EA Forums - Banner

Will You Buy NHL 20 If It Doesn't Have GM Connected or Roster Share?

2Next

Replies

• Drewkon
    2 posts New member
    I love franchise mode and developing players. Online gm was the epitome of this. So much fun. HUT just feels like a money grab, but a fun concept. Eashl is great.

I’d like to see some changes to franchise like when there is an Olympic year(or after every season when the worlds happen), players can be invited if they’re playing well. If your players get invited, you can play their games on player lock or something. Or at least a sim generated tourney where the player can gain experience and stats are logged.

It may be fun to have a highlight package hub somewhere too, for scores of the night.

I’d like to see in playoff(tournament) mode, an option for which cup you will be playing for.

I’d like to see free4all back too. Offline.

What is roster sharing? Can someone explain that? And frostbite?
  • Drewkon wrote: »
    I love franchise mode and developing players. Online gm was the epitome of this. So much fun. HUT just feels like a money grab, but a fun concept. Eashl is great.

I’d like to see some changes to franchise like when there is an Olympic year(or after every season when the worlds happen), players can be invited if they’re playing well. If your players get invited, you can play their games on player lock or something. Or at least a sim generated tourney where the player can gain experience and stats are logged.

It may be fun to have a highlight package hub somewhere too, for scores of the night.

I’d like to see in playoff(tournament) mode, an option for which cup you will be playing for.

I’d like to see free4all back too. Offline.

What is roster sharing? Can someone explain that? And frostbite?

Roster sharing is where one person creates a roster, regardless what that roster is (example, creates a bunch of stars from the 80s era and assigns them to said teams of that era) and from there that player can share his roster with other people who want that roster. Or a player can remake all the faces and use those players in his roster and share it with other people.

Frostbite is an engine to design games. Fifa and Madden run on Frostbite right now, but NHL does not. Alot of people want the NHL engine to be changed to Frostbite. Also, there are alot of people who don't want the NHL franchise to use Frostbite (myself included).
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    So do we get news about NHL20 today. Isn't the Awards around this time?
  • Tomorrow, I think
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    yup. No mention of GM connected, so some people are gonna be disappointed. Mind you, they set themselves up for disappointment, since it was almost sure that game mode would not be back.
  • Yup, as long as it has EASHL, that's all I need.
  • Yea, because I do most of my playing offline with buddies, roster sharing is a big one for me. If not then include an extensive list of Legends in all modes. But over the past years NHL has been a little disappointing when it comes to Offline play. Not saying they aren't improving but you can tell it is getting a bit neglected when you compare it to NBA2k or something.
  • Hey guys. Same as all of you, I am longing for EA to bring back GM Connected. I've read through numerous forums, and it is very apparent that there was a large fanbase for the game mode. Our individual voices have yet to be heard and truly considered by EA, so I started a petition to bring it back. I would greatly appreciate it if you all signed the petition and shared it with your friends as well. Only as a collective will we be able to bring back the game mode we all loved. I appreciate your time and consideration.

http://chng.it/MvqLysMH
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Closing old thread. Please don’t necropost or make duplicate threads.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.