EA Forums - Banner

What the point of getting a good team in hut

Replies

• Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    edited July 2019
    So is there a way to pick servers you are on. I know in some of the PvP shooters I play on it allows you to pick the server and you can see the connection. I always have full bars etc. you would think a player getting a boost because he or she has a better server connection is the same as tilt. I travel almost every week for work and play on multiple connections etc does the server randomize is it just one server for all of the us/Canada etc? The point of playing online is to challenge and play other players to gauge how well you built your team and how well your skills have progressed as a player. Not because you have a closer and cleaner connection. If that was the case we could just have ping battles and simulate the match.
    There are five North American servers. If you go to the EASHL hub and go into club search you will see which server you are closest to as your “recommended” server.

I’m not 100% exact on how the HUT match making searches, but it tries to match based on both region and rank. Obviously if it can’t find a suitable match within a time limit it opens up and looks outside your region or to a higher rank (not sure which would happen first for HUT). This time of year, with a dwindled player base it’s not uncommon to be on a less favourable region or playing a rank outside yours.

Maybe one day EA can add a match region like EASHL for HUT. Allow the user to decide.

Also, if you’re playing on WiFi (travelling as you mentioned) don’t expect to have great online experiences. This game has never played well over WiFi.
  • 90% of the time I’m hard wired in hotels and I give them my MAC address and they bump my upload and download speeds.
  • Durk77
    10 posts Member
    It’s getting extremely obvious that teams with weaker overall rating, especially goalies are getting gameplay slider boost. It’s getting to the point I don’t wanna play anymore . Every high % scoring chance (cross crease one timers ) is getting stopped. This only occurs against weaker overall teams . It’s disappointing that I have a better chance to win against higher ranked players with higher overall teams ... I’ve spent a lot of time offline manipulating the game play sliders (mostly focusing on the goalie sliders ) and I’m getting an almost exact result.
  • Durk77 wrote: »
    It’s getting extremely obvious that teams with weaker overall rating, especially goalies are getting gameplay slider boost. It’s getting to the point I don’t wanna play anymore . Every high % scoring chance (cross crease one timers ) is getting stopped. This only occurs against weaker overall teams . It’s disappointing that I have a better chance to win against higher ranked players with higher overall teams ... I’ve spent a lot of time offline manipulating the game play sliders (mostly focusing on the goalie sliders ) and I’m getting an almost exact result.
    It’s obvious is it? Tell that to the guy with the base gold team I played last night. He quit 3 min into the game, I was up 3-0, 1 min TOA, 5 shots. Or the next game, mostly gold rares with 99 panerin and a couple common gold, he quit halfway through the second when it was 6-0. Another game yesterday also against pretty much all base gold rares with a couple high 80’s and low 90’s, he was a good player scored 2 in the third to force OT, didn’t last long into ot I won 3-2.
    If crappy teams got a boost you would see all the elite and all the streamers using base cards for their teams. But we don’t see that because it’s a big pile of stinky cow dung, just people trying to find excuses for losing.
    IMO 95% of the problems with this game are connection related, if one player has a better connection to the server his players will be more responsive to control inputs while the guy with the worse connection will have input lag. I always check my ping before the game, anything above 30-35 ping I quit before the game starts. 20 or lower is preferable.
  • Durk77
    10 posts Member
    I guess I should start recording my games then , not a connection issue, not an excuse, even when I win sometimes I’m pissed , it could be bad luck I guess but it happens consistently against certain teams. It doesn’t matter at this point . Just sharing my personal experience, I have also had games where it’s like every shot goes in for me , and I’m also posting because of an article I read on reddit about DDA my point is there is an extreme difference from game to game with the AI
  • There are two sides to this those that experience it and those that don’t. But I agree this game has become unplayable. I want to know how ping makes the AI d hold my players back on break outs how ping causes the puck to jump off the stick, how ping/connection make your goalie not cover. How ping makes your AI stand still watching a puck. How you can have a fresh line on the ice to be tracked down by a defender who you have a line advantage on while the d is skating with the stick on the ice and not to mention the fact you can’t hit a guy that’s crouched over.
  • I agree with Trebors point. Most of my wins come against 95-99 goalies. Goalies rated below 85have a distinct advantage. Ping has nothing to do with ice tilt is a joke. The game is setup this way so people with just starting out dont get discouraged and quit playing NHL. 7 of my last 10 online wins have been against 99 goalies or players with a overall team average of above 95.
    What I did which helped me was toned my ream average down to 89. My backup goalie is 54. And 2 of my D guys are in the 70s. Most of my other players are 98-99.

