EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Does stats matter? or not? I changed my mind today...

Replies

• I guess the guy I beat with all my base award players was just not good with his 99. Just like I wasn’t good with my 96 overall team and sawchuck giving up 10 goals 5 to base gold mc David.
  • Jetset95
    388 posts Member
    Man how do you guys still have the time to keep pushing this nonsense? There are so many variables and EA have stated time and time again there is no mythical ice tilt or algorithm to level out the playing field but you are all super computers who are hard wired into your Xbox's or PS4's so you can't make a mistake - it's all EA's fault when you lose - or when you win.
  • I guess the guy I beat with all my base award players was just not good with his 99. Just like I wasn’t good with my 96 overall team and sawchuck giving up 10 goals 5 to base gold mc David.

All easily explainable by latency. Guy you beat probably had a worse connection than you to the servers. Guy you lost to had a better connection than you.

This isn't complicated.
  • At this point I just play it is what it is but it would be nice to just have consistency
  • At this point I just play it is what it is but it would be nice to just have consistency

Unfortunately if your looking for consistency, this is the wrong game. HUT has been like this every single year since it first came out. Every year I'm hoping they will just let us play without screwing us to sell packs or make the game play even. HUT has nothing to do with skill never has never will. This year I waited until January to buy this game real cheap because its not worth much. As always HUT is the exact same cheating mess it's always been. It's ridiculous every year people saying.. It's your connection lmao. Connection has nothing to do with high rated players that suddenly cant pick up the puck, puck bouncing off skates, stick etc. 99 players missing a open net or hitting the post 5 times a game just to help the weaker player. I've had soooo many games where I drastically out play my opponent and lose in the last few minutes from a random weak shot from the point. Unreal to lose to a obvious inferior player who has almost no time of attack and like 6 shots all game and shoots from anywhere because they can't get in my end and scores. But I scored once in 40 shots lol. Than add how my 93 goalie can't save a beachball, but some low rated goalie is unbelievable. Makes crazy saves all game and I have to hear the commentators talk how amazing he is all game. It's unreal. There's so much more I can add about this. But none of this garbage has anything to do with connection. It's so obvious, watching the exact same gameplay happen in HUT year after year. But as always some players will always say the same things... Learn to play, get a better connection etc lol. I really think the concept of HUT is great but not by this company. It's all about selling packs and players like myself that grind it out and get a super high rated team without dropping any money are the ones getting shafted big-time. So many people with the exact same thing happen to them. It's undeniable!!
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    685 posts Member
    edited June 3
    At this point I just play it is what it is but it would be nice to just have consistency

Unfortunately if your looking for consistency, this is the wrong game. HUT has been like this every single year since it first came out. Every year I'm hoping they will just let us play without screwing us to sell packs or make the game play even. HUT has nothing to do with skill never has never will. This year I waited until January to buy this game real cheap because its not worth much. As always HUT is the exact same cheating mess it's always been. It's ridiculous every year people saying.. It's your connection lmao. Connection has nothing to do with high rated players that suddenly cant pick up the puck, puck bouncing off skates, stick etc. 99 players missing a open net or hitting the post 5 times a game just to help the weaker player. I've had soooo many games where I drastically out play my opponent and lose in the last few minutes from a random weak shot from the point. Unreal to lose to a obvious inferior player who has almost no time of attack and like 6 shots all game and shoots from anywhere because they can't get in my end and scores. But I scored once in 40 shots lol. Than add how my 93 goalie can't save a beachball, but some low rated goalie is unbelievable. Makes crazy saves all game and I have to hear the commentators talk how amazing he is all game. It's unreal. There's so much more I can add about this. But none of this garbage has anything to do with connection. It's so obvious, watching the exact same gameplay happen in HUT year after year. But as always some players will always say the same things... Learn to play, get a better connection etc lol. I really think the concept of HUT is great but not by this company. It's all about selling packs and players like myself that grind it out and get a super high rated team without dropping any money are the ones getting shafted big-time. So many people with the exact same thing happen to them. It's undeniable!!

