EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Pre-order 10% discount but

It’s a pre-order bonus so does that mean we get an additional 10% discount if we have EA Access?

Thanks

Replies

• Froommey
    758 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I never understand people which pre order and pay for something and don’t know what they will get. The last issue showed the reason not to do that.
  • Froommey wrote: »
    I never understand people which pre order and pay for something and don’t know what they will get. The last issue showed the reason not to do that.

If you do it before July something they throw in another special card to start you off in NHL 20. For people in HUT starting off strong can be a big thing. Also they know what type of game they are getting.
  • Froommey wrote: »

I might as well pre-order a game I 100% know I'm getting, just for the extras. Even then, I do it late as I'm not a fan of the practice.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Froommey
    758 posts Member
    Daddy5B wrote: »
    Froommey wrote: »

I might as well pre-order a game I 100% know I'm getting, just for the extras. Even then, I do it late as I'm not a fan of the practice.

Well your opinion is to accept, but when you compare the Beta to the final version of the game, many did not get what they expect. Same as announcement to bring Legends in Franchise, or other things which they had promised.

• Daddy5B
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Well your opinion is to accept, but when you compare the Beta to the final version of the game, many did not get what they expect. Same as announcement to bring Legends in Franchise, or other things which they had promised.

I don't recall how different the game was on release compared to the beta, but if EA constantly tunes the game throughout the year, buying it on/shortly after release won't really give the buyer any more protection compared to preordering it. You won't know what you end up with unless you buy it late in the year.
    Casual goalie gameplay: https://t.co/tQnYxAsyKy
  • Kingpn69
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I just noticed that we do in fact get 20% off:)

This is the only game I ever pre-order for because I have no other options for hockey and no matter what, I play it constantly because of HUT. I don’t spend real money on packs so I need all the time I can get to grind out coins and play the market. Plus I save 20% :)
  • Froommey
    758 posts Member
    edited June 2019

You won't know what you end up with unless you buy it late in the year.

Exactly ! So for an offline player without Roster sharing there is no urgent need to buy cause everyone has his own Rosters for 20 which fit better than EA Rosters the whole year. For HUT players, sure it makes sense. What I personal would miss in HUT are this extremely missing players into this mode. But it’s ok when people for example are not intressted to play with Top prospects like Brady Tkachuk, Quinn Hughes, Ryan Poehling, Ryan Donato to name some of many missing.

• twoorb
    52 posts Member
    They should create an option for us to 100% guarantee we aren’t going to buy it, just to give them the opposite feedback here.

I wouldn’t pre-order this even at $30 honestly.
  • Tonysl79
    329 posts Member
    I’m old school I still buy the game in the store
  • i saw 2 different prices for the pre-order on the Ultimate Edition. i was looking it over in the Xbox store and it was only $10 savings pre-order w/ EA access but when i looked at it from NHL19 i noticed about a $20 savings. i didn't pre-order yet but will probably do it this coming weekend. i like the extras for HUT but i think 19's incentives were better.