EA Forums - Banner

No frost bite sad step in the wrong direction

starfox962
4 posts Member
edited June 2019
So this will be my first time I have never bought an NHL game I’m disappointed because if frostbite is not in the game

I will not buy it if moment live is not in the game I will not buy it if nhl hut single player season mode is not in the game I will not buy it you will lose me as a customer so this will be my first time I have never bought an NHL game.

I’m disappointed because if frostbite is not in the game I will not buy it

I was pretty mad this year playing hut and being bored because they took out NHL 19 hut single player off-line season mode out of the game

I think its not very good that ea sports takes things out of the game when they should be adding things to the game so I hope ea sports pays the attention to this post because EA I have been playing your game since NHL PA 94 I have every single NHL game.

please add frostbite in to NHL 20 just like 2K sports is kicking your **** every year ea sports and they’re not even making NHL games they’re making more money then you guys are because there adding frostbite to there games and like I said it’s a step in the wrong direction If you don’t add frostbite

if you want to lose me as a customer just do not put frostbite in the game and I will be gone forever so please please put frostbite in the game and some other modes you’ve taken out

you have no business taking out other modes in the game like cutting offline hut season mode like moments live GM connected and battle for the cup mode

we should be able to add are own music to our game just like we were in PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

[Socair - removed religion reference; please see the rules https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/129165/ea-forums-guidelines-rules ]
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• Wow...........
  • please read up on Frostbite. Spend like 45 minutes today reading from a few sources. Please
  • I'm just as disappointed about NHL 20 as the next guy, but I don't understand everyone's infatuation with Frostbite. What does everyone expect to happen if they switched to a different engine?
  • I don’t mean to say this but ea sports has lost me as a customer do to neglection of frostbite frostbite was supposed to be in NHL 19 and now you tell me frostbite ain’t in 20 I think it’s a step in wrong direction for NHL franchise the NHL franchise is dead that’s why I’m playing a nhl 18 I have been for a whole year now ea sports u constantly rips people off and

it’s not fair we’re Playing the same game over again all rammer does is copy and paste which I’m tired of I’m tired playing the same game over over again

I have been playing NHL since NHL PA 93 I’ve grown tired of modes being taken out like NHL hut off-line season mode and moments live And battle for the cup and

they took out in hut last year ultimate team custom sirens no Eagles Coyote howl no nothing

ea sports constantly keeps missing the mark and now I’m done until they figure out to put frostbite in NHL 20 or 21 I will not buy a single hockey game ever again until they start get their act together
  • Socair
    2706 posts Game Changer
    @starfox962 I’ve merged your threads. Please don’t make new ones on the same topic. I’ve left you’re newer one up because it has some different points, but generally any repetitive posts/threads will be removed.
  • In case you didn’t know I know what frostbite means to NHL 20 it is an engine that ea needs to implement in NHL it change the skating it change the graphics it changes the whole thing right now NHL 19 is on insight if they change NHL 20 to frostbite The game will also run a lot smoother gives it brighter graphics a whole Lotta things will change if they go to frostbite

it will be a whole lot better the graphics will be better the colour will be better the skating will you better you can do a lot more with frostbite then you can with insight

that’s why I’m not buying any nhl 20 because it’s a revamp frostbite graphics change the skating fundamentals change the sticks change everything about the game frostbite

the way to go it changes the whole dynamic of everything and I think it’s a big mistake to think that I don’t know what I’m talking about because frostbite changes the whole game graphics skating sticks body checks color changes everything that’s why we want it it’s a new engine that you ea sports should use frostbite gives you more tools to use the NHL 20 it Hass to go to frostbite

it Hass to because u can’t be making the same game and not using a different engine it will be different if they use frostbite its the way to go that’s what makes the game different way different dynamic when you change the engine why do you think 2K in every other gaming company switch the frostbite think about it for a while Even NBA 2K 19 uses frostbite ask yourself why you’re all other gaming companies using frostbite because it’s a different engine and

it changes the game changes everything don’t believe me fine but esports understand what I’m saying And if I were designer and I were rammer I think about implementing frostbite in NHL 20 and giving us the best of the best otherwise he’s not just disappointing the community but he’s disappointing everybody else and the whole wide world
  • sethamphetamines
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    FIFA and Madden have both suffered in quality after the switch. Better specular highlights on the players helmet isn't worth the rest of the issues.

It wasn't supposed to be in 19 or 20, and I hope it doesn't come to this series at all.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/anthem-crashes-ps4-xbox-one-pc-ea-frostbite-2017415

You should educate yourself on this.