Except connection has everything to do with that. If your opponent has a better connection to the server, they'll have an easier time. If you're further away, latency will do exactly the behaviour you claim it doesn't.

I wish people could remove their tinfoil hats, and accept that there is not ice tilt.

Unless you're playing in the same house as the person you're vs, one of you will be closer to the server, and will have the advantage. It's really simple.

Crying ice tilt for losses is a cop-out excuse. Claiming it also helps you win is only trying to justify your excuses for losing.

/thread
  • I don't agree at all.. But we all have our opinions. Let's just say for argument sake your right. Should EA even have this mode in the game, if so many people don't have a chance because of server issues. Year after year the same thing happens in HUT. These aren't the dial up days. Most people have very fast internet. Nothing but a crap shoot everytime you play. Like I said before than skill has nothing to do with it. It's not fair for the tons of people buying this game and enjoy HUT but can't compete fairly due to unknown internet issues. Either way no matter what's going on here it's not right and makes HUT unplayable and annoying.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    685 posts Member
    edited June 3
    I suppose every game with servers should just change to single player games. You're not gonna get rid of the fact that physical distance from the server dictates your connection, along with everything between you and the server the signal has to get through(don't think your actual internet speed matters much here). Even if ea had perfect servers, the above facts will still dictate who has a better connection to the server. Ea can't control the variables that determine who's going to have an advantage.

Having the disadvantage doesn't mean you can't still win. You just have to compensate when possible. Adjusting when you would normally start your shot, or pass or whatever. It's not easy, and doesn't always mean you can over come it, but it can be done.

I'm willing to bet every top player with a nearly unbeaten record, are all super close to whatever server they are playing on.
  • Tonysl79
    267 posts Member
    If location and proximity to the server is such a key issue for playing hut, then somewhere on the game it should say this to inform customers before they buy.
  • Oupik
    59 posts Member
    Oupik wrote: »
    I do not understund how can somebody who played this game for long time and do not see how low rating card effect opponent..

I guess the guy who beat me 4 to 1 who had an entire literally every player 99 ovr just got lucky.

I played a lot with a 55 ovr backup goalie, to get a lower team ovr. Didn't seem to matter. Put 89 ovr Moog back in backup, to 96 ovr, and again, no difference.

The only difference is in who's got the better connection to the server. They're the one who are gonna have a better feeling game, regardless of attributes.

There's no tinfoil hat needed. The simplest explanation is most often the correct explanation, and it doesn't get any simpler here.

What is it for weird luck when only players with bese cards have good connection...
  • Tonysl79 wrote: »
    If location and proximity to the server is such a key issue for playing hut, then somewhere on the game it should say this to inform customers before they buy.

Not really. It's kind of a standard thing with how the internet has worked since... I dunno... Ever?
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    685 posts Member
    edited June 5
    I do not understund how can somebody who played this game for long time and do not see how low rating card effect opponent..

I guess the guy who beat me 4 to 1 who had an entire literally every player 99 ovr just got lucky.

I played a lot with a 55 ovr backup goalie, to get a lower team ovr. Didn't seem to matter. Put 89 ovr Moog back in backup, to 96 ovr, and again, no difference.

The only difference is in who's got the better connection to the server. They're the one who are gonna have a better feeling game, regardless of attributes.

There's no tinfoil hat needed. The simplest explanation is most often the correct explanation, and it doesn't get any simpler here.

What is it for weird luck when only players with bese cards have good connection...

That's called confirmation bias. You only notice it when your preconceived notion of ice tilt tells you it's because they have a low team. Must be ice tilt, couldn't possibly be they have a better connection to the server.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    Post edited by Z0mbieBabyJesus on
  • RSO75
    62 posts Member
    At this point I just play it is what it is but it would be nice to just have consistency

I wish people could remove their tinfoil hats, and accept that there is not ice tilt.

