EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Beta Discussion

Replies

• PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I think it's time to start selling these games at $30 new or something. If EA doesn't give the NHL developers enough resources to make a high quality game, then they shouldn't charge their users for one.

This will be the first NHL I skip since NHL 07. The game feels like a tweaked NHL 19, and I don't for a second buy that we're playing a build from two months ago. Can we see gameplay of the CURRENT product as proof that all these issues have been fixed? An entire 6 on 6 game being live-streamed would suffice. Please and thanks.
  • PATD1ESEL
    1 posts New member
    Will the Name Patrick be available in NHL 20? Seems wild it hasnt been in the game for several years but 2 chainz is in the game
  • Passing strength is way down in EASHL. Saucer passes must've lost half their power, can't get zone exits with it anymore, even as a playmaker.
    Last year, it was already safer to skate than pass. I thought pass speed should've gone up from last year :neutral:
    EASHL player
  • Small suggestion: Can you show the 3 challenges to the mode that you are playing during the loading screen instead of having them as an extra menu?

Maybe the challenges can be a little harder and awarded to completing all 3 challenges in one of the modes instead of completing all 15 challenges.
  • I am not one to be Bias so here is honesty. Gameplay feels GREAT! (faster and more smooth) commentators are more energetic Signature shots is awesome (maybe one day we can have signature skating. HOWEVER wish you would add a Practice mode (in every mode) Wish you would add Interviews/press conferences in franchise mode. Would be great to have a decent be a pro mode (maybe link it to your online player as well) crowd chants? More details during games. Wish commentators would say the players name during gameplay.................... (Personal Opinion) Since I am from Montreal I would want to see french commentators in the game............ THANK YOU EA, I went from having a 80 things I would change in the game a few years ago to now only having like 8 Keep up the good work!
  • I am not one to be Bias so here is honesty. Gameplay feels GREAT! (faster and more smooth) commentators are more energetic Signature shots is awesome (maybe one day we can have signature skating. HOWEVER wish you would add a Practice mode (in every mode) Wish you would add Interviews/press conferences in franchise mode. Would be great to have a decent be a pro mode (maybe link it to your online player as well) crowd chants? More details during games. Wish commentators would say the players name during gameplay.................... (Personal Opinion) Since I am from Montreal I would want to see french commentators in the game............ THANK YOU EA, I went from having a 80 things I would change in the game a few years ago to now only having like 8 Keep up the good work!

Well well, hello from Montreal. I'm there too.
  • Elhaj92
    1 posts New member
    I would like to see a club mode tournament for some real cash like the 100k tournament that they host once a year. besides, Nhl will not any get any better than what it is now.
  • dawoud80
    2 posts New member
    Hi guyz ! How to get the beta ? it's the first time i have a XBOX and never get a beta .... Thank you !
  • dawoud80 wrote: »
    Hi guyz ! How to get the beta ? it's the first time i have a XBOX and never get a beta .... Thank you !

The Beta is over. However, how you would have gotten it would've been to go to the Microsoft store and searching for NHL 20 and it should've been in the listing for NHL 20 but on playstation network it was a pain to find. I assume it was the same on the Microsoft store as well.
  • dawoud80
    2 posts New member
    Ok, thank you @BruinsHockey08 .

i have missed NHl'19 for Free and now missed the '20 Beta !!!! arrrffffff

Fais chier lol !
  • DetFrankShark
    77 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    This BETA is AWFUL. Still a trip fest and the passing is gross. The score overly is a DISASTER. Already deleted me Beta. Never been more happy not to buy this game.

[Socair - edited for discussing moderation]
    Post edited by Socair on
  • MLB the Show has been a great pickup btw that’s how you make a spots game EA. You’re driving your franchises into the ground.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    dawoud80 wrote: »

Fais chier lol !

Well, if you are old enough to have your own Credit Card, just wait until the end of August (around the 25th to the 30th should do it) and get EA Access for a month. It's like 5$ + tax for one month here in Quebec.

Then a couple of days before the game comes out on September 13th, you can play a 10 hour free trial of the Full game. Well... Full game before the inevitable day/week one patch.

That will be a better way to judge the game than the BETA, which, IMO, was very underwhelming.

En Français: Le BETA cette année était vraiement décevant. Rien de bien nouveau. C'était comme plus de NHL 19 avec une nouvelle patch. LOL! ONES Eliminator était bien l'fun par contre.
  • deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Fais chier lol !

Well, if you are old enough to have your own Credit Card, just wait until the end of August (around the 25th to the 30th should do it) and get EA Access for a month. It's like 5$ + tax for one month here in Quebec.

Then a couple of days before the game comes out on September 13th, you can play a 10 hour free trial of the Full game. Well... Full game before the inevitable day/week one patch.

That will be a better way to judge the game than the BETA, which, IMO, was very underwhelming.

En Français: Le BETA cette année était vraiement décevant. Rien de bien nouveau. C'était comme plus de NHL 19 avec une nouvelle patch. LOL! ONES Eliminator était bien l'fun par contre.

the 10 hour trial will release supper time on Sept 5
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Fais chier lol !

I still think EA needs to start making the trails 20 hours. 10 just isn't enough in my opinion.

Fais chier lol !

I still think EA needs to start making the trails 20 hours. 10 just isn't enough in my opinion.

I think they do this for Leaderboard purposes... I believe you should be able to play from thrus night till sunday at midnight than trial is over

Fais chier lol !

But you're assuming the trial will be the final product. Nhl hasn't done it yet but there have been some recent ea games that were still old/poor versions during the early period before the day 1 patch on release day. Just something to keep in mind, those who are still undecided may want to save that trial time until the game actually releases.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Fais chier lol !

It's plenty. I mean, EA NHL isn't that complex of a game where you need time to sample all of the nuances in the current build.

I can usually tell within the first couple of games if it's worth my time or not. That takes like what? 30 minutes? Playing EA's latest NHL game is like taking bites out of the SAME fruit; If the first bite you took tasted like a stale potato, chances are the following bites up until the last one will ALL taste like a potato.

Fais chier lol !

It's plenty. I mean, EA NHL isn't that complex of a game where you need time to sample all of the nuances in the current build.

I can usually tell within the first couple of games if it's worth my time or not. That takes like what? 30 minutes? Playing EA's latest NHL game is like taking bites out of the SAME fruit; If the first bite you took tasted like a stale potato, chances are the following bites up until the last one will ALL taste like a potato.

No need to bold text I'm quite capable of reading without the need of using bold to prove your main point.

And I'm not even talking about gameplay. It can be just exploring other game modes. Personally I'm a franchise mode guy. And that takes time to dig into. Especially with the slow menus.

I've known you from all the way back to the 2k hockey forums so I respect your opinion but I just disagree here. 10 hours just isn't enough time in my opinion.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

Fais chier lol !

But you're assuming the trial will be the final product. Nhl hasn't done it yet but there have been some recent ea games that were still old/poor versions during the early period before the day 1 patch on release day. Just something to keep in mind, those who are still undecided may want to save that trial time until the game actually releases.

Most sports games have a day one patch these days. Hopefully the game that comes out on EA Access will be a significant improvement over the beta and hopefully we don't even need a day one patch but most likely we will. That's how it is these days with a majority of sports games.