EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

REMOVE auto stick lift from the game.

WFWR26
47 posts Member
Same thing as the last 3 years...line up an opposing forward for body contact, flick the hit stick to his position, my player goes for the infamous stick lift instead of checking whilst i never pressed the button to, whiffs, and now ive got a d man out of position. If i miss the check, thats my fault, but once again why is the game auto stick lifting? Remove it. Same story, different year.

Replies

• I have never Auto Stick lifted in any game in the NHL series. I have always had to press the button. No idea why you'd have that happen
  • WFWR26
    47 posts Member
    It happens at least 2-3 times a game.
  • WFWR26 wrote: »
    Same thing as the last 3 years...line up an opposing forward for body contact, flick the hit stick to his position, my player goes for the infamous stick lift instead of checking whilst i never pressed the button to, whiffs, and now ive got a d man out of position. If i miss the check, thats my fault, but once again why is the game auto stick lifting? Remove it. Same story, different year.

What controller scheme are you using?
  • I have never Auto Stick lifted in any game in the NHL series. I have always had to press the button. No idea why you'd have that happen

That's because it's not technically a stick lift. There are 100% auto stick checks though, Or incidental contact. It's easy to call it a stick lift because the audio cue is exactly the same. It happens to me on D a lot. You go for a body check and right before contact you hear a little click, indicating that there was a stick check. Very often(mostly at low-medium speed) it will cause the puck to dislodge and the player you wanted to body check will go into a pickup animation, rendering the check worthless, which usually ends up getting beat on D.
  • mikeq67
    114 posts Member
    Ive never auto stick lifted in my life. Auto poke check? All the time. Auto stick lift? Never.
  • WFWR26
    47 posts Member
    Normal skill stick controls...avid nhl player...just tired of things like this that are in fact “in the game.”