EA Forums - Banner

Not so fun anymore... where did all the average Joe's go?

New to H;ut this year. Was fun figuring it out when I started playing in december. Good mix of good bad and average players in matchmaking. Now with all the restart teams almost every single game . (div 4) is against either an obvious div 1 restart player or a div 4 vs 1 matchup. Seems like 98 percent of all the players left are just d1 . other buddies have already quit for this reason. Every division is literally just 90 percent d1 guys... once in every 15 games get a good even match or some poor guy I blowout 5-0. Hopefully all the average Joe's return for 20

Replies

• End of the year for nhl series. Another 1.5 months or so before 20 comes out, so really just the more hardcore players left. I'm sure 20 will be much more variable in skill for the first 6 to 8 months.
  • Average Joe here.

Got up to div 2 recently playing well against teams 3/2 even games then suddenly it seems all that are available if me to play are too 1000 sides even had to match up with #5 ranked player.

How is that fair...

Suddenly can't win a face off and can't get a shot off on goal.

All a bit odd.

Was beginning to enjoy the game for the first time in ages then boon

Bad matchups
  • I just played HUT for the first time in many months tonight for about 3 hours straight. Win some lose some, but perfect crispy connection and response on the game pad. It was GREAT!! I was thinking that because I just upgraded my internet to 400 Meg it may have had something to do with it, but I was very wrong.

I turned off the PS4 for 30 minutes to eat and do some other random stuff, and when I turned it back on all of a sudden every game was filled with input delay, no puck pickups for me, and inability to make passes, take shots, or deliver body checks.

The kicker here is that every single measurable internet stat was identical before and after, so what changed the environment so much all of a sudden??
  • I just played HUT for the first time in many months tonight for about 3 hours straight. Win some lose some, but perfect crispy connection and response on the game pad. It was GREAT!! I was thinking that because I just upgraded my internet to 400 Meg it may have had something to do with it, but I was very wrong.

I turned off the PS4 for 30 minutes to eat and do some other random stuff, and when I turned it back on all of a sudden every game was filled with input delay, no puck pickups for me, and inability to make passes, take shots, or deliver body checks.

The kicker here is that every single measurable internet stat was identical before and after, so what changed the environment so much all of a sudden??

The server you were put on for match making being too far away is my guess

Something I hope comes to hut, or even VS, is the ability to choose best server location, prior to starting a search. Or even choosing the specific server. I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a matchup, than play on a server on the opposite end of the country.

Someday.
  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    Once ea finally gives us coaching , I mean it took three us to give hut the edit lines that be a gm has, and AI logic improvements where we aren't all trying to pass it to the point for a point to point on timer, or walk into the slot and look for cheese , maybe more people will play hut .

But for years you've been defending the same play, trying to make the same plays , looking for the same shots ... You aren't playing hockey.
  • Dixonyu wrote: »
    Once ea finally gives us coaching , I mean it took three us to give hut the edit lines that be a gm has, and AI logic improvements where we aren't all trying to pass it to the point for a point to point on timer, or walk into the slot and look for cheese , maybe more people will play hut .

But for years you've been defending the same play, trying to make the same plays , looking for the same shots ... You aren't playing hockey.

Correct. Repetitive boring gameplay against people who rag the puck in the third if up a goal.
  • Correct. Repetitive boring gameplay against people who rag the puck in the third if up a goal.

I really think EA should make players that rags the puck loose all their momentum and give some of it to the forecheckers so it penalizes to rag it unrealisticly
  • Div 1. I get about 1 or 2 losses every 20 games or so. Competition is decent but every now and then you run into a guy that uses nothing but exploits and rags the puck as soon as they gain the lead.