EA Forums - Banner

Buy 20 VS Keep playing 19

I'm just going to throw this out there because I'm curious. At what point, or what's it going to take for players to not buy the new game and stick with the previous one? I just feel at some point that should send a message to the developers about their yearly "roster updates" being sold as brand new games.

I ask this as a comparison to what happened on the previous generation games where almost everybody kept playing NHL 15 rather than buying the NHL Legacy "roster update." I was one of the people that bought the Legacy game on sale later in the year, and noticed that A LOT more people were still playing 15 than the new game.

Replies

• I'm just going to throw this out there because I'm curious. At what point, or what's it going to take for players to not buy the new game and stick with the previous one? I just feel at some point that should send a message to the developers about their yearly "roster updates" being sold as brand new games.

I ask this as a comparison to what happened on the previous generation games where almost everybody kept playing NHL 15 rather than buying the NHL Legacy "roster update." I was one of the people that bought the Legacy game on sale later in the year, and noticed that A LOT more people were still playing 15 than the new game.

As long as Leagues such as LG exist, people will buy the new version to be able to play in said leagues. If you play EASHL and your friends buy the new game, then you are pretty much forced into buying it if you want to keep up and play with them. This and HUT are the only reasons this series is still afloat.

Imagine, peer pressure and virtual cards are what keeps this game happening every year, not the actual gameplay or content.....
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    I'm not buying 20, but once 20 comes out 19 online play will die almost immediately.
  • zingaa1 wrote: »
    I'm not buying 20, but once 20 comes out 19 online play will die almost immediately.

If someone wants to apply pressure to EA to make changes, then LG should base their seasons on a 2 year schedule. Meaning, this year they should stick to 19 as the version for their season. If they make the change every 2 years, won't take too long for EA to question what is going on and actually pour some much needed resources into this stale franchise. LG could apply so much more pressure than us "voting with our wallets".
  • I still do believe in EA. With nhl19 there is the same situation as nhl20.
    I am now playing the best nhl game nhl19+summerSliders+tuner1.03+patch1.60...it was released 6 months after original game build.
    At this moment EA will do work.
    I do know the nhl20 will be the best nhl game on market. But not at this moment.
    I am very suprised how bad is nhl20 now. Very strange situation if this game is very similary to nhl19.

Still believe in happy end