EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

IGN full period NHL 20 gameplay

Prev1
barrett098
414 posts Member
edited July 2019

I turned it off @4:04 That NJD goal, he passed it right though the goalie and goalie went into some glitchy high oppo side save animation. They make a post about how much they improved goalies and save animation logic, yet first game play we see, first goal something like that happens. SMH. Losing faith in this series, really needs a new lead or competition.

Replies

• barrett098
    414 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Full game.

I don't care how old this build is, but this game is just NHL 19.2 thats being charged a full AAA price. I\m still gonna buy it Day 1, but NHL series REALLY needs some competition or nothing is going to change.
  • This looks exactly the same as last year... except new commentary which is pretty good with more excitement and the new broadcast presentation....

There's also a clip of the Ones Mode IGN posted and the same goals are going in...I don't get it anymore.

And none of this "it's an early build"
  • islesfan186
    2 posts New member
    edited July 2019
    Still looks weak. That first goal....how do you go on and on about improved goalies and a weak pass goes through the goalies legs and into the goal.
    EA Sports needs an entirely new team with fresh eyes and a fresh take.

[Socair - removed personal call out; please see rules]
  • islesfan186
    2 posts New member
    Also, 3 goals on what? 6-7 shots?
  • Could be on Pro difficulty. We don't even know what settings they're using
  • barrett098 wrote: »

I turned it off @4:04 That NJD goal, he passed it right though the goalie and goalie went into some glitchy high oppo side save animation. They make a post about how much they improved goalies and save animation logic, yet first game play we see, first goal something like that happens. SMH. Losing faith in this series, really needs a new lead or competition.

Honestly, there was a lot of good in this video. That was the only negative that I saw. I did like the new commentary, the new presentation, and it looks pretty fluid. The one thing that scares me a little is that they got two one-timer goals, but I also assume that they are playing the game on the easiest difficulty. Time will tell how the game truly plays. We should know pretty soon.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Did you guys look at all the changes that have been made since this build was created? You can't really form a good opinion on the final version based on this build. Look at the good stuff though. Look at the goal at 7:20. Nice reach to tip it in. Most likely that would have been a really awkward animation, if he received it at all.
  • Could be on Pro difficulty. We don't even know what settings they're using

Nothing to do with difficulty, its the goalie save animation logic. It will be the same same on every difficulty. This series needs a new producer with new vision for the series. Its stale now, and same thing year after year and charging us AAA price for a patch.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Did you guys look at all the changes that have been made since this build was created? You can't really form a good opinion on the final version based on this build. Look at the good stuff though. Look at the goal at 7:20. Nice reach to tip it in. Most likely that would have been a really awkward animation, if he received it at all.

Bet you the type said this same thing when people where complaining about dressing room errors in beta last year. NHL 19 is almost end of its cycle and dressing room errors are still a thing.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    barrett098 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

Bet you the type said this same thing when people where complaining about dressing room errors in beta last year. NHL 19 is almost end of its cycle and dressing room errors are still a thing.

Yeah, I may have because it seemed like something that would be fixed. They also resolved it for a lot of people, but not everyone. Not saying I'm ok with that, but I imagine they have their reasons. It's not like they didn't want people to play. However, there are literally dozens and dozens of fixes listed already. They gave an excellent explanation on the beta's state and showed what they've fixed so far. That's a lot more than we've gotten in the past.

Yeah, I may have because it seemed like something that would be fixed. They also resolved it for a lot of people, but not everyone. Not saying I'm ok with that, but I imagine they have their reasons. It's not like they didn't want people to play. However, there are literally dozens and dozens of fixes listed already. They gave an excellent explanation on the beta's state and showed what they've fixed so far. That's a lot more than we've gotten in the past.

Call me old fashioned, or weird, but... What's the purpose of playing a beta that is already 2 months old and that we don't get to test the 90% of the fixes from the beta version? What was the point of this year's beta? Just to say that at least we got to play a free beta???

I want to test all these "fixes" that they listed. Listed is one thing, but actually fixed is another. I don't really care what they list, I wanna see it for myself.
  • Like how sticks that go through sticks cause the loose pucks. Please keep the loose pucks how it is in the videos . Always starts like that but they always go back magnet feel

Call me old fashioned, or weird, but... What's the purpose of playing a beta that is already 2 months old and that we don't get to test the 90% of the fixes from the beta version? What was the point of this year's beta? Just to say that at least we got to play a free beta???

I want to test all these "fixes" that they listed. Listed is one thing, but actually fixed is another. I don't really care what they list, I wanna see it for myself.

Hey we made all these fixes but we wont upload the patch. You'll just have to trust us. Lol what a joke.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Pass receptions are much more fluid which is very good.

Commentary is so much better than Doc and Eddie. Although the main commentator does have a bit of a high pitch at times when he gets excited. Thought Ray would be the main commentator this year.... Shame it isn't.

As for that first goal, I am not too worried about it at this point. The game play is already 2 months old, so there is a good chance it may not be like this in the final product. Will see.
  • spoke too soon. i love how the beta plays minus the few glitches. new presentation is wayyyy better but the scoreclock at the bottom is AWFUL. even on small its massive.
  • One pathetic series
  • wscv58 wrote: »
    One pathetic series

Would you care to elaborate on what you don't like?
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • kezz123
    550 posts Member

Full game.

I don't care how old this build is, but this game is just NHL 19.2 thats being charged a full AAA price. I\m still gonna buy it Day 1, but NHL series REALLY needs some competition or nothing is going to change.

You dont like paying $80 a year for the same game + a minor patch?

I stopped that ....4-5 years ago now. Still watch in case something new comes up but to be honest, this game looks pretty much the same every year.

im not even sure that if they did a jump from nhl 16 to nhl 20 in one year that it would be worth the price of a new game. That might be the biggest insult of it all. At $20 a year, sure id take it, play 3 times realize it still blows and throw it out...but not at $80
  • barrett098 wrote: »

It is mess. I can do see the same goal with the nhl19+tuner1.04. I do not see this with tuner 1.03. It is reason for tuner 1.03 use. I believe tuner 1.01 nhl 20 will do this out. I am worry about the tuner setup this year. I do not want 10 tuners per year.

With the second I agree that is nhl19,2 the new presentation pack as bonus.

I remember nhl95 it was absolutely the same, nothing new with better graphics+hartford whalers team as bonus :)

On otherhand I am not negative.
    I love nhl19. I did want this upgrade only. Ok 19,2 it is not the same as 19,5. It is truly 19,2 only.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

I imaging there's still a lot of very valuable information they get from everyone testing the game. New issues are going to be discovered when you have thousands of people playing. I don't know why a later build isn't being used. I have to assume there's a good reason for it, but without more information on that, I agree with you. At least it's good to get an idea of what the game is like. I just wish more people treated it as a test instead of a demo. Most people here seem to think this is the final version so they're basing their decisions on a beta that is going to change a ton. Then again, you'll probably have people saying the beta is better than the final release and wanting to stick with it.