EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Beta Discussion

Replies

• zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Predict beta will be fine, first live day will be a whole different game.
  • I doubt there will be a beta this year. They should make people buy it to get their first taste of gameplay. This franchise has been surrounded in controversy, and a downtrend in player activity over the past 6 months, if there is any negative factors at all in the beta.... It will severely hurt their sales.
  • iAmJULES2 wrote: »
    I doubt there will be a beta this year. They should make people buy it to get their first taste of gameplay. This franchise has been surrounded in controversy, and a downtrend in player activity over the past 6 months, if there is any negative factors at all in the beta.... It will severely hurt their sales.

...what? No, there IS a beta this year. I don't know how making people buy the game to get their first taste of game play is a positive..?

I'm just curious, what makes you doubt there will be a beta? (Again, there is one)
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    Last year was July 26 to August 2, by that, it should be released any day.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    Last year was July 26 to August 2, by that, it should be released any day.

I won't post screenshots from the account but I'll say that someone on Twitter who's a Twitch partner and NHL Esports insider said it's coming this Friday.
  • Well I know that their doing another"Game Changers" event in Vancouver on Sunday.....
  • Fluri3773
    1 posts New member
    According to Bones, It's coming Friday

@BonesOnDemand on Twitter, works for WG.
  • trueachievements.com/products/39738/NHL-20-Open-Beta If this is true it comes out friday. EA has announced it most of times the day it comes out so keep your eyes open on friday
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Fluri3773 wrote: »
    According to Bones, It's coming Friday

@BonesOnDemand on Twitter, works for WG.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d390a66704834376b806599&rid=giphy.gif

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Well.... we're waiting?!

Now that EA Access comes to PS4 too, I wonder if NHL20 is on it when the time comes?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Well.... we're waiting?!

Now that EA Access comes to PS4 too, I wonder if NHL20 is on it when the time comes?

If it's the same as xbox it'll be the Thursday before release. I think NHL is released on the 10th of September but if that's the case then EA Access should have it on the 5th. Some years it's even earlier than that but it seems like EA is putting an end to that if madden is any indication.
  • Why would this be kept secret? It’s the 25th if it were going to drop on the 26th wouldn’t they let people know?
  • Tommorow
  • I can’t wait. As a giant loser with no life, this will be a good thing.

What are you talking about? I thought everyone here had a magnificent life with little to no time for video games? :tongue:

What are you talking about? I thought everyone here had a magnificent life with little to no time for video games? :tongue:

😂😂😂

Try working part time in retail, building a website and writing hockey articles all at once. It isn't easy. But I still find time for games. I love video games. Always will. It is a fun way to kill time.
  • > @jake19ny said:
    > Why would this be kept secret? It’s the 25th if it were going to drop on the 26th wouldn’t they let people know?

Because they have done it before. They did last year this, announced it same day it launched.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I can’t wait. As a giant loser with no life, this will be a good thing.

😂😂😂

Try working part time in retail, building a website and writing hockey articles all at once. It isn't easy. But I still find time for games. I love video games. Always will. It is a fun way to kill time.

Dude, I have a wife and 2 kids. Just the wife alone is as time consuming as having 3 full time jobs LOL.

Jokes aside, I love video games too. Probably always will. Games and technology just keep getting better and better. Imagine the graphics, lighting and shading we will see in 20 years o_0
  • Jokes aside, I love video games too. Probably always will. Games and technology just keep getting better and better. Imagine the graphics, lighting and shading we will see in 20 years o_0

That same short side goal sure is going to look beautiful!
    EASHL player
  • Jokes aside, I love video games too. Probably always will. Games and technology just keep getting better and better. Imagine the graphics, lighting and shading we will see in 20 years o_0

That same short side goal sure is going to look beautiful!

Hehehe, you never know! Worst case scenario, it might look good enough that you actually think you are on the ice sniping short side :tongue: