EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Nerf the stick lift Its over power

Please ea make a patch and Nerf the stick Lft it’s too over powered Nerf the stick lift or get it out of the game.

it’s not called nhl 19 stick lift hockey please EA make a patch and Nerf the stick lift it’s too over powered Nerf it the stick lift or get it out of the game

It’s not called stick lift NHL 19 it’s called skilled NHL 19 please take the stick lift out of the game please make a patch and fix itThis spamming of the stick lift is wrecking the game I hope you do the right thing and Nerf the stick lift take it out of the game so people would have to no how play hockey properly

Replies

• Yes the the stick lift is way op, most games it feels more like sword fighting than playing hockey hopefully for 20 they will tune it back just a bit
  • It’s not spamming it. I have tried it you just have to hold it not even click it multiple times your user controlled and AI controlled lift like ninjas. Only drawback is you can pick up interference penalties if you don’t watch where you skate. They need to change this and ice dance mode. You shouldn’t be able to take the puck from behind the net crouched down protecting the puck every d hit you at least twice and never bobble the puck. Those players that can manipulate that and the lift button are hard to beat and aren’t playing hockey.
  • You shouldn’t be able to take the puck from behind the net crouched down protecting the puck every d hit you at least twice and never bobble the puck. Those players that can manipulate that and the lift button are hard to beat and aren’t playing hockey.

This....
  • Agreed 100%
  • This and when people glitch their stick with the puck through the boards to avoid being checked.

Sometimes you can't even press them against the boards because they intentionally skate diagonally into the boards.

Soooooo... You have no choice but to try and bump them off the puck. Then they just use that as an exploit to get one timers or spinning corner shots.
  • I vote for Nerf
  • The stick lift is a joke can you please nerf it for 20
  • They won’t then the raggers won’t play.
  • TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited July 6
    They have to keep it to where those that can manipulate a controller can make a minor league bottom nine player a hall of famer. How do you get skill above 99? My lemieux lost a face off to the lower skill tag. Last I checked he was 99. How is he lower unless there is adjusting. I guess it lowers the 99 as your ping rate drops.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    830 posts Member
    edited July 10
    They have to keep it to where those that can manipulate a controller can make a minor league bottom nine player a hall of famer. How do you get skill above 99? My lemieux lost a face off to the lower skill tag. Last I checked he was 99. How is he lower unless there is adjusting. I guess it lowers the 99 as your ping rate drops.

99 doesn't guarantee a faceoff win. Timing and correct faceoff stance, and style (stick lift, forehand, backhand, tie up etc) matter more(ping advantage is also a big factor). The attribute I believe only provides a tie breaker in the event both players take the perfect faceoff/counter.

Maybe nhldev can confirm.
  • I can live with those reasons Zombie I can handle the late and early tags. It’s the lower skill. If skill is 99 how is it lower then an opponent