Unless you're playing in the same house as the person you're vs, one of you will be closer to the server, and will have the advantage. It's really simple.

/thread
    You keep saying there is no ice tilt, but then you say the one closer to a server location will have a gameplay advantage by default. How is that not ice tilt?

• RSO75 wrote: »

/thread
    You keep saying there is no ice tilt, but then you say the one closer to a server location will have a gameplay advantage by default. How is that not ice tilt?

Because that's not what people consider ice tilt to be.

Ice tilt is literally people thinking the game is intentionally programmed to provide an advantage to a weaker opponent. How is physical distance, and its impact on latency, anything related to ice tilt? It isn't.

You don't like it? Feel free to move closer to one of the servers. Otherwise, you're spending alot of energy complaining about something that can't be fixed, because ea aren't able to manipulate reality. You figure that last part out, feel free to claim your Nobel peace prize.
  • What can be fixed is the players that dance the whole game you can hit them with the whole team and the wall and the puck doesn’t move. Figure skating isn’t hockey but it is nhl 19.
  • Oupik
    59 posts Member
    edited June 10
    I play this game a years... Every week win div1 title with no problem,,, and alway when my team is like drunk, bad passing, stupid penalty, stupid offside, and many problems, then I see the team of opponent and can see low overal or many base cards, so no, it is not in my mind, hen I first see result and then opponent cards... Not care, do what you do best. Is realy funny that as I was complain years players, as they are boosted by best connection to EA servers, that disapear after new servers, and all people told me, that Im stupid, and now all people talking that, connection making advantage... 😂 Lol

[Removed unnecessary call out]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • I have a 96 overall team almost all skaters 99 speed either natural or using bu and s synergies I played a all silver team that beat me up the ice every play. I guess it’s server lag. I won the game but it was an interesting game.
  • I don't know if it is called ice tilt or what but I have definitely played against teams with all 99 players in regards to speed, acceleration, agility, and balance etc. but some teams are blazing up and down the ice (human controlled and AI controlled players) and playing as they should according to their attributes. Then in other games the team that has the exact same attributes is suddenly skating at about the same speed and not winning foot races against players they should easily win against throughout the game.

Obviously the latter is beneficial to me who has a team with worse ratings but certainly would irritate the person on the other end who is getting the shaft. It didn't happen every time though so at best I would say its more of a randomization feature at the start of every game rather than something that is implemented to make sure the game is more fair for each game against teams with lower ratings.

If the connection can impact game-play in that manner that is something that really needs to get fixed and some functionality needs to be implemented where you can set your network preferences to only be matched up with people or servers under a certain ping.
  • I don't know if it is called ice tilt or what but I have definitely played against teams with all 99 players in regards to speed, acceleration, agility, and balance etc. but some teams are blazing up and down the ice (human controlled and AI controlled players) and playing as they should according to their attributes. Then in other games the team that has the exact same attributes is suddenly skating at about the same speed and not winning foot races against players they should easily win against throughout the game.

Obviously the latter is beneficial to me who has a team with worse ratings but certainly would irritate the person on the other end who is getting the shaft. It didn't happen every time though so at best I would say its more of a randomization feature at the start of every game rather than something that is implemented to make sure the game is more fair for each game against teams with lower ratings.

If the connection can impact game-play in that manner that is something that really needs to get fixed and some functionality needs to be implemented where you can set your network preferences to only be matched up with people or servers under a certain ping.

Regarding the last paragraph. I'd love if we could select our own search perimeters. We used to be able to years ago.
  • Tonysl79
    267 posts Member
    Try to match up with guys within 500 or 1000 in the rankings. At least that would put you up against people around your skill level instead of playing 3 or 4 games in a row of elites then one or two games of weak opponents then you finally get a good game or two against someone in your skill level.
    The elites like to beat up on weaker opponents while not playing other elite players, that needs to be fixed as well.