EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Ai ruins offline game modes.

I’m beyond fed up with this year after year, this year is by far the worst.

The ai in this game is so unintelligent that it honestly hurts my brain sometimes. They don’t make the right passes, 95% of the time they go for a dump around the boards play, they even dump it past their own player when the passing lane was wide open. They don’t move the puck quick through the neutral zone, make useless dekes that turnover the puck. Skating into the boards and losing the puck.

Why does AI on superstar difficultly skate straight into the boards and fall down like they just started skating and don’t know how to stop yet?

It’s so frustrating. In be a pro half my games are ruined because of what the ai does, it’s almost impossible to play alongside them, and the fact that you lose xp for their mess ups is ridiculous.

Honestly EA really needs to address their biggest issue in their games, which is their 10 hockey IQ AI.

Replies

• G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    Agreed. Bad over all a.i through out all game modes. Blatant handicapping, bugs, and glitches.
  • fastguy2124
    53 posts Member
    edited July 25
    One thing I forgot to mention as well is in be a pro it seems when I pass to an open teammate in the offensive zone, 90% of the time he will instantly pass it back to me, even though I have two d men on me, instead of trying to move it around the zone.
  • I’m beyond fed up with this year after year, this year is by far the worst.

The ai in this game is so unintelligent that it honestly hurts my brain sometimes. They don’t make the right passes, 95% of the time they go for a dump around the boards play, they even dump it past their own player when the passing lane was wide open. They don’t move the puck quick through the neutral zone, make useless dekes that turnover the puck. Skating into the boards and losing the puck.

Why does AI on superstar difficultly skate straight into the boards and fall down like they just started skating and don’t know how to stop yet?

It’s so frustrating. In be a pro half my games are ruined because of what the ai does, it’s almost impossible to play alongside them, and the fact that you lose xp for their mess ups is ridiculous.

Honestly EA really needs to address their biggest issue in their games, which is their 10 hockey IQ AI.

Do you mean offline season?
    I have not this problem with the right sliders. Find SummerSliders and try this.
    It could be how you have setup AI.
    If you are using superstar tuner 1.03 must be AI learning 3/6, cpu diff 2/6. With diff. combination the gameplay is not the same as good.

• Why does AI on superstar difficultly skate straight into the boards and fall down like they just started skating and don’t know how to stop yet?

Tuner 1.04 doing this. It is reason why I am not using him.
    Tuner 1.02 & 1.03 are the best.

• It may help if they ever have AI tendencies. So instead of every player doing the same mistake, it’s based on the players tendencies vs bad AI and tuners over and over again
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    If they make AI learn, the AI will learn humans are self destructive in nature and that we are better off not being here ...

Many movies have been made about this, so my guess is ea doesn't want to contribute to the end of the world, just to sub par video games ...
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    edited July 31
    6's.... Good 6's like back in 13 and 14 where you could change each and every aspect of your player including each and every stat is where this series needs to be.

The goofy gameplay outside of club is cringe puke and fortnite worthy.

Eashl drop in should go back to individual attritbutes in an actual arena with actual hockey gear..

Smh.

Why am I playing a barn animal game with music during gameplay and flashy colours... Smh.

Go BACK TO 13 14 EASHL please?