EA Forums - Banner

Probably the most underwhelming franchise release yet?

Prev134
No PC.
No frostbite.
No new mechanics.
A BR mode that nobody asked for.

Replies

• Why do you want frostbite?
  • jrago73
    646 posts Member
    so... nothing?

Same ol "improved puck pickups" and "reworked goalie ai to pay attention to everything... again... still... more" and some new shooting animations, a new way to ignore ones and some challenges?

Having a hard time conveying my feelings and staying free from the swear filter. I hope you're holding back and you didn't miss ea play for "unlock your style".
  • Another year, another non purchase.
  • abhzlsy3eouv.png
    iicvvzuibaw5.png

It says goalies are improved with the new AI. Show me where they’re improved with these screenshots. Goalies are still garbage. I’ll pass plus no PC. Thanks but no thanks ea devs.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Why do you want frostbite?

They think it would change things.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Why do you want frostbite?

They think it would change things.

I don’t want frostbite, I want Unreal. Way easier for devs and is also up there in graphics.
  • Moxrox84
    303 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    EA is so completely out of touch with its players. Who is coming up with these idiotic and unwanted ideas? Does Madden have battle royale? Fifa? NBA? Do those franchises have 1's equivalents? No. Why? Because they're stupid ideas. People have been asking for everything but what they're putting into the game. Honestly, I've never seen a gaming company that is so embarrassingly out of touch with its player base.

[Socair - edited out call out]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • usmckillem
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Moxrox84 wrote: »
    EA is so completely out of touch with its players. Who is coming up with these idiotic and unwanted ideas? Does Madden have battle royale? Fifa? NBA? Do those franchises have 1's equivalents? No. Why? Because they're stupid ideas. People have been asking for everything but what they're putting into the game. Honestly, I've never seen a gaming company that is so embarrassingly out of touch with its player base.
    [Socair - edited quote]
    Couldn’t agree more. So sad what this franchise has become. David Littman was better.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Little to no interest in the new customizable balaclavas, hats, apparel, or “Battle Royale” mode. Would rather more customization in club, player faces, etc.

Community wanted custom goalie masks? Didn’t get it

Community wanted more faces scanned? Didn’t get it

Community wanted a single player upgrade to Be A Pro and upgrades to Be A GM?
    Didn’t get it

Community wanted upgraded graphics?
    Didn’t get it

Community wanted better stadium atmosphere?
    Didn’t get it

• barrett098
    428 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    usmckillem wrote: »
    abhzlsy3eouv.png
    iicvvzuibaw5.png

It says goalies are improved with the new AI. Show me where they’re improved with these screenshots. Goalies are still garbage. I’ll pass plus no PC. Thanks but no thanks ea devs.

on the new features list it said goalie got 200 new save animations/puck cover animations but on the reveal trailer they looked exactly the same..movements and save animations. same thing it has been for almost 4-5 yrs now.
  • Follisimo
    1132 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    [Socair - edited quote]

You aren't looking at the big picture obviously. There is a reason Sony didn't go to E3 this year. There is a reason Microsoft didn't show off lots of new games at E3..... the next-gen consoles are next year.

That is why NHL added a battle royale type thing from an already existing mode. It's the gimmick of the game for 20. They did announce a new broadcast team which they said Doc n Eddie only got like 30hrs of time for them, while the new group has like 300hrs of time put in. They dropped the whole NBC Sports thing because well you gotta adhere to what is allowed and isn't by their standards. They made some gameplay changes and added some new things.

I'm not saying NHL 20 is gonna be amazing, but I merely hope they learned their lessons from NHL 15 going next-gen. So when they have to bring things over it would have been a waste to have GM Connected,Frostbite, or the game on PC this year. But it's merely hopes for NHL 21 that they are actually prepared when the time comes.
    Post edited by Socair on

• djneohockey
    723 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    [Socair- edited quote]

So they get a new "game director" for a game a couple of years ago. The one that worked on the Need for speed game. And we know where this game is right now :(
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Froommey
    800 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Little to no interest in the new customizable balaclavas, hats, apparel, or “Battle Royale” mode. Would rather more customization in club, player faces, etc.

Community wanted custom goalie masks? Didn’t get it

Community wanted more faces scanned? Didn’t get it

Community wanted a single player upgrade to Be A Pro and upgrades to Be A GM?
    Didn’t get it

Community wanted upgraded graphics?
    Didn’t get it

Community wanted better stadium atmosphere?
    Didn’t get it

You talk about same as my wishes are. 100% agree. This game is going complete other direction as the NHL fanbase wants. So many talking to go more authentic direction and they do the opposite.
  • Also I cant believe clown gear and outdoor rinks are back. I hardly ever play dropins but I thought all the dropin players hated the new outdoor rink and clown gear. Plus, its so dumb how after you hit level 50 in EASHL you wont get any hockeybags from playing 3s or 6s. I'm level 50 now and only half half the stuff unlocked and there is no way Im gonna play ONES to get more bags. Why not just make it you keep getting hockeybags till you unlock everything instead of stop giving them out in 3s/6s once you hit level 50?
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    EA seems to want draw more casual gamers into the game, since they keep losing the hardcore hockey fans... too bad casual gamers aren't interested in hockey at all, it's just too niche. So all you got is your hardcore hockey fans. Make the game for us.

If you make the game good, then word gets around, and even casuals get it. You got it the wrong way around.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    EA seems to want draw more casual gamers into the game, since they keep losing the hardcore hockey fans... too bad casual gamers aren't interested in hockey at all, it's just too niche. So all you got is your hardcore hockey fans. Make the game for us.

If you make the game good, then word gets around, and even casuals get it. You got it the wrong way around.

EXACTLY.

• jrago73
    646 posts Member
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

I agree with you but I'm fine with trying to bring in casual or new fans, I just think they do it the wrong way. Make your steady fanbase happy with features and gameplay first. Free on ea access and xbox live gold is good like they did. Start having a presence at ea play in front of all those new and casual eyeballs. Dont make your game invisible and then disappoint your hardcore fans too.

I'm still hoping there are a lot of quality of life improvements that we haven't heard yet or in practice the seamless blabla improvements we talk about every year are actually a significant difference this year.
  • savatagion24
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2019

I sometimes wonder if this team is the same one responsible for RBI Baseball. There's a reason by MLB The Show sells like 1000 times more copies, gets great reviews even when they don't do much to improve the game, and is acknowledged as the leader in their genre ... More than anything, it's because they strive to make their game based on the actual real sport. It's not an unrealistic arcade monstrocity with gimmick modes.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • I’m sure the auction house will still not be real time bidding. Hey place a bid and keep backing out then back in. That’s some playing there.