[Removed bait]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Musrsee
    71 posts Member
    don't worry about stuff being taken out. They will add it back down the road by that time you'd forget all about it, and you'd think it's a brand new feature.
  • j0rtsu67
    604 posts Member
    Musrsee wrote: »
    don't worry about stuff being taken out. They will add it back down the road by that time they think you'd forget all about it, and you'd think it's a brand new feature.
    Corrected. o:)

• deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    FIFA and Madden have both suffered in quality after the switch. Better specular highlights on the players helmet isn't worth the rest of the issues.

It wasn't supposed to be in 19 or 20, and I hope it doesn't come to this series at all.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/anthem-crashes-ps4-xbox-one-pc-ea-frostbite-2017415

[Removed bait]

Well I think we can all agree there needs to be a new engine... if Frostbite isn't that great than time to start building a new engine for ea sports games then... Next Gen is less then 2 years away and we definitely cannot go into next gen with the nhl engine we have now
  • BruinsHockey08
    1150 posts Member
    edited June 2019

I can't speak for FIFA (since I don't play it) but I think Madden gameplay wise has gotten better since they added Frostbite. Madden lacks in other areas but I find the gameplay probably the best it ever has been. I am sure I am in the minority on this opinion but that is okay by me.

@starfox962
    I think NHL can build off of this current technology, I don't think Frostbite can do more for the game as it stands. If EA wanted to add flash to the game than maybe it is worth a switch but since they have seemingly abandoned Be a Pro mode, where the engine really shines, there is no reason to transition to Frostbite. At least not yet.
  • FIFA and Madden have both suffered in quality after the switch. Better specular highlights on the players helmet isn't worth the rest of the issues.

[Removed bait]

Well I think we can all agree there needs to be a new engine... if Frostbite isn't that great than time to start building a new engine for ea sports games then... Next Gen is less then 2 years away and we definitely cannot go into next gen with the nhl engine we have now

Building your own engine from scratch is a huge undertaking. They probably won't ever do it, much less for the start of next-gen.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Lol, Frostbite is the last thing NHL needs at this point.
  • starfox962 wrote: »
    So this will be my first time I have never bought an NHL game I’m disappointed because if frostbite is not in the game

I will not buy it if moment live is not in the game I will not buy it if nhl hut single player season mode is not in the game I will not buy it you will lose me as a customer so this will be my first time I have never bought an NHL game.

I’m disappointed because if frostbite is not in the game I will not buy it

I was pretty mad this year playing hut and being bored because they took out NHL 19 hut single player off-line season mode out of the game

I think its not very good that ea sports takes things out of the game when they should be adding things to the game so I hope ea sports pays the attention to this post because EA I have been playing your game since NHL PA 94 I have every single NHL game.

please add frostbite in to NHL 20 just like 2K sports is kicking your **** every year ea sports and they’re not even making NHL games they’re making more money then you guys are because there adding frostbite to there games and like I said it’s a step in the wrong direction If you don’t add frostbite

if you want to lose me as a customer just do not put frostbite in the game and I will be gone forever so please please put frostbite in the game and some other modes you’ve taken out

you have no business taking out other modes in the game like cutting offline hut season mode like moments live GM connected and battle for the cup mode

we should be able to add are own music to our game just like we were in PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

[Socair - removed religion reference; please see the rules https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/129165/ea-forums-guidelines-rules ]

Wow, you really do need to educate yourself about frostbite. For starters 2k are NOT using frostbite in their games, EA owns frostbite. Every time I have ever read about frostbite being used in sports games, there are more negatives than positives. I hope frostbite never comes to the NHL series.
  • I just hope that OP not buying NHL games anymore will also stop him from making barely understandable rants on the forums.
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Frostbite is what you get when you hike Everest in flip flops.
  • I don't think Frostbite makes or breaks the Franchise. A game engine is just the structure (sound, graphics, etc) that make up how the game is created. If you pull out the sound engine and swap it for another it's technically a new engine.

NHL does need to be on the forefront of technology to not be behind the curve, but that is also different when it's running on a console vs a PC where how far you can push your bounds is limited by the power of a console generation.

The quality of what is in the game is what matters more than the game engine for the NHL franchise in this debate.

Right now we're at a point where the NHL series has become very flat. What was once considered an improvement in depth for the Franchise has become stale.

I think we all get excited about the promise of what can be, and it's difficult to remain excited when that whithers on the vine.

If you go pickup Franchise Hockey Manager, or East Side Hockey there is a level of depth there that is incredible in so many areas. One of the big points for me has been on ice strategy, getting players who fit that system and executing it.

The problem for NHL is that we've had the same handful of choices for as long as I can remember. Running them doesn't really matter based on your line or roster, they're all super basic options, and it doesn't feel like they have a significant impact on how you play and score.

If you add depth there you suddenly improve the quality of life of every single game mode. Yet here we are almost a decade later and the majority of the players couldn't explain the difference between the offensive options and how they're ran if you offered them a million to explain them to you point blank.
    Twitch: MadCard05
    Youtube: Madwolf Gaming