EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 20 Beta Discussion

Replies

• mikeq67
    114 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    > @jake19ny said:
    > Why would this be kept secret? It’s the 25th if it were going to drop on the 26th wouldn’t they let people know?

Because they have done it before. They did last year this, announced it same day it launched.

Thats not really what he asked though.

Why do they keep it a secret? It makes no sense. Other companies announce beta's weeks in advance and market them to drum up news and hype. These guys do nothing.

Its the same team that cries small development team, and not that many sales, and niche game. Then they release a beta and dont tell anyone and keep all information secret. Its borderline stupid.
  • Socair
    2364 posts Game Changer
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • simpyforzibby
    101 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I think everyone's said this before but it really sounds like NHL 20 Beta arrives tomorrow (Friday) at 3 PM ET. For those of you who haven't read the article, the version being used as the NHL 20 Beta was last edited two months ago, so it may feel underwhelming. There are rumors that there will be offline versus play to test out the new shooting, skating, etc. unlike last year (which really pissed me off).
  • I think everyone's said this before but it really sounds like NHL 20 Beta arrives tomorrow (Friday) at 3 PM ET. For those of you who haven't read the article, the version being used as the NHL 20 Beta was last edited two months ago, so it may feel underwhelming. There are rumors that there will be offline versus play to test out the new shooting, skating, etc. unlike last year (which really pissed me off).

I hope it is offline. It would be fun to play how I usually play. I hope they have different difficulty levels so we can have the challenge we desire.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • I feel like part of the whole 2 months ago thing is because they won’t have updated rosters to be honest. Yes some of the game play won’t be there but I bet they didn’t make those changes just like last year. That or is the game really two months behind? I just keep thinking other than updated rosters why wouldn’t they just give us the most up to date version to be give us a WOW this is a big update kinda moment? Just seems fishy.
  • simpyforzibby
    101 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    NHL 20 Beta just arrived on the marketplace, labeled as unavailable at the moment. The tags reveal that single player WILL BE IN THE BETA.

EDIT: Source: @BonesonDemand on twitter
  • NHL 20 Beta just arrived on the marketplace, labeled as unavailable at the moment. The tags reveal that single player WILL BE IN THE BETA.

EDIT: Source: @BonesonDemand on twitter

Should be available at 3 pm today.
  • IGN has gameplay videos up guys! 1 full period of play and a 3s video. Check it out t IGN.com or YouTube

They're awful at the game though so it's tough to watch
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Well.... we're waiting?!

Now that EA Access comes to PS4 too, I wonder if NHL20 is on it when the time comes?

If it's the same as xbox it'll be the Thursday before release. I think NHL is released on the 10th of September but if that's the case then EA Access should have it on the 5th. Some years it's even earlier than that but it seems like EA is putting an end to that if madden is any indication.

Release is September 13th this year.
  • its only on xbox?
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    its only on xbox?

As of like 5 minutes ago it was not on PSN.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Xbox Marketplace and PSN update stores at different times. It's unlikely the beta will be released on both platforms at the exact same time. Both platforms will likely get the beta today though, if memory serves correct I think Xbox might get the beta a tad earlier than PSN. Probably by a few hours.
  • Xbox Marketplace and PSN update stores at different times. It's unlikely the beta will be released on both platforms at the exact same time. Both platforms will likely get the beta today though, if memory serves correct I think Xbox might get the beta a tad earlier than PSN. Probably by a few hours.

Yea far as I know PSN updates their store later than Microsoft.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1259 posts Member
    Downloading on PS4 now...
  • I see it on PS4 but no download link/option?
  • kapitanron wrote: »
    I see it on PS4 but no download link/option?

Kelso is in Europe
  • Sure hope it has an offline mode to play in the Beta :)
  • what’s the point of beta?

some cute shooting updates.
    Some cute puck pickups
    Just what in the heck is going on at production ??
    Skating is again is an arduous system and no distinction. System is made to reward tards who glide and hold backhand .. again.
    all in all ..recycling from last years game 100%
  • I got 3 one-hand tuck goals in one game. They didn't fix the cheese. Pathetic.

I'm a defenseman.
  • M3tal_Vinny
    4 posts New member
    Forehand backhand forehand goes in 90% of the time.. one hand tuck too. Skating is weird and preasinf lt to face the puck does not working half the time. Goalies are as bad as they were in nhl 19 ( i hope it changed in the last 8 weeks after the beta build ) it realy feels like playing nhl 19 again.. real deception so far