Good luck

Ps. I will not be buying NHL 20 due to the bad gameplay issues. I have been a loyal nhl fan for the last 6 years.. But this year I draw aline in the sand.

Sorry EA you let me down.
  • HurricaneFza
    466 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    There is definitely something wrong with the ratings in this game. 85s play like 99s, 99s play like 85s. Last few games I've played were against teams that weren't as good as mine. They have low 80s players keeping pace with my 99s. Fresh 99 Sakic, Stamkos and Modano are struggling to beat a 85 forward. You would think their low endurance would factor near the end of the game but nope, still just as fast as my 99s. Its getting kinda sad.
  • Treatmentworke66
    977 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    That's how EA wants it keeps everyone in the game
    Post edited by Treatmentworke66 on
  • And if you read/watch upcoming changes it will be more of a stick/button controller manipulation game rather than a true hockey game.
  • If only my goalie could make a save. I vote we add more glitches.

• Bring on the glitches. xur5m97q24lj.jpg
  • Bring on the glitches. xur5m97q24lj.jpg

I don't see any glitches here. Just someone who's more efficient in scoring.

I'll never understand why people think everyone should be as inefficient as they are, and ridicule anyone who can perform something better.

Just accept the fact some will be better than you are. Stop blaming the game.
  • 9 goals on 16 shots....there is at least SOME glitch trash going on there
  • TreborMalkin
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2019

I don't see any glitches here. Just someone who's more efficient in scoring.

I'll never understand why people think everyone should be as inefficient as they are, and ridicule anyone who can perform something better.

Just accept the fact some will be better than you are. Stop blaming the game.

So I should expect my 89 overall lehner who is 6’4” to have a less than 50% save. I have won over 500 games online I understand players are better than me and those losses I can handle. I can’t handle the players who crouch to a stand still make the pass through 4 d and score because of the invincibility bubble, the blue line one timers the shot weak side from the dot. I guess there are no glitches as everyone talks about them.

And if I scored 7 on him it wasn’t because he was good. He scored on over 50% of his attempts.

The players I handle losing to like this are the ones that hold me below 20 shots and beat me on both ends.

This is why this game won’t get better because those that can expose these glitch areas which have been the same for years it appears are only going to get more in the new game. A hall of fame goalie with a career 85+ save percentage should give up 5 goals on 14 shots because he is 6’2” and the career minor league goalie save 30+ because he is 6’7”. A goalie with a 95 overall shouldnt be worse than a base gold goalie because he is 3” shorter that verifies the theory ratings don’t matter.
    Post edited by TreborMalkin on
  • Oupik
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I still do not understund that how can be any one player of this game and do not see how low rate card making absolutely crap to oponent with better cards...

[Removed profanity]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Oupik wrote: »
    I still do not understund that how can be any one player of this game and do not see how low rate card making absolutely shiteeees to oponent with better cards...

Lol no your not the only one
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    I removed the last few posts here as they were calling out other players. Please don’t “single out” groups based on where they live or make broad implications. It only leads to derailing the thread.

Then can you answer how a silver goalie plays better than a 97 bishop?

I don’t play HUT enough to know, but is it consistent? Last time I played HUT online, my 87 overall team (I think my goalie is a base Talbot) was destroyed by a guy with a ton of high cards in CS. And I don’t consider myself a poor player. I’ve never been the beneficiary of this low card boost.

Fluke bounces bad decisions aside, it’s all connection related. See it constantly in EASHL. Can’t pick up loose pucks, get beat to the puck, whiffing and missing shots, etc...while other team is flying around us with ease and getting everything going their way. Nothing to do with how good your internet is, how fast it is, just proximity and cleaner connection to the server you happen to be on.
    This. This. This.

No ice tilt.

No DDA.

THIS.

How can you know this for sure?
  • HUT to me has become useless. I make my team better and it performs worse online yet the offline experience is always the same. No point in playing anymore.