EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 20 wishlist and suggestions

Replies

• 1) Bring back the paid "boosts" to help us offset the completely asinine negative side effects, or drop them all together, and just have the traits with no downsides. Being a better passer doesnt make you a worse shooter. Being stronger does not make you slower.
    Personally, I'd opt for just dropping the negative side effects as opposed to MTing the boosts. Make the attributes matter...

2) Frostbite.

3)Eliminate the hit bubble that seems to protect players. This issue is compunded by the fact that it occurs when the forced comeback is about to start, or when the other team is much lower in terms of CR.

4)Much better physics, the puck not coming off the pads in the correct direction, forget angle, has been an issue for the last couple releases. Shooting from the left side, hitting the goalie's left pad does not result in the puck rocketing back to the shooter's left corner.
  • pkFricken
    1 posts New member
    The ability to have no name said by commentators for a player. It's a small thing, but it's annoying trying to create a custom character and need to select a last name that doesn't fit. You can do it with teams, why not with players?
  • JpNHL112
    32 posts Member
    An automatic hockey bag opener

Or even better get rid of hockey bags, just see the items you've earned when you earn them. Hockey bags was a total waste of everyone's time

Or just let the players buy what they want through micro-transactions; not anything expensive but maybe something along the lines of let's say US$.99 on all items (Which is literally the cost of a good premium avatar.)? I know the word: "micro-transactions" is like heresy in the gaming world; but that makes much more sense to me to get the things you want and don't want, and then use those and ONLY those items instead of something stupid like most of the stuff that they give you in these bags.
  • In EASHL 3s you can still force a faceoff in the opposite end by slashing after the play. Either award the penalty shot or take out the "penalty" from the mode. Either way it should be fixed.

• And on the topic of EASHL 3s penalties....

If the current method of awarding penalty shots is going to be kept there needs to be a change to how the penalty shot is awarded.

Right now if multiple penalties are taken, the last penalty is the one that determines who takes the penalty shot. This basically allows the team taking the penalty to choose who takes the shot against them. It's a common tactic to intentionally take a penalty against the other team's weakest offensive player during the delayed penalty.

Either the first penalty should be the one to "count" or multiple penalties should result in multiple penalty shots ( my preference ).

• > @PlayoffError said:
    > And on the topic of EASHL 3s penalties....
    >
    > If the current method of awarding penalty shots is going to be kept there needs to be a change to how the penalty shot is awarded.
    >
    > Right now if multiple penalties are taken, the last penalty is the one that determines who takes the penalty shot. This basically allows the team taking the penalty to choose who takes the shot against them. It's a common tactic to intentionally take a penalty against the other team's weakest offensive player during the delayed penalty.
    >
    > Either the first penalty should be the one to "count" or multiple penalties should result in multiple penalty shots ( my preference ).

Not a bad idea man, but how about a bit of both 3's world and real world? First penalty results in the penalty shot, second one results in an actual 4 on 3 powerplay? The offending player goes off and is replaced by AI. This way 3's would allow for PPG's as well.
  • Not a bad idea man, but how about a bit of both 3's world and real world? First penalty results in the penalty shot, second one results in an actual 4 on 3 powerplay? The offending player goes off and is replaced by AI. This way 3's would allow for PPG's as well.

I'm not opposed to that either. But when they first introduced EASHL 3s they did have 4v3 powerplays on penalties and there was a lot of complaining. Most people are playing 3s to minimize the number of AI players they play with. Suddenly adding two AI players because of a penalty wasn't to everyone's liking.

Some people ( myself included ) wanted penalties to result in a 3v2 PP with subsequent penalties being penalty shots or even going to 3v1 but the devs went the penalty shot route.

• paunoscornos
    3 posts New member
    To pc it is and stays on my wishlist. I really would like to see it on pc cause I like to play multiple games of EA and this one got to be my favourite, the one I can't play for now, but its a wishlist, we'll see, maybe one year or till I just go get some console.
  • Since we can tell the Ai to shoot the puck in EASHL with RB/R2, let us be able to command them to dump the puck into the zone.
  • Suggestion:

How about goalies potential vs skaters potential. The players in the game reach their potential at age 27. For skaters, this is pretty accurate in terms of NHL players. But, a lot of goalies are back ups or in the minors for quite a while thoughout their 20s. Goalies don’t normally break out in the NHL until around 27ish. I would say make it so the goalies can reach potentials until they are around 29? I do enjoy the fact a goalie can have a good season and have his overall attributes go up the following season. Goalies can have hot seasons which makes this very accurate. Case in point, Devan Dubnyk when he arrived in Minnesota. He was 28 at that time. Or Raanta and Kuemper in Arizona. Raanta was 28 when arriving in Arizona. Kuemper is 28 right now. Jordan Binnington is 25. Having himself a phenomenal year. Don’t think he’s quite reached his max potential yet as he’s got a Bright future ahead of him.
  • The puck chop should conform to the same rules and restrictions that are in the game for pokes, DSS and incidental contact. It can be a great tool, but right now it's just broken.

This play should result in either the defender's stick not making contact after ghosting through the players body or it should be a penalty ( trip or slash ) as it would be if the defender tried to poke or stick lift from there.

• EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Since we can tell the Ai to shoot the puck in EASHL with RB/R2, let us be able to command them to dump the puck into the zone.

I'd like to have this option(s) as a goalie, as well.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Chickenspear93
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Stretch breakout passing. Why is my pass recipient skating 10 feet offside before stopping (or line dragging) when the puck is at the red line? Not even an attempt to get back onside.

Bad line changes. 2 on 2 turns into a 2 on 1 because my AI d-man skated by the bench and changed. Should be coded so the D-man can't change if the opposition has the puck from the opposition blue line-up ice.

Breakout passes. Falls under bad line changes as well. should be coded as forwards can't change on a break-out in their own zone until a teammate has possession in the neutral zone.

AI lookin' like a lumberjack out there. Chill the hell out with the constant stick lift attempts. always turns into a 2-5 minute'r.

[Socair - edited swear filter]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • RSO75
    86 posts Member

Playing team of the week in the Panthers arena vs Canada is oooollllddd, very old. Can you change it up a bit?
  • Tonysl79
    504 posts Member
    For nhl 20 have two competitive seasons, one for all the pay to players and one for those who grind out the seasons without buying their teams. So at least when you get matched up with an all 99 team you know the guy earned it instead of just buying it.
  • Suggestion: Please hide Prestige and CR from public view.

I lost count how many times people have backed out of the 2 minute game lobby because someone on their team had a low Prestige level.
    Keep Prestige visible to only yourself.
    Hide CR altogether, it doesn't mean anything anyways.
  • - I dont care much about leaderboard but would be cool to bring back friend leaderboard for EASHL drop in and club.

- On last gen, there was a celebration were you can point your teammate with your finger using the right stick to tell them they did a good play, bring it back.

- If you're going to stay with the preset built, then give me more than only 5 preset.

- Able to change my preset built between each period would be cool.

- Ea need to push hard to make this game cross-play!
  • If they add anything for be a pro or a new career mode!!!! i'm not buying if nothing is not done for be a pro mode. I'm sick of EA catering to online only players, they ask for suggestions and honestly i haven't seen any survey results or as a customer have been asked what i think needs to be adding or fixed in the game. I know game changers are 90-95 % online players and mix in twitch streamers is why we don't get anything new or updated toward be a pro, they lost a customer this year because they have chosen not to even seek feedback and how i think the game could be made better and what i would like to see. EA should take note of how SDS does there career mode on the road to show in baseball. So be a pro or career mode overhaul or i'm out again, i'm sick of the same updates ( HUT AND EASHL ) they get a lot of updates every time a new game comes out which is not fair to single player mode customers.
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

TN: Snipers USA

GT: King Loves23
  • I haven’t touched 2019, but played 18 a bit. I’m a fan of the career mode. Here’s what I’d like to see improved and sick of...

1. God mode- it seems like no matter how you adjust the sliders, there’s no realistic aspect. Feast or famine. You adjust a little bit and you can’t pass a pick. One tick lower, and you are in the cup finals EVERY YEAR. I want it a little more realistic. Some years your team doesn’t do good. Some you might have a chance to win it all. It shouldn’t be a difference of a 60 point season or a 3 point season for your player though on one tick of a slider.
    2. Variety of contracts- no matter the type of player at any position, it’s always 2 teams that give you a two year contract. Making a performance based contract offer, and teams that would want you an option. Make it a little more realistic in contact negotiations.
    3. Picture upload?- I feel like this was an option a while ago, but can we upload a picture to fill in a face for our character?
    4. Better balancing on play- there is no way to defend other than poke check. ensue countless penalties.
    5. Better programming for one timers. As a defensive player, it seems any time I use that left stick to try a one timer, he always goods after the nearest player. No shot, ensuing interference call. I just wanna have a one timer option from time to time.

Thanks for what you all do
  • 4. Better balancing on play- there is no way to defend other than poke check. ensue countless penalties.
    5. Better programming for one timers. As a defensive player, it seems any time I use that left stick to try a one timer, he always goods after the nearest player. No shot, ensuing interference call. I just wanna have a one timer option from time to time.

I do absolutly agree with shiftyjustin.