EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Everything Not In NHL 20

Prev13
GramerProfesur
531 posts Member
edited September 2019
Post and I’ll add.

Roster/slider share: every other sports game has it

Improvements to stumble: players do not stumble, they just fall face first or get bent over (they need to go down on knees more often). When they’re down on ice, should try and play puck with stick or hands depending on zone

Glass breaking : basic addition that added to the realism that was taken out

Improvements to goalies playing the puck: this hasn’t been touched in a decade, goalies are terrible at playing the puck. They skate slow, their passes are off, they lack the ability to stop a puck behind the net for their defenseman

Rolling and wobbling pucks: why was this idea abandoned? It’s a huge part of the game of hockey. Players accepting pucks that are rolling or are not flat should be more likely to lose the puck until they gain control, have their shot accuracy decreased, etc

Improvements to board play/hitting: boardplay is useless, hitting along boards is unrealistic. Players don’t absorb hits with arms, shoulders, hips, sticks like in real life

Improvements to faceoffs: faceoffs are bland and boring, not enough styles. No skill to win, they're a toss up based on attributes

Improvements to net front battles: not enough tools that allow you to successfully clear the crease, the window for a tie up is too short

Ice quality changes throughout period: players and pucks should react differently on choppy ice as the period and game goes on

Server improvements: still major issues with disconnecting, lag, looping, and button delay

EA Game Face: FIFA and UFC have it, allow us to scan ourselves into the game. No reason it’s not in the game

Club Practice Mode: a feature in the past that was for some reason taken away

“Find a Club”: the current system is outdated, make it easier for players to find and join clubs that have played recently and not just public

New club arenas: self explanatory

New club logos (Create a logo): new logos, logo creation system has worked well in other games

Bring back stick/skate customization: was in game before, adds variety to playing styles when you can choose flex/curve as well as skate radius or sharpen

Tracking club accomplishments: give us an NCAA football style trophy case where trophies, records held. Make banners stay in arena past current season

New coaching strategies: coaching strategies in NHL 20 are very basic

New Be A Pro Mode: self explanatory, wasn't touched whatsoever

GM Connected: self explanatory, some sort of online franchise mode full season or half

Custom Goalie Masks: basic system would suffice, has been in other NHL games. Just let us choose color of mask, basic patterns, logos in game, cage design and color

Retro player equipment: licensed if possible, if not similar design sticks, gloves, helmets, skates

Customizable skating styles: can be as simple as knee bend standing, crouched, very crouched

College Helmet cage: ability to change color of cage independent of helmet

Random weather changes in WoC: daytime, dusk, night, snow

AI differentiation: AI still generally feels like they play the same regardless of attributes or strategies

All-Star Game: playable game mode in standalone or franchise

Winter Classic: was in past games, for some reason was taken out

Griefing for World of Chel: community badly needs a kick system implemented for online play

Dynamic crowds: crowds are dead, should boo players who injure, cheer big plays not just goals

New interactive trophy celebration: something similar to what NHL 2K had, pass the cup around

Significantly more player face scans: self explanatory

Tendencies for NHL players: pass/shoot, dump/carry, similar to NHL 2K

Authentic jerseys: lettering, colors, proportions of numbers are wrong on NHL jerseys

More legacy jerseys: many legendary jerseys are still not in the game

Custom soundtracks/arena music: was in past games, for some reason was taken out

Improved menu functionality: menus are still slow and unresponsive

Improvements to player switching: slow progress was made in past games, nothing done in NHL 20

Redesigned ratings system: attributes that are easily measured like Endurance, Shot Blocking, etc.
Post edited by GramerProfesur on

Replies

• zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    fun.......
  • There's no dinosaurs. No dinos no deniros.
  • Would definitely love to see better crowds. They are so stale now and act the same in pre season as they do for game 7 of the cup finals. It’s pitiful at best. One thing for me that would make the game a bit more enjoyable is if they had more presentation again. Add back the teams coming down the tunnel and through their entrance prop if they have one, show them skating around in warmup or something too, actually make the game feel more like watching (or playing) a hockey broadcast.

As for gm connected, as awesome as it would be to see they probably won’t add it until 2025 (if they even do) but I know personally, the only way I’m buying any other NHL game after NHL 20 is if it has gm connected.
  • More authentic NHL equipment.
  • Player switching that gives you the player you want.......
  • Would definitely love to see better crowds. They are so stale now and act the same in pre season as they do for game 7 of the cup finals. It’s pitiful at best. One thing for me that would make the game a bit more enjoyable is if they had more presentation again. Add back the teams coming down the tunnel and through their entrance prop if they have one, show them skating around in warmup or something too, actually make the game feel more like watching (or playing) a hockey broadcast.

As for gm connected, as awesome as it would be to see they probably won’t add it until 2025 (if they even do) but I know personally, the only way I’m buying any other NHL game after NHL 20 is if it has gm connected.

MLB The Show is really improving their crowd atmosphere and baseball isn’t even close to being the most noticeable sport in that regard. It’s hockey, soccer, then everything else

Crowd needs to be more active after wins, especially playoffs, and during portions of games. I want them to boo opposing players who injure (this is an old feature) as well as certain star players like Crosby, Subban, Ovechkin, etc. Refs should be fair game, calls in the 3rd period/OT or during close games should be booed like they are in real life

• Oshimai wrote: »
    More authentic NHL equipment.

Yup, this is just laziness. Players using the wrong equipment when they switched to something else years ago. I’ve spent hours and hours updating just equipment and beard styles

MLB The Show is really improving their crowd atmosphere and baseball isn’t even close to being the most noticeable sport in that regard. It’s hockey, soccer, then everything else

Crowd needs to be more active after wins, especially playoffs, and during portions of games. I want them to boo opposing players who injure (this is an old feature) as well as certain star players like Crosby, Subban, Ovechkin, etc. Refs should be fair game, calls in the 3rd period/OT or during close games should be booed like they are in real life

It would be great to see them re add the crowds booing. I recently went back and played the gem that was NHL 12 and was surprised to hear them boo my player and the commentator actually commented on that too, I totally forgot that was a thing. The way they are now they sound like a baseball crowd.

• We need custom music! It is the only way you can do authentic arena music and other ones like powerplay songs etc. It is just so dissapointment that has not been that feature since NHL 14! Personally those arena songs what EA has been used in past years makes me sick.
  • refined98 wrote: »
    We need custom music! It is the only way you can do authentic arena music and other ones like powerplay songs etc. It is just so dissapointment that has not been that feature since NHL 14! Personally those arena songs what EA has been used in past years makes me sick.

Has anyone from EA ever commented on why this hasn't returned yet? I'd like to actually get an answer from these jokers about why this keeps getting left out!
  • G1ll1es
    38 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Oshimai wrote: »

Although I agree on customization of your be a pro.. This is something that is down the list of priorities in this series.

Ones elimanator, new? Shooting physics ( nope just animations) have been the forefront this year.

In no particular order these should be priority.

The effect the boards have on the game as a whole ( not just player pinning ) is a massive deficiency.

Player interactions at high speed or almost any speed really. If anything the right stick should brace a player for a hit.. As it stands right now you bounce off players. Nuff said on this dead horse.

Stick handling absolutely sucks imo. It lacks user control and promotes animation manipulation causing glitches and cheese.
    When Im skating at half speed my legs shouldnt stop moving should I choose to stick handle manually ( not loose puck deke but right stick control ). They had a decent version of this before current gen.

Omg im wasting my time.
  • GramerProfesur
    531 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    G1ll1es wrote: »

Although I agree on customization of your be a pro.. This is something that is down the list of priorities in this series.

Ones elimanator, new? Shooting physics ( nope just animations) have been the forefront this year.

The problem is that it’s extremely easy to do this, and it’s literally a one man job. I’ve used GettyImages at the start of every season and edited players to make sure they’re using the updated equipment. I only change periodically throughout the season, or if someone makes a big switch in brands/equipment (ex: tinted visor, goalie pads). They literally don’t even have stances for every NHL goalie..

I, and many others, would literally do it for free.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    All of these things would make this game much, much better. Especially would like to see better graphic details ( face scans, player pics, Goalie mask creator, more Jerseys and equipment ) Much better statistics too. Each player need a Bio with all statistics by Team name, Trades and for whom or what was traded, Hot-cold streaks, Awards and Cup rings and a short player discription, same as Team statistics over a Franchise career. Also more new cut scenes during the game would let look this gameplay much better. Is it necessary that the CPU sending a Goalie at the end of a regular season game twice to the bench when you are one goal ahead ? This makes no sense.
  • And for the record, for everyone who plays 1's, 3's and now 6's drop in, there is nothing related to the NHL in NHL 20.
  • Post and I’ll add. For what it’s worth NHL 20 only took 1-2 issues off the board it seems like: improvements to shooting mechanics and goalie rebounds.

Improvements to board play
    Improvements to faceoffs
    Improvements to net front battles
    EASHL Practice Mode
    New coaching strategies
    Custom soundtracks/arena music
    Improved menu functionality

Awesome ideas,

@EA_NHL - Gotta say, can't go wrong with this list (NHL 21+22 ;);) )

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    And for the record, for everyone who plays 1's, 3's and now 6's drop in, there is nothing related to the NHL in NHL 20.

Moot point really when you consider it is called EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE (EASHL) and not called NHL LEAGUE.

I get what you are trying to say, and agree full gear and arenas is the way to go, but using the NHL to back it up is not a valid point in a fantasy hockey league.
  • Vision control and threat tracking is ruining the game. It is artificial a.i that "reads" the best scenarios your player could take leaving you , the user input, to "input" selext buttons for animations. Its a handicap through a s through.
  • G1ll1es wrote: »

The problem is that it’s extremely easy to do this, and it’s literally a one man job. I’ve used GettyImages at the start of every season and edited players to make sure they’re using the updated equipment. I only change periodically throughout the season, or if someone makes a big switch in brands/equipment (ex: tinted visor, goalie pads). They literally don’t even have stances for every NHL goalie..

I, and many others, would literally do it for free.

Do it then.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »
    And for the record, for everyone who plays 1's, 3's and now 6's drop in, there is nothing related to the NHL in NHL 20.

Moot point really when you consider it is called EA SPORTS HOCKEY LEAGUE (EASHL) and not called NHL LEAGUE.

I get what you are trying to say, and agree full gear and arenas is the way to go, but using the NHL to back it up is not a valid point in a fantasy hockey league.

And I agree up to a point...the game itself is called NHL ##. There's no NHL aspect in a large portion of the game now.
  • Agree all of these lack of modification... Custom masks needed badly! Also custom music is more important what it sounds at first. Only way to add custom realistic arena music, power play songs, goal songs etc. A lots of offline modes gamers has been wanted these for years but nope....