped, i win games by 5-2 or 4-1 or 5-3 generally speaking, i could careless about online.

i've faced a shot like that, u know what i see u didn't do in that video, u didn't poke check or put paddle down, u had terrible decision, didn't put paddle down.

or u weren't set quite proplery, that shot is really easy to stop, i stop a shot like almost every game.

I never just rely on my leg to stop shot like that, i put paddle down flat on the ice or poke check, what was it called the reverse V-H paddle down.

same for low shots, u see AI Scoring easy on five hole, u need to go into butterfly or paddle down, they do fool me sometimes like that, then i realised i didn't put paddle down or butterfly.

If you're talking about the 2nd clip (not the youtube one) then paddle down wasn't really an option. As for poke checking, it might've worked, but I wasn't expecting my d-man to go stick down, bum in the air in my crease like that... What infuriated me the most is that neither d-man was able to pick up the loose puck which was near the goal line. And on my end, mashing Y to cover the puck did nothing (maybe because I got bumped into?). And then when I tried to slide the other way to push the puck out, it for some reason, decides to slide around and behind me ignoring every NEWTONEAN principle of physics ever conceived by man. Thank god EA's NHL physics were overseen by a Hadron Colider physicist or this game would be a mess... Insert Sarcasm sign here. :p

If you're talkig about the 1st clip, here's a look at how that whole scenario happened (it's in the end of period replays):

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/venom3o99/video/75042678

Initially the player had tried to short side cheese me, so I locked onto the post in VH and he crashed into me losing the puck. Since I saw the puck was loose but one of the players on MY team was near, I decided to play it safe and stay in that position not knowing if he was going to pick up the puck and skate out from behind the net or go around the other way. If he decided to immediately take the puck up, going paddle down would've maybe clipped the puck and he'd lose it. So I waited to see what would happen and... well THAT happened.
  • what u just showed me there was scary beyond beliefs , puck just morphed through pad and across the goal line, how is that even possible , it was like physics was none existent, it sounds like EA Sports probably needs to look at that one, i suggest u show that video to NHL Developer at this point, or private chat him, or find a bugs and glitches and fixes , or i post in NHL technicial support.

but show that to EA Developer first.
  • VeNOM2099
    2656 posts Member
    what u just showed me there was scary beyond beliefs , puck just morphed through pad and across the goal line, how is that even possible , it was like physics was none existent, it sounds like EA Sports probably needs to look at that one, i suggest u show that video to NHL Developer at this point, or private chat him, or find a bugs and glitches and fixes , or i post in NHL technicial support.

Do you know how many times I've showed something like this to Ben? How many others posted similar videos or rants about pucks just magically going through equipments and bodies and such?

And yet year after year, the same problems remain. I don't know what to do anymore. On the one hand, I'm 1000% sure Ben knows about this issue as, like I said, it's been discussed ad nauseam with every new itiration of the game that comes out. Just repeating the same thing over and over won't help at this point. On the other, it's getting frustrating for human goalies to have to constantly deal with the same issues we've been complaining about since NHL 12.

At some point, we just want to be able to do our job and help our teammates without getting EA'd which is about the ONLY consistant thing this game does for us. LOL!
  • EvanAshopenace
    564 posts Member
    edited May 23
    ok , wowzers so that glitch or bug thing been in sense NHL 12, how does EA Sports even survive with that in there, all man if i was developer i'd be all over that in new york second, that'd be embarrassing and huiliation by community, am actually susprised he hasn't gone and fixed that, i wonder what hes waiting for.

I now agree with u venom2099

I now imagine NHL Developers and Mods like this now

• what u just showed me there was scary beyond beliefs , puck just morphed through pad and across the goal line, how is that even possible , it was like physics was none existent, it sounds like EA Sports probably needs to look at that one, i suggest u show that video to NHL Developer at this point, or private chat him, or find a bugs and glitches and fixes , or i post in NHL technicial support.

They know. It's either too hard/costly to fix, or they don't care... or both.
  • WainGretSki
    3105 posts Member
    They know what needs to be fixed. Either there is no budget or resources to fix them. Ben knows everything about this game and is the least of my worries. My worry is more what EA says can and cannot be worked on, and how much they are willing to fork out. When most of your time is implementing new features/modes, you need to cut elsewhere.
  • VeNOM2099
    2656 posts Member
    They know what needs to be fixed. Either there is no budget or resources to fix them. Ben knows everything about this game and is the least of my worries. My worry is more what EA says can and cannot be worked on, and how much they are willing to fork out. When most of your time is implementing new features/modes, you need to cut elsewhere.

This is pretty much what I believe as well. Ben's a smart cookie and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about when he discusses this game and the sport in general. But what he's told the direction of the game needs to be may not entirely lie with him nor how many resources he can alocate to fixing issues versus implementing new features.

It's been said before, but it's a lot easier (and more profitable) for EA to put "New puck physics! New realistic hitting engine" on the box than "Fixed the goalies not covering pucks for the last 10 years"...
  • Froommey
    679 posts Member
    edited May 23
    More of that. Minimum some 100. All other important Sport games doing more in this case. Every year retire some old player. At every Roster update it is possible to add some more. Your generic face look ugly. Many like brothers with same appearance.
  • They know what needs to be fixed. Either there is no budget or resources to fix them. Ben knows everything about this game and is the least of my worries. My worry is more what EA says can and cannot be worked on, and how much they are willing to fork out. When most of your time is implementing new features/modes, you need to cut elsewhere.

I have been saying this for years. When people suggest longer dev cycles (2 year release) I say it may or may not change anything. If the people that decide what to work non decide to add features that look good on the back of the box before fixing the issues it won't matter how long the dev cycle is. It just means more features like zamboni racing...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

If you're talking about the 2nd clip (not the youtube one) then paddle down wasn't really an option. As for poke checking, it might've worked, but I wasn't expecting my d-man to go stick down, bum in the air in my crease like that... What infuriated me the most is that neither d-man was able to pick up the loose puck which was near the goal line. And on my end, mashing Y to cover the puck did nothing (maybe because I got bumped into?). And then when I tried to slide the other way to push the puck out, it for some reason, decides to slide around and behind me ignoring every NEWTONEAN principle of physics ever conceived by man. Thank god EA's NHL physics were overseen by a Hadron Colider physicist or this game would be a mess... Insert Sarcasm sign here. :p

If you're talkig about the 1st clip, here's a look at how that whole scenario happened (it's in the end of period replays):

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/venom3o99/video/75042678

Initially the player had tried to short side cheese me, so I locked onto the post in VH and he crashed into me losing the puck. Since I saw the puck was loose but one of the players on MY team was near, I decided to play it safe and stay in that position not knowing if he was going to pick up the puck and skate out from behind the net or go around the other way. If he decided to immediately take the puck up, going paddle down would've maybe clipped the puck and he'd lose it. So I waited to see what would happen and... well THAT happened.

You’re clip has both the nonsense goal and the goaltender interference that doesn’t get called. I’m not the greatest goalie, but when stuff like that happens, it makes me not want to play the position.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/75067055

I’m afraid to turn around the get the puck in case I kick it. My teammate tried to get close to the puck to puck chip but the puck pick up animation pops and the opponent puts his stick through the net to move the puck closer to him and scores.

6bfpkafzs9l9.png

That’s the moment hit moves the puck. Hits going right through the net.

I don’t play as much goalie as you. But jeez is running the goalie a pretty good strategy. If it’s not a goal when you run the goalie, you don’t get a penalty, so there’s not much to lose when it comes to running the goalie.

I was playing my buddy in HUT, he hits my goalie and it counts.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/epicxowned/video/75067217

When it happens in club and I'm goalie, it certainly does make my blood boil when it’s a goal.

• Daddy5B
    48 posts Member
    Speaking of things we used to have, I'd love to have R1/RB back as the desperation save button, and then use RS instead of LS for the saves. You could then give the goalie options to modify the save with LS.

For example:

LS left/right + RS down = seal off the respective post with the spread eagle.

LS left/right + RS up = diving poke with the stick to that side.

LS up/middle/down + RS left/right = dive high/middle/along the ice, making it much more likely for you to save it if guessed correctly, etc.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • de4c0n_fr05t
    223 posts Member
    edited June 7
    NHLDev wrote: »
    The pokecheck actually aims directly at the puck but does have error in precision based on the relative speed of the puck (the lower the easier it will be to be accurate and the higher, the harder it will be to time with perfect accuracy), the angle at which you poke (more accurate out in front of you and the worst when poking behind yourself) and also taking into account player attributes for player differentiation.

It shouldn't. It should aim where your player is facing, like it used to. Why do you think there's so many tripping penalties?
    Even if you try to aim it with your right stick, the initial poke still aims for the puck THEN you can adjust it with your right stick.
    Very broken system.

[Edited quote for context]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • - I dont care much about leaderboard but would be cool to bring back friend leaderboard for EASHL drop in and club.

- On last gen, there was a celebration were you can point your teammate with your finger using the right stick to tell them they did a good play, bring it back.

- If you're going to stay with the preset built, then give me more than only 5 preset.

- Able to change my preset built between each period would be cool.

Its all i have for now but i love your list, just wish the Dev take note here.
  • GM Connected, if that hasn't been mentioned yet
  • More equipment options would be great. I understand why Easton equipment isn't in the game anymore even though some NHL players still use Easton helmets. But I still don't understand why some of the most popular equipment like the Bauer RE-AKT isn't in the game even though it's available in previous versions of NHL.

In the NHL 20 trailer just released, in the in game footage you can see that Matthews is still wearing the RE-AKT 100. Hopefully we get much needed equipment updates in NHL